Does nobody proofread this shit? I refuse to believe that during 2 years of production and spending 200mil...

Does nobody proofread this shit? I refuse to believe that during 2 years of production and spending 200mil, not a single exec at Disney somewhere along the chain picked up the script and went "woah what the fuck is this." Like you could just tell from the look on Hamill's face that he wasn't happy with it, surely a few others must have picked up on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOdobc7jtQo
youtube.com/watch?v=e6I4zZNk76M
youtu.be/uQR6r6uRA9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lucas did his first draft of TPM about two months before shooting began, so possibly not

I said this in an other thread
Disney has no intention to make good movies
It's all about social engineering

A guy on YouTube (won’t say his name because I don’t want to be called a shill) argued that the people who made The Last Jedi were incapable of making a good Star Wars movie because they have no real sense of morality, which the original trilogy and prequels heavily relied on. They weren’t careless on purpose, the cinematography, score, and acting is generally good, they just lack a fundamental understanding of good and evil to craft a story that’s satisfying and sensible.

Disney is souless. They only know how to exploit princess stories and child actors/singers.

how do you educate in the ways of the mouse?

cassus belli to fire the entire upper echelon of lucasfilm without being called sexist. the mouse always wins because he owns the entire deck.

They probably had many people proofread it and most of them probably realized it was shit.
But you have seen their damage control methods.
"Are you against women?" "Are you against minorities?" "Are you a nazi?"

This sentient must be much much stronger inside Disney. They must have been too scared to criticize anything.

I saw that video, too. I really liked his take on this whole situation.

they did have focus groups and story groups, but from Kennedy's comments, those focus groups were all female ('I don't owe the male audience anything')....Don't you get it yet? this movie was made specifically for the female audience. To broaden the market and also females spend more money on shit they get hyped for (the music industry knows this for a long time).....Look at reviewers, all the female reviewers defend and like this movie. only males don't.....killing off snoke non chalantly and having emo badboy Ren as the big bad guy reeks of female focus group taste (a bad guy love interest)....the force is female, this movie is female fantasy and it is really bad

The problems with the writing go well beyond the good-evil duality.

>those focus groups were all female

Is that legit?

you don't have time for morality when you gotta YASS QUEEN SLAY

No, that's impossible and insane

Can some user give me a name, or at least a hint

Saw this last night. It was terrible.

It’s actually amazing that The Last Kino made it thru the Disney council without getting chopped up into an agreeable film for the plebian masses

I dunno man..the same thing happened for all 3 prequels

Post the video you fucks

The movie does exactly what it is supposed and is exactly what Disney paid for.

The mask slips... as they say.

I'm guessing they're talking about this video
youtube.com/watch?v=vOdobc7jtQo

Ok Rian JJ almost destroyed everything about Star Wars but we need you to finish it off for you.
>R
you got it boss

Lucas was fully in charge with no one to tell him no then.

>Can some user give me a name, or at least a hint
Just have the video
youtube.com/watch?v=e6I4zZNk76M

To them morality is empowering seemingly oppressed and underrepresented minorities which in turn will make society better and more equal. It is Good Vs evil in their mind, but evil means opposing sociopolitical views.

>Rian kills all the plotlines from Force Awakens other than the First Order winning
did he literally forget it's a trilogy

To them evil is people with European ancestry.

Particularly men with European ancestry.

Luckily for them hating white people is no more racist than hating men is sexist.

Revenge of the Sith was good you pleb.

Scripts can change as late as during filming. Usually the execs would have the pre-shoot shooting script only.
Example:
Ginger Snaps shooting script: last act is in the green house halloween party and involves the massacre of some of the teens
Ginger Snaps movie: last act is in the girl's house and only involves 3 characters

why did this movie treat the republic and the resistance as the same entity?

Then why did they have two white women "no sweetie" an African, Latino, and Asian?

As said, Disneys objective with the film wasn't to make money by getting people to pay to see an entertaining movie.

Hamill is a crybaby who can't get over the fact Luke isn't the Saga's main character anymore.
He couldn't throw a tantrum when the Prequels came out because Luke wasn't born by then, but with the Sequels being announced he probably thought he'd be back at the forefront of the story.
He needs to understand he is an ACTOR and actors do not OWN CHARACTERS.
Mark Hamill needs to shut his whore mouth up.

