Plebs:

Plebs:
>"Grevious is bad because of muh lightsabers and muh cgi"

Patricians:
>"Grevious acts as a throwback to Kali from The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, just one of the many aspects of Revenge of the Sith that help the feel of a fun, old fashioned pulp adventure"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QppINK042N8
youtube.com/watch?v=44H0MVjBDtM
youtube.com/watch?v=_KSbwAJT8RE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ascended:
>Grievous was cool

For some reason, Grievous was always my favorite Star Wars character.
"Time to abandon ship" is still my favorite line.

Nute Gunray comes in on a close second place.

Does this mean the second sequel trilogy will have megazords?

No, because, while that may be stupid and dumb, it'd actually be different and fun. Instead we just get slightly modified version of OT ships

was there ever a reason why they made grievous a coward? every other supplementary material apart from the 3D clone wars and the ROTS movie has grievous being an unstoppable jedi killer

Clone Wars (not *The* Clone Wars) has grievous fleeing. Doesn't that also happen in Republic Commando while his elite guard droids distract Delta Squad? It's necessary because he can die only once.

Should i watch the prequels again?

Everytime i see a clip, im put off by the terrible backgrounds or wooden acting. That being said, they are way more memorable to me than the recent movies.

If you watch them with the knowledge that they're intentionally made to be like the corny, romanticised films and serials from the 30s, 40s and 50s Lucas used to watch, then they're good fun

There's lots of great stuff in them. It's like poetry :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=QppINK042N8

youtube.com/watch?v=44H0MVjBDtM

youtube.com/watch?v=_KSbwAJT8RE

Is genre savvy why I enjoyed Wachowski Speed Racer or do I just have shit taste?

It's funny because if you tried to use that kind of stop motion in a modern movie, people would say the CGI was bad and how they should have done it with practical effects. Because people are stupid.

Best SW design

>use CGI
"WOW THAT PRACTICAL EFFECT WAS GREAT MORE MOVIES SHOULD DO THAT INSTEAD OF FAKE COMPUTER SHIT"
>use models
>"EWW TOO MUCH CGI"

No, they wouldn't because the only people who actually care about CGI vs practicals are autists who would recognize the difference.

that scene was really good though.

I remember when RotS came out, a newspaper gave away a free DVD about Star Wars villains with a featurette about how they came up with Grevious's design. I used to watch it over and over again.

It's a popular mainstream circlejerk.

It really isn't.

clone war (2D) grevious makes movie grevious look like C3PO

it is.

>grievous acting like he's hot shit
>obi wan doesn't even flinch
What a lil bitch

obi-wans facial expressions are really appropriate
>interesting, what the fuck am I dealing with here

>every successful blockbuster is filled to the brim with CGI because actually the mainstream doesn't like CGI
>even blockbuster bombs like Valerian are credited with having gorgeous visuals despite this being contrary to mainstream preferences
You know how I know you're retarded? You realize the shit your autistic friends bitch about isn't the mainstream view, yeah?

It's less impressive when you realize he was looking at a fucking bluescreen the entire time, and that's why he doesn't interact with Greivous.

exactly lol

I thought they got someone to act as a stand-in for Grievous so Ewan had something bounce off of. I'm pretty sure it was one of the fight choreographers, if not the actual fight choreographer of the film.

This Lucas redemption arc is pure kino, cant wait to see how they conclude it over the next 2 years

Kekked out loud

>trying to remember the name of the movie from that scene for 27 years
>stumble across it on 4chinz by accident one day
Sometimes it hurts to just exist

>Nute Gunray comes in on a close second place.
Literally my fave character because of the Battlegrounds game.

probably just lucas yelling at him
"now grevious got 4 light sabers"
"now they're spinning!"
"now they're spinning harder, react!"

Why didn't he just kill obi wan in this scene instead of backing up and doing cool moves?

why didn't obi wan force push him off the cliff?

He wouldn't have been able to. Jedi can sense their opponents intentions so Obi always had an advantage. Couple that with the fact he was solely focused on Grievous, and Grievous, despite being bits held together with plastic, was still an organic caught off guard, the tables were always with Obi to win.

"faster, more intense!"

that was practically the only direction he gave on all of the films

desu nothing in there warranted any reaction. That's just every day business in a galaxy far far away.

>just one of the many aspects of Revenge of the Sith that help the feel of a fun, old fashioned pulp adventure"
Yeah, like the scene where Anakin murders children.

People got killed all the time in pulp adventures. Who cares what their age is. Faggot numale

>then they're good fun
What is with the Lucas shills all over this site lately?
There is nothing remotely fun about any of the first two movies. Second one especially, that always puts me right to sleep.

OH NO NO NO
>General Grievous: Anakin Skywalker. I expected someone with your reputation to be a little... older.
>Anakin Skywalker: General Grievous... you're shorter than I expected.
>General Grievous: Jedi scum!

You're not thinking old fashioned enough. He meant 16th century old fashioned pulp adventure

>he didn't love the detour to tatooine to fix a hyperdrive that diverted again into rescuing a bum and his mom

There was a 1:1 Grievous puppet a guy would operate on set.

How far in do you get before you fall asleep? I know if I'm not out by the time they're stowing away on the transport, i'm in for a rough night

Did they have to simulate the sfx?

What was supposed to be fun about that? It did lead to that hilarious scene with Padme getting wet over him screaming about killing sand people like animals.
Some time during the part where Anakin and Padme are having their painfully awkward romance and Obi Wan is doing the most shittily contrived detective work ever.