ITT: Characters that just disappeared with no in-universe explanation

ITT: Characters that just disappeared with no in-universe explanation

Other urls found in this thread:

garfield.com/games/scary-scavenger-hunt
garfield.com/games/scary-scavenger-hunt-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He returned from whence he came. After all, he's not in the book y'know

Kip and Biederman from The Wild Thornberrys never appeared again after season 2.

The fat guy and the brown nerd in Star Vs

Sparky from Fairy odd parents

Best answer.

I know she was just a plot device and it would be somewhat strange to have Aelita's doppelganger walking around but...
Taelia just vanished. Her existense never acknowledged again.

He was a pointless character anyway

Because for some reasons, since Piglet's movie, Pooh movies stopped to respect the canon they had between the movies and the tv shows, the last canonical movie was the Tigger Movie, but it create some problem because it's referenced on the Piglet movie. (who pretends Winnie already knew Tigger before meeting Kanga & Roo)

also making the Heffalump being gentle was stupid.

He didn't disappear. He died in one of his burrows offscreen and unacknowledged. He WAS old, after all.

The Garfield Show did have one special that explained where he went.

the story behind those guys is they never wanted them to be characters in the first place, but Disney made them add them to "appeal to a broader audience". They disappeared because the writers didn't know what to do with them and just gave up. Bad news is apparently Disney got them to come back, they'll be back in S3 from what I heard. There are actually a ton of things like this that happen all the time, so it could explain a lot of missing characters.

Clearly a wolf got him and nobody wanted to be THAT GUY and mention it and bring down the mood.

The artists son from Phineas and Ferb. I think his name was Django?

What happened?

They've had a lot more than that. Trixie, Tootie, Chester, AJ, Elmer, and Sanjay were all last seen in 2011.
Veronica, Tad and Chad, and Francis disappeared even earlier.

Not him, but some shit about tracking down a Sasquatch in a jungle or something i think.

Why was making the heffalump gentle a stupid move?

also the asian popular girl.
The writers completely forgot she exists.
Not that im complaining though, she was a shit character.

Did he really flat out disappear? I know when he was introduced he was immediately relegated to a supporting character (as he should have been) but does he at least live in Timmy's room still?

Because they are supposed to be villains, it was more cool.

Maybe but then again, in the original, the cast never actually meet a heffalump and only based them on rumors and wild imaginations. Plus, I think the moral of the movie was not to judge a person on rumors and hearsay.

Brittany is love

Don't look in Jon's basement.

Did they seriously write off Chester and AJ?

His VA had a sex change. I'm dead fucking serious.

Probably skeletons in Viki's basement.

Half of the cast of Medabots kinda just vanish without an explanation.

Stacy disappeared from Phineas and Ferb after Night of the Living Pharmacists.

Fuck I remember that haunted house game where Garfield had to gather some pastries and Lyman was locked in a basement and it was all fuckin creepy as hell

hmm i dont remember that episode

This, it's like the motherfucker doesn't even Pooh

in the Japanese original that was a separate series, they just conjoined it with the original for the US version

It's "cooler", not "more cool".

And Pooh and co. met friendly Heffalumps in the New Adventures, in the camping episode, in addition to a villainous Heffalump & Woozle pair in the second Kessie episode.

Don't be racist against Heffalumps, man.

what

fuck this series is so fucking old.
none of the iconic elements i grew up with are even iconic anymore, its almost like pokemon.

He had to go, his planet needed him.
Note: Sparky died on the way back to his planet.

>in the Japanese original that was a separate series
It was still a direct sequel

Best example. Was meant to be the overall mystery behind season 2 but disappeared without a trace halfway through

pokemon never has a story, because they want the focus to be on the pokemon. It's why ash is a boring generic protagonist who dumps all his friends and pokemon every so often with the exception of pikachu. Though this is the one thing they could have used to give it something intresting but they dropped it. Then again it's not like it would be anything that amazing, probably just some legendary pokemon or something.

Kid me never figured out GS stood for Gold/Silver.

>In an interview with Masamitsu Hidaka in 2008, it was explained that the GS Ball was originally going to contain a Celebi that was to be the star of a large arc of the Johto saga. However, it was decided that Celebi would be the star of the fourth movie, so the story arc was viewed as redundant and shelved. The ball was left with Kurt with the hopes that viewers would eventually forget about it.
Turns out they actually had plans.

I had no idea there were more than two seasons of this show

Who?

it was the second most viewed show on Nick at the time, with Rugrats being the first. Weird that it isn't remembered as well as so many other Nicktoons

>pfft, this user isn't fooling anyb-
>it's real

who?

