/STD/ - predictions

What are your predictions for how they end this uneven as hell season?

>Kor reveal - I think Kor's spirit or whatever was put in Ash and will start to take over with the lady Klingons help
>Lorca reveal - the real Lorca died on his old ship and mirror Lorca will get called out
>Spore jumping - Stamets will be full on tardigrade now and Discovery will jump to other dimensions to explore or fix shit
>finale - black chick makes some huge sacrifice that gains Saru's respect and also resets everything so this show never happened.

Also welcome any thoughts on season 2. Kinda hope we get a whole new crew, setting, timeline and time setting.

The series is shit.

Not trying to be an STD apologist but every single Star Trek is awful for at least 1.5 seasons. If TNG was on today it wouldn't have made it past season 1.

>Hoping BASED MEGA POSTER shows up again tonight to post link. That user is the guy with the biggest dick on this board.

hopefully by canceling it

>literally an STD

Now that Star Trek is dead, is The Orville any good?

OH NONONO

this show is so incredible bad written.
the cast is bland as fuck, only the two captains were ok.
high school show tier crap, and i hoped for a star trek that would not be as dumb as the other while this is even a worse one.

STD has already been renewed for second season. I think Orville is good and look forward to it's second season as well. Sad they didn't air the true finale it left a bad taste in my mouth to not have some sort of ending, but I get Seth wants to keep fucking that hot Alara chick so he couldn't kill her in canon.

Literally the only redeeming thing about this show are the visuals.

>End of the season finale
>Camera goes dark
>The sultry voice of an African American male is heard saying, "computer, end program. save and encrypt holographic simulation under C:\\Sisko\african influence in Starfleet\"

I like Saru, but mainly cuz of the top tier makeup and the actor seems committed. Tilly is kinda cool too seeing a fat, zit faced, autismo in Trek is kinda crazy.
Michael is fucking awful though I will give you that.
I am such a die hard Trek fan that I am biased to just be happy we have this shit being made.

>mfw I just realized I am no better than the soyboy fags defending The Last Jedi

>Literally the only redeeming thing about this show are the visuals

but they even got the visuals wrong satan

I predict the white men did it.

You guys didn't like this? I get it is kinda gimmicky and doesn't make much sense, but to me this show has movie quality effects and this user is right.

i like the star trek universe, i liked the cast of next generation but i don't understand why star trek needs this dorky characters like tilly, i fucking hate her.
i want a science fiction show that is good written and not this dorky shit.

i laughed so hard about that.
but beside of that the visuals are great for a tv show.

Science fiction and even trek can do dorky characters really well. It's just that Tilly is a less enjoyable version of Barclay.

Interesting I like Tilly. You can tell there will be a scene that they somehow pop into where she is a Captain and matured. Just thought it was clever to not have every character be good looking and all that. It makes sense maybe some shit we can't cure and of course we will have fat people. Honestly, this is how entertainment is going people seem to want to be able to relate to characters more. We are gonna see more brown people, more fat people, more gays. I don't like it in some ways either, but the die is cast.

bump

I'm so glad I decided not to watch this, it sounds even worse than I imagined.

Give it a shot user there are some good moments. In fact (I know this board will roast me for this) I think the episode with Mudd having the time crystal thing was possible top 10 Trek episodes of all time. Not like #1 or anything but I thought it was great.

What do you guys think about how they do the future tech on this show? I really like how they have portrayed replicators and that mirror/hologram scene with Michael dressing was cool as fuck for being so simple.