/who/ - Doctor Who General

Kino edition. Thoughts on this audio?

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

boingboing.net/2006/05/22/u-florida-cops-ask-f.html
twitter.com/philsandifer/status/638797750625243136
eruditorumpress.com/blog/pop-between-realities-home-in-time-for-tea-51-buffy-the-vampire-slayer/
encyclopediadramatica.rs/Phil_Sandifer
youtube.com/watch?v=6cN0pHrBuMk
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_write_a_Doctor_Who_story
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the SUPERIOR JUDY

would you?

Neo... I just found your comments on Sandifer's website. You should be ashamed.

go on then if you think you're hard enough

kino in the stream

>blocks her path

I have never commented on his website, under any account or name. If I want to talk about Sandifer, I just do it here or in stream.

>Won't accept consent from a UN Secretary General because he was afraid of Earth's destruction
>Would accept consent from some random chick who is afraid Doctor get blown up
Why can't they keep the theme straight?

Also, why do Daleks and all the other bother with any elaborate scheme when all they need is to inject some enzymes into a bacteria.

To be fair, that's pretty much what the Nestene did in Spearhead.

Holy shit this is just a word for word rip off of The Hungry Earth

Deep lore

boingboing.net/2006/05/22/u-florida-cops-ask-f.html

Deep lore

twitter.com/philsandifer/status/638797750625243136

From what I can tell, all of Catterson's stories are him just changing some names and minor plot points, so I'm not surprised

get in the stream neo

Can you please delete this picture? Thanks.

Is there anybody here who is familiar with most of Patrick Troughton's work, and most of Colin Baker's work?

Anything for you.

So can we all agree that this show was ahead of its time and without it nuwho wouldn't have happened?

Surprised by how normal his house look.
Not much pop culture shit, eh ?

needs fedora

eruditorumpress.com/blog/pop-between-realities-home-in-time-for-tea-51-buffy-the-vampire-slayer/
;)

yes, but it aged badly
buffy and angel are almost unwatchable today
when 2005 nuwho still kino

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Phil_Sandifer

He's ostensibly as much academic as fanboy, but I agree it's surprisingly restrained.
His wife is a nurse.

I don't know if I'd say ahead of its time so much as very influential. But yes, it was an invaluable influence to RTD Who, there'd be no recognisable RTD Who without it.

youtube.com/watch?v=6cN0pHrBuMk

How true is this?

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_write_a_Doctor_Who_story

Without it, I suspect a lot of common genre shows couldn't have happenned.

>posting our wiki to our general as if we havent all read it already

????

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2.5
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the third /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction, because following the success of Shit Trips 1 and 2, /who/ has started another anthology of wondrous tales. God help us.

This time, the rules will be a tad different, as in we actually have rules now. The stories must be about:

> alternate Doctors (original Doctors, fanmade Doctors, Unbound Doctors, Doctors of wild divergence from canon)

> spinoff characters from audios, books, comics, etc (Torchwood, Erimem, Faction Paradox, Vienna, Sarah Jane Adventures, Iris Wildthyme, etc)

>companion focused stories (stories with the companion facing a threat, or dealing with life, WITHOUT the Doctor)

Besides that, no limits (and your story can be in more than one category above).

>Can still be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".

>the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck

Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.

Rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin or google drive works well.) And remember to mention, preferably in your work post, what you want your author moniker to be, which doesn't have to be your real name. Also, if you write in Shit Trips 2.5, Doctor Who will crash her TARDIS into you house, and sing you a Yorkshire lullaby.

Remember, it doesn’t matter if it’s shit, just have fun! Deadline is April 2nd

Let's be real, most /who/ users have only read a handful of wiki pages if any.

INB4 IMMIGRANT ASKS NEO IF HE CAN DO THE FRAMING STORY AND NEO REPLIES HE WANTS TO HEAR WHAT /WHO/ THINKS

My question was "How true is this?" not "Has anyone read this article yet?"

>Sandifer reviewed Torchwood and SJA but not Class

JUST?

He'll review it when you give him enough money.

In my original question, I explicitly also mentioned I wanted to know what /who/ thought.

