Work on Your Art!

What have you been drawing lately, Sup Forums?

Fanart, OCs, studies, animation, doodles, you name it! Post what you got!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FvAKdGrtOeQ
summeroflove-comic.tumblr.com/post/160138373977/summer-of-love-trailer-summer-begins-may-27th
imgur.com/Cc7KjQZ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>TFW you did work on your art and have been basking in the glow of your finished project for almost a month but Batman is slowly starting to make you feel guilty again

youtube.com/watch?v=FvAKdGrtOeQ

Not too fond of the arms, but I needed a new wallpaper and I always make sure it's my art.

I've been working in two things: finishing the overview of my setting and working the images (old photos that tell the story of some of the characters) for the introducing sequence.

I'm drawing with pencil on paper and inking it digitally. I make a lot more of mistakes that way, but it's faster, and that's a lifesaver.

I've been writing more, not drawing. Not much to show for it, though.

I can't draw and have no good ideas, so nothing

There's just something unsettling about this family.
Maybe it's the eyes?

Yeah, the eyes, probably. When I drew it, it was a tiny drawing and I usually don't draw pupils when I have that problem. And when I inked the drawing, I went with it that way. So now it gives an eerie feel, which is nice, given that almost all of them but the boy are dead.

Have a lil' animation gif of a nervous gal.

The aesthetic of this is oddly wonderful, the backgrounds are great. I really dig this.
I absolutely love this, haha.

>thumbs
>not stars
1 star/5

but nah, nice video. batman just wants you to keep it up.

Nice! I like how you used the drop shadow- might have to try something like this later.

or that they're all making the same face

Hey, that's nice. Good work.

... That could be the case too.

>thumbs not stars
Yeah I spent way too much time debating what website I should make this look like. Ended up going for a YouTube look but this ended up doing surprisingly well on Newgrounds so I'm glad I used Saladfingers and Weebl videos at the beginning.

All I know is that I hate the boy. He looks like such a little shithead.

Gonna polish this later, it's part of a series of strios, so might not make total sense on its own

Thanks, and I do like shadows in your line work. Gives it a sloppy cel animation effect.

Dunno, I'm just drawing for fun

Been drawing this molly coddle because she's a cute. I'm mostly trying to get used to drawing on a tablet since I usually draw pen and pencil though I'm not exactly great with that either.

Rebuilding rick with a coat

woops I accidentally sent the working size. I'm fucking dumb.

Nice. How hard was it to put together that turn control? Are you going to have to rebuild the puppet for each angle?

You build one skeleton system with nodes, and then draw/move pieces for other angles (so some of the pieces as he turns are swapped, others are just merely moved/scaled.

Then you use posecopier to turn while animating.

Oh damn. I assumed you were working in After Effects but I have no idea what Posecopier is.
Was this a tutorial posted on that guys channel?

Not sure who you're referring to, but i'm working in toonboom harmony.

Theres no tutorials to do advanced stuff like this in harmony, i've been meaning to do some but just been too busy with other stuff.

A calm-down doodle I happened to really like.

Oh damn are you the guy who made the court fan animation? I assumed he had made a tutorial which you screen capping that from.

Yea i'm the guy who made that haha, the gifs i'm just making as i go.

another GIF I made the other day. she's fast and even more nervous.

Thanks guys- and that's exactly what I was going for with the drop shadow, so good! haha
Cute characters!
wow! i've always found that animation technique really cool- the advanced level puppet stuff i mean. you're a trooper for compiling that stuff.

Trying to get that last bit of fanart out of me before the show comes along and ruins everything.

Nice! I haven't been on Sup Forums in a while but that video was all over the place for a while. You would probably make a killing off of doing a tutorial series.

Cuuuuute. I'm really curious what kind of effects they're going to use for her in the show. I always loved how Karolina's powers were drawn.

A little picture of one of my girls as a wee tot to see if I still knew how to line sculpt. A little rusty, but I think I still understand it. Wish it didn't take so long to do, though.

Your FBF is really smooth above, a great style. Reminds me of Guy Collions work who makes one of my most favorite series (raised by zombies).
Eh not as much as you'd think. The thing with harmony is that there's no real yar hars out there, you have to buy it to use and it's way too expensive for people who aren't animating full time. The kind of people who this would benefit are quite limited, albeit i do help people in the animation discord when they need help with TB as I find there's very little people out there who know how to use the advanced node stuff.

This is what a complex rig looks like node wise

Been drawing this weird creature called a seeing eye. It disguises itself to hide its ugliness. All they want is to live a normal human life and to find a sweetheart.

And finally, another cooldown doodle. Was in a wintry mood for this.

Love the color palette. Do you have a tumblr or something that I can follow?

Weren't there a few frames of her sparkling in the trailer?

>it disguises itself to hide its ugliness
I never said you could draw me user

Hmmm.

I think you'd be surprised. Tutorials do really well on Youtube. Just making five 10 minute videos called 'How to animate Rick and Morty' would easily break 500K each- even if it was made by someone way below your level of skill.
I see After Effects and Photoshop tutorials hit those numbers all the time.

I like it a lot. The background makes it a little noisy though.

What board has good writing threads?
Is Sup Forums's Supergirl threads the best there is without getting into 'head up your own ass' writing territory?

It's because stuff like this that I feel ashamed for posting my amateur and bland pics.

Damn, that's cool, user.

I'm designing a new character. Some thoughts on how design so far would be cool.

So thicc, do like.

Nice idea, just go further. The denture hat is neat. I'd like to see this guy with a costume besides stripped shirt.

Course I don't know what your making this for so take that with a grain of salt.

