Knight of Cups is my favorite movie

Knight of Cups is my favorite movie

I'd give her a knight of cup of my semen if you know what I mean

Go read some Heidegger you degenerate

This is the only Malick I haven't seen. What am I missing out on? Does it stack up against his greatest works (Red Line, New World)?

That's a really boring choice as your favorite movie, even though the movie was good.

It's the greatest movie of all time.

I like the parts where Cate Blanchett is barefoot.

Freida was best waifu

this movie is too short. the many parts with bale's different girlfriends/wives are entertaining but repetitive. the vague buddist tier spirituality doesn't really go anywhere at the end

But it was a Catholic priest that made him understand his problems

he smoked too much weed then

it's a masterpiece until after the party at Bandera's villa (so about halfway), then the film collapses.

If I do will I get to cummy on Natty tummy?

to clarify overrall i liked the movie and i'd rate it 7/10 but i feel it had a lot more potential, the trailer was amazing

Okay.

אמא

You have some good taste mate.

Thanks!

I started watching this because of this thread so thanks. its amazing. Found it on a pirate streaming site.

Not the same film, dumdum

Blame Malick for making the same movie four times in a row.

beb

its boring in pretentious, in my opinion, and i'm actually graduated as a philosophy majorfag so i'm supposed to like these artsy-existential-films, but i thought knight of cups was absolute shit-tier. the entire story is basically...HUURR DURR i'm handsome and wealthy and successful but i'm still unhappy because my life is empty and perhaps it's because i'm nutting in various sluts having meaningless sex when i should be establishing a family and legacy with a sane and submissive woman (which he does at the very end).

definitely better than any mainstream capeshit or hero vs. villain story though, that's for sure. so maybe that's why some of you like it. to each their own.

i dont care, it feels like a drug

Is this a meme? I marathoned this one night after seeing a thread about it and it was boring as fuck. Literally 2 hours of rich white people being emo against the background of le epic music. Malick is a hack.

>t. soyboy

A-cups, maybe.

Have you made a sperm sacrifice to the Queen of Sup Forums today?

>and i'm actually graduated as a philosophy majorfag
pfffffttthahahahahahahaha

Neta-Lee is not for lewd

Each of those films deal with a different concept

ah-bloo-bloo

I had no idea what was happening but the scene with Bale's father made me cry.
I wonder if the actors had any clue what the fuck was going on?

>Neta-Lee
Don't call her that

jews are my favorite jews

>The reclusive filmmaker's experimental techniques were in full force while filming his latest project, now titled Knight of Cups. Actor Christian Bale weighed in on the unusual methods of filming that the critically acclaimed director employed.

>"Start of the day, I'd sometimes be given just two pages of dialogue. I call it dialogue now, but it had barely any lines for me. It was just filled with all these philosophical excerpts - Heidegger, Kierkegaard - all that good stuff. And then there'd be notes in Terry's handwriting - "Feel the Joy", Joy with a capital J, and "Cosmic rapture in the moment!". And then when I'd be in the middle of a 10 minute take, improvising all of my lines, I'd look up and see Terry shooting the squirrels. And they'd scurry all over his feet, into his hands, up his legs, all over him. Once a couple of sparrows landed on his hat and I said to him, "Terry, there are birds on your head!" and he replied, "I know, isn't it just a wonderful day?""

Is Malick the Tom Bombadil of our universe?

>Mythologizing a flawed man's personal development towards a better life in poetic style is shit.

me too.

I can't believe this actually happened.

But god do I wish it did. Malick is fucking so /comfy/ and so good.

> i'm actually graduated as a philosophy majorfag so
...so you have done nothing with your life. Knight of Cups is film for MEN who have LIVED. If you can't relate to it then you can't relate to living.

Old Terence Malick is a merry nigger;
Bright blue his jacket is, and he quotes Heidegger

I know this is a longshot, but does anybody have a picture of that not well known director (maybe foreign, I.E. not American. Looked like a Spaniard) who is on set and dressed EXACTLY like this, right down to the makw and model of headphones.

That's the one, thanks

hah, how exactly is the main character a MAN who has LIVED? he's a faggot writer who found success in hollywood, has problems with his dad and loser brother, and wanders LA banging various women.

he hasn't struggled the way a real man has, and of course you wouldn't know because you've never struggled either. have you ever lived in the woods? have you ever built a house with your own two hands? have you ever started your business? the main character does none of that, and that's why he feels so empty, because he cannot get meaning from hollywood hedonism. he cannot even get meaning from his creative writing since he's sucked into the corporate hollywood scene.

you are too fucking dumb to even understand this movie let alone LIFE itself you fucking weakfaggot.

Look, what I said obviously hit a nerve because all you can respond with is some vague, college-boy trope of "manliness" about the woods and building a house that I'm sure you have never done. I don't need to explain myself to you because you don't know me from Adam, son. You just need to understand that your philosophical studies haven't done anything to build your character, which is why you don't relate to the film in question. Because you lack character.

You sound like you have a DEGREE in YOUTUBE Comments Ha Ha

This is from Song To Song.

based

It's from Untitled Terrance Malick Project, dumdum

Malick is a hack

So many of the scenes are general enough to be related to your own life, and still poignant in the context of the movie. That scene was one of them.
Bale is a perfect self-insert. At some point I questioned how he could get by while barely talking. I realized it perfectly capture the feeling of an introverted depressive riding the wave, moved by a force greater than himself and unwilling to fight it. I can see myself relating more and more to this movie the more I age and gain experience.

I saw someone comparing this to the Pilgrim's Progress. I thought that was interesting.

>I thought that was interesting.
Malick has a narrator literally quote Pilgrim's Progress in the beginning, dumdum

>casts cate blanchett and natalie portman in two back-to-back movies with the same dreamy editing and storytelling method
do you think malick has captured the aesthetic he was striving for with these movies?

why do people in knight of cups and song to song like to jump in water fully clothed? it feels like shit having heavy clothes cling to you. then they take forever to dry, and you have to wash them. and if the water is salty they get all crusty. what the fuck
is it meant to be an expression of "live in the moment, damn the consequences, follow your feelings, don't let anything hold you back"?

you're not missing out on anything. It's meandering pretentious crap.

It's because it looks cool as heck

>autism

Would you date a married Hershlag?

I'd rape a pregnant Hershlag

She was so pure. I didn't want to see her sad.

>was having an affair
>got an abortion

>pure

the fuck is wrong with you

?