The godfather is on netflix. i've never seen it. it's 3 hours long. is it worth it y/n?

the godfather is on netflix. i've never seen it. it's 3 hours long. is it worth it y/n?

no

watch star wars

would rather have someone shit on my chest

sure, if you don't like it you can always stop watching it

>you can always stop watching it
sometimes i forget this, ok thanks user

A bunch of people on this bird that unironically like cape shit are going to tell you otherwise, but yes, it’s absolutely worth it and deserves the reputation it has.

theres an intermission in part 2 so per the patrician code it's okay to pause it there

serious post here

i read the book, and the film is essentially a direct transfer from page to screen

does it really deserve the reputation it has considering that the plot is entirely unoriginal? (i do know the screenplay was written by the author, but that still doesn't mean it's not a copy)

no
watch rick and morty instead

are you retarded

Enjoy your feminine penis Sup Forums.

Yes, if just because many boomers use it as their ethical code, but they mix in the DeNiro baseball bat scene.

ACKSHUALLY all 3 Godfathers are on Netflix

no I just have extreme disdain for adaptations

there is zero point to adapting a text if you're going to offer no new perspective on it, as is there's no point to watching the film if you've read the book, or vice versa. compared to something like apocalypse now, it's a complete waste of time

i'm not dismissing the technical achievements, but i don't believe it deserves it's reputation as the best film of all time

None of that is true, pure bullshit. By this post you confirm you are in fact (very)retarded.

>it's
:)

And also
>but i don't believe it deserves it's reputation as the best film of all time
It doesn't quite have this reputation really.

If you have to ask, the answer is already no. Stick to what you can.

c u c k o l d

?

no english?

yeah good response mate i'm glad i came to the film discussion board to dissect semantics rather than discuss film

>it's
>not understanding he's a cuck
gl in life
smart money says you make it 2 more years

>i'm glad i came to the film discussion board to dissect semantics rather than discuss film
Exactly, go back to your board/safe zone and stop trying to enter into something you have no capacity to.

U got a small dick dont u

There is a lot of reasons to adapt you retard. Film is a visual medium. You tell the story differently, even if the story is the same

Godfather INVENTED the style of the mafia.

Also, act smart if you want but it's undeniable than films are more accessible than books.

It's fucking boring

Anyone else skip the Italy section on rewatches? It really is the weakest part of the film.

Yes, and Part II is even better.

watch the 1920s flashback scenes in 2 first, then the end scene of 2, then 1, then the rest of 2

Godfather is a masterpiece. See it. And watch part II, it's even better.

yeah now that i think about it, i didn't take into account that godfather would have been the first mafia film in that style, which is definitely a point in it's favour

and i do know that film is more accessible than books, but I just prefer it when a film adapts its source's form and tone whilst adding it's own contributions, such as Girl Interrupted or Inherent Vice, or even the 2005 Pride and Prejudice. Whilst the Godfather is perfect in adapting the tone of the book, it fails to add any new meaning, and even takes on some of the flaws of the novel that could have easily be rectified in a visual medium

>dat apollonia

hell no

I've seen 1+2 many times but never 3 because it has a terrible reputation and I don't want to sully the first two. Is it really that bad?

No, it's pretty much a meme.
It's an excellent film, but the thing is the other two are propermasterpieces so it was a letdown.