Thanks anons :3

Here's one of the big ones I've done recently

A lil' group shot of those kiddos.
Just checked out Guy Collins, what cool stuff! Thank you!!
Yup! I'm yugsly on twitter and tumblr.
That's amazing! A lovely aesthetic, love all the hatching going on here.
I've been digging chompers lately, this design is great! I had something semi-similar in mind.

summeroflove-comic.tumblr.com/post/160138373977/summer-of-love-trailer-summer-begins-may-27th
Finally uploaded the first part of the comic I've been leaving bits and pieces of in this thread for months. I posted this in the homestuck thread, got told that the art was shit, don't really disagree considering it's hand-done and utilizes a kind of gritty aesthetic.

It's more of an atmospheric thing I'm going for as opposed to coherent drawings, montage over mise-en-scene and shit like that. I said it was similar to the Nouveau Réalisme art movement, but I doubt that really means anything in terms of my own comic. I would also cite Harry Smith's experimental animations as influential. (Within the first installment it also already has three explicit references to a certain live action director, but that doesn't affect how it looks.) All in all it's really not what would be considered standard Sup Forums material.

I'm at an impasse on whether to continue updating the comic itself, or abandon telling the story for favor of making longer animations to show for applying to places (in addition to the majority of my stuff being live action.) I would just make the animations, but then I wouldn't be telling a story, and that's where it's all coming from anyway. Just roast me from the motion perspective.

Been working on some side characters and antagonists for a webtoon comic I'm making.

Another lil' gif animation of my gal over at

I had been doing a web comic and posting to DA and FA but now I think I want to focus on videos telling the story like the first few He-Man mini comics or Gil Kane's BlackMark.

The whole thing started as a thing for me and a friend to collaborate on. Him writing and me doing the art

That slight undershadow is intentional right? To kind of emulate a physical animation cel? Because I've been trying a similar technique.

Also, Does anyone know how to simulate watercolors in Photoshop, I want to make some background templates, that look hand painted, like old WB, or Ren and Stimpy.

Got a tablet a few months ago so I could learn to draw (I've drawn before, but never seriously). This is my first real attempt at blending and gradation on anything more complicated than a sphere, and even though it's a bit messy, I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out. Eventually I want to do my own comics and animation, but that's still a ways away, so feedback is absolutely welcome.

Here's an ink drawing I finished last night. Tried holding back on over-hatching the background in this one.

Good to see your stuff again! Also followed you on Tumblr, too. I-I hope you don't mind...

Also, I was sketching crude drawings of folks' OCs in the previous Batman thread, and drew my OC hugging one of yours.

I only draw memes
1/2

Made a quick sketch earlier

2/2

imgur.com/Cc7KjQZ

One last thing for now...

Yup, that's right! You can do it by double clicking a layer and hitting "drop shadow". Then fiddle with the settings.

As for watercolors, look for "Kyle T Webster's Brush Pack"!
OHHH MY GOSH THIS IS SO CUTE!! Thank you!!! I love it. Why is Jene (tall girl) so mad, though? Hahaha!!!

>OHHH MY GOSH THIS IS SO CUTE!! Thank you!!! I love it. Why is Jene (tall girl) so mad, though? Hahaha!!!

Aww, you're welcome. Your style is rather fun to draw, especially when your characters' shapes are so deliberate. I was second-guessing myself when trying to draw them the right way, haha.

And to answer your question, I thought Jene would be the protective type who's not too keen on random people hugging her friends. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong. I'm likely wrong, lol.

Doing a mockery of a children's book for a class project. Due in 2 days, but it's okay since the drawings are meant to be super simple and use basic colours.

Me like.

You're right about that, though! She loves her buddies.

Beneath the bulk, she's just a bundle of joy~!

I'm sure she'd warm up to Lucifer if she got to know him. He's a good kid. I mean it. No really.

Old sketch is old.

that's a cool dog lizard thing

frogs again
i'm sorry if i keep bugging everyone with my frogfaggotry
some user asked for a fairytale themed pic but i don't know where they are. here's to hoping you can find it, man.

pepe deservs to be happy

Just some art of a character.

Image didn't upload

Every time I draw the face it comes out different.

Early shitty one

Finishing the inking. Don't look like much, but it's not bad for a simple joke story I have in mind.

No because is furry shit and no body likes that

also have the scared edit
he definitely does

*fucking image

I did this last week

I drew a candy bar. Upon retrospect I ask myself: why?

I like these.

>that feeling of pointlessness when another artist has drawn way better stuff and gets paid for it
It's just been crying and walking around aimlessly at this point, I don't know what to do anymore

Because you are more creative than 90% of artists who drew either robots, explosions, or waifus?

Because you subconsciously understand that drawings objects wrapped in plastic wrappers is actually a useful skill down the road?

Take your pick.

This is as far as I am going to finish it today. Still unfinished, but at least something decent for Lord Batman to look at.

I don't know, Batman. People might think I'm a furry when I really just wanted to see if I could draw a humanoid shark.

50 years have passed... Yet, I do not study.

as always, i'll be spamming frogs if the thread tries to die
have some autistic screeching i finished the other day
thanks!

Cover art for work

I did a doodle of Noodle at work a few days ago.

good shit user keep it up

Redrawing a comic page with CW equivalents but I don't know who to use for Hal.

Well I don't think you're a furry. You're obviously a scalie.

Also personally the lack of outline on the clothes looks weird. Like it's skin.

Nice job user.

Who wants a thicc request?

Idk how far I'm gonna push the ballerina aspect for them. It's just something cute and mildy artsy that I wanna try.
I'm still new to pens/markers but I feel like I'm getting the hang of it

the cutest