And for a second I thought they wrote him out because they realized they fucked up and he was unlikable and so they retooled the series. Not that BEING ANIMATED IN FLASH and adding a quirky side girl helped.

A character that only existed as a plot device to fool the cast into thinking Aelita had materialized with amnesia, especially seeing as how her name was an anagram of Aelita's name.
It wasn't Aelita and she never showed up again.

>Chester
>AJ
>TRIXIE?!
YOU LOST THE STAYING POWER

I feel like this thread deserves a lot more attention than it's getting.

nigga whatttttttt

wot

Trixie was the obligatory love interest, Chester and AJ were his damn FRIENDS. What is happening with that show? I mean... who does he hang with now? Who does he love?

Other than Tootie, Chester, AJ, most of those characters were either dead weight or had plots that went nowhere. Do we really need to see Timmy fail to impress Trixie or get into those Chad's clique for the billionth time? Elmer and Sanjay were one-note joke characters.

If anything, I never understood why Anti-Cosmo disappeared while his son become a major villain, the only interaction they even had was in the movie where his son was born.

>They wrote off half the fucking cast.
What the hell is a modern episode meant to even be about then? Because I have doubts that they dwell at all on that one really fucked up revelation.

So the main secondary cast has been missing almost half the show's run?

>not counting the live action

Is girl Timmy still on the show?

That poster is full of shit. Chester and AJ appeared in season 9 (the second to last season) and Tootie and Trixie were around in season 8. Only season 10 recently has abandoned most of those characters, and even then I'm being generous and not including cameo appearances which all of them have had.

Aren't the fairies directly interacting with his parents now?

What the fuck is going on with that?
No explanation or nothing just jumping in right in there.

Prove your claims or clam up

I know this one.
It was actually written out of the show because American's weren't going to be able to legit get a celebi. Of course that doesn't explain why they never say anything about it in the show again, but that's the real world reason for it never popping up.

Wtf? Tootie is right there and she hasn't been seen or heard from in ages! Those writers are hacks

did waxelplax's tits get bigger?

>timmys dad not going after dinkleberg

>one season
>"ages"

One of these
garfield.com/games/scary-scavenger-hunt
garfield.com/games/scary-scavenger-hunt-2

Also happened to Britney
Won't happen to Jackie though, despite how much everyone wants that to happen

Man, I haven't seen the show in years, how on earth does the show keep going without Timmy's best friends and his love interest? What is it even about now?

>Trixie was the obligatory love interest
Plot device more like. Timmy would make a wish to impress her that fucked over his friends or fairies and in the end she's rejecting him for some trite reason anyway.
Not sure why anyone would miss her unless they're a waifufag.
Chester and Aj were just comic relief and not interesting in the least. If Clyde and that ginger kid disappeared from Loud House it would be equally as unimpactful.

Stupid decisions, typically.

Kek

>the choppy audio quality
>having to release a command before making a new one
>whenever garfield's symbol collides with anything, he just wiggles back and fourth with the walk animation going
good god, it's like newgrounds in 1999

Not every show can be venture. Bros and make every minor character interesting anom

Am I the only one that thought that maybe it would have made things sligghhhhhtly more interesting?

>Trixie, Tootie, Chester, AJ, Elmer, and Sanjay were all last seen in 2011
holy shit are you fucking serious

jesus

That's not really fair. It's not like he's been dropped within one continuity. If he was in a show he was in the show, or not in a show he wasn't. Some shows also don't have Fred and Velma, or Daphne either, though one show did have her but still no Fred or Velma.

read the thread damn it

This show cut off half of the cast for literally 8 seasons.

I distinctly remember them doing some travel promotion thing with airlines back around 2000-2001. Honestly it's kind of amazing how it and Rocket Power basically phased out of existence after the fact.

I wouldn't be surprised if they repurposed the general ash-travels-with-celebi-idea into that ash-travels-with-Larvitar-arc they later did

Does the dark Ocean from Digimon count?

Bridget isn't in the DTV American Tail sequels. The out-of-universe reason is her VA died.

Mee Mee, Lee Lee and Action Hank disappeared from Dexter's Lab during the second season.

Peedee

Dexter had friends once, too. The tall guy and the other guys he plays D&D with.

This is one case of one the kids' love interests suddenly disappearing with no explanation that can't be explained by them being voiced by an expensive celebrity, because Tress MacNielle is a semi-regular on the show.

>The tall guy
he actually returns during the Savino seasons a couple times

they really should have gone with the original plan which was to have Milhouse be the love interest instead of a random OC

she did have some character development in that episode where timmy becomes a girl. and she pretends to be a boy.

Pops disappeared from Johnny Bravo after Van Partible came back, but he kept Carl.

well, there was a good reason they dropped him.