Eps 1-3 are gritty, serious, violent

>Eps 1-3 are gritty, serious, violent
>Eps 4-10 are tame TV-Y7

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FT6yhhfiUh8&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look, I know it wasn't exactly the highlight of the episode, but you could at least acknowledge that Ashi ripped apart an army in a pretty damned bloody mess in episode 7 when you make this complaint.

>one minor exception that was totally pointless

Other than that, the rest could be Y7. Name something in the finale that couldn't be aired in the morning.

>not realizing that it started off grimdark because Jack had lost his way

Not the finale but Scaramouche said penis and my mom said I couldn't watch anymore.

I still did. Please don't tell her.

It was played off as a joke. Not exactly as dark as Jack slowly going insane and seriously considering just killing himself.

I'm mostly disappointed that the show pretty much lost all of its tension after the first three.

Also Jack killing the goats.

The core of the finale revolved around Ashi's heritage, meaning that the whole thing wouldn't have been possible under Y7.

Intruding and original post

>92768516
Well, two of the episodes are PG. The rest of them are the bare minimum of TV-14.

What about Ashi's heritage is for mature audiences only? Aku just squirted through his finger into a cup. Now, intense scenes of childbirth would probably be pushing it, but Ashi being demonspawn isn't all that bad.

hey what episode is that screencap from again

Promotional image. But similar scenes happen in eps 3. Just with no sword.

It suffers from the Lindelof/Cuse effect. So many intriguing things are introduced in episode 1-2, only to be shot down or swept under the rug.

>Jack only saving innocents' lives to give his own life purpose
>Jack searching for a new purpose now that the way home is destroyed
>Legitimate religious cults being formed around Aku in his absence
>Jack coping with the fact that he no longer ages
>Jack and Aku having parallel mental breakdowns over not being able to escape the cycle of their rivalry
>Ashi being conditioned since birth that her life only has meaning if it means killing this one human being
>Scottsman setting out to assemble an army and find Jack to lead it

Then the season progresses:

>The Daughters of Aku were christened by Aku himself, and he is the newest generations' literal biological father.
>They all get killed off immediately except for the love interest, never to be mentioned again
>Jack lost his sword IMMEDIATELY after his last fight with Aku (and the scene looks compleltely different compared to the flashback in episode 1). Aku HAS been watching him at least once since that day ("He just grew that stupid beard"), so there's literally no way he wouldn't know that Jack lost the one thing he carries on him constantly
>Ashi's mental conditioning evaporates after she, without hesitation, kills her mother
>The Scottsman literally never goes out and finds jack or builds an army, making his inclusion in the season objectively purposeless
>Jack's character arc also evaporates as soon as he gets his sword back, learning essentially nothing from his suicidal struggles

and of course

>Ashi gains superpowers out of thin air and teleports our main character to the end of the story, as if we're watching a sequence break in a video game speedrun

Because saying that the Jack has "matured" was just a bait for money.

First 2 episodes are brilliant and great adaptation. Rest is just retarded.

Show went downhill halfway through episode 3 and was completely dead at episode 7 where we got Mary Sue Ashi, retarded conclusion to Mother and probably the worst thing - Jack taking back his sword.

Jack returning to EXACTLY the same person he was before was retarded writing. It completely erased previous development and dilemma of killing people. It was actually worse than first four seasons. It wasn't even more of the same thing. Also:

>Death Samurai being some fucking Fat Spirit of Seppuku
>Jack going through "development", meaning literally few second scenes after which everything was suddenly ok
>Ashi overcoming Aku once Jack yelled "I love you" - as cliche as it can get
>Ashi collapsing on the wedding and her last words being a fucking exposition "time paradox lol xD"
>lazy handling of Guardian and Scotsman
>THAT FUCKING RAVE SCENE

To be honest. I'd rather have edgy Jack without Ashi than shitshow we got. Fuck Genndy for this show. Partially though because first 2 episodes are absolutely great.

Such a fucking wasted potential.

There is NO way something so obviously standing in for sex would have been allowed. NONE.

>>They all get killed off immediately except for the love interest, never to be mentioned again

Since they were quite literally half-demons, I would have liked to see Aku revive the girls since that would be possible.