Anyways:

A framing story is the "narrative" that's used to explain how these stories are being narrated. For Shit Trips 2, the framing narrative was "strays from the Time War tell stories to each other to pass the time." Shit Trips 1 had the framing narrative of "A former denizen of the Gallifrey and a young girl tell stories to the War Doctor to convince him not to use the Moment" (ST 2's framing story somewhat retconned ST1's).

There's been a few ideas for Shit Trips's 2.5 framing story,:

1) Torchwood finds a secret stash of VHSes, all recording events from alternate universes. More of a creepy, X-files feel.

2) The Master is put on trial by the Daleks, and, in an attempt to convince the Daleks that he can help them kill the Doctor, tells various alternate stories about the Doctor. Campy feel.

3) The Doctor from the ending of my last framing story, goes out into the Time War, and since she can't kill, creates anti-Dalek propaganda about the exploits of the Doctor.

4) The companions of the Doctor go to a bar, creating drinking stories.

5) No framing story.

Which one, /who/? Any other ideas?

He'll review anything for the right price

What's the opposite of a framing story

I'm...not sure?

Options 1 and 5 are great.

Either a regular entry or a lack of one.

something that goes after making sure all stories are not linked at all

You were not the only Time Lord left in the universe, you had encountered The Doctor during his 10th regeneration but you both didn't get on well, since you knew he was the one responsible for killing your planet but after a certain travel he admitted why he did it and cried after, you wanted to hate him, you wanted to pretend to die so he could feel your pain, but when he showed you his mind the song he played made your hearts fit to burst, you couldn't hate him after that so you played your own song for him, the song of a lonely person finally finding one of their own kind and the two of you have been best friends since.

JODIEKINO

You stayed with him during all of his companions, you helped him during the ones he lost and stayed during his 11th and 12th regenerations, never once leaving his side unless absolutely necessary, although if you were mentally honest with yourself (which you always are) you realised something, Timelords only cared about their status and the laws of the universe, they saw only what they wanted to see, you didn't see that with The Doctor, you saw a lonely man running from his guilt and hid his pain by saving others, and you had fallen in love with that man, not 'The Doctor from the planet Gallifrey or 'the man of many faces', but the man for who he really was, the man inside his two beating and emotionally suffering hearts, 'the man with two hearts' and you would do anything for him.

Uh what? He reviewed every episode of Class didn't he?

I suppose the opposite of a framing story would be an enclosed story

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Clara had wanted to meet Robin Hood but you and The Doctor mentally scoffed because you both knew that he never existed, of course that all backfired when you saw said man in the flesh and blood, during that time you enjoyed talking to him and getting to know him more, but you never saw the other Time Lord looking at you with his hands in tight fists and his jaw locked as if he was ready to pounce.

The more we see of the costume the more of a visceral negative reaction I have to it. Those fucking yellow braces...

COMING IN SHIT TRIPS 2.5...

Here's an idea for free: 12 played as "John Smith" with the Common Men for a brief time in 1963. 1 was not a fan.

Should I know who that is?

He couldn't be jealous could he? No way he had locked his emotions away long before this regeneration, even I had a hard time sometimes to see the emotions.

Anyway we managed to save the world, like usual, however one of the merry men had snuck up behind me and kissed me on the lips as a way of celebrating, when he realised me I walked slightly dazed back into the TARDIS, a few minutes later Clara and The Doctor came in, but for a moment you could have sworn The Doctor was storming his way to the console, since you had sensitive ears only you could hear his hard breathing, like he was trying to tell himself something and not do anything rash.

Are you making a sex fanifc?

"We're leaving him a present aren't we?" I missed the conversation Clara was having because I was deep in my thoughts at the time.

The Doctor didn't say anything, he just pressed a lever, followed by the whoosh sound and we were in the Time Vortex. Then he sent Clara back home so she could talk to her 'soldier boyfriend', it was just us now and I swear that my hearts were trying to jump out of my chest and throat.

"You seemed to have enjoyed yourself with that man" he said at last as he leaned against the console "want me to send you back?"

Was that jealousy you could hear in his voice? "no thanks, I'm happy where I am right now" you smiled at him.

"Good because I wouldn't have sent you there anyway"

My hand twitched, his voice just got deeper and his accent was more easier to pick up than before.

"Do you remember when I let you into my mind?" the accent was lighter, he continued after I nodded "if it's okay with you I would like to try it again?"

