>Gadot is great
>The hero is actually heroic and save people
>literally zero feminism message

>cons
>weak villain
>CGI isn't perfect
>the score is mediocre and generic save for the electric cello theme
>some of the dialogues are quite corny
>all the German speak English, and all the people in London speak with an American accent

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QH-zugEjFmU
youtube.com/watch?v=dgMWBOeZyVY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is a small book involved in the plot?

The notebook of Doctor Poison?

>all the German speak English

That's great. Shame Doc Poison doesn't Juice up on what could possibly be conceived as a Proto Venom.

Now that's a amped up roid orc fight I'd love to have seen.

>Gadot is great
Sup shill

Did they retcon the Snyder stuff?
Namely the fact that Diana is 5000 years old and abandoned humanity.

>all the people in London speak with an American accent

This sounds like the only thing that will REALLY bother me. If otherwise it's as good as you say I think I might actually enjoy this.

Name every character who dies

It's not clear,
it started with her as a child in Themyscira, then as a young teen, then Gadot and Steve Trevor came in. it's not clear not how much time has passed when she was growing up

So what does the gas weapon actually do?

Just watched Batman vs Superman, AMA

>pros
>Everything
>It's great man
>Seriously go watch it right now
>The jar of piss scene was perfect
>It'll totally break a billion

It's a mustard gas that can break the gasmask somehow

>AMA
Do you like that poster or this one better?

The amazon who got shot in slow motion in the trailer, Steve Trevor, Ares, General Ludendorff, a bunch of germans

I stopped believing you when you said zero feminist message.

>>literally zero feminism message
You didn't look very hard then.

Did you like Diana's final message to Bruce?

I teared up.

Aside from the "how dare this woman speaking to men in 1910s London lol" there isn't any. She's just like Thor in the first time which people find her weird and funny

Is the fight between Wonder Woman and Ares at least cool? Does Ares have a good presence when he's on screen?

You do realize that a female main character in a genre dominated by male main characters is itself a "feminist message"?

Or do you just use feminism as a buzzword without even knowing what it means?

I think David Thewlis kinda phoned it in, his voice is weak, he looks like picture related without the cape.
The fight is him throwing a punch of shit at Wonder Woman and his final blow is a thunder bolt, it was then absorbed by WW's bracelets and she hit him back with it

so the movie just shows his face in the helmet? Thats fucking lame, and goes against what we've seen in toys and costumes

>female character in a genre dominated by male is feminist message

Fuck off retard

...Ahuh. And the other half? The "Diana got too sad and let the holocaust happen" part?

Spoil the movie pls

>Gadot is great

youtube.com/watch?v=QH-zugEjFmU
youtube.com/watch?v=dgMWBOeZyVY

This good to you, or this just so happens to be her worst parts and the rest is much better?

>Did they retcon the Snyder stuff?
That bullshit isnt snyder.
As for the 5000 johns made that shit canon in the comics during darkseid war

His face is just David Thewlis's face.
They didn't say it, at the end she understood that mankind was worth saving because of love after Steve sacrificed herself. They didn't say with she abandoned mankind.

>>The jar of piss
Still triggered by Lex trying to humillate someone before killing her?

What I want to know is if the praises is inflated, really being a mediocre movie, or is it really worth the applause its getting? Also how do they handle Diana sitting out WW2 without looking like a bitch?

So it's a Marvel movie?

Is it extra lethal. Because as far as chemical weapons go, mustard gas is one of the weakest

If I've grown tired of comic universe films in general for the most part, is it still worth it? Is it completely stand alone or their going to be reference's from the other set of films?

Well, i guess just ignoring the issue is better than reaffirming it

So outside of a few looks, people seem pretty nonchalant about the women with that big sword and shield

It kills people instantly. They keeps saying that if they didn't destroy the weapon the German would win the war easily.
It starts with her looking at that old photo you see in BvS and replying to Bruce's email, other than that it's completely stand alone.

>They didn't say it, at the end she understood that mankind was worth saving because of love after Steve sacrificed herself. They didn't say with she abandoned mankind.
That explains the people saying it ended optimistically.
Unfortunately it also means that the DCEU's continuity just got fuuuuuuuuuucked.

She thought killing Ares would end all wars in the movie, I guess she just gave up on human after seeing WW2 started not long after WW1 ended

>That explains the people saying it ended optimistically.
>Unfortunately it also means that the DCEU's continuity just got fuuuuuuuuuucked.
Frankly I rather that they do that. Continuity only matters if you actually liked what you are continuing. If you don't like it, cut it. It seems whatever that we joked about what Snyder had done had ended up either never filmed or on the cutting room floor.

So yeah, the film just pretended that Snyder's notes don't exist. And by actually being liked it would get away with it.

>...the German would win the war easily.

Are the Germans the bad guys for reason's other than:
1) Being on the opposite side of the war than Diana's friends
2) Having (knowingly or not) evil DC characters on their side
Or are they not portrayed as the bad guys at all?

Basically these 2 reasons

>Diana got too sad and let the holocaust happen
The world didn't know about the concentration camps until near the end of the war.

It's a Marvel movie done right.

