Why do people like this show so much?

Why do people like this show so much?
>Bad voice actors
>Uninteresting stories
>Pointless retcons
>God-awful animation
>Prequel era
There is pretty much no reason to watch this show, why do so many people here obsess over it? The half-naked 14-year-old that's in every episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aXlPI2XSFrc
youtube.com/watch?v=HbBKHB1Sffg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ucn6GHx1Pdc
youtube.com/watch?v=-jPVUl693JU
youtube.com/watch?v=6rtFvAymnWA
youtube.com/watch?v=tpLiiD1Gsjk
youtu.be/Ve3WlXR2Dxg
youtu.be/o6QC_oPLVFs
youtu.be/VjXIswnrWTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>get btfo in the other thread
>SEETHING so much you have to furiously type up a new one to get other anons to validate your opinions
Pathetic. Sage

Which other thread? I've been in almost a dozen threads where I was the only one who thought this show was garbage. How about you make an argument in favor of this shit instead of memeing? I am genuinely asking why people find this schlock appealing. It's a bad TV show for children.

I need you to expand more on that last sentence, OP.

Ahh yes the pedophile audience, very important for Disney's new marketing strategy

because I saw it when I was 7 years old

The original Clone Wars cartoon or the new one?

YEAH YOU FUCKING RETARD HAVE SEEN ONLY ONE EPISODE AND YOU HATE THE SERIES. JUST WATCH THE WHOLE THING CUNT

Clone Wars is garbage made for kids, not for the family not for everyone just for kids. The old series is also very overrated on here, even though its obviously better than the newer one. Rebels is even worse.

Just because it's in 3d doesn't mean it's for kids retard

The new one

>garbage made for kids
Like Avatar: The Last Airbender?

Like star wars as a whole?

Well it's literally for kids, so
That's also a kid's show
>Implying Star Wars cartoons haven't been historically oriented toward children

reported

Exactly. Movies/TV shows can a) be made for children and have an extra dimension for adults and b) be for all ages. Who knew?

How is Clone Wars a show for all ages? If it weren't for manchildren, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Do you the entire Star Wars franchise is exclusively for children?

It's not for fucking children you fucktard, watch the fucking thing

The past four films have been rated PG-13, I'd say that it's not really for all ages anymore.
I HAVE watched it--it's garbage, only a child or someone with the mind of a child would think it's above average

I didn't say it was. I said that kids' shows are not automatically garbage and that some shows are made for all ages.

Pic related is this show being BTFO by Genndykino.

The Clone Wars is objectively darker and more violent than probably any Star Wars film except Revenge of the Sith. It's no more exclusively for children than the movies are

>I said that kids' shows are not automatically garbage
tHIS ONE is garbage, though.
>except Revenge of the Sith
You mean the first Star Wars movie that wasn't for all ages? Thanks for proving my point.
A true patrician, at last

First movie was for all ages. Darth maul, death of Kenobi's master, battle of naboo it had some dark and funny moments

>hurr durr Jedi can destroy thousands of droids alone with their bare hands!

I liked how they used the force for more than shooting lightning and throwing rocks.

> hurr durr Luke Skywalker can destroy countless amounts of tie fighters

Yeah but the last 4 movies have been rated PG-13, literally meaning that they aren't for all ages, you fucking idiot
The bit where Anakin fights Ventress is great.
Did you not watch the prequels? Artoo solos a bunch of Super Battle Droids in RotS, there's no reason to think that what Windu does there is unbelievable.

Fuck off with this 2d crap

>the jedi are literal, indestructible gods
>somehow executed en masse by clones that are literally identical in combat performance to droids

They where rated that because Lucas wanted more money you fucking idiot

>>somehow executed en masse by clones that are literally identical in combat performance to droids
Did you not actually watch the prequels?
Are you sure it wasn't because of the scene where Anakin chops off a guy's head, or the scene where Anakin burns almost to death? Yeah, George wanted more money, but there was stuff in the movie that would be potentially traumatic for children.
Also the last 3 SW films haven't been Lucas' handiwork.

I find the new series acceptable, but there is just so much of it thats flat out uninteresting or embarrisingly inusulting, like Savage Opress or the Father/Siblings from that weird floating space prism. As a whole I dont hate it. GenndyWars from start to end was just straight entertaining, and I felt like it benefited greatly for only being two hours of story. Not to mention the action was better. Im sorry but the "move inhumanly fast from swing to swing, then freeze for a second" shit that TCW and Rebels do is just so jarring and stiff.

