Former WB Employee Calls Wonder Woman a Mess, Slams Zack Snyder

>The letter was posted to the website Pajiba under the name Gracie Law, which is a reference to Kim Cattrall's character in Big Troulbe in Little China. The former employee claims that she has had the letter sitting around ever since Man of Steel came out, but Suicide Squad was what made her finally want to publish it. She was very specifically hard on Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara and Justice League director Zack Snyder. Much of her frustration stems from Tsujihara's decision to lay off a ton of studio employees in order to support filmmakers, but the studio has "dropped the ball" repeatedly.

>"What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. Maybe Wonder Woman wouldn't be such a mess. Don't try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it's another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over."

Do how do they explain two years of articles like this? Why were so many news outlets so desperate to prove the movie was bad? What happens in the future when more of these "rumors" come out about DC movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gq4KGOMMgn0?t=2m34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
*BREATHES IN*
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

sounds like to me they fired the right person.

This was probably the same person who leaked that Suicide Squad was going to be good.

REEEEE
GIVE MY JOB BACK WB
I'M SORRY I LIED ABOUT WONDER WOMAN
GIVE IT BACK
I WANT IT BACK!!!

By "two years of articles" you mean this one, single anonymously sourced opinion that every website ran with because they knew how many clicks they'd get?

My absolute FAVORITE DCEU rumor was the batman one with the directors.

My favorite was the batman rumors with Matt Reeves.
>"Deal didn't fall through! DCucks some suicide watch!
Deal is official
>"B-But no Battfleck!"
Ben literally tweets "welcome to that Batt cave" on twitter
>"I'm not seeing the camera crew or set directors, or anything. A-HA! Take that!"

shit I'm tired. Well it's been fun. can't wait to see more drama over this tomorrow.

The issue here is twofold: this news is now proven completely, undeniably fake, which calls into question the vetting process of the news sites that covered it. If they published this completely fake article, what else are they publishing that is not true?

The second, larger question is what the original source of the news is, and why was it created? Was it Marvel fanboys trying to shit on DC? Disney's marketing department? The sites themselves fishing for clicks?

There is an entire market of anti-DC clickbait out there, and you have to wonder "why?"

I find it hard to believe this movie will actually be good, but maybe it will be.

People want to read about drama and epic failures, not successes.

>Do how do they explain two years of articles like this?
Because its probably true.

Gal Gadot literally can't act. I have zero doubt these current strong reviews are yet another Ghostbusters situation and that the RT will drop by the time of actual release.

I'd be shocked if they were higher than mid 70s desu.

Fake News has been a thing for a long time but has become far more rampant lately. I'm thinking it was a legit fired employee that was mad, so to get revenge she tried to dip into WB's profits.

Sup Forums BFTO

marvel studios final have some competition.

>11 top critics so far rated it positively
>"I find it hard to believe this will actually be good"

Just keep making excuses.

True. Most real news sources have vetting processes but the rise of Brietbart (and fall of Fox) have created outlets for fictitious stories to get blasted out. Plus social media has made it possible to circumvent actual journalistic scrutiny.

I'll reserve judgement. It might be fun enough to enjoy it.

Why is there so much smear campaign fake news against DC?

Will the employee face ramifications for trying to sabotage this?

Smear campaign against DC.

Still, BvS would be received much better if it was Ultimate cut version showed up.

And while Suicide Squad rumors for reshoots to add quips are false, it's clear that original material was done unjustice, solely based on that scenes that were in trailers like Joker with grenade weren't in final version nor in "extended cut".

Still, RT is credible only for Mcucks, with Alien Covenant and Kong rated as good movies and Gold, Live by Night and Free Fire as bad.

Jews

Kong Skull Island is a good movie.

Disney wants to push back the capeshit fatigue all they can because they have to recoup a 4 billion investment making $150M in profit in each movie. They had a good grip on media outlets because they spend more in marketing than the other 4 biggest studios put together and most of internet podcast make their living off online ads. Smearing DC they get less capeshit every year, pushing the dreaded capeshit fatigue away and increasing their chances of getting their money back

Live by Night and Free Fire are bad movies

This so much. Not to mention they're scared of Batman, AKA King Capeshit.

Disney paid for hit pieces and got B T F O

Live by Night was not great, but it was nowhere near as bad as reviews suggested.

why did Gold get shit on? was it because Matthew didn't really care about the election or something?

>Critics Consensus: Thrilling, earnest, and buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance, Wonder Woman succeeds in spectacular fashion.
>Thrilling, earnest, and buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance
>buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance
>charismatic performance

Huh.

top critics so far rated it positively

Probably only because feminism.

