Is there any chance at all we'll ever see the Riddler in a film again?

Is there any chance at all we'll ever see the Riddler in a film again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8wFiABqDfjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4vFs-aYGvmU
youtube.com/watch?v=7fnt-t_wsHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stupid question. Batman won't ever die, so as long as humanity keeps going Riddler will show up in films over and over again.

Other villains will always take priority because Riddler is too hard to write.

Dini did it

SHIT

shouldve been johnny depp riddler in TDKR instead of Hardy making Bane into Connery with a facial deformity.

Not high.

Physically he doesn't pose much of a threat, and writers always have trouble writing his schemes and riddles.

>johnny depp riddler

Will Query & Echo ever appear in a film?

JUST

I literally created this meme years ago faggot.

I will not be wiping my own meme off of anything. I spread my memes like I spread my seed.

>I spread my memes like I spread my seed.

By your own hands?

Probably, but not for a while.

>Physically he doesn't pose much of a threat, and writers always have trouble writing his schemes and riddles.

This. Riddler would work in a more deduction/detective-based movie or serial format where Batman has to work out what each clue means, move on to the next. The riddles have to be really hard to prove both how smart Riddler and Batman are, since if they're easy or simple brain teasers, then why can't anyone else in Gotham's police force solve them? Which is a difficult proposition for even the best writers. And Riddler himself has never been a physical threat to Batman (there's probably a few instances of him putting up a fight, but no one ever says to Batman 'wow! You were able to defeat the Riddler in hand-to-hand combat?!'), so even the final confrontation between them won't really be that cinematic.

>Batman arrives. "I've solved your riddles, Riddler!"
>"But how?!"
>Batman explains
>Riddler pouts, takes a swing at Batman
>Batman pops him one
>fight over

make the riddler a bit more like jigsaw and he would be perfect for the second villain with the hidden agenda in any batman movie

He was pretty great in Batman V Superman

I feel like this is one of the reasons why we won't be seeing Penguin take a major role in a film any time soon.

He's only shown up once in a film and it was horrible.

Gotham's Riddler is literally the first good live-action actor to portray him since Frank fucking Gorshin. Prior to that, all we had to rely on for good non-comic Riddlers was the Arkham series and the three episodes he showed up in in B:TAS.

"by" should be "with" for your comment to make sense, foreignfag. And even still it's quite a flimsy comeback considering you're resorted to an intentional misunderstanding of a common phrase to do so.

A better comeback could've been "Into your sisters socks" or something.

This makes no sense, though. Joker was also not a physically imposing villain, all his tension was brought on by schemes and fucking with Batman mentally. The main difference between him and Riddler's motives is that Riddler wants to find someone who will be his better half and Joker just wants to break people to be like him.

Yes, putting a meme into someone's socks makes a lot of sense.

And to do something 'by your own hands' means doing it yourself.

So congratulations. By trying to look smart, you've actually shown you're a dumbass.

lol

Didn't know the actual Edward Nigma was in this thread.

>still blames op for Snyder deciding to use Bane in Dark Knight Rises instead of Riddler
Yes, your FUCKING SHIT JUST GOT REAL SPAMMING IT'S STILL ALL YOUR FAULT

Snyder didn't make Dark Knight Rises and you sound slightly upset

Who's purple and green, commits lots of crime?
Whose super power is wasting your time?

Probably this, sadly. Best we can hope for is a one-off scene.

How do you spread a meme into a sock?

Just do what Gotham did.
>A single clue left behind to his whereabouts
>He says a riddle relevant to the situation before unleashing death trap
>He has a death trap and wants the person to just answer random riddles to test their knowledge

Writers act like they have to do some weird avant garde bullshit to pull him off.

By your own hands.

>arkham riddler
>good
>not mentioning The Batman Riddler

>Arkham Riddler
I'm speaking strictly of his personality, not the asinine "collect 'em all" trophies.
youtube.com/watch?v=8wFiABqDfjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4vFs-aYGvmU
I think he's fantastic in this and still think it sucks he's stuck as just a side quest every single time. Also giving him a robot in the final game was really fucking stupid.

>The Batman Riddler
They got his personality down, but what they did with his mannerisms, voice, and design, he may as well have been an entirely new villain.

Bane was the best thing to happen to capeshit.