Look up what pleb means you brain dead...you know...actual pleb.

That user is very naive. It's not that they're unconsciously amoral, that they just happen to not "get" the morality of the OT: they were hired precisely to subvert the thousands-of-years-old myth about the hero who defeats evil into post-modern relativist trash.

They are evil people purposefully trying to poison the well of our culture. If you're an evil megacorporation that wants to enslave people in a consumerist prison, it's in your interest to produce brainwashed drones who cannot distinguish good from evil. For that, you have to attack every source of their previous moral education, including popular media. That's the point of the whole thing.

Only a pleb follows mass popular media opinion that tells him to hate the prequels and adopts the opion that RotS sucks without being able to appreciate that it's actually good.

They said in the text crawl that the first order basically destroyed the republic between TFA and the start of TLJ, NuWars for you. IIRC the planet they blew up in the first film was the temporarily homeworld of the republic (it was on a rotational basis apparently) so it absolutely fucked the leadership

Its different bro... rian subverted all of us!

did it annoy anyone else when kylo compared the jedi to the sith as if the sith were still relevant? does rian even know what sith means or does he just think its "le opposite of jedi xD!!!"

Because the evil they are fighting is white male patriarchy and those white women are victims of it just as much as the noble PoC.

Just remember, Furthest From White Is Always Right. It's a heirarchy and people's evilness/nobility is determined by where on the spectrum they fit.

Can you come up with a single coherent justification for the sequel trilogy not being about good defeating evil? Do you interpret the first order as good guys? Do you think Luke Skywalker is the protagonist? Try to explain your reasoning here.

Of course it is about good defeating evil as Progressives see it.

It is about noble women and people of colour defeating the evil white men.

It's about the Resistance, who are good guys, defeating the First Order, who are bad. You're so mentally degenerated you can only think in terms of identity, and you project that onto everyone else.

Obviously the resistance is good. They are women and PoC.

Similarly the First Order are clearly evil because they are white men.

Don't take my word for it. Read what Progressives are posting on twitter. And in their weekly columns in the NYTimes and Guardian and Huffpo on the BBC and...

The point is to kill heroes.

They don't really care about money.

Usually I would agree with you, but Rian said pretty much what that user said, but without sounding like a Sup Forums reject. So did JJA.

The sequel trilogy is about "burying your past" and "letting go of your idols", it's the post-modern grey synthesis to the Jedi/Sith thesis-antithesis. Luke now believes that the Jedi must die in order to resolve the old dialectical battle of good vs. evil. Kylo is the main villain, yet his main philosophical point of view (that the Jedi are hypocrites) is reinforced throughout the movie. Rey finds that the supposed hero is a disappointing coward and grows disenchanted with him. Snoke (total evil) and Luke (total good in the OT) both die, giving way to a new generation that is profoundly disenchanted with their masters and the tradition they represent. This is reflected also in lesser sub-plots, like DJ's speech about the corrupted morality of both "good" and "evil" sides of the conflict.

This is the philosophical core of the movie. If you missed it you're getting caught up on the superficial level, on the cartoonish "bad guys" underlined by scary music being opposed by a sympathetic "resistance". You have to look at what the movie says about the antagonism of good vs. evil on a deeper level.

>Finn: At least you're stealing from the bad guys and helping the good.
>DJ: Good guys, bad guys, made-up words. Let's see who formerly owned this gorgeous hunk-uh. Ah, this guy was an arms dealer. Made his bank selling weapons to the bad guys. (hologram shows a tie fighter) Oh... And the good. (hologram shows a x-wing) Finn, let me learn you something big. It's all a machine, partner. Live free, don't join.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What are you all talking about? TFA is pretty much a remake of ANH. All the elements are there. The empire is now the first order, the rebels are the resistance, Rey is from Tatooine and doesn't know her potential until she gets unwillingly involved in the whole space drama much like Luke.

If anything the Sequels made Good and Evil even more clear cut than the OT. There's no ambiguity anymore like the OT had with Vader's past or Solo's shady dealings. This time it's literally perfect heroes vs irredeemable villains. It's more childish and cartoonish than ever before.

I always thought if it as spirituality but yeah. Thats exactly what i thought as well.