Why "huh"? You should be used to being wrong by this point

turns out directors can push for good performances if they give a shit to.

Sure, They said she was the best part of BvS as well so I'm not buying it.

>Batman busts sex traffickers
>Disney is afraid of him
Hypercrisis?

They are on Sup Forums aswell. Disney knows social media has well replaced traditional marketing.

No we're not.

I'm honestly looking forward to seeing this supposedly charismatic performance with my own two eyes. Gal Gadot has always struck me as a basic bitch with a pretty face and very little in the way of acting talent or charisma. If she can somehow change my mind with this one "charismatic" performance, I'll be blown away.

This open letter always seemed like bullshit. It sounds like it was written by some obsessive nerd and not a WB employee.

There was one scene she had with Chris Pine where they were bickering which if you asked me, showed the most expression in her performance than she has ever in her career where she just acts like a stoic Fem Fatale action bitch (F&F/Jones)

The source should've been considered that these were the rantings of a "ex" employee which should've been taken with a grain of salt that this was someone lashing out that they were fired.

I just want to know who and why

>I just want to know who and why

I mean it was either a Marvel fanboy, Disney marketing, or a clickbait site.

None of those make Marvel look good bit the question is which one did it?

>kong
>alien
>bad

eat shit

It's a conspiracy, OP. Clearly it's all that Disney money being spread around.

It's the only explanation for how BvS got such bad reviews. I mean, it's ' work of art. Obviously.

Alien covenant was good. Fuck off Sup Forums. too much cuck posting has ruined you.

Do you think the people crying "shill" and proposing company war conspiracy theories actually believe that DC and Marvel are paying critics and running smear campaigns, or is it shitposting?

At this point I really can't tell.

>Robert Gabel Jr...

Wait so we trust reviewers and RT now?
...But that means the Snyder films actually WERE bad.

Nobody over the age of 14 actually likes Snyder's movies. You've been trolled.

Write in your next post "Wonder Woman is better than Iron Man and GotG" and I'll admit that as a Snyder fan. Fair is fair

Hello. We are talking about a blatantly fake article pushed all over the internet that shit on Wonder Woman. No one mentioned BvS but you.

In the future, please read the OP before commenting. Thanks!

you should see the same mouse cucks claiming WB bribed critics and that RT is not to be trusted

Can you address why the fake article in the OP was written?

I said it's all a CONSPIRACY!!!!

And you're ALL in on it. Every last mouse-humping one of you!

Do you MCUfags now realize how critics are a bunch of fucks?

Because in no fucking way is this movie better than MoS and BvS.

It was thanks to Snyder why Wonder Woman is out today instead of 2023. It was his idea that the setting should be WW1 and his decision the director. He may not have directed Wonder Woman, but even Patty Jenkins thanks him for his contribution.

He's also listed as story writer and producer and also has a cameo. As much as critics hate to admit it, he was crucial in Wonder Woman being what it is.

>Because in no fucking way is this movie better than MoS and BvS.

Even Michael Bay has directed better movies than those heaping piles of fly-infested horse shit.

And Wonder Woman looks ace, you just have shit taste.

Critics don't have a bone to pick with Zack Snyder despite what some overly-sensitive (and very deluded) fanboys would like to believe. It just so happens most of his movies are not very good.

>Even Michael Bay
>Even
Aye, it doesn't surprise me that Marvel fanboys have no idea what Michael Bay is capable of. Were you even alive during The Rock? Or Armageddon? Or Pain & Gain and 13 Hours? MCU could dream they had a director of that calibre doing their glorified TV show films. Instead you're stuck with the fucking Russos and Snyder's assistant.

It was ok. The scariest part was the little shits in the long grass and it more like a gorey thriller than horror

Armageddon is literally one of the worst movies ever made. Deep Impact was twice as good as it was. And Deep Impact was also shit.

As I said, you have shit taste.

When all is said and done. There is credit to give for Zack Snyder. He may not direct good movies, but he might shine better a producer. Guy that hires Larry Fong can't be all that bad. Also James Cameron and MCU directors seem to dig his style.

Keep pretending you know shit about cinema thinking you're clever for claiming Bay is shit while simultaneously shilling for the visual garbage that is the MCU. If MCU had a director a fraction as skilled as Bay, then maybe those films would actually be watchable. Bay has been doing films for longer than you've been born.

Zack Snyder is an exceptional film director. His only mistake has been assuming more of critics than they deserve. 300 alone has innovated more than most Hollywood directors manage through a lifetime of filmmaking.

