Am I the only one who's surprised that Rob Liefeld's Image comics have spawned so many good reboots and relaunches...

Am I the only one who's surprised that Rob Liefeld's Image comics have spawned so many good reboots and relaunches? We've had some amazing stuff over the last 20 years, from Alan Moore's Supreme/Judgment Day/Youngblood to Joe Casey's excellent Youngblood to stuff like gGraham's Prophet and Keatinge's Glory. It seems Liefeld, for all his faults as an artist and a businessman generates genuine love and interest from other comics professionals. I think it's really cool. There's a lot of comics characters who really only come into their own in the hands of a different creator, and seeing divergent takes on characters is cool, There's something fairly charming about the 90s Image stuff somehow, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking.

So anyway, Youngblood/90s Image thread. Let's talk about the most EXTREME team in comics.

Liefeld is the most important comic creator since Kirby

Alan Moore seemed to think so

Also new relaunch currently happening.

Supreme was pretty boss.

Rob clearly has a good eye for talent, and he's very willing to allow that talent to experiment with his characters.

Lol Supergirl yassss slay queen carol, pizzadog shaft, male riri, Mockingbird vouge , and doc squirrel.

"All new" lol. Cute.

>It seems Liefeld, for all his faults as an artist and a businessman generates genuine love and interest from other comics professionals.
He himself loves comics, like if you ever watch an interview with him there are few people who match his enthusiasm. You can see in his work that he is somebody who comprehends and loves how fun and crazy comics can be.

I was never a big fan of his main Youngblood title but Team Youngblood won me over. Bloodstrike was also awesome. I like the Extreme universe, even in the early days. Most of the stories were ridiculous and most of the artists were raw talent who were even worse at drawing than Rob, but they were so fun to read and still are.

Who is the best Extreme villain, and why is it Crypt?

Liefeld's a hack, a total hack. the creators that chose to work with him were totally aware of this, that's why they wanted to work with him.

They knew youngblood was an avengers ripoff and supreme was a superman ripoff. he gave them the creative power do to whatever they liked with those characters, knowing full well they couldn't get away with those things in the "real" books. and he got decent sales because of their names being attached.

alan moore's supreme is hands down the ultimate superman story, even better than all-star, some shit 90s art at times though.

Vogue looks jacked

Best Extreme event?

Or was it this one?

So does Suprema

First issue was good. Nice modernization for what a "Young blood" would be in 2017. President Diehard was a fun surprise.

Did he ever appear again?

Sentinel and Shaft look boring AF

Shaft is actually just wearing his classic costume but with a beard in the comic. Unless this is a costume he'll be getting down the line.

None of the writers after Moore left had any idea what to do with Suprema, but they kept using her. Millar was the worst, but Liefeld wasn't far after.

Who's your favorite Liefeld character? Image ones only.