See, this is what it looks like to have no sense of right and wrong. Morality to online neo-nazis means race, so much so that obvious acts of cartoonish evil (ie blowing up a planet) don't register. It would be nice if they some degree of self-awareness about it though.

Luke decides that the Jedi should continue, actually. Trying to add a bit of complexity and ambiguity doesn't make it a nihilist story.

Yeah, but on the one hand they show this as a good thing, and on the other as a bad thing.
Both takes kind of defeat the philodophy itself.
It's still about good vs bad and the Neutrals are viewed as worst than the Bad.
Basically, it's the SJW and Sup Forums mentality: you need to be part of the fight or you're the ennemy.

If you hate Sup Forums, you you also hate White civilization.

>anti white gynocentric mysandrist matriarchy
>good

You dipshit. They are evil in the real world not because of some plot contrivance where white men are cartoonishly bad and blow up a planet.

The people in charge of nuWars would rather Disney go bankrupt than make a stupid space movie that white men might enjoy paying to see.

That is just the truth of it.

>implying this is bad storytelling

It's classic.

Kylo Ren and DJ are VILLAINS you autist

I hate everyone.

If you don't hate white civilisation enough a tolerant progressive will smash in your teeth with a baseball bat.

Choose your side wisely.

Maybe they are able to separate reality from fantasy and realize who wrote that shit in the first place.

And yet the First Order is shown to be much more diverse than the Empire in the previous movies. There are female and minority First Order characters unlike the Empire in the originals. Yet all of a sudden you see the First Order and not the Empire as being the evil white people. You’re so delusional.

There aren't anyvilians in TLJ EVEN some has such a gold time. Remember badguys win. Good guys sacrifice themselves for the greatergood that is they die so that the state may have a good time.

This post was half written by predictive text.

Right, so the logic here is that because the Resistance have female leaders and non-white characters, therefore they're like real-world progressives, which makes them bad and the movie amoral/nihilist. It hinges purely on the identity of the actors and not on any of the events, dialogue or values of the film. If you want to communicate more clearly in the future then state your actual arguments at the start.

You logic is ass backwards. The evil people are evil because they are running am extortion racket by blowing up planets and systems and shit. Then you notice oh hey all the evil guys are white guys hmm so strange.

Basically you are a retard and its the other way around. SJWs dont see morality they see race. Blacks are innocent and their incarceration rates are high because they are persecuted by the white police. Not because of actual criminal shit they do. Oh hey we hate white males and think they are everything wrong with the world, and we are writing a movie what should the bad guys be? Oh yeah white males fighting for their Supremacy... Yeah..

You are a shill or an idiot. I hope you are at least getting paid.

The OT was mostly white male rebels vs. mostly white male Empire.

Not an ethnic conflict but a philosophical concept.

nuWars is women and people of colour vs white men. It is a race war and as far as the people making it are concerned the white men are the orks.

There are a few race traitors on both sides, but let's face it, everyone knows which side represents what and no one is going to thank the people who choose the side they are not coded for by their skin colour and genetailia.

Both these series were great though.

The characters that say those things are all bad guys. By the end the good guys including Luke reject those mindsets and affirm the virtue of being good and not nihilistic. Luke decides to be good in the end, embrace hope, and stop hiding.
Honestly how can you miss this. If the bad guys say something and in the end the heroes fight back against that, then the film isn’t advocating what the bad guys said it is doing the opposite.
It makes the “evil white bad guys” more ambiguous if anything but it doesn’t make the good guys stop being good. A little complexity to the villians isn’t a bad thing.

Jedi are Christians. When you think of it like that it makes perfect sense.

LUKES DEATH WAS GREAT BECAUSE NOSTALGIA!
REMEMBER TWO SUNS ON THE HORIZON? REMEMBER THAT?!

allegedly iger loved johnson's approach and basically gave him free rein
lucas started writing tpm in '94. shooting started in '97. lucas also had total control, so there were no proofreaders

Kennedy had an 8 person 'story team' - 6 were women, not including herself. Disney trusted them for some insane reason, and didn't have anyone with story sense and Disney HQ looking over their shoulders.

Ep8 was supposed to be ESB in the sense the story goes wild, and the directors/writers (the story team - not really Johnson) show something special. Being women, the rest is history.