>have no idea what Michael Bay is capable of

Ninja Turdles: Rise From the Toilets

DCEU appologists are having an existential meltdown now.

> "Bet you marvel fucks are shitting the bed huh?!"

No, you can't project this onto someone else guys, this is your disaster to suffer through.

What the fuck are you even ranting about you sad fuck?

Not nearly dark enough, now if they were fighting in a warehouse that would be much better.

Woah there son you sound angry. I'm just glad the DCEU finally put out a decent movie that can challenge Marvel and force them to be more on their game.

Jesus, as a proud DC cuck this scares me. Is the secret to Rotten Tomates making every DCEU film from now on about a woman?

No. RT is sometimes right and sometimes wrong. It's a good sign when RT paints the movie favorably but in no way equivalent to "this movie is good."
A website that rates Iron Man 3 higher than A Beautiful Mind is not an accurate decider of quality.
>that shot
I don't remember it looking this bad, is this pre-release material?

I'm 36. And you still have shit taste.

Of course you would have a thing for Michael Bay's films. Tell me how you feel about Paul W.S. Anderson.

Yes, we can probably expect the Captain Marvel movie to be a solid 100%

> I don't remember it looking this bad, is this pre-release material?

And heavily desaturated in photoshop too.

At the cost of getting normies to love the DCEU, it is now spearheaded by Israeli women.

Marvel films get let off the hook because they're beloved normie shit anyway.

SHUT UP MARVEL DRONE
BURN FOR GHAZA

Literally better than every single film in the DCEU. (except Wonder Woman, apparently)

>Jesus, as a proud DC cuck
Are marlels still playing the concern troll game?

RT doesn't "rate" anything. The score is reflective of what percentage of published critics recommend the movie.

A 90% score means that 90% of people gave it a favorable review. It doesn't mean the film is inherently better than a lower scoring film, just that it holds wider appeal.

This is literally what the director of Dr. Strange was talking about when he had to remind people that his film's high score wasn't reflective of its quality.

>I'm 36
Holy shit 36 and you know nothing about cinema? That's sad. Bet you think you're clever and you "fit in" with the online crowd for shitting on Bay while completely ignorant on the fact that Bay has more talent than the entire MCU director collective put together.

Nope, it looks exactly like that. Just checked.
youtu.be/Gq4KGOMMgn0?t=2m34s
2:34. Also
>Yes, we can probably expect the Captain Marvel movie to be a solid 100%
Hahah

This is currently a huge quandry for the people who have aligned themselves with DCEU's direction up until this point. Should they be happy for Skwad being profitable by being turned into a cheap GOTG rip-off and WW for being well reviewed because of feminism or should they stick to their guns because they still defend the Snyder films?

If that's your only take-away, you deserve to be a DC cuck.

Okay, we need a new name for Marlels.

I'm thinking Marlets.

Still better cinematography than the warehouse fight in BvS sadly.

Do not respond to this guy, Mr. 36. He's baiting you hard and you just keep falling for it.

>Most real news sources have vetting processes
Journalism died with Hunter.

Wonder Woman has always been female. I think you're mad that despite MCU wanting to appear cool with the nu-males, they still refuse to take any risks at all.

I know plenty about cinema, but I also know that you like the majority of Zack Snyder and Michael Bay's output. Which means you have shit taste. You can call them "mistunderstood geniuses" or whatever idiots like you usually say to defend the garbage that pollutes your Netflix queue, but you can't deny that your taste is objectively shit.

You realize the quality of a movie and its cinematography is more than just how many PS2 cgi cutscenes Zack Snyder can fit into an otherwise uncanny mess right?

Until you look at the "average rating" aggregate that they have and realize the people who collectively awarded The Force Awakens an 8.2/10 are complete retards.
RT and Metacritic are, as you've said, aggregates. And they don't necessarily reflect the quality of their movies (as we see with the majority of the MCU).

If you hate on Snyder you're objectively a cuck. Don't do it to yourself just to fit in with the Marlel crowd. Your days are numbered on Sup Forums.

Wow son, that's alot of projection and assumptions. You should calm down.

Said the tripfag.

>movie looks like verifiable garbage
>b-but Zack Snyder CGI
Vision in that shot looks more fake than any CG scene in BvS including Doomsday.

>the absolute state of mcucks right now
At least we all agree that RT isn't reliable and Civil War was a piece of shit now

Quiet, Rooney. You're the guy who's upset that a DC film is finally good. Go sit in the corner like a good little idiot.

I disagree.

>now
Most people on this board got over the hype after like 2 weeks and realized it was trash.