Imagine 7 girls instead of just 1. And none of them are brainwashed. They are willing Aku minions, but more powerful. And Ashi is happy to see them alive again, and has to question whether to rejoin them or fight them.

>>Jack's character arc also evaporates as soon as he gets his sword back, learning essentially nothing from his suicidal struggles

Blue Jack should have stayed. He was a great character.

"Balance" is about keeping some self-doubt and criticism without it going over board. Thus a more reasonable Blue Jack would be great.

>>Ashi's mental conditioning evaporates after she, without hesitation, kills her mother

It's even worse. It evaporates after she saw a fucking butterfly.

>1). Aku HAS been watching him at least once since that day ("He just grew that stupid beard"), so there's literally no way he wouldn't know that Jack lost

This really bothered me.

Also, how does Ashi know the exact time Jack fought Aku? Aku didn't know exactly how far he threw Jack into the future yet Ashi can choose exact points?

So much this. This show needed at least 20 episodes to be ended properly even WITHOUT Ashi plot.

And if anything, it should have been the father-daughter relationship in which Jack finds new purpose in life in training and teaching young girl everything he knows.

Everything first two episodes set up is thrown away to have a retarded cartoon.

Whole second episode was a huge build up for Jack finally killing a person. It was a fucking big deal and it left him weakened and traumatized. Then suddenly we get one quick flashback and killing is ok now. Jack slaughters all other Daughters but OBVIOUSLY the only named one survives.

We then forget about Ashi's sisters and that Jack killed a person because he played with a fucking ladybug. 10/10 writing.

It seriously feels like first 2 episodes and the remaining 8 feel like they were made by completely different people. First two being a great, matured continuation and the rest being retarded fanfic.

Oozing into a cup? That's not quite so obvious. There weren't even really any sexual implications. Aku was just like "Oh okay here's some finger juice. Peace". Now if he made suggestive noises or if the ooze spurted out like semen then I'd see it, but it was tame as shit outside the actual birth.

>Whole second episode was a huge build up for Jack finally killing a person. It was a fucking big deal and it left him weakened and traumatized. Then suddenly we get one quick flashback and killing is ok now. Jack slaughters all other Daughters but OBVIOUSLY the only named one survives.

And the obvious issue with this is NEVER dealt with.

Jack rationalizes it as okay since they made their choice. Yet they never really did. This was their first time ever leaving the god damn temple.

Ashi should have explained that, and then that should have made Jack horrified, and made him regret his decision. Obvious melodrama that was avoided.

>Jack coping with the fact that he no longer ages
>mfw this was only a plot point so that it wouldn't be weird when he got a young waifu

Liquid + pregnancy = sex metaphor banned from kids' TV

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

youtube.com/watch?v=FT6yhhfiUh8&t

>I didn't want to go full on heads getting chopped off, blood spurting everywhere but at the same time, I also wanted it to be newer and exciting and take advantage of some of those things.

Yet eps 1-3 are just that. Jack gets a realistic wound, is covered in blood, and there's a flashback with people sliced in half with a sword.

This is probably conjecture on both our parts. You probably don't have an example where the censors squashed a pregnancy angle involving drinking magic juice, and I don't have an example showing the opposite. I just know that any kid watching would not understand any more about the actual sex act from watching Ashi's mom's silhouette drink some magic juice. There's nothing sexual about it besides the fact that a pregnancy resulted, but that's the usual implied sexuality that comes with having pregnant characters in your show, which kids shows have done before. Kids shows have even done childbirth.

sometimes i think literally the only reason season 5 got a R-rated pass was just to make that talking penis joke.

>And if anything, it should have been the father-daughter relationship in which Jack finds new purpose in life in training and teaching young girl everything he knows.
My fucking God, still mad?

What about Jacks reaction in episode 5 where he thought he inadvertently killed a bunch load of children? Or in the episode following that where he tried to KILL himself. Or the episode after that where Ashi beat an entire army to death. I get where you are coming from and i am a bit disappointed in the changes my self but things didn't cool down until about Jack lost his beard.

You must be 18 or over to post here son.

I'M 38!

>not paying attention to the actual TV ratings
Come on, man.