How would you make the MCU better?

How would you make the MCU better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_v2zUJu2qo
youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs
vulture.com/2016/10/kevin-feige-doctor-strange-marvel-casting-diversity.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop recycling the same plots over and over again. Quit focus testing everything to hell. Not being afraid to throw some edge in every once in a while.

I like the MCU but the last couple entries have been pretty damn underwhelming.

Reboot it with stand alone movies. I just want a decent thor flick with decent actors. And no stupid fucking "they're aliens with alien tech", horseshit.

You can't improve on perfection

This is like asking how you can make DC worse it's just impossible

Fuck off, Feige.

How can a dinosaur stop a falling meteorite?

More tits violence r rated movies and no more origin histories, also crossovers with all the fox shit

Increase quips

Force in more RDJ

Focus test it harder to kiddies

1 billion guaranteed at box office, kiddies and Sup Forumscksuckers will defend it.

More women and minorities defeating white male villains

But the Russo Brothers were directors of Community and they made Winter Soldier which was super popular and good?

A fluke, user. Besides, ripping off Solid Snake also helped.

"TWS was good" was just an inside meme.

This is untrue, you could let Goyer direct AND screen-write the movies.

>DCfriends fw Whedon saves the DCEU.

there really is something big to be said about squashing the special snowflake directors' visions when you're making basically one movie stretched over 20 movies

not to mention most of the stifling was due to perlemutter

This

DC is close with their diverse teams fighting white villains and the sparing of female villains while killing male ones but they're stupid and their movies are terrible

>the one decent scene is a direct 1:1 rip-off from Die Hard
>MCU kiddies end up praising it as innovative as they were too young to experience the Die Hard movies

How is Winter Solider anything like Die Hard? Die Hard?

This it's a political thriller more like 3 days in the condo

Mmm... maintain the current directorial / writing standards, avoid caving to internet demands, instead, diversify the types of stories we tell, and increase the delve into our catalogues for more small heroes who we can make great through their unique tales. We've gone cosmic, we're solid for domestic, now maybe a little grit would be fine... Moon Knight is just begging to be the next film, and i'd wager we could do the whole thing and keep people unsure if it even was a Marvel movie the whole time.

Oh, and continue to embrace the Kirby, color and light are doing us right. Let's see if we can make some of our other signature artist's classic styles come to the big screen. I wouldn't mind seeing some McFarlane-esque spider-man as soon as we're done with Homecoming.

Anyway, keep a solid hand on the rudder and we'll steer this ship gently into the future.

And I'm getting sucked into a fan war thread. Great.

This desu

>tfw the "MCU movies are all the same" meme is everywhere but no one has produced proof

Congo*

You can just ignore this thread, Disney shill.

>Why didn't he open his eyes?
>He just didn't...

No, you meant condor.

youtube.com/watch?v=i_v2zUJu2qo

youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs

The TV-show cinematography might have you fooled but it's basically the same scene on repeat.

Don't Ever Bite Shitty Bait Like That Again

Nice ideas

>anyone I don't agree with is a shill!

Wew

Holy shit Disney really does astroturf on Sup Forums.

And lose a day's pay? Namely a cent

Right

3 days in the condor

You show up in every thread that criticizes the MCU to blindly defend it. If you're not a shill, you're doing it for free which is even more sad. At least shills get paid.

>slight similarities
>"the exact same scene"

>all to cover for a DC movie where someone gets pissed to death

They share one similar scene? I could understand when people say Dredd was like Die Hard because they share very similar settings but Die Hard only takes place in one place and is a basic terrorist plot while Winter Solider is a political thrilleresque. Its more in the vain of one of the Borne movies than Die Hard.

It''s not about being paid it's about loving great movies which based marvel has nothing but

>you show up on every thread
>everyone who likes something is one person
>Sup Forums is one person

You need to relax, mate.

Bring Coulson back to the big screen

It would be more hype than Thanos

>WS copies from everywhere
That's sad.

>slight similarities
You know nothing of film if you can't notice the blatant rip-off.

How new? There's an actual unabashed Marvel shill on this board that has the same exact posting style in every thread. One of his trademarks is calling Marvel "based" like

Why are anons incapable of comprehending the concept of someone liking something they dislike?

Well they don't copy from everywhere, it's just they are similar genres.

I wonder if he has enough self-awareness to realize how tryhard shill he comes off as.

>expecting a Disney shill to watch anything older than him

Note that the shill also writes without using caps or punctuation.

That's not what this thread is about. No one asked you if you like the MCU. Re-read the OP. This isn't your fanboy war thread.

Wew lad, that's a big one

Not new, I just don't come here often. I'm from Sup Forums. I like Marvel AND DC. Let us be friends!

>I like Marvel AND DC
Suuure.
>I'm from Sup Forums
Yeah, we noticed.