It sounded more of a question, although it wouldn't be the second time we connected with our minds, we only did it when The Doctor was on the verge of a melt down, mental communications was one of the few things that helped him keep going.

He approached me as if I was prey but there was a hint of shyness in his eyes, he placed his fingertips on my forehead, closed his eyes and began to concentrate, I could feel his mental presence in my mind and I didn't hesitate to let my walls down, I was not however prepared for the amount of emotions he was showing, there was too much for me to understand at once, he seemed to have sensed it as well because he slowed them down and I was able to understand each of them, happiness, joy, love, lust and possession.

He pulled out of my mind and looked at me with his hands still placed on me head, he whispered "do you see now?"

I placed my hands on his head "do you trust me?"

"Yes" he said without hesitation.

I felt his mental walls fall down as I showed him how I felt, how I've always felt and how I really saw him for the man he was, once I left his mind I was shocked to see a few tears escape his eyes, his eyes looked kind and happy before they changed into something more predatory, he calmly moved me till I was backed up against the console before plunging his mouth against mine, he grabbed my arms in a firm grip before moving them up and holding my face, we kissed for who knows how long before we came up for air.

oh hai dalek

"Your mine" he panted in an aggressive manner "you have a chance to back out but once this happens I will not be able to hold back"

Okay this was a little too fast for me, but the truth was if he was talking about what I think it was, then this would be my first time, ever, yeah I'm 1,000 years old and I'm a virgin, talk about embarrassing considering all of our people would have been already married, but the fact was I was never interested in anyone at the time, until now.

"Please be gentle"

He looked at me and it didn't take long for him to understand the meaning, the smirk he made was dark mixed with lust and love (was that even possible?), before I knew what was happening he picked me up and ran into the corridor, few doors down he opened one and flung me onto the bed, I didn't have a chance to look around before he was all over me and proceeding to kiss the ever living daylights out of me, he kissed all over my face, my jaw and neck leaving marks behind and I swear he nearly bit hard once.

I stroked his arms before gently pushing him back, he complied until we were both sitting up and looking at each other, I nervously took off his jacket while he began unbuttoning his trousers but kept them up, it seemed that he was trying to hold himself back because of what I said, I liked that. We took turns striping each other until we were just in our underwear, he looked nervous for some reason.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Are you okay with this? I mean with how I am right now?" he asked in a nervous voice "I mean I look like an old man"

I placed a finger to his mouth "if I didn't want this wouldn't I have said something by now? I don't care about your appearance Doctor, I never have" I looked at his body for a moment "although I will admit you look way better than your past selves" I rubbed my hands against his chest "so lovely, beautiful and perfect" I wrapped my arms around his neck and whispered "connect not just with our bodies but our mind and soul"

We've told you about 10 times to stop posting this shit here.

> wattpad.com/240899141-doctor-who-one-shots-lemon-included-12th-doctor

Why are you posting this fanfic?

t. rtdpleb

He moved so he could look at me and I saw pure shock written on his face and I couldn't blame him, while we didn't believe in souls we did believe in the soul of the mind, if two Timelords connected like that they would be bonded for life depending on how much essence they used during the act and I wanted all of it. However they had forbidden it because it would mean marriage for life, if one died they would simply marry them to someone else.

"Are you absolutely positive?" he was begging again and I don't blame him, if one were to loose their bonded/marriage mate the other would lose the will to live.

"I've wanted it for a long time, but I will not do it if you don't want to, I am happy with what I already have" and it was true.

I gasped as I felt his clothed erection press against me, I didn't hesitate to spread my legs, then he began to remove the last pieces of clothing before showering me with more kisses whispering 'I love you' and 'beautiful' before I could even cover myself for being naked with someone for the first time.

He prepared me before placing one hand against my temple with mine against his, then he entered not just physically but mental as well, words could not begin to describe how I felt at that moment, I guess this is what humans meant when they felt like they were on cloud nine, I could feel his energy and mind wrap around us like a blanket on a cold night, I wrapped
my legs around him, it wasn't enough, I desperately wanted more.

I'm literally the opposite of an RTDpleb. I just know a JNT-tier outfit design when I see one.

