Indiana jones

Which one is the best Indy movie? Also anything smilar to these movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V64Bv1Gf4tM
youtube.com/watch?v=YcR9k8o4I0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the last crusade

Temple of doom is the best.

They get progressively worse

>Raiders
greatest of all time
>Temple
rough around the edges but really imaginative and fun
>Crusade
too much maudlin Spielberg shit with "muh father" that just recycles parts of Raiders
>Kingdom
run-of-the-mill garbage late-2000s action movie

>Also anything smilar to these movies
Uncharted but video games are shit

Last Crusade or Raiders. Raiders prob pulls ahead a bit because of the into temple scene
I loved both pretty equally

Similar: The Mummy Movies with Brendan Fraser
1 and 2 are GOAT 3 was okay. Dont go near the Tom Cruise one.

This is mostly how I feel. My only problem with Temple of Doom is that it's not really an adventure and the entire movie takes place in one location.

Hard mode: Assemble the perfect Indiana Jones Movie using the first, second, and third acts from the original trilogy.

For me its:
Act 1:Last Crusade
Act 2: Raiders
Act 3: Temple if Doom

Fate of the Atlantis is indisputable best adventure.

Why wasn't Temple of Doom a sequel instead of a prequel? I dont see any negative consequences for it being a sequel

Temple. Best opening, best setting, best sidekick.

>it's not really an adventure

they didn't want to jump too far forward in time.

it's all jewish bullshit

Fuck YES

he changes from a greed mindset to more humanistic mindset wanting to help. something like on the original dvd making of videos

Secret of the Incas
The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

kingdom of the crystal skulls.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade are the best out of the series.

Gotta go with Last Crusade. Some people say it's too similar to Raiders, but I think that it expands upon the original themes, and elevates the story into something more than "just" an action movie. Case in point, the final scene with Indy reaching for the Grail, "Indy, let it go." I had a friend tell me that really affected him when he was going through a bad breakup when he was a teenager.

Plus, it has Sean Connery in it. The dynamic between him and Indy was excellent.

>Plus, it has Sean Connery in it. The dynamic between him and Indy was excellent.
Agreed, Sean was the perfect guy to play Indy's father

omg fucking this

Crystal Skull

>Indy, let it go
Sentimental and cheesy as fuck. Teen Titans has less cloying drama than that shit.

I thought it was because of the Nazis and also being able to have a new love interest??
I didn't even get it wasn't a sequel until a few years ago.

delet this

I know this is bait, but fuck you.

>Cate Blanchett
>Shia LaBeouf
>More Indy's backstory
>Spiders
>Fucking aliens
>Ancient tombs
Crystal Skull is the ultimate pleb filter

Raiders is my favorite even though I always hid my eyes at the face melting when I was little. From what my dad says, I first did it because Indy said to not look but I peeked to see melting face and I always closed my eyes from then on. Must have been 6 at the time.

>Shia Labeouf
>Fucking aliens

>Must have been 6 at the time.
what a little faggot

>Cate Blanchett can barely carry a German accent
>green screen in totally unnecessary, everyday scenes
>Shia Labeouf
>way too much shitty CGI, looks worse than the prequels
>Harrison stopped giving a fuck
>Indy's ex got fat like a toad

>>Cate Blanchett can barely carry a German accent
Lucky she was playing a ukrainian

A sequel would just mean more nazis which Last Crusade was exactly was. 1930s, pre-wwll is full of limitless possibilities

>Teen Titans has less cloying drama than that shit.
But Teen Titans is kino. Why, of all things, did you choose that as your counter-example?

My bad, it's late, yeah she can't carry a Soviet accent it slips into British very obviously at a few points

Act 1: Temple of Doom
Act 2: Last Crusade
Act 3: Raiders of the Lost Ark

My evil twin. We meet again.

The Last Crusade comes across as a little dry to me and seems like a retread of Raiders. Temple of Doom is the most entertaining of the three. Raiders is the best executed.

I want to watch Kingdom again. I actually liked it when i saw it in theatres but every time i watch a clip i have second thoughts.

Raiders was the most solid, well paced of them. But for best I have to go for Last Crusade, it felt like an actual story rather than an action romp with an small love story intermingled the other two tended to be. Temple of doom will always have a special place in my heart though, it was one of the funnest romps I've ever watched, but it didn't have as solid a character dynamic and tended to be a bit too schlocky at times distancing itself from the solid film Raiders was.

It was shit.
>Cate Blanchett
Horrible accent and her character sucked.
>Shia LaBeouf
Are you seriously trying to say he is a good thing? He sucks, no redeeming qualities plus his character was a little bitch.
>More Indy's backstory
Barely any in this, we got that from Crusade. The backstory that is mentioned has minor relevance but still would've made a better movie than this one.
>Spiders
Seriously? Not scary or exciting, though there are some spiders in the beginning of Lost Ark if that's what interests you.
>Fucking Aliens
In a freaking Indiana Jones movie? A franchise which is based around an archaeologist looking for ancient artifacts and cursed temples.
>Ancient tombs
Which are in every other Jones movie, only done exceptionally better than this pile of crap you are trying to defend.

this right here

Nah

step aside

Fate > Crusade > Raiders > Doom

This but unironically

Romancing the Stone
The Jewel of the Nile
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
The Mask of Zorro
The Phantom
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
National Treasure
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Adventures of Tintin
The Rundown
Hidalgo
The Librarian Trilogy

This is mostly how I feel, except I've always had a soft spot for Last Crusade. If you're gonna show Indy's dad he may as well be James Bond.

