Now that Nu Wars has failed can we finally accept that the only new Star Wars trilogy that should exist is a KOTOR...

Now that Nu Wars has failed can we finally accept that the only new Star Wars trilogy that should exist is a KOTOR trilogy?

Her work is not done yet.

>Kennedy is the current Darth Traya
Ok who betrayed her and drove her to the darkside?

>SWTOR retconned it so Kreia is just some random crazy sith lady
>the exile is just a jedi who lost and regained force powers, none of the wound in the force stuff
>Nihilus was just some sith dude and no eating the force stuff, instead that's something only the Sith Emperor in SWTOR can do

The Force did. For being a gender neutral force of nature.

TOR was a mistake

nah disney would ruin it

Did Avellone fuck some Bioware guy's wife or something? Why did they shit on it so hard?

>failed
>making over $5bil worldwide since 2015 is somehow a failure

It could have done much better.

thats still not failure though. they've already made their money back after three movies.

Only with evil-Revan ending for Kotor 1.

too bad they rekt the IP and no one wants to watch the next ones

At this point, it's best to just give up on Star Wars until it completely changes hands.

That includes EA losing the videogame franchise.

From the stories I've heard about Avellone I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

Based Bioware BTFOing Avellone's juvenile self-insert out of existence.

I always preferred dark side male Revan and lightside female Exile myself. A shame you can't get the handmaiden if the Exile is a girl though, she adds a lot more to the story than the Disciple.

Pretty tragic when that self-insert is one of the only semi-decent characters the Star Wars franchise has produced

Wow, Sephiroth really let himself go after his gender reassignment...

>>making over $5bil worldwide since 2015 is somehow a failure
Would love to know how you figured that one out

>Star Wars is a modern take on classic Hollywood storytelling, Lucas' interest in experimental cinema and mythic archetypical storytelling tropes.

>No no, we just want the reddit edgelord 'muh deconstruction' dark story that completely misses the point of Star Wars.

How about no.

If you putrid faux nerds ejected yourselves from the fandom, that would be very good for Disney.

When you've got nothing wanting assumes an importance it wouldn't normally have.

Most of the expanded universe was poodoo.

Finally all the cringe fans no longer like my star wars. Fucking finally. Got so tired of "this eu book" or "in kotor 2" or "vroom vroom lightsabers." I was born in 89, and my whole fucking life I've had to put up with these fucking faggots who think they are so fucking superior when it comes to star wars because they got into all the extra stuff. I just loved the fucking movies. I had the original OT VHS set and watched religiously. I saw the special edition releases in theaters in the 90s. I saw all the prequels. I enjoy all star wars movies. I cannot STAND the faggot fan base. Honestly, if they drop the franchise after this, good. Fuck them. Sure I don't agree completely with the direction, but fuck off calling me a shill or some shit for liking the movie. I like what I like and you faggots can kill yourselves if it makes you that upset. What happened to individual thought? Why do you faggots have to have collective thinking about everything? What the fuck happened to AMERICA? Where the fuck is the power of freedom of thought and being an individual? Fuck, you entitled pieces of shit probably always got what you wanted growing up. Probably got all the star war toys because
your faggot parents were bad at raising you. Probably never got a fucking whipping in your lives. WAHHHHH MY SPACE FANTASY! It's a fucking children's story that adults can enjoy. That's it. Grow up and let me like what I want to. Go hit your yuzan bong and shut the fuck attacking anyone who likes it.

I think you got it wrong there, friend. Most of the haters aren't even EU nerds, just casual viewers afraid of feeemales and darkies. I spent my childhood EU LARPing and I'm loving the Disney flicks.

So RLM is right, every interesting take on SW or a story that's different beyond the "small group of rebels vs. big powerful empire" is somehow missing the point of SW? How fucking boring and lame is that.

It’s pasta, m8.

>trilogy
Is Tortanic really considered the third part of the story?

fuck off its not pasta these faggots are stealing my thoughts and yes fuck you EU fags and ESPECIALLY you kotor 2 fags

Kotor2 is the definitive Star Wars experience. Debate me.

said nobody ever. At least pick KOTOR 1 if you're going to have such a shit opinion.

that friend simulator also says ensemble casts aren't allowed

Read my post again, it doesn't have to be familiar stories retold over and over ad nauseam, it just shouldn't descend into the over-tired post-modern edginess and faux intellectualism of 'genre deconstruction' in the way that KOTOR 2 does.

Star Wars should strive to tell new stories in the same style that it was conceived in, any of this modern day post-The Dark Knight nuanced grittiness is dishonest and insincere to the source material.

>you were the bad guy all along

Bioware quality writing.

Haven't played #2, but the Daddy Katarn series was really fun. I hope we get more fun Star Wars games after Episode 9 is done. I guess they're not doing it now to avoid stepping on toes since the canon is now flat instead of hierarchical? It's really weird having less than three games to put under the tree when a new movie is out.

redit letter media don't have real opinions. They are only in it for the money. They waited so long for their review because they wanted to ride the back lash wave. Their feelings were hurt after the shit people gave them over their previous reviews so they wanted to be business sound. They are legit frauds and you should not watch them. Also jay is a fag.

Who cares? It's more fun, interesting and in-depth that the bare bones writing of the movies.

I need somebody to answer my question on Boa-Dur's status at the end of Kotor 2.

Was he supposed to die on Telos?

i read somewhere that he was meant to die helping hk47 get to the factory.

Only the first two films are any good, all other canonical contributions to the IP are shite.

>Did Avellone fuck some Bioware guy's wife or something
worse, he is a white male

do it again in a few weeks with a regular "how do we go from this...."

Rian will give us Revan in his new trilogy. /ourguy/

>no one wants to watch the next ones
I do. I'm really looking forward it, even. I hope we get getting Dark Side Rey.

Kotor 2 is great, but I wouldn't call it the definitive SW experience. It's clearly Star Wars, but there are other things that are just as much Star Wars that have little in common with it.

KOTOR is the only true Star Wars

>Rey
>meaningful character flaw
Do you honestly believe that?

Yes. Look at her fight, or trying to bash Luke's head in with a stick, or being immediately tempted by the dark side.
She's going to fall in IX, and it will be great.

Bioware have the same shit over and over again
generic setting + semi interesting character + muh choice you side with X or Y or some slight diffirent of X or Y
eh i like Kotor2 but it look and feel far from Star Wars experience it like some other fantasy with star war shit slap in