Then why did it feel like the writers were killing Luke by teabagging him with two giant balls of fire?

>thats a cheap trick

What are you talking about? When we see the Rebel leadership it is litterally a woman and a diverse group of aliens in the OT. It is hardly any diffent from the sequels. Give me a break.
youtu.be/uQR6r6uRA9k

>arms dealer sells to the bad guys
>arms dealer also sells to the good guys
>this somehow invalidates him being a bad guy for selling to the bad guys
>this somehow invalidates the good guys being the good guys because they had to buy their stuff somewhere

How? This is just a greedy arms dealer. There is no underlying deep truth in this. Finns statement still holds true, even if he reached his conclusion without having seen the full picture.
A theoretical third party making profit of a conflict does not magically change the moral classification of the other parties involved. The FO is still the bad guys, not because of the hamfisted nazi imagery, but because they murdered billions of people, most of them being civilians. And the resistance is still the good guys for trying to stop genocidal fascists. The whole talk between DJ and Finn was just stupid.

>Be one of the last Jedi; an ancient quasi-religious order that teaches lessons like learning to forgive, that even the most foul of people can be redeemed, and that only Siths deal in absolutes
>Father is SpaceHitler, killed all the Spacejews days before I was born
>Go to confront him, sense that he can go back to being good. He's conflicted despite being responsible for literally millions of death and the destruction of a planet.
>Decide I want to teach people how to Jedi again
>One of my students is my nephew
>Sense the family curse of darkness in him. Just a small bit
>What are my options? Try and subtly divert him away from darkness using subterfuge and well hidden lessons like a Jedi would because force can't be applied to everything?
>Or I can just straight-up murder him. Clearly more evil than my evil dad.
>What was that thing Yoda was talking about? >“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.”
>Surprised when he turns evil
>Now I spend my time waiting to die but I left a map incase anyone wanted to find me even though I'm done being a Jedi

>the first order isn’t bad because they’re nazis
>the resistance is good because they’re fighting fascists
Do you happen to know the first order has fascist tax policy or are you retarded?

I see you just happened to ignore the genocidal part

Obviously the first order are fascists. They are white men. Duh.

i dont believe this. if they were just trying to copy the forms of star wars without any of the meaning they still wouldnt made what they made.
all the subversion was there intentionally, either by directive or by rian's own input

I see you’re trying to deflect from the fact that you can’t maintain a consistent set of claims.

Honestly, I think Rogue One did a better job of delivering this message. It would have hit home harder that sometimes the heroes have to make morally questionable choices for the greater good if it showed it on screen instead of trying to tell us it in such a lazy way.

>Show actual act of arms dealing/ other shady act that's critical to the Resistance's success
>Have main characters stumble upon it
>They think it's FO at first but quickly come to realize that it's their guys
>Insert scenes about questioning morality of group and why you follow it.

Not those guys, but search in youtube for:
David Stewart
or possibly
Douglas Ernst
Both talked about it. Both hit those points, both actually left me thinking.

Incidentally, one of the many things I dislike about Gender Wars is that they keep trying to have the Rebels/Resistance have these non-heirarchical round table meeting becuase feminism.

SMOL

Because these scenes emulating this sort of thing from the OT where a bunch of guys sit down and listen to their commanding officer tell them the plan is just way too hetropatriarcal, hetronormative and white for current year.

I see your point
>acting is generally good
except this

Why do you plebs constantly shit out false information like this? He wrote up to three drafts.

Its also worth noting that the poc/women in the first order are all underlings being controlled since birth le ebil whyte males

>white males fighting for their Supremacy
>first order flagship is literally called 'Supremacy'
what did they mean by this?

The funny thing is, is that they are mostly white because they filmed in England....fast forward to today.....wonder what the cast would look like?

i think it makes sense, they are rebels from a defunct galactic republic

Turbo feminist do.

They all thought is was brilliant.

>Finding nigger and paki actors in mid '70s Britain

Good luck with that

still mostly white, unless they injected their ideology into casting

Race, homosexuality and gender identity are wedge issues the 1% use to trick poor white trash into voting against their own economic interests

Yeah right, the complex politics everyone kept cring about was crafted in the course of these 2 months. Fucking Disney fags would say anything to bash George