Is this the best thing netflix has made?

is this the best thing netflix has made?

is this the mad men of criminal series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l-pdOg2xMeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Maybe. Let's just see how season two turns out first though.

yes

perhaps

godless is the best thing on netflix and maybe house of cards season 1

Bloodline S1 and Narcos.

YOU JUST KNOW

what is it, oh viral marketer?

I liked Godless but the final episode is so fucking awful that it overall is a complete let-down.
Bloodline season 1 is still the best thing Netflix has ever done, it's a shame S2 and S3 were so worthless

It's good, but first season of True Detective was better. Also Dark is a very good tv series.

the last narcos season was awful though. a poor imitation of what it were. Up until pablo's death tho, really good.

true detective is HBO

I like it.
I think they should focus more on the core idea of the show, though. The vanilla relationship drama falls flat when it's right next to a scene about a guy who raped his mother's decapitated head.

I get there's more a poignant point to it or something. But I want to see more murderers.

I meant True Detective as a criminal series (I know it's HBO)

is dark actually that good? the trailers for it on netflix leave me skeptical to start it

What didn't you like about it?
I think the Cali cartel was pretty different from Pablo, so it was a good change. It also showed a scarier side of what happens when these drug gangs get too big.

they've strapped their name to a lot of fucking shit
all of those Marvel shows are god awful

so, yes I suppose

/thread

DUDE I DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT BECAUSE MUH INSTINCTS LMAO

Fucking loved the last episode and how Holden changed. The only thing I disliked is the mansplaining feminist who got butthurt over the usage of "eight ripe cunts". Fuck sake, he's interviewing serial killers here, not babies.

youtube.com/watch?v=l-pdOg2xMeM

They show that serial killers are made, not born.

I meant the main character

I was skeptical at first because it's in German but after watching it I came to the conclusion that it might be one of the best Netflix series. Reminded me of Twin Peaks but Dark felt even more dark, heavy and dense. There are no comic reliefs like in Twin Peaks.

Not that it sort of changed tone, but that they tried to immitate the first seasons. That tried to swap out Murphy's role of the show with Pena, it was too obvious (i mean, with the voiceover and so forth). Narcos season 1-2 were so great because it felt informative and real, and because Boyd Holbrook has a really good narative, confident and securing voice (nohomo) whereas Pedro Pascal does not. Season 3 also is a lot more confusing, it doesn't have a clear narrative and 'bad guy', lacks direction and goal. Sure it has one, but it's so unclear in comparison that at least I stopped caring, couldn't be bothered being invested in these new characters

If you knew about Chapo beforehand, season 2 is shit because it's made up shit to stretch out the show

The season finale was pretty silly and amateurish, so it left me with mixed feelings of the series overall.
The autismo feeb realizing he’s getting dumped was such a poorly written scene that I groaned several times while watching it.
>Something bad is happening here...
>You’re being distant, your body language is defensive and uncomfortable, you only have one wine glass out despite knowing I was coming over, you don’t want me to come inside the house, I saw you fooling around with someone else last week...
>What could be happening here...
>Hmmmm...
>Waitaminute... are you breaking up with me?!
So fucking bad. Like, so bad it felt like it belonged in a CBS show.

Has no one really seen this? It's fucking incredible, looks better than pretty much anything on tv and has some incredible self contained one episode-kind of stories like the smoke cloud, the painting one and the wedding episode (still in the middle of season 2 tho)

It’s boring as fuck.

I really feel like insulting you since I love this show but it really does have some very slow parts. I guess I just get so hypnotized with the camerawork that I don't mind nothing happening

The show would be a lot better without this character

nice quads. I dunno. Narcos were about Pablo Escobar, not the drug empire he had. And season 3 werent about Chapo alone, it were about a group of people. It's like the show said 'Hey, pick whoever you want to relate with out of these people!' it's lazy. Swining in the dark, whereas season 1-2 had a purpose.

It was in bad taste though, if it got out to the press that federal law enforcement was that vulgar and flippant about murder victims, it would not bode well

She obviously took extra offense being a woman, but she had a point either way.

She's boring, annoying and ugly. I suspect she's the daughter of someone influential or something.

has some good scenes but the guy on the lefts girlfriend is so insufferable

I don't hate her character. I just don't understand what she brings to the show, or why so many scenes are centered around her. Especially after they broke up.

I thought it was a nice way of showing how prudish people were in the 60s. And how that attitude made them fail to connect to the killers. Even entertaining the thought that these killers might be regular people in some ways was offensive to them.

I like how the bitch intellectual tries to lecture Holden and the show actively tries to make you not like Holden - only to have him be right and vindicated by the end of the day every time. By the end of the show youre supposed to be like "gee Holden is an asshole" but it didnt happen.

>I just don't understand what she brings to the show
Maybe she's supposed to bring a more sociological view on criminality. But they don't really follow through with that.

Also, the manditory 'my lovelife struggles because of my job' stuff.

The other guy's adopted kid was may more interesting than her despite having way fewer scenes and no dialogue. They fucked up when they put her in the show.
Hell, it would have been more interesting if they had made the autismo agent start fucking new bitches all the time, like getting into these serial killers' heads was turning him on.

You're in for a treat then. The later episodes of season 2 are the best yet.

Netflix doesn’t make shit.

They buy the rights to distribute shit other people made

Netflix is the enemy

netflix gives me a platform to watch a lot of media by paying very little, completely legally

How was he such a cuck lads?

>is this the mad men of criminal series?

You know, I was just thinking the same thing. I feel like they both have the same literary aspirations.

Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better
Run run run run run run run away oh oh…

>torrent exist

>legal
>torrenting
Nigga

so far yes

HoCwas really good initially, showed potential, but we all know where that fucking went

it's the best show Netflix has put out since Marco Polo, Matt Smith makes a way better Prince Philip than I ever expected

The point of her character is she makes FBI suspect that maybe what the serial killers say about women is true

No. Dark is.
/thread

>Dark

I feel bad for wasting ten hours of my time on a series that went absolutely fucking nowhere and just says ''fuck you watch season 2'' at the very end

Will Fincher still be involved or will he jump ship like with hoc? He's the only reason to watch these

Shitflix needs to realize already that 4 seasons is like the maximum a series needs to go, otherwise much of it will be filler, even with 10 or 8 episodes per season. Most stories don't need that much time to be told.

It also seems to bore the creative leads when a series goes on too long and they fuck off to more interesting projects.

tfw no qt hebrew hussie

it dipped towards the end, but i liked how they finished it with the main guy getting a big ego and things starting to fall apart. hyped for next season

Good ol Ed pushing his shit in