youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g
youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Star Wars fans BTFO

Racist trolls BTFO

Indie Wire used to be good.

Does this 'guy' get paid to write this?

obviously

Hats off to the author for somehow being able to get paid to write shit.

This can't be real

Darnit! He's unveiled our master plan!

It's an incompetent movie like a capeshit.

Hasn't every critic and academy seat in movie history hated everything Star Wars even when it was good?

Whereas you do it for free.

What did "he" mean by this?

Fantasy and sci-fi films don't usually win best picture.

I know, right? Why didn't pod racing win best picture either?

>IT'S INCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
Fuck the mainstream press.

David erlich is such a cunt

>Simple movies ever winning best picture
Too bad what usually wins best picture isn't complex or advancing the craft, it's usually the 2deep4u but not 2deep shit that wins.

Why do SJWs feel that injecting SJW beliefs into a film is much more important, than the film having some sort of internal logic or logic at the very least related to all other movies existing in the same universe?

Most of the complaints are about the10s of
HUGE plotholes,. This virtue signaling moron doesn't seem to understand that.

Is there really any other reason to whore himself this badly?

>Not about the Holocaust
>Does not star a friendly animal that helps a child overcome bullies and then dies
>Is not about overcoming racial inequality in the 1930's.
>Not an inspirational triumph over adversity sports movie where the lead likely dies or becomes permanently injured at the end

It's not a best picture kind of movie, that's why

Which was why I was congratulating him, what don't you understand?

All these shit excuses instead of just saying "the movie was bad".

WE

I wonder if someone makes a super inspirational movie about a Black horse from the New York ghetto of the 1930's that overcomes all adversity and becomes a champion racehorse that helps a plucky kid learn true companionship despite their alcoholic parents and learns to play golf, but then ultimately ends up in a concentration camp in WWII Germany, would they win every Oscar?

Don't forget the movie about a single mum that has to get past societies norms to raise her kid

This, what was the writer thinking? has three plot lines and only one of them is good. Of the other two, one is a waste of time and the other is driven by infuriatingly poor communication. It was so derivative that the makers became self-aware of how derivative it looked and had to add the "It's SALT" line so you know that the ice planet isn't actually an ice planet.

Also, the majority of critics are all shilling for Get Out or Phantom Thread

WUZ JEDIS AND SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT.

youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g

The Seabiscuit In The Striped Pajamas would have its Oscar stolen from it onstage by Moonlight 2: Thuglectric Snuggloo

This seems all too similar to the defense of the new Ghostbusters. Now every sign of dissent on the internet is just a pathetic gaggle of sexist/racist trolls.

This is the intellectual/review equivalent to getting submissively on the bed, sticking your ass in the air, and make moaning while being pounded - while Pappa Pimp Disney waits outside the door counting his money. H-ha!

Imagine if hypothetically it did get Oscar attention in the form of Adam Driver for best actor or some shit? How would these journalists react to this?

To impress these people, all you need is to put a woman, a black man and a white villain? Doesn't sound diverse.

>best picture

>yfw the new Insidious movie bested TLJ at the box office this weekend

it has to be 1960's America, and she has to have a really shitty labor intensive, traditional man's job too.

Pretty strong jaw for a Jew.

>How would these journalists react to this?

>WHY WASNT ANY OF THE FEMALE ACTORS NOMINATED?
>WHY WASNT ANY OF THE PEOPLE OF COLOR NOMINATED!?
>WHY WASNT THE PORGS NOMINATED?

through some internet searching i found out why this critic in particular is shilling this so hard. He has a hot asian girlfriend/wife and apparently spent some good amount of time in asian countries. so he is waifufagging for rose and her strong anti-war views in a traditionally WHITE MALE star WARS universe.

just ignore him. he's out of his mind.

Turbo lasers don't arc down in space because there is no down.

The Legend of Seabiscuit is Beautiful

I hate this motherfucker's letterboxd reviews so much.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

is this the equivalent of that white beast farting on jar jar before the pod race in ep 1?

Progressive and powerful.

Try to see it from a content creator's point of view.

>Want to do something provocative and different with your new movie
>The producers and studio executives force you to remake ESB with more diversity, but you don't mind, because the two or three really interesting ideas turning over in your mind can fit into that mold
>it comes out and has a mixed reaction, with some people loving it and some acting like you ran over their baby
Here's where selection bias matters:
>10,000 people tell you on Twitter why they don't like your movie
>90,000 of them are people with sincere complaints who get a few upvotes each
>10,000 are trolls and culture warriors that brigade by parroting very similar views, retweeting and liking one another, and generally creating a powerful vocal minority equivalent to the SJWs on the other side
>You see that the most liked/faved/RT'd comments are all about "the female agenda" and "shoehorning SJW politics" when you clearly saw the Mary Sue and purple haired crap as a necessary means to tell your deconstructive parable about Luke and Kylo fighting over Rey
>Get angry and announce that the alt-right is to blame for all of the complaints because you didn't see most of the authentic ones
>A loser journalist sees your rant and accepts it as gospel

>The Nazgul are the only black people in it.
>The two wamen don't talk to one another. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!
>Aragorn is enforcing the patriarchy!!!!!11111
>WHY IS THE ACADEMY GIVING IT NINETEEN OSCARS?! THAT'S RACIST! #OscarsSoWhite

Why isn't he doing the retarded open face on this picture? This nu-male subverted my expectations.