Why are you so defensive, OP?

>I'm from Sup Forums.
>I like DC.
You'really a cancer and need to leave

Why are you so angry for no reason, guy? Relax, maybe take a break from the internet. I can feel you slipping

NO
MORE
TACTICOOL!

Also no passive agressive insufferable female leads or cringey "this is funny scene laugh dammit

>muh sekrit club

Why are you so triggered?

What has the point where you decided enough was enough?

For me, it was watching Dr Strange and witnessing the audience forcing itself to giggle at the terrible word puns that makes no sense and requires you to accept these characters as quipbots for it to work. I sat there realizing what a hollow fucking product the film and by extension MCU is.

>LOL U MAD
Nice argument, bro.

The Beyonce quip killed the MCU for me.

And the fedora.

>What has the point where you decided enough was enough?

Without Feige the MCU would be so much shittier, you contrarians would be crying for him to return if he ever stepped down.

Ben, Polanski is till making movies. Why don't you go back to him and stop disgracing yourself?

Feige's only real "contribution" is overriding director vision with intense focus tests and design-by-assembly bullshit. The sooner Marvel fans speak out against him, the sooner we return on a better track. But maybe Disney as whole is the problem.

I'd rather capeshit be killed altogether.

Better villians

>design-by-assembly
*committee.

-of jews

If you're going to embrace other genres, (i.e. Dr. Strange is a superhero "horror" film), really allow it to be 50/50 instead of 80/20. Homogenous films mean they're eventually going to get stale in the long run. Now that Perlmutter's long arm is no longer choking the company, allow directors to flex their visions a little bit. A talking raccoon next to a Norse god is already going to look weird any way you slice it, so embrace the differences. Smash Bros. was able to mash aesthetics together, and that's one of the reasons that game is such a big seller.

Strong characters are key, but we've seen so many origin stories that it's starting to get stale. Have a time skip after the Infinity movies, so we can plunge into a world with multiple established heroes so you can try new story hooks.

On that note, let's see more teams. Thunderbolts would be a perfect choice, Young Avengers could have Kang, sky's the limit.

Oh, they will speak against him.
vulture.com/2016/10/kevin-feige-doctor-strange-marvel-casting-diversity.html

>At this very moment, Joss is filming an extra 30 solid minutes of character-building Quippage to salvage Just-us League.

More quips.

Holy shit, people don't actually think this is true right? Like this is a meme?

Me too honestly. I'm not seeing Guardians and any MCU movies until Infinity War

>continue to embrace the Kirby
While putting a Kirby page on a wall is nice, that's hardly "embracing" the Kirby. They need to do way more.

Are there even any big marvel properties left that haven't been movie'd yet? besides X-Men, which is in the hands of Sony.

David Lynch gets to direct the next Hulk film

>people

Why not David Cronenberg? Oh wait, he thinks capes are shit

sell the rights back to DC

Tell some weirder stories on smaller budgets by hiring some better directors, producers and writers. Focus on single writer led productions wherever possible. People care less about big animation and effects than they do good writing and character driven plots due to the oversaturation of effects in the market, and good writing is CHEAPER. Use it.

Sell merchandise that people want: games and apps. A kid might not buy an action figure and their parents wont okay hundreds in microtransactions but they can get five to ten dollar mobile or pc games so long as they are good. Remember, they care more about story than graphics these days, and the same holds true for solid gameplay.

I would say some more "single character target" and "solid gameplay" mobile games, something that lets you fly round like iron man in the game, or augmented reality like pokemon go, or simple enjoyable physics games (help rocket racoon destroy the spaceship to get the loot!).

Similarly try and get a big budget call of war combat fps, a hero based quickmatch fps, a moba and some sort of simple, flashy, high randomness card game. Fuck maybe rent your games licenses to blizzard.

Branch out into more "global" heroes over the next ten years. Follow up Black Panther with an Africa team, create at least one movie with a couple of prominent European heroes and start building towards a full Asian team (focusing on china and japan because that is where the audience and "popularity" is but elsewhere too).

Help Sony make GOOD Spider-Man peripheral and centric movies in exchange for equal marketing rights and crossovers. Better to grow the brand than let them crash what could be a big earner over time.

Get ownership rights to the X-Men back so you can stop pushing the Inhumans and risking running the whole project into the ground out of vanity forcing you to foreground your own hyper sterile meaningless shakesperian game of thrones.
Make good X-Men movies, flesh out your existing heroes backgrouns with all the mutants you had to cut out.

Get "usage" rights for the Fantastic 4, Dr Doom, Namor the Sub-Mariner and the origional Human Torch.

Use them as background characters to build the MCU while allowing whoeverthefuck actually owns the rights to keep their own merchandising and even make their own shit movies if they want.
Maybe make a "flashback" Invaders movie with Cap, Namor and the og Human Torch.