This

Objectively this

shit taste, and your wording exposes you as obsessed with redditlettermedia ("elevates the story" etc.)

This shit right here.
youtube.com/watch?v=V64Bv1Gf4tM

Nah man i like the one with his dad the most for some reason. And i think temple of doom is the weakest

Raiders

Raiders is a legitimate masterpiece. The other two are great in spite of their flaws. 4 is dogshit

Crusade just due to the Connery/Ford banter

Infernal Machine or go home

For a while The Last Crusade was my favorite.
Then years later I decided actually Raiders is the best.
But now, at the ripe old age of 29, I realize the truth. Temple of Doom is the best Indiana Jones film.

Haha I literally didn't remember Crystal Skull existed until I got to this comment

Either this or
Act 1: Raiders
Act 2: Temple of Doom
Act 3: Last Crusade

You just used the weakest acts of each movie. Pleb.

this is correct

Last Crusade because I'm a Paladin-aboo

I think the last crusade has nazis on screen the longest so probably that.

otherwise raiders.

>dude it was aliens all along
Worst ending to any indy movie ever, seriously fuck you if you thought that was in any way impact or cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=YcR9k8o4I0w
So much chills even with that cgi

It's the worst. Crystal Skull is better.

?

HE DIDN'T REALLY EAT THE FLY
THE CHEEKY EDITORS DROPPED SOME FRAMES TO MAKE IT LOOK THAT WAY

what is going on in the world of indiana jones?
>in raiders we see the literal wrath of god and that juidasm is legit
>in doom we see that hinduism is legit
>in crusade we see thay christianity is legit
>in crystal skull we see that aliens are real
and that's not counting the spinoffs. anyone have anymore they would like to add?

What's indy 5 gonna be like? Probably will be set in the 60s i assume

Crusade is the best one. Great gags, good writing and character development, excepcional action, the tank sequence is great.

Next is Raiders, I guess this one goes without saying.

Then comes Doom, I have not seen this one in a while, the tone of act 3 is a bit odd and the McGuffin is a bit bullshit, but still great.

There are only 3 Indy movies.

It's really not that similar to raiders at all. the only big similarity is the nazis

King Solomon's Mines (1937. Lots of adaptations but the 30s movie is the best)
Gunga Din (1939. Pure Kino)
Romancing the Stone and The Jewel of the Nile (very underated movies. I liked them better than Indy)
There's a lot of 30s movies about explorers/jungle/desert/treasures/etc.
There's also movie serials. I would suggest The Return of Chandu (with Bela Lugosi). It's very much in the vein of Indy. There's a cut of the series that is the length of a movie, but it's just the first chapters of the series. It can act as a stand-alone strory on it's own though.

The librarian trilogy is fucking kino.

the young indie chronicles tv series

this. i didn't like the sequel at first but i grew to like it

Best adventure kino

They butcher the story in this more than the other lego games. The crusade knight is the final boss

Last crusade> Raiders > Temple of doom/
Crystal skulls doesnt exist.
As for similar you can watch the inspirations for the movies, some of them are nice. The Young Indiana Jones was ok, when I watched it as a kid. Lost City of Z is decent

But Indiana Jones movies always had 4 acts, around 30 min each, almost like clockwork

We're old user. Noone remembered it anymore. Also Monkey Island.

King Solomon had the best black and female characters. Why can't Hollywood write characters like that anymore?
Literally WE WAZ KINGS done right for the nig. I have no hope of the Black Panther movie doing something as good with it's character.

Is short round the best sidekick ever?

i dont get why people hate crystal skull
as if the other previous 3 indiana jones movies were not idiotic childish nonsense.

>it's a prequel so you know he'll get out unscathed
>lol indians eat monkey brains lolgross not curry lol
>rich mythology to work with but go with voodoo bullshit that isn't even from that continent
>stay in one place
>bitterness towards directors' obvious in the woman caricature
>jarring composited shots that could have been done just as well without compositing
>no wacky nazis

*directors' exes

I was bored to treats.

I always felt sorry for the random guys there. I wonder how the letters sent home to their families read.

He'll fight the devil in hell.

I like you user.

All religions are true to a degree. They all describe what is fundamentally the same reality.

Sounds great to me

Crystal Skull > Doom > Crusade > Raiders

Raiders is the best. Perfect balance in all things.
Doom is good. Had the best ideas. Very rough. My personal favorite.
Crusade is good. Sometimes very lame though. Very comedic. Way more "schlocky" than Doom IMO.
Crystal Skull is not good and should never have been made. People say it's lucky George Lucas were kept in check by Spielberg but I think it would've been a better movie if Lucas had run rough-shod over it. It's a very lame, run of the mill Spielbergian action adventure movie with a shitty moral message at the end. It's everything I don't like about half of Spielbergs films.

>Anything similar
Try the video games. Fate of Atlantis is a very good point and click adventure game. Been a long while since I played the "Tomb Raider clones" but I remember enjoying them. I think they may be for N64 and PC.

Also, of course, The Mummy movies (Brendan Fraser).