>His wife is a nurse.
I know, but she must be a bit fanboyish if she married him.

how do you go from thi

>JNT-tier outfit design
What's wrong with that?

to this

I could feel my inside burn up and ready to burst, I tried to hold back because I wanted this to last.

Come for me my love I heard him mental voice say and that was all it took to reach my climax, we shouted in mind and out loud each others names before he gently pulled out of both senses, wrapped himself around me before falling asleep.

As we lay there that moment we knew we would be okay, because we had each other, our partner, our soulmate, our spouse.

Tois

This rainbow strip looks so wrong. I don't know if it's proportions or the fact that it looks like painted-on bra or something in between. But that's just awful.

not as bad as the question mark shit and 6's coat but still Tom's worst outfit tbqh

Pretty informative

I don't even have a problem with people writing it then posting links since that's what people do with Shit Trips stories, but constantly posting stories post-by-post like this is unfair to ST writers who always post their stories as simple pastebin links.

This isn't someone's submission to ST--this is someone trolling with someone else's stories. It's not even the good sort of sexy 12 fic, either.

Sandifer came to public attention in May 2006 when, on or around May 12, an unknown complainant e-mailed the president of the University of Florida to object to a fictional story Sandifer had written and posted to his LiveJournal, Pulp Decameron, in December 2004. The short story, "I am Ready to Serve my Country," was written from the point of view of a stalker and killer who was applying to join the military, [2] and was part of an online writing project to create 100 very short works of fiction covering different genres. [3] As a result of the complaint, Sandifer was interviewed by campus police who, according to Sandifer, inquired about his fingerprints and indicated they might search through his garbage to obtain a DNA sample. [3] After interviewing Sandifer twice and completing some background checks, the police confirmed they had no reason to believe his story was anything other than fiction. [3]

The complaint to the university followed the posting of Sandifer's story on May 9, 2006 to a message board devoted to criticism of Wikipedia and its administrators, including Sandifer, who has been an administrator at the online encyclopedia since July 2004. On May 10, one of the posters to the message board wrote of Sandifer: "If I know anything about how grad school works, it wouldn't take much to put him in a position where he either decides to leave Wikipedia or decides that he doesn't need a Ph.D. after all." [4] Sandifer believes the complaint was made by someone he had banned from editing the encyclopedia. [5]

You and the Victorian dressed, romantic of a Tripfag were walking along the streets of Victorian Era, England. The two of you decided to take a vacation and travel to a random place.

The dirty blonde haired Neo looked to you "So, where would you like to go McGanon? Choose any place you want in the universe!"

You brought your finger to your lips, thinking about where in the world you could go. "Oh, how about Victorian Era, England? It doesn't matter what time."

Neo smiled, excitedly "Ah, excellent choice McGanon!" He pulled the levers and pushed buttons on the TARDIS console as the TARDIS began to wheeze and take off.

I would like every single person who tries to 'liven up' /who/ by dumping contextless paragraphs of random web pages to take a long run off a short cliff.

You went into the TARDIS closet to get yourself dressed for the occassion. Neo on the other hand was usually dressed in Victorian clothes, so he didn't have to worry about it.

Moments later, you came out of the dressing room and back to the console room where Neo was waiting. "So, what do you think?" You asked, awaiting his answer.

He turned around and paused, his eyes full of love and a warm smile on his face. You looked absolutely perfect and astonishing to him as always, to the point where you took his breath away. He nodded, trying to regain his composure "Phenomenal as always McGanon."

Your cheeks became red as you shyly said "Thank you Neo." You really adore this man, this impossible, marvoleous man!

He grabbed your hand and smiled to you, excited "Are you ready McGanon?"

"Yes, lead the way Neo!" You replied back to the Tripfag happily. You both exited the TARDIS and began walking along the streets of Victorian Era England. Carriages pulled by horses road along the cobblestone streets and men and woman in Victorian attire walked along the sidewalks.

How about you post literally anything else

Doctor Who erotica is honestly the least arousing literature I've ever read.

I have honestly never, in my 8 years of being a fan, been able to find anything to do with Doctor Who even remotely arousing. The mere notion of Doctor Who is an instant bonerkiller for me.

Yeah, I don't understand why it isn't better desu. You'd think there would be a massive scope for visits to weird fetish planets, but it's mostly very tame

You observed the surroundings, taking it all in. It was not everyday someone could travel back in time to the Victorian Era...well unless they were someone with a Time Machine like Neo.

