Is this the best superhero movie villain ?

Is this the best superhero movie villain ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM
youtu.be/hN11P9AwPW0?t=2m5s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

Well you don't see thousands of Iron Mongers or General Zods at Comi-Cons, do you?

He was good for that movie

If you want to make a movie about Batman trying to maintain control (both of the city and his own morals) against a powerful destructive force then he was very well designed for that narrative. Change the hero or even the situation and he doesn't really work as well so it's not a joker I'd really be interested in seeing again but he was a good character.

The performance was great.
The character was terrible.

Which one is it user? Not sympathetic enough or not goofy enough?

Try not Joker enough.

If fan popularity determined "best" then the sheer unwavering longevity of baneposting would make him one of the top cinematic villains of all time

This is truly the best incarnation of the Joker
youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM

Considering Bane is the only other memorable villain in a superhero movie I guess Joker wins.

Pick any.

No, Heath Ledger's performance is what saved such a 2D character. People overrate how deep the joker is, now more than ever.

Zemo, although littered with plotholes, is a better villain.

baneposting's central figure and most popular character is CIA though

Superior Batman movie villain coming through

>Faora
Yeah, who could forget generic, personality-less henchman #41909058053425

>rating a villain in terms of dimensions
A 1-dimensional villain that is executed really well can come off more interesting than any third-dimensional one. Case in point Sauron in LOTR.

Close but no ice
Here's a cooler suggestion

Bane was legitimately great tho.

Hell all of the Nolan trilogy's villains were, contrarianism aside - Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul is really underrated. And if you had to choose the top 3 Bat-villains, Joker, Ra's and Bane is a pretty solid unholy trinity.

>smokes a cigar despite his sub-zero biology because Ahnuld said "If I'm going to wear a stupid bald cap, a solid coating of silver body paint and that damn suit, you're going to let me smoke my stogies."

she had tits tho
so I can fantasize about her domming me

I mean, would you deny Ahnold his stogie ?
I don't think he would be cool with that.

No

I'd bump Bane out for Penguin, though.

He wasn't even the best joker.

>9 years
>out of dozens of superhero movies, only Logan was able to even come remotely near it
Even better is Sup Forums's revisionist hateboner for it
youtu.be/hN11P9AwPW0?t=2m5s

by far and away the best. there's almost no debate.

Nazi Vampire is best Superhero movie villian

If you put Heath Ledgers character into some No Country For Old Men sort of film, he'd be regarded as one of the greatest characters to have appeared in film.

Sadly it's straddled with being "an interpretation of the joker".

He is already regarded as "one of the greatest characters to have appeared in film".
You'd be hard pressed to find a more overrated character in existence.

mark hamill will always be the best joker

Nah, it still gets the "psh, comic book" treatment from many.

>cesar romero joker

>overrated
you know that's not actually mark hamill right? he just does the voice.

>implying TDK Joker isn't overrated
I appreciate Heath's performance but come on now.

I second Devito owned the fuck out of that role

Nope.

>this low tier b8
ok

Fuck you faggoty "muh maymay" retards, Bane was a great villain and a perfect foil for Batman. Just because you guys like running shit into the ground doesn't mean dick about the quality of something.

this. tom hardy as bane was fucking great.

If you really need to bump Bane off, Poison Ivy is better than Pengu. Tbh apart from Joker and Ra's who are lock-ins you can make the case for lots and lots of bat villains. If she weren't basically a hero these days, I'd say Catwoman is a definite lock for the Bat villain trinity.

Bane was great, but the reveal that he was just doing it for Talia still annoys me.
I want Santa Prisca raised Bane out to beat Batman to prove he's the biggest bad ass there is.

It's funny how no one is even trying to make the case for any of the MCU villains.

Joker, Penguin and Catwoman are the classic trinity.
Nowadays, with Catwoman being just a hero/love interest, and Penguin being stuffed in the Iceberg Lounge and retired, it's Joker, Ra's and Bane.

Yeah ignore the contrarians, he was the bomb. One of the only onscreen supervillains who felt SUPER as opposed to some randomer with a flying suit or whatever.

Childhood is thinking Joker is cool and deep
Adulthood is realizing Penguin, Bane and Ra's make more sense

as a performance, likely.
as a character? I wouldn't say so.

trippy we thought the same thing.

A bit of both, for me. Which I don't personally think affected the movie.

this is actually an opinion I agree with but I think the movie is appallingly shit (I saw it in theaters when it came out don't assume my age you ageists). He had motivation and a good performance though.

But I absolutely hate when people try to act like that garbage was better than even BvS.

>Faora
>Fucking sperg Lex

Michael Shannon was good as Zod though

>Not muh
Have sex

>The Joker
>Sympathetic
Unless you're adapting The Killing Joke, it's one or the other.

Sauron wasn't technically a character, more like a concept. We see him in one flashback in the movies, and in the books we hear about his intentions, his minions, his power, but it's all secondhand. He has no lines, no physical incarnation (though his presence is felt), and no description of his thoughts or actions from HIS perspective, save for the last part of Return of the King at the Cracks of Doom. I don't think it's fair to call him a character in the same way someone like the Joker is a character.

this

he was way too invincible

BUMP!

Lol

I'm glad we at least agree on Penguin being good but I cannot empathize with your feelings towards Batman Returns (especially to say that it is worse than BvS).
Maybe you could rewatch it. A lot of people didn't like it when it came out but later accepted it better for what it was.

Agreed.
Blade is basically unrecognized by MCucks and DCrEtUrds though

It doesn't matter.