Are we liking the prequels to trigger the libs?

are we liking the prequels to trigger the libs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m6u9B8lR9Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=K5MD9cwpyqY
youtube.com/watch?v=lrhNPS4nbmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3LXADMNoe_0&list=PLvLZflV9SL_ypLWyFWevPBN5FWV-qNc_0&index=11
youtube.com/watch?v=LkeoiiGQGek
youtube.com/watch?v=a1E-nSNjzlY
youtube.com/watch?v=IJ1E7pQl9rY
youtube.com/watch?v=y_az3eNb0fI&list=PLnR6UcNwYNof_aAD1XdD2No3jcZaaM849
youtube.com/watch?v=pgTI9rWWkaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the prequels were great..

Nah, they are legit good compared to the sequels. III has always been considered on par with or if not at least better then RotJ.

This board is so contrarian that it actually considers the prequels to be good movies. Fuck me.

I'm guessing it's either one of two things, either it started out as ironic memery but just like with every fucking thing on this site a bunch of newfaggot retards couldn't tell it was ironic and were memed into actually defending the prequels. Or the shitters on this board are so young that they're actually nostalgic about the Prequels.

Christ this board is cancer.

RotS is on pair with ESB, you cant deny this any more Sup Forums

Just take this pure kino scene for example

>I literally can't even
move along soyboy

>soyboy

You newfaggot redditors are so funny. Faggot became too offensive so you stopped saying that, then you moved onto cuck. Then cuck became too offensive so now you're onto soyboy. It sounds like literal babytalk.

Fuck off Disney pleb

prequels are intentionally campy and goofy space operas inspired by classic adventure serials like Flash Gordon and great epics from 40s and 50s. there is literally nothing wrong with them when you understand to what genre they are paying homage to.
they are a pleb filter of the highest caliber

>there are people who post this unironically

>George Lucas' directing is the cinematic equivalent to "I was only pretending to be retarded"

Prequels were atrociously bad. I haven't watches TLJ yet (not paying for that) but I doubt it's a cringey green screen fest starring Jar Jar stepping on poo.

I always hated episode II's poster, but you have to admit that it's displaying exactly what you're going to get from that movie

this

>i dont like them so everyone must feel the same way

I've actually always defended them through the RLM era but now I don't like what's going on on Sup Forums so I bash them at every occasion

>heh, you thought you could criticize this movie?
>guess again, everything is subjective haha!

Nah,the prequels are shitty films made by a lazy hack who despite being surrounded by fuckloads of money and raw talent managed to make at best high budget fan films with scripts that make high school productions look shakespearean by comparison

It's only in the last few years that people have started to defend the prequels. And as I said it's for one of those two reasons. Fucking millenials.

It’s a combination of contrarianism, and irony turning to “sincerity” all boosted by the fact that kids that grew up with them are now around 20

Wut. Why would liking the prequels trigger libs?
This.
You can like them, that's fine. But to say that they are good movies is an insult to actually good movies. I enjoy some things about the prequels, but I would never rank any of them above 4/10 or so.

no, it's how cinema used to be. movies from that era have their charm, and so do prequels, but you wouldn't understand it because you're a pleb who hasn't seen anything made before the 70s

>Wut. Why would liking the prequels trigger libs?

Because user, everyone who disagrees with my opinions is the exact opposite of me. That means they're a disney loving soyboy libtard cuck. As opposed to I, the raw vegetable rustic ubersmench sat on Sup Forums

I'm a liberal and I liked them.

Fight me.

ROTS was legitimately good.

>no, it's how cinema used to be

You're talking about the original trilogy here, chap. The OT are cheesy space adventure serials, but they're actually well written, directed and produced. The Prequels are a poor imitation at recreating that, except done with zero effort and with horrifically cringey Bush-era politics inserted to what should be simplistic space adventures.

You can claim they're intentionally shit all you want, but it's so evidently clear that the whole flash gordon reference thing is something they did in the OT, and yet they still managed to be competent and highly enjoyable films, whereas the prequels are not.

