Thoughts on Pacific Rim?

Thoughts on Pacific Rim?

Other urls found in this thread:

au.ign.com/articles/2017/11/02/7-crucial-things-to-know-about-pacific-rim-uprising
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks war ready

Why did the giant mechs punch the monsters instead of using their vibroblades and laser rockets?
>DUDE I'M GONNA LET THIS MONSTER DRAG ME 20 THOUSAND FEET IN THE AIR BEFORE I SLICE IT IN HALF LMAO
Absolutely awful movie

Shit movie for people who think they're too smart for Transformers

>trying to captialize on Star Wars

It'll bomb as it should

>“Technology has jumped ahead” says on-set supervisor Dave Merritt, while showing us the more light-weight suits donned by Uprising’s pilots. “We wanted to be able to be lighter weight and more agile. I think he also wanted to add much more of the martial arts kind of feel to everything.”

>Boyega, who shares a producing credit, is particularly invested in this fluidity. The actor admits that he found the movements of the original Jaegers a little too cumbersome, and has brought fight co-ordinator Liang Yang over from Star Wars: Rogue One and The Force Awakens to bring the aforementioned “martial arts feel” to Uprising.

>“They were like, "What did you feel about the first film," and I told them straight up the stuff that I didn't like and the stuff I wanted to see more of,” says Bodega. “I wish the robots would hurry up, just hurry up.”

au.ign.com/articles/2017/11/02/7-crucial-things-to-know-about-pacific-rim-uprising

Yep

Why not guard the single point of entry instead of all the coastlines?

Because toxic blood!

Which they care about until it's vibro-blade time.

>he found the movements of the original Jaegers a little too cumbersome,

Please god no, giant robots should be cumbersome, it's what makes them feel giant.

>original Jaegers a little too cumbersome
But the giant robots moving like giant robots was one of the best parts
>brought fight co-ordinator... from Star Wars: Rogue One
Oh, it's shit

>solid iron core, no alloys
Is this anime meme?

So it's a black dude and a white dude drifting together now? I hope it's gets a little gay.

I miss when this was just Frodo Baggins asking questions. Not this stupid ugly frog.

Does the sequel have the kind of interchangeable white guy lead Chinese audiences like to see?

>Del Taco personally sat with the vfx team and instructed them to make the jaegers and monsters move slower so you can see and feel their weight, thus lending realism
>"nah, fuck that, I want fluid motion and karate influence on the sequel"

The Chinese censors do not allow any kind of overt gay unless it leads to a tragic demise.

>Not this stupid ugly frog.
these fins only make retarded (like actually retarded)memes based on actual memes

Because it's at the bottom of the goddamn ocean, in the middle of the goddamn Pacific?

John boyega will tank it. The first one was fun but not kino. It didn't do that well either.

Without Guillermo, I'm leaning towards "no"

No, I'm a grown up, and I think giant robots are cool, but them being "persons" are silly.

Hard pass.

You mean Pacific 20 inch Rims?

Could they have found a more Big Lipped Pickaninny?

looks like shit

I don't think myself too smart for anything, but Transformers is full of the kind of uneventful action that bores me to treats.

Pacific Cringe

Why would the pilots want to be responsible for dumping millions of gallons of toxic waste every where, gee I just cant figure it out.

Is that Clint Eastwood's son? That boy can't act.

Cotton boi aint good neither... What a team up

>to bring the aforementioned “martial arts feel” to Uprising.
Holy shit they're ruining the only thing that made the original watchable, nice one retards.

that niggers face cracks me up

I liked the Pacific Rim theme twang in the trailer
Other than that, it looks like a chinese movie

maybe Del Toro can ruin Rider while he's at it

DOA

>Pacific Rim Uprising is a springboard for a cinematic universe, where DeKnight revealed "If enough people show up to this, we’ve already talked about the plot of the third movie, and how the end of the third movie would expand the universe to a Star Wars/Star Trek-style [franchise or series] where you can go in many, many different directions,” he said.

>“You can go main canon, you can go spin-offs, you can go one-offs. Yeah, that’s the plan".[42] However, DeKnight talked about the possibility of a crossover with the MonsterVerse

I'll probably torrent a blu-ray rip just to jerk off to Charlie Day and Burn Gorman.

>the end of the third movie would expand the universe to a Star Wars/Star Trek-style [franchise or series] where you can go in many, many different directions,”

When had that plan EVER worked for anything but those two legacy franchises? Everyone thinks they are going to make the next star wars Ann's they fumble it -every- time.

Fucking seriously? Why make a sequel f you have no idea why the first one was so good.

What the fuck are they thinking? Didn’t the first one bomb? Why are they trying to make this awful in every way?

The Conjuring universe, but I attribute that to a master auteur and not a boardroom of suits

It's not going to work because it's set in near-future Earth and they don't have the kind of genre savvy Lucas did.

I lost my virginity after taking my date to see Pacific Rim, so I'll always have a soft spot for this movie. Objectively, though, it was sort of just alright.

>no del toro
to the it goes

I'd Pacific Ms. Mori's rim if you catch my meaning

That second pic looks like the set of some SyFy series . Did they have no budget for proper lighting and set? Also John OogaBooga ruining yet another beloved IP. Fuck that nigger.

I'm a little proud that this image I made is still circulating.

Is it going to be boring like Transformers?

It's a solid, fun movie that manages to portray mechs in a realistic fashion.

The new one is Hollywood's attempt to ruin more movies.

>Didn’t the first one bomb?
Over doubled its production budget, but thanks to Hollywood accounting everything that dosnt get you 10$ for every $ spent is a loss.
Rememeber
>South Canterbury Finance invested $30 million in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, only to have New Line produce accounts showing that the movies did not make a profit, but made "horrendous losses".

Every movie has to be a flop otherwise you have to pay back your investors, and we cant have goyim getting rich, oy vey making money is a disaster.