>Present day. Diana writes an e-mail to Bruce Wayne telling her story.
>Young Diana learns the amazons were created by Zeus and enslaved by Ares before escaping to Themyscira, and that she was a clay statue brought to life by Zeus, who also gave the Amazons a magic sword to kill Ares. Ares killed all the Olympians.
>During WWI, Steve Trevor crashes on the island and tells to Amazons about the war.
>German soldiers attack the island and Amazons fight back. Diana's aunt gets hurt.
>Diana thinks that Ares is among humans and is causing the war and vows to stop him. She steals the magic sword to do so.
>Diana goes to London with Trevor to meet his boss, Patrick Morgan (David Thewlis).
>Trevor found out that Doctor Poison is working for the Germans and is making a death gas.
>Diana and Trevor go to France and Diana saves a local town from the Germans and helps Trevor and his men raid the German camp.
>General Erich Ludendorff (Danny Houston) takes a gas that makes him super-strong, making Diana believe that he is Ares. Diana kills him.
>Trevor sacrifices himself to blow up the gas factory.
>Morgan reveals himself as Ares and reveals that Diana is actually the product of an affair between her mother and Zeus. He destroys the magic sword.
>Diana unlocks her god powers and kills Ares, but spares Doctor Poison.
>Present day. Diana finishes and sends her e-mail to Bruce and run away as Wonder Woman to save a burning building.

>Diana is actually the product of an affair between her mother and Zeus
I don't remember this part, he just said that Diana is the godkiller herself and was created to kill Ares

what does dr poison look like ? i keep thinking of a evil Johann Kraus from hellboy

The Zeus wankery is kind of annoying

>>Gadot is great
Bullshit.

She's just a regular scientist

Its First Avenger as First Amazon or First for Justice. Or maybe Birth of the League.

That's a let down.

So she's comic Drax now?

These normies and critics don't know what the acting is

Alright, who should be the sequel villain(s)? I want to say Circe, but I think a Cheetah/Giganta duo would be pretty cool

Someone just wants her to be a star. Easiest to push her in action flicks where nobody is expecting Shakespeare. Cept you know with Reeve back in the day but I digress.

Can she?

She fucks off for the next couple of centuries. Personally I vote Blue Snowman btw.

Does it have an after credits scene?

It's a shame we could have gotten those set in the 60s or 70s

That would be an issue if Lex Luthor had actually been in that movie - instead of the Joker.

Wow ending is very Supermany

>Gadot is great

Why does she wear the mask?

Lotta loyalty for a hired scientist

Blue Snowman I could see being one of those mystery villains where in the third act Diana is "You're that chick I know?" but I dont see her happening given the name. Dr Cyber maybe

...Even though it is entirely in line with Greek myth. Diana as a female, improved version of Heracles is satisfying.

In the original version, no male aspect was involved in her creation at all except in reality. What is the suggestion there? That normal human reproduction is tainted and humanity must be saved by a golem?

No, this is better.

Be prepared to be called a shill OP. I tried to start a discussion for the people who saw the pre-screenings too but it turned into a 'REEEEEEE FUCK OFF SHRILL REEEEE' post.

>Why does she wear the mask?

And if you took it off, would it kill her?

How many millions of evil Germans did she murder?

You might notice the amount of posts in this thread? Over 60.
Did you ctrl-f how many times word shill had been mentioned, or check if there was or was not discussion?

Of course not, take your (you).

No

NORMALFAG. THE WORD IS NOT NORMALFAG, NOT NORMIE.

It could you just gotta place it with her doing something so fucked it would give most villains pause. Like torturing some poor young bastard by freezing and smashing his limbs off. They find him and all his limbs are now just iced chunks and he's barley clinging to life shivering.

So it is obviously better than any film in the DCEU.

How do you rank it with the MCU? Better than the first Iron man? Better than Winter Soldier? Worse than Thor2?

To be fair, there wasn't really any "good guys" in The Great War. Whole thing was basically Europe getting itself into a political clusterfuck and millions of people died as a result

He was nothing like the joker and was a faithful Lex.

She looks a bit like Mary Poppins y'all.

>mfw the movie is actually great
>mfw disney shills got BTFO once again
And Gadot is mostly decent too, sorry Sup Forums you'll be right other time

>Man of Steel 55%
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 28%
>Suicide Squad 25%
>Wonder Woman 97%

Huh... I know they haven't counted nearly as reviews yet but it's rather bizarre.

>Thinking acting is monotone line reading.

So...are there more than one cut where she is a Zues baby and another where she is a Clay baby?

Blue Snowman would be fantastic, though that is totally the film I would set in the 60s or 70s and have it be a commentary on women in the workplace...oh! OH!

Set it in the 50s and have her backstory involve being one of the women shunted out of early com sci after the vacuum tube tally days?

So what happens in the no man's land scene, it seems like everyone is creaming themselves over it.

why do the extras look so much better than Gadot?

Does she fly?

She doesn't in BvS so she probably does not fly here, still got to ask.

She killed a bunch of German basically.
It ended by her using a metal plate held by Steve and friends as a spring board then blew off the entire tower like a canon to take out a sniper

She did kind of fly in the ending shot set in modern time with her striking a rather funny pose, I guess it was nod to the old Superman movie

>I'm just going to pretend that anytime someone's tried to start a