>Being so plebbish you don't understand the visuals are highly stylized and metaphorical
>Not appreciating the brilliance of Tartakovsky's visual storytelling
>Not appreciating as an actually interesting use of the force

Seconding every word of this

ITT: manchildren

>talking about the 2d cartoon for dragon ball z weaboos
>DiD yOu NoT aCtuAllY waTCh thE pReqUeLs?

Thirding.

Well, did you?

>Did you not actually watch the prequels?
That doesn’t counter his argument at all

>That doesn’t counter his argument at all
Considering that explanations are given in the trilogy for every supposed objection he raises, I don't see how you could possibly be right.

Yes, and the 2003 series is hilariously out of line with what we see in it, specifically Revenge of the Sith

>Considering that explanations are given in the trilogy
Name one

>Kaminoan cloner tells Obi-Wan outright that clones are superior to battle droids

youtu.be/aXlPI2XSFrc
Thank you, lucasfilm. Just like my Japanese cartoons

>is blatantly disregarded in the 2003 series
Metaphorical for what?

>>is blatantly disregarded in the 2003 series
Huh?

Then how do clones get blown the fuck out by droids all the time in both the films and both tv shows?

>Then how do clones get blown the fuck out by droids all the time in both the films and both tv shows?
There are a lot of droids, a lot of them have big guns, the guy running the Republic is also running the CIS...I dunno, man, there are about a million reasons that anyone with a brain would accept.
>Death Stars are better than X-wings so how did Luke blow up the death star in an X-wing?
Jesus Christ

The clones performance is literally indistinguishable from that of the droids with the exception of like 6 arc troopers

>clearly didnt watch the 2003 series
Arc troopers wrecked shit, numerous times. Get fucked.

The soyboy faggots that liked this show are a permanent fixture in the star wars fanbase

Clones still have the natural potential to adapt and become better fighters, ie arc troopers. Droids cannot. Hence why you're wrong.

>There are a lot of droids
There are a lot of clones
>a lot of them have big guns
A lot of the clones have big guns
>the guy running the Republic is also running the CIS
The guy running the CIS is also running the Republic.
I dunno man, there are a million reasons that anyone with a brain would accept the fact that both standard battle droids and clones are equal in combat efficiency, just as Sidious designed them to be so the war would drag on for long enough so that he could gain complete control of the Republic.
>>Death Stars are better than X-wings so how did Luke blow up the death star in an X-wing?
>comparing a david vs goliath battle (WITH SPACE SHIPS) to ground combat between two disposable army units
Jesus Christ

>Droids need control ships
>Clones keep fighting even if the ship that deployed them blows up
You are a m o r o n

The old show was fun and had some great emotional moments with Anakin that actually makes him look like a conflicted hero, unlike his school-shooter prequel interpretation. That's all you need, who the fuck cares about the powerlevel of the jedis.

youtube.com/watch?v=HbBKHB1Sffg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ucn6GHx1Pdc

Tell me which one makes you feel something:
youtube.com/watch?v=-jPVUl693JU
youtube.com/watch?v=6rtFvAymnWA

>clones need food and age quickly
>droids are not shown to be in need of recharging and can still function properly decades later
The clones’ and droids’ advantages and disadvantages eliminate eachother
You are a m o r o n

>The clones’ and droids’ advantages and disadvantages eliminate eachother
This is so fucking stupid

I guess they haven’t taught you about cherrypicking in school yet

>provides no evidence as to why it is so fucking stupid

Again, anyone with a brain knows you're wrong, you fucking faggot

>continues to provide no evidence as to why he is right and I am wrong
Getting a little bit suspicious now user, maybe you really don’t have an argument

youtube.com/watch?v=tpLiiD1Gsjk
3D Ventress, for anyone to compare

Go on, post things that are so much better in the 3D version.

Your argument is that each side having advantages somehow amounts to neither side having any advantage, I don't understand your reasoning at all.

Fuck it, I was going to write something out about how-

While the show does have issues, saying its bad because of X Y and Z with out explaining why is pointless.

But that is not what anyone here actually wants to do right? Have a discussion and talk about stuff?

This board is Sup Forums and /s4s/ tier, I don't know if it has always been like this.

>I don't understand your reasoning at all
Yeah you really don’t
>Your argument is that each side having advantages somehow amounts to neither side having any advantage
I never said this. I said that the negatives of droids and the negatives of clones both cancel each other out when they meet. If you can’t understand this primary education level concept then it goes like this: imagine trying to divide 1000 by 1000, one way to get the answer is to let the 0s cancel each other out, so that you are left with just 1. This leads to both sides being balanced due to the diversity of their advantages and disadvantages, with the former cancelling each other out and the latter cancelling each other out. So when it comes down to it, the clones and droids were literally designed to be even matches, and this fits with Sidious’ plan for galactic domination

The 3D isn't bad, but to compare against the old school is unfair, thats straight up art.