Space ships also don't start drifting downwards after engines are cut for the same reason.

This is stupid because everyone would be doing it if it was this effective. No one would be building stupidly huge ships if ships thousands of times smaller can destroy them.

Have ANY of the Star Shits movies ever won an Oscar?

God I hope not.

The first movie did for the technical categories.

pretty sure Star Wars (A New Hope) won a shit-tonne

Stop trying to make me hate women... Because it's working.

I'm actually waiting for the Academy to retroactively retract awards they gave for past movies. And for these reasons.

Just cancel every award given for things like Gone With the Wind on the basis that it is too racist, then change all records to declare it never won anything. Do the same with Gandhi for horrible appropriation, Annie Hall for being terribly misogynist, Shane for perpetuating toxic masculinity....

You know that day is coming

remakes soon

I'm not sure what to call this sort of thing. A setting-breaking moment?

How did it get this bad?

Well deserved, too.

>Just cancel every award given for things like Gone With the Wind on the basis that it is too racist, then change all records to declare it never won anything. Do the same with Gandhi for horrible appropriation, Annie Hall for being terribly misogynist, Shane for perpetuating toxic masculinity....
Oh, I think that's coming. And why not? All of the other SJW shit is infecting the industry. It's only a matter of time before the virus spreads.

yep, this destroyed star wars forever.
>oh no, a death star the size of a sun
>lemme just hit lightspeed through that sucker, can even put the shit on autopilot and no one has to die except stormtroopers

thanks rian.

This is dystopian shit. Try and tell me this doesn't sound like the ravings of somebody indoctrinated in a totalitarian regime.

Absolutely. Ben Burtt and Marcia Lucas (to name a few) are revolutionaries in the craft.

Suspension of disbelief-snapping.

Goddamn it I'm so sick of fucking Star Wars. The original films aren't even that good.

I'd unironically rather watch Zardoz than any of the Star Wars movies.

this would be genuinly entertaining.

but yeah, the show will be a forced diversity circus.

>the Nazghul are now the "White Riders"

has to be bait

Why do Jews love niggers so much?

> mid december release date
> 150 minute time

wow....

Uhh because BR2049 has basically already won it

>nobody is talking about it *because* nobody is talking about it
i dont even have enough incredulity in my whole being to process this level of braindead shlock. Italics don't make a sentence convincing.

When exactly did Blacksploitation end?

It's no match for my sword, my bow and MY AXE!

I can only assume they will try to explain it away in the next movie. "Oh it was lucky, it normally wouldn't work", etc.

Regardless of quality, I don't think best picture award rarely if ever, goes to big blockbuster movies in recent time. I am rooting for BR2049, but I have no idea about it's chance.

What a fucking idiot.

Only if they basically make it into a modern day Wiz and add songs to it so it can be extra cringey

Why do the jews hate Blade Runner so much?

Did it counter program their agenda?

Race war distracts from other more important issues.

I can absolutely see this shit happening

As long as Tarrantino is making movies, never

Wanna hear something funny?

>Erlich
means "honest".

Just saying.

There should be hundreds of thousands of huge cargo freighters around just for the job too.

Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that Disney fucked themselves hardcore by making to the only original trilogy character that wasn't killed off was the one who's actress is now dead?

>it's the best film in Hllywood's most storied franchise

to some degree, but they are literally pushing white genocide/overthrow of the traditional west, that's the primary agenda

OK FIRE THE LUCAS FILM STORY GROUP RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Leia litteraly punches through the ship, which is named "THE SUPREMICY" LMAO WTFFFFFFFF THIS IS SO CRINGE

>literally pushing white genocide/overthrow of the traditional west

I thought the Jews owned all the large Western governments though.

It's remarkable to think that someone with such awful taste in movies can make a living from talking about movies.

What the fuck was Rian Johnson thinking with that one?

All he had to do was cut the pieces with Leia after her space walk and rework the ending to make sure that Luke survives.

I don't think you know what "overthrow" means. The rich just want to keep making money, and importing cheap labor is a means to that end. Drives wages down, drives land prices up, it's a win-win for big landowners.

Fucking pottery

>Leia litteraly punches through the ship, which is named "THE SUPREMICY"
Are you serious? (I haven't seen the film)

And by the way, how are they going to rebuild the Resistance? At the end of Empire, the Rebellion took a beating, but they had a largely intact fleet and supporting infrastructure.

The Resistance has a dozen people and the Falcon.