Archer Dreamland

Creative distraction or obtrusive waste of time?

It was funny and I liked the film noir aesthetics and themes. Good in my book.

Regular archer ran out of gas once they stopped being super spies. This is about as good a story as we're going to get.

Best season yet.

The whole season is honestly a waste of time story wise but a good way for them to take the characters in a new fun way.

So far its been great. I just wish Puvy keep the chinese women.

it's like they write the overarching story around the banter they have instead of vice versa

I haven't seen the last few episodes but I think it's okay. Mostly just shows how tired the interactions between the characters are getting. Frisky dingo might not be getting another season but I really want the animation company to do a new show. iirc they are signed for at least 2 more archer seasons so whatever.

I was kind of pissed about that non-ending, but then as I thought more about it... It started making sense.

The whole season has been a noir story which NEVER have happy endings. We saw Poovey all season imagining a future with all the Chinese wives and getting genuinely excited. To leave at the end and just Poovey's utter dejection... It was actually kind of brilliant.

Just angry that Archer didn't wake up from his coma though.

I held no belief or expectations about S8, other than being entertained for the run of the season.

In this way, Dreamland succeeded. It was funny, the animation is just getting better and better and the plot was probably the best structured out of any season in the entire series. Adapting every character into the setting went exceptionally well, imo.

Was I disappointed that it didn't directly or at least hint at how it'll tie into the next season and Archer's coma? A little bit, but I already read the interview that it wasn't in the cards for the season's end.

>inb4 "no one comes back from getting shot 7 times"

Overall, solid season. Plus I have a huge boner for noir stories, themes and aesthetics. It's a win (mostly) win.

>Just angry that Archer didn't wake up from his coma though.
They have two more seasons. 1 in a more disturbing fantasy as sterling continues to die and then the final season with him in hell

Wait so is it a season like Vice or just an episode / movie thing? Didn't even know it was out yet. Looks neat.

Only thing i thought sucked about Vice was it didn't really differentiate enough from the general Archer formula, this seems like it might have an easier time doing that, but then again that formula is the way it is because the characters are the same characters so maybe not.

Its a 10 episode season about Archers imagination. Its really good but dont expect anything from the other 7 seasons to be brought up.

Sounds like exactly what i wanted from Vice.

Man, I don't want that to be the way it ends. I want archer to snap out of it, and get a good scoundrel's ending with some stability.

Sterling, Truckasaurus and their little mulatto baby riding off into the sunset.

So ia there going to no lana next season witg archers talking about how she was dead across the multiverse

Oh it's a complete waste of time. As much as the running gags they do every season have ran out of stamina. They have to do them in a season devoid of everything that has happened in past seasons. And for once I was glad that they weren't going to pull their "1. explain this thing and b. explain the next thing" gag until they finally shat it out on episode 6. I would say that this would be the worst season, but they dragged out Frisky Dingo to the point where it was unbearable, so it was going to happen to Archer eventually.

Okay, let's just say that he was still alive from all those gunshots. Archer was in that pool, face down in that water for god knows how long. If the bullet wounds would not kill him. The long duration of him inhaling so much water would do the job, and drown him. He was fucking dead, and they gave everyone the middle finger for fucking with us for the entire year, only to middle finger us again with that opening funeral scene.

So if Dutch killed Woodhouse, then who the hell ransacked Archer's office and stole the file?

Eh, for me, it's been better than like the last 3 or so seasons.

The beginning was pretty slow but it got better over time.

Only watching it because I'm bored and have nothing else to do though.

I don't know man. Archer seemed pretty adamant that nobody comes back from being shot that much.

I liked it more than the last 2 seasons, but I'm also a sucker for film noir and private eye stories.

While I didn't laugh as much, I think I was more entertained. The jokes seemed to fit the story better rather than the story being forced for the jokes. I know that it's a comedy series, but I preferred the more story-oriented approach.

>Only thing i thought sucked about Vice was it didn't really differentiate enough from the general Archer formula
This definitely shook up the formula. The characters are still recognizable but act different enough to seem fresh. Vice was like a coat of paint, whereas Dreamland is a retooling.

It's 8 episodes.

Honestly, I loved it.
I wonder what's coming next season, also what the deal with "Poovey" is.

Yea, but they are only 8 episodes. It seems like a lot of the shows I watch are doing this. Dropping down to fewer than 10 episodes, taking like 18 months to air.

Vice seemed to go out of it's way to piss people off. Like didn't the first episode of vice have like a 10 minute preview of the rest of the season in clips?

Pretty terrible.

Poovey's is Pam's last name. Detectives often get called by their last name.

yes an archer in the 1920's not xxxx

I guessing mpther's henchman to try and get some of the money woodhouse owed her?

I felt bad for Poovey. They deserved better

Did they? did they really? they shot that poor transvestite 6 times

It's technically Archer's fault.Why even have a hair trigger when shit like that can happen

maybe don't grab the gun to inspect it's hair trigger after it already went off and hit the transvestite. or point it away from him

He did reload it