>movies from that era have their charm, and so do prequels,

Literal prequel nostalgia apologism

Did you guys ever hate the exposition? Or do you like the world building in the prequel movies?

Kek. Yep, that's a pretty good description of these types of people.

>reddit spacing

Sup Forums's memes about how the prequels weren't that bad actually had me download the movies again and see them. They're still shit, Sup Forums. Even ROTS. Never again. All that awful dialog and wooden characters haven't gone anywhere.

you cant say a movie is good cos it might insult someone

unironically kill yourself my man

don't say that, they might actually use it for another fake news headline and cause a shitstorm by labeling all innocent prequel fans as le ebil alt right nazis

This decision not only fits stylistically, but chronologically as well, considering Star Wars is a film of the 70s and the prequels happen some 2-3 decades before that (in-universe) so it all works out perfectly and it really is quite literally, pottery.

>the Prequels are a poor imitation at recreating that,

No, they aren't. The prequels were supposed to be different, "A Shakespearian tragedy" mixed with old 1950s classical movies and dialogue.

George literally said he didn't think people would want to see Episode I when he made it because it isn't like the OT, it's about Anakin as a little boy taken in by the Jedi, so it's more focused on that rather than space battles and lightsaber duels and whatnot of the OT.

sage

They're not as bad as they're sometimes made out to be. Except for AOTC. That one can go straight to hell.

Phantom Menace is watchable and Revenge of the Sith genuinely decent, though. So far the sequels are overall still considerably better, though.

Redditor newfag detected.

Wouldn't explain why Anakin's character development makes no sense, why Padme's character makes no sense, why the Jedi are depicted as bumbling idiots, etc.

yes, because prequels are epics from the the 40s and 50s with some Flash Gordon sprinkled on top. George is such an autist that when he made movies set 30 years before the OT, he made them in cinematic style that was used 30 years before he made the OT. watch them with that in mind and you'll understand that they are a misunderstood homage to a genre and part of cinemas history that doesn't exist anymore.

disney shill

>Anakin's character development makes no sense

Always had some darkness in him, hard life, combined with being told you're number 1 since he was young, and fear of his wife dying caused him to turn.

Padme didn't make much sense, yes.

The Jedi are idiots, and quite arrogant too. This is actually depicted pretty well with their backwards Jedi Code about forbidding relationships which lead to Anakin being even more distanced from them, and believing they could stop the Sith and not listening to their intuition that Sheev was the Sith Lord controlling the Senate, until... too late. They deserved what they got for acting so high and mighty.

This makes no sense. The original trilogy was already an homage to 40s and 50s movies.

Should be easy for you to name some specific movies that Lucas was paying homage to in the prequels by using that wooden approach, then.

Now that ster wers had been taken over by disney, we immediately like the prequels.
Because cisney has many jewish people, and that's bad. Lucas is not jewish so that's good. Which means the prequels were masterpieces all along.

But you see, the jews ruined the prequels, and made them look bad. They can't stand it when non-jews succeed, and that's no good.

If you have further questions, don't be afraid to ask, for you see, I am very redpilled.

>Anakin's character development makes no sense
why?
> Padme's character makes no sense
why?
>why the Jedi are depicted as bumbling idiots
thatsthepoint.png
showing the decadence, hypocrisy and fall of the Old Republic and old Jedi order was the point. Jedi are depicted as idiots intentionally, because they were arrogant idiots and their order was in decline. their corruption and declining links to the Force are stated in dialogues multiple times

I'm not opposed to calling you soyboy faggot if that's what you crave

No, prequels were always good but were memed by the reddit letter media faggots. It's a bonus that it triggers libfags like OP and this soy

Gungadin, Flash Gordon serials, Gone with the Wind, Sinbad.

but it was directed in a new wave style, prequels were literally directed like if they were made in those years.

Liking the Transformers movies will also trigger the libs

I'd actually defend some aspects of those.

Samson and Delilah, Land of the Pharaohs, David and Bathsheba, Solomon and Sheba, Henry V (1944)

The first one was a genuinely fun popcorn flick.