Neo looked down at you to see you happily smiling at the surroundings. There was something he wanted to tell you, but he decided to wait when the mood was right.

As you both continued walking, you passed by a newspaper boy yelling the news of the day. You stopped as Neo picked up the newspaper reading it. "Jack the Soyboy strikes again!"

Your eyes became wide at this. "Wait! You don't actually mean...A Soyboy? The one who supports all those prostitutes?"

Because Doctor Who is a girl show.

The show is just so quintessentially non-sexual (unless it's the RTD era) that it doesn't even make much sense anyway. Sure, you can think characters/companions are hot, but not once has the thought of Peter Capaldi railing Jenna Coleman even crossed my mind as something I'd ever want to imagine. He's just too pure.

Neo nodded "You are in the Victorian Era after all McGanon."

You begin to laugh "Haha...yeah." The Victorian dressed Chad pulled you close to him, giving you a warm smile of reassurance. "Don't worry McGanon, I'll protect you."

Your face became a bright red as you noded "O-okay." He really knew how to make your heart beat fast and how to use his words.

You both continued walking as you held the Neo's hand again. His hand was so warm and soft, you didn't want to let go at all. Suddenly you were broken from your thoughts as the Tripfag looked to you with a smile. "What is it Neo? Sorry, I was just thinking about something."

Neo explained"McGanon..." He smiled happily "I've had the desire for the excitement of being close to someone, the need to exchange ideas on a more personal level, to be able to tell someone what I really believe. I've been looking around for someone who could make me feel like that and I haven't found it."

Well, there is that one fic where Nine and Rose get raped by trees on that tree rape planet.

Well there's a point where this fic had to stop and we have clearly passed it but let's keep going and see what happens.

It's one thing knowing that the Doctor's probably had a lot of sex in their lifetime, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would even find the thought of it arousing.

You looked down, sadened by the news "Oh..."

He continued "That is...until I met you." Then out of nowhere, he suddenly took you into a passionate, gentle, kiss that sent autism to your brain. You two broke away from the kiss, looking into each others eyes.

"Wow..." You said, surprised by the sudden kiss and confession. That was when the sky decided to pour down and let it rain. The rain came down real heavy as the two of you became soaking wet. You began to giggle at Neo, he looked adorable standing right there in the soaking rain.

It was your turn to kiss the Tripfag back as he accepted it. People passing by looked at the open affection with surprise, as couples weren't allowed to show such open affection in public. The both of you didn't care though, as you continued kissing in the rain.

THE END

Someone tell him about the Paul McGann porn book

This is the same reason why I hate most DW rule 34. Usually it's cringey as fuck, but the presence of the Doctor himself absolutely makes it deeply unpleasant to look at. Especially when you consider that the artists probably put a lot of time into drawing the Capaldick.

It's like when they zoom into the dude's face in porn. It ain't right.

>(unless it's the RTD era
Or Moffat era.

You've probably only really seen the really bad fanfics.

There is good stuff out there, but:

A) A lot of it was filled with "Ten in love with X", or "Simms Master in love with X". The fact that so many people have made so many fics of that means, in effect, there actually is a lot of really good stuff amoungst the crap, but unless you've looked into the Who fic community, you'd never notice.

B)Who's status as "family entertainment", and the Doctor's sort-of asexuality overall, makes adding sex to him really weird.

>so quintessentially non-sexual (unless it's the RTD era)

That being said, looking in the Wilderness Era's alt.drwhofanfic will show proof of Who sex fics even back then--there was one sex anthology with stories of all the contemporary incarnations famous at the time for a drawing of "McGann with his knob out"--and Kate Orman was essentially a hurt/comfort fanfic writer with an Eight fetish.

On the other hand, I find it very probable that Clara and Twelve indulged in femdom. (However, I find the idea of 12 as sexual iniator weird. As if Twelve's too asexual to ever initiate sex, but would accept it if Clara started it.)

Is this related to having grown up with Who? I suspect that this aversion to seeing the Doctor as a sex object relates to my "Doctor as flawless hero vs Doctor as flawed person" theory of how fans relate to the Doctor.

What about now the Doctor's the woman?