Reboot your TV/streaming wing and bring it in fully with MCU canon. Stop focusing so heavily on New York, its not bad but does get played out faster as a program than as a comic.
Personally I would try and wrap Runaways, New Warriors and Cloak and Dagger into your new cannon if possible, give them enough budget to be worth it too.

Take full control over the comics wing before it crashes and burns.

Who cares what they do but get all your writers together to flesh out a comics storyline gameplan long term with what is happening in the next month, year, three years etc etc hammered out.

Have writing teams led by a single big name but subservient to an actual skilled editor with power to make alterations and corrections.

Let people take time to make and tell stories.

No more big yearly events forcing everything to drop what its doing and have tie ins. Smaller events of a few books, sure, maybe even everyone for a big once in a decade thing, but it CANNOT be forced to be reguar or people will get tired of it and your creators quality will be shit.

Have them also create on going MCU comics that are cannon to the movies instead of just wierd one of tie ins- let your comics and mcu writers fraternize and work together. Get that talent moving to where it works best.

Get a handle on ecomics and online content NOW. Get a Disney in house online streaming service that includes comics, cartoons, movies, ebooks even across all properties OR give it all to netflix, even the comics and have them handle the actual architecture.

Either way people need to be able to buy ecomics at the same time as if not before physical comics, trades too. And I am talking like kids weekly microtransaction allounce cheap, a couple of dollars a pop or ten, fifteen bucks a month for all you can eat. Get the full back catalog on there too.

Do it right and you could WIN the company war.

And those MCU comics, online e versions especially, should be FREE with a ticket to a movie containing the same characters.

We're already winning

>make the MCU better?
Financially? I'm not sure there's much room for improvement.

Quality? No more infinity stone like crossover elements. Stop making the characters the most generic likeable versions of themselves they could possibly be. Wider range of "non-committed" villains in lead henchman roles or as cameos. Some of the heroes actually fighting crime occasionally would be nice.

>Gunn
>Waititi
>Shane Black
>Coogler
>C-rate television directors
>Everyone memed Favreau must've hated working on the MCU yet he's still around as actor and producer
>Still shitting on the Russos despite them proving themselves to be perfectly able to juggle with these AAA productions twice
>Still memeing about the MCU's lack of creativity when movies like CW still break conventions and expectations while for example the DCEU still struggles with coming up with an ending that isn't "and then they fight a CG monster"
>There's no tryhard attempt at grimdark so it must mean all MCU movies are the same

(You)

tl;dr

>Gunn
>Waititi
>Shane Black
Who?

>CW
>broke conventions

You're not serious, right? Literally avengers 3 except the last 10 minutes

So you admit those 10 minutes weren't expected? Glad we agree!

Although i guess "break conventions" makes it sound like a bigger deal than i intended

If Snipes hadn't been stopped from strangling Goyer on set, we would have been spared the DCEU

No, it just hasn't happened in the MCU yet. The ending was still predictable as hell from a movie perspective. It's just a big budget action flick. They don't even have the balls to kill off a main hero.

>inb4 Quicksilver
>3 minutes total screen time
>main hero

Yes but you'd also lose Baneposting!

It was definitely unexpected

Most movies have an actual ending

>Anyone who doesn't hold a negative opinion on something is a shill for that company

Y-yoi guys actually aren't that autistic are you

>They don't even have th
Iron Man was dead in Avengers roughly the same amount of time from "Superman is Kill" to "look Superman's grave is shaking, he alive!".

...why did anybody have to die? You say it was predictable, maybe it became more obvious while watching the movie but pre-release most idiots were swearing it was going to end in a dumb fight against nameless gooks (like the other Winter soldiers that were set up as bait and switch) or that the airport fight was the focus and big finale

Why do you keep bringing up DC movies? This thread is about the MCU

>bring Evan Peters Quicksilver to MCU

Honestly the only thing in the MCU that has been unpredictable so far was the dance off in GotG(not in a good way either). Everything else has been pretty safe.

Why does it trigger you so predictably?

If by "safe" you mean "actually organize your movies instead of throwing shit in the form of Christian imagery at a wall hoping something sticks" then yeah, sure

My only major complaint with CW is that the whole airport fight sticks out like a sore thumb. Every other action scene in the film is straight forward serious and chock full of 9/11 imagery, and the constant snark from every character as they're fighting to the death breaks the tone a bit. Not to mention it's in the same movie as a guy getting drowned upside down in a sink and Iron Man's parents being mercilessly gunned down.

I know right, why don't they use something like the Bridget Jones cinematic universe as a comparison, that's much more fitting

Triggered? I was just wondering why you were going off topic. Do you have dementia?

It gets boring after a while. I thought they were taking a risk with GotG but as we saw with GotG2 it's pretty much just a new formulaic product.