Love how Lucas married old Hollywood techniques in regards to acting & directing with modern state-of-the-art effects work. I also love how it went over everyone’s heads.

They sure have problems but I can't hate them.

sup armond

I unironicially think that Lucas is a misunderstood cinematic genius who will be appreciated after his death.

i really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really like this picture

How do the prequels trigger libs?

The prequels are nothing more than superficial rehashing of OT concepts and moments because HAHA MEMBA THAT??
>Why is vader the literal center of the universe? Because he appeared on the most cereal boxes
>Why is the clone army made up of bobas? Because he sold alot of toys
>Memba the astroid belt chase scene from EsB??
>Hey look its r2d2
>Hey look its c3pO
>Hey look its tatooine
>Hey look its the robes Obi Wan wore in ANH
>Hey look its chewbacca
Prequel revisionists have to bend over backwards and come up with ass pulls to justify why the prequels are """hidden masterpieces"""", but at the end of the day Lucas cared more about shoving in as much shit as he could on screen that he could sell as toys rather than telling a story with characters that would connect with people. The only good thing to come out of the prequels are the memes, which are just making of the films, and a handful of video games from Lucasarts

Faggot lost it's edge as an insult years ago. It practically means bro now.

Get out here faggot soycuck

Tge prequels were and are 6/10 movies

But compared to 5/10 flicls like capeshit and nuWARS. The prequels are starting to look refreshing

>Well, when I said I was going to do the prequels, everybody said, "That's great, we get to see Darth Vader kill everybody." And I said, "That's not the story." When I announced that the first story was going to be about a nine-year-old boy, everybody here said, "That's insane, you're going to destroy the whole franchise, it's More American Graffiti all over again." And I said, "Yeah, but this is the story."

based George btfoing plinkett parroting monkeys. if he really wanted to do "memba that", prequels would be 3 movies of Vader murdering people.

Seems like "libs" is just code for "people with taste".

I don't see much similarity.
youtube.com/watch?v=m6u9B8lR9Hs
youtube.com/watch?v=K5MD9cwpyqY
youtube.com/watch?v=lrhNPS4nbmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3LXADMNoe_0&list=PLvLZflV9SL_ypLWyFWevPBN5FWV-qNc_0&index=11

>are we liking the prequels to trigger the libs?

are you saying that being retarded triggers people?

ITT retards defending their taste (not liking kino prequels) that made Lucas sell out to the mouse

only 3 niggers based

>Not liking franchise that gave us Isabella Moner

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

There are visual similarities, but I don't see much similarity at all in the acting, except to some extent in Land of the Pharaohs. For the most part these don't strike me as wooden in the way the prequels are. The acting here is sometimes mannered, but in a very different way from that in the prequels. Henry V is simply Shakespearian.
youtube.com/watch?v=LkeoiiGQGek
youtube.com/watch?v=a1E-nSNjzlY
youtube.com/watch?v=IJ1E7pQl9rY
youtube.com/watch?v=y_az3eNb0fI&list=PLnR6UcNwYNof_aAD1XdD2No3jcZaaM849
youtube.com/watch?v=pgTI9rWWkaU

that was the ot you cock smoking millennial

Lucas made a prequel trilogy mainly focused on two things: the fall of Anakin and the fall of the republic/the rise of Palpatine. He did a decent job with the second but he fucked up the first. Anakin goes from an innocent boy in TPM to basically, already mentally ill and troubled in AotC. What happened in between? Then Lucas rushes Anakin's development in RotS, having him go from questioning to fully on board with Palpatine in the span of a few minutes.

People that criticize Anakin’s turn weren’t paying attention.

What "turn" was there? Anakin is basically rotten to the core from the start.

I'm not suggesting that prequels were perfectly executed, just explaing what I think Georges intention was.
as for acting, well, lets be real, Portman and Christiansen aren't particularly the greatest talents of a generation and they were suddenly asked to act in a style that was dead before they were born. no wonder it came out slightly off from the intention.
and it's not only acting prequels took inspiration in, also frame compositions, sets, camera work and so on

If that's actually what happened, then Lucas made a terrible filmmaking decision. You can't ask a random average actor to do the following:
1) Try to act like you're going to become Vader from the OT
2) Try to imitate the acting style of movies from decades ago
3) Do it all in front of greenscreens
It would take an actor of superlative talent to pull that off.