With the current trend of studios having to churn out capeshit on a conveyor belt, I think Riddled would be too hard and time consuming to write for Hollywood writers.

The only way we'all get a decent Riddler is if WB puts someone who has a passion for Batman like Snyder, Nolan, or the Arkham writers on it.

The Batman Riddler is good, he just has virtually nothing to do with the Riddler

youtube.com/watch?v=7fnt-t_wsHQ

But Burton directed the first two films, not TDK trilogy.

GOT

>He dislikes Arkhamverse Eddie (best Eddie) but likes shitty Manson from The Batman

I want to kick your ass.

>He's only shown up once in a film and it was horrible.
RIDDLE ME THIS!

Why is user like a manure truck?

At least I know you read comics. But the normies Nealy ruined that for us with Nolan.

The 66 Batman movie is basically a TV special and you know it. A glorious, masterfully insane TV special but a TV special nonetheless.

I forgot how bad the musical stings were in that show.

>character says something
>five second pause for a sliding guitar riff

Jim Carrey was a good Riddler

Dini and the rest of the DCAU team admitted they found him the hardest to write.

Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones played two of my favourite Jokers.

Shame they called them Riddler and Two-Face.

Who would you like to play him?

Dennis Reynolds imo

I agree.
As much as people say Glenn Howerton should play the Joker, I'd think he'd do a much better job as the Riddler.

He certainly has the Arkham-style freakouts down

Honestly, his "Edward Nygma" identity was a legitimately decent template for a GOAT Riddler. It's a shame both he and TLJ were wasted on such poorly written characterizations, if they were allowed to take themselves a little more seriously, Batman Forever might have even been better than Burton's first two movies.

Justin Timberlake

>johnny depp

fucking noRMIES

Nah the Gang works Perfectly as Flash's rogues, no need to split them up
>Dennis=Leonard
>Dee=Lisa
>Mac=Heatwave
>Charlie=Trickster
>Frank=Turtleman

Well, at least I'm glad we didn't get that Riddler in your pic.

Anyway, it's possible somebody works some sort of hacker Riddler into the movie, but he would have to be along someone who guarantees a final fight full of CHI, because apparently it's how all sueprhero movies should end now.

Matthew Lillard (Shaggy) should be the next in line to play The Riddler

he's too old now. Did you see him in Twin Peaks?

Is Paul Bettany still acting?

Who would Cricket be

>mentions gorshin
>tries to prove him wrong by posting gorshin

well we know you're not the worlds greatest detective

Nah, last time I saw him was in The Descendants
But every Bat-related character in the DCEU is old ('cept Harley), so I don't think age matters. Lillard is almost as old as Affleck.

Jesse Eisenberg's Lex luthor would've been more palapable if he was playing Riddler.

Willem Dafoe should've been The Joker and Jared Leto should've been The Riddler. If you disagree with this you are just wrong

I disagree with Leto being the Riddler because he's never played a good villain once.

Dafoe as Joker could work though

Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor was the perfect Riddler.

He actually auditioned for Riddler
Riddler was going to be one of the villains and then Snyder/Terrio changed everything

Or was it Jimmy Olsen, I don't even remember anymore

>NPH
>Not David Tennant

go fuck yourself bowtie faggot

>clearly wearing a necktie

go fuck yourself bowtie faggot

I watched all of half of the first season of the revival

I didn't watch any because I'm not a fucking faggot

You sure act like one, but ok

And he didn't do it often because they said he's hard to write.

Riddler is only as smart as the writer and most comic writers aren't very smart.

>Clayface will never be in a live action movie
fuck

I thought I heard Riddler was rumored to be the villain in Birds of Prey

Just make him The Batman's version but with a better outfit.

Pied Piper maybe?

how do you know he hasn't been already ;^)

Or Jude law

MORGAN FREEDMAN

>Honestly, his "Edward Nygma" identity was a legitimately decent template for a GOAT Riddler
I agree. And honestly the casting was perfect too.
The only thing Burton's and Schumacher's movies have in common is that they picked perfect choices for the villains (and that includes Arnie as Freeze).
>It's a shame both he and TLJ were wasted on such poorly written characterizations
Yeah. As it's been said, it was a shame that they ended up just playing discount Jokers
>Batman Forever might have even been better than Burton's first two movies.
Wow okay let's not go that far.

Obviously, yes