>I said that the negatives of droids and the negatives of clones both cancel each other out when they meet.
That doesn't make sense. You think it does because you're a moron.
Tell that to the fanboys

There’s that cherrypicking again, and even if this is cherrypicked, it is still leaps and bounds ahead of the soulless mess we saw in the shortlived 2D version.
Oh, and here’s that better thing from the 3D version:
youtu.be/Ve3WlXR2Dxg

Lol, the pro-CW posts have burned Krapleen Kennedy's droopy old snatch but GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

The execution order has come down on a fucking cartoon show that's shown the Empress has no clothes.

Made to look bad by a kid's cartoon show.
What a fat ugly tired old loser witch.
Throw a bucket of water on the old hag.

>That doesn't make sense
You think it doesn’t because you are a moron. These two armies were literally ordered by the same guy, who specifically asked for each feature, such as the clones having Jango Fett’s DNA. How is it moronic to suggest that these armies were not equal when Sidious created them purely to start the Clome Wars and to keep them going for as long as possible in order for him to gain more power

I tried, but my post got buried.

>How is it moronic to suggest that these armies were not equal when Sidious created them purely to start the Clome Wars and to keep them going for as long as possible in order for him to gain more power
The point isn't that the ARMIES are equal, the point is that clones, as soldiers, are superior to battle droids, you fucking moron.

Dreadful. Jesus christ

I don't understand what this post is supposed to be saying about either show, which do you prefer? What you posted is an example of bad voice acting and garish animation. Not to mention that the red lighting makes everyone look ghoulish.

Yet all three are insanely better than nuWars.
Go figure. It's almost the people running Disney's multi-billion dollar IP into the the ground are clueless idiots.

A fucking kid's cartoon show should be the baseline quality bar of your franchise, not it's highest level.

Is this a joke

nice non arguments

Nobody in this thread has posted anything resembling a series of premises leading to a conclusion organized in a valid logical form, why are you singling out my post?

>butthurt r2Dditors are mad that a poorly animated show in its infancy is better than their flashing lasers and explosions in every frame
youtu.be/o6QC_oPLVFs
Here’s some more for your enjoyment

AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA

>The point isn't that the ARMIES are equal, the point is that clones, as soldiers, are superior to battle droids, you fucking moron.
There is absolutely zero evidence for this except the creator of the clones bragging about his little project. We see clones defeating droids and droids defeating clones in both film and television.
Are you going to formulate a real argument soon or are you just going to keep calling me a “moron”? Because this is getting tiring

moron

youtu.be/VjXIswnrWTA
“art”

At least it's better than the 3D one, which is half the point

Give me one reason why 2D version>3D version

It doesn't hurt my eyes

All the 5 best scenes of both shows are from 2D

No JarJar episodes.

>Literally doesn't know star wars Canon
>is arguing about it

Hmmm

Sorry my dude Clones i.e living beings > constantly memory wiped droids who don't gain experience

The quality of the droids is quantity

Like I've been saying he's a moron for not already knowing this, I'm pretty sure he's just trolling me.

> doesn’t hurt your eyes

Link them then

At least the 3D version ran long enough in order for there to be jar jar episodes. Unlike the virgin 2D version
>only running for about a year
Lmao

>>only running for about a year
>Lmao
That was why it was good. It was a tie-in to Revenge of the Sith. It ends where Episode 3 begins. There was no need for it to go on.

>being bloated to the point of having Jarjar filler is a good thing
Wow, dude.

>> doesn’t hurt your eyes
That's a great scene

>claims I don’t know about Star Wars canon
>makes no attempt to prove it by even quoting a sentence where I failed to understand the canon
>Sorry my dude Clones i.e living beings > constantly memory wiped droids who don't gain experience
There is literally zero evidence for this. The Star Wars universe has technology millennia ahead of our own, droids could easily be up to the standard of living humans.
Also
>reddit spacing

People probably like this show because they grew up with it and are now getting access to the boards. I personally think TCW is fine, but it doesn't really work when you look at how it retcons tons of shit in the movie saga and most especially the EU material before it which created a solid base for the Prequel Trilogy. I'd say more than enough that Clone Wars 2003 is the better show that fits better with the movies.
>inb4 power levels
If you have a problem with it, watch it as if the series is telling exaggerated war stories that are different than the actual event but still tells something that has the same end result. If you want my take a lot of the stuff in CW 2003 is fairly accurate to the EU.