Lord Humungus

some app

whores say the nuns, nuns says the whores

Meteor strike

Obviously Yellowstone

If you don't know you didnt understand the film

Would you eat people if you had to Sup Forums

Jews

I watched this for the first time today and have to say, I honestly don't see the appeal. Maybe I have my own expectations to blame but I thought this movie was fucking boring, that the ending was a cop-out and that it was shit visually as well. Mediocre as fuck desu.

It was the loss of oil mixed with a supervolcano.

There weren't enough foods to go around because there wasn't a means of production. The military thus had to be safeguarded and the populations all but went rabid. The entire world was basically fucked from a natural disaster and not being able to recover from it, if it was nuclear there would be far more indicators of this. Also the seismic activity prove the supervolcano scenario with fires in the earth.

Putin

robot dogs

I read the book a couple of years ago. I don't remember if the father or another character talks about about "a bright light in the sky the day it happened"

There is no radiation or at least no one is talking about it.

So its probably a meteor strike that put up a dust cloud that shields out the sun and kills all plant life and subsequently animal life as well.

Supervolcano is also possible but the bright light in the sky sounds more like a meteor coming down to me.

Obviously Trump and the white trash who elected him. We need to gas them all en masse for the good of the world and the gene pool.

If I remember correctly, that were corpses fused with the asphalt of the road, due to intense heat, I imagine. So nuclear war

the point is it doesn’t matter

The book is much better desu

Does it matter?

It's not really what the flick is about.

Nukes with that amount of ash wouldve killed them all by radiation sickness by the time the movie is set.

Agree with you user,didnt get why this was so hyped

I don't know and I fucking love it. Obligatory "booksbetter"

I actually watched this for the first time a couple days ago and I don't really get why it's so popular. I liked the tone of it and the atmosphere and the relationship between the two main characters but their acting seemed to get monumentally worse when they had to interact with other people for some reason, the flashbacks to Viggo and his wife being especially terrible.

They were fused to the road because the forest around it was on fire. In California fires back roads will melt from the heat no nuke necessary.

Caim and the dragon Angelus fell thru a dimensional portal while battling the beast queen, after defeating her in a song duel caim was blown out of the sky by jsdf jets, the corpse of the queen turned to salt and infected the world with wcs

SEETHING

total environmental collapse due to the death of bees, caused by pesticides and deforestation.

This is one of those settings where I like to imagine something completely supernatural/mystical like angels just came down from the heavens and destroyed everything or whatever, and it holds just as much water as any other theory.

Yellowstone. Kino as well, why don't we have more post-apocalyptic kinos? Could be bleak like The Road or beautiful like TLOU, whatever, just give me a well written post apocalypse with good characters

You are not wrong

Thats what they started dying off though, roads of littered bodies everywhere, in the book people just sitting dead in houses and fields

Sounds like classic radiation poisioning to me

It was a asteroid or several of them. The author said he doesn't really know/doesn't want "what" caused it to be the focus, but he said he talked to scientists about what the effects of a asteroid hit on the planet would be.

Also at the start the mc says

". There was a long shear of bright light, then a series of low concussions."

>just sitting dead in houses and fields

only sample of the book I can think of, of the possibly pre event happening, corpse sitting" there was a town they passed through and while it had been a while the boy was old enough it couldve been a tired traveler five years ago that died there.

>roads of littered bodies everywhere

Melted by fire from whatever happened a forest fire will melt asphalt. Also "fires in the hills with strange chanting in the first year" so they couldve been done in (if the non melted variety) by the numerous cults.

grant you though it does seem like Nukes could be a scenario.

I think it was the event

youtube.com/watch?v=RN0ixdOsrY0

A man was driven mad by his desire to win a certain prize and burned the world and put a small boy in there for the Swedish women who vote on the winner to feel sympathetic toward.

God i love post-apocalyptic shit like this

That one japanese game where you're climbing around in a dust-infested and earthquake-ridden destroyed city has some vibes along that line aswell, i keep forgetting its name though but the iso is prolly still lying around somewhere

I think super volcano, maybe nuclear war since he was filling as much water as he could right at the beginning there before fallout set in.

Maybe "I Am Alive"?

>bright flashes
>dull thuds
>neverending winter
It's almost like they were vaguely describing a nuclear holocaust.

Why didn't they just eat people? It's the most logical means to surivival.

>Why didn't they just eat people? It's the most logical means to surivival.

>pleb

>not respecting the great BTFO'r of sjw's Mr. Hugh Mungus

Nah it looked good at least

Isn't there a scene in the film where they look out the window and you can see a red/orange glow. Presumably a nuclear explosion or maybe a meteor

also near the beginning a narrator says
>"the clock stopped at 1:17"
>"there was a long, sheer, bright light, then a series of low concussions"

So it has to be either a nuke, and the concussions were nukes in other cities. Or an asteroid, and the concussions were smaller pieces. The fact that the clock stopped leads me to believe there was an EMP

Fallout from The Last Jedi bombing.

Because you get the human version of mad cow disease that puts holes in your brain.

This

hilldawg