Not even a bald assertion

In Attack of the Clones Anakin is haunted by dreams of his mom being tortured by sand people. The Jedi inhibit him from investigating whether these dreams are just dreams and after he essentially goes rogue to investigate what’s going on he discovers that his mom has been raped and tortured this whole time and he rightfully blames the Jedi and specifically Obi-Wan for “holding him back.” Then ROTS starts in similar fashion but these time he is determined not to let the events unfold in a similar way and his father figure Palpatine conveniently has a solution to his problems and let us not forget that this father figure has already had great influence on Anakin. In AOTC he tells Anakin that he will be the most powerful Jedi ever - something he later recites word for word during the confession scene and his politics are obviously influenced d by Palpatine. He’s eating out of his hand practically the whole time so him transitioning to his apprentice is entirely believable given all the evidence at hand.

I just like them.

>the wheel of contrarianism turns again

The prequels were good.

They are all excellent pieces of cinema. It seems to me the "problems" people have with them have to do with the "Star Wars" property universe, something of which I have no investment in.

>15% Black
it's almost like it's reflecting US demographics

See? The only critiques offered of the "prequels" have absolutely nothing to do with the art of cinema.

I agree. but then again, the OT also had plenty of schloky B movie feeling and it's own share of bad acting.
I am in no way suggesting that prequels are masterpieces, far from that, but thay are unironically quite enjoyable and endearing when you keep in mind what George was trying to accomplish with them.
at least in my opinion, I really enjoy rewatching them from time to time and appreciate for what they are. they were one of the last big budget movies that were a singular vision of one man, even if flawed.

N-no...! He's a hack who j-just wanted to sell t-toys...!!

In the bizarro dimension, maybe.

No, Sup Forums always loved the prequels

But Anakin finds out that Palpatine has been lying to him for literally his whole life. You'd think that a non-idiot would reconsider the whole thing after that.

>puts Jedi in a literal ivory tower
>obvious symbolism flies over anons head
>user replies nothing could fly over my head, my reflexes are to quick.

I could see an argument for ROTS being good and maybe if I was drunk and nostalgiac I’d accept an argument for TPM

anyone who thinks AOTC is good deserves to die

>ANAKIN: What have I done?
>PALPATINE: You are fulfilling your destiny, Anakin. Become my apprentice. Learn to use the dark side of the Force.
>ANAKIN: I will do whatever you ask.
>PALPATINE: Good.
>ANAKIN: Just help me save Padme's life. I can't live without her. I won't let her die. I want the power to stop death.
>PALPATINE: To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret.
So at this point, not only does Anakin know that Palpatine has lied to him ever since Anakin was a boy, but he also knows that Palpatine doesn't even have the power to cheat death, they'd have to "work together" to find it (if Palpatine isn't lying, which there's every reason to think he is).
A few minutes after this, Anakin murders dozens of children for Palpatine.
Hmm...

Sup Disney

>intentionally campy and goofy space operas
*slaughters children*

t. brainlet

No no no YOU WILL DIE.

Fucking based. Now compare this to nu-Wars

Oh yeah, and also, what's the point of even trying to find the way to cheat death, given that presumably Plagueis is the "only one" who has achieved it, and Plagueis didn't cheat death - he was killed by his apprentice. Is it just a way to cheat a natural death? So Anakin is going to work for a proven liar, who doesn't even have the power to cheat death, on the off chance that they can find this power to cheat death... which doesn't even prevent you from dying, it just maybe keeps you from dying of natural causes?
Wut

how do we go from that....to this?

Even if he's not sure it's literally his only choice. The only option he has to save Padme is to follow the whims of the mad sorcerer.

He's fucked himself over, but it's not like life hasn't always pretty much sucked for young Anakin. He's been fighting and killing his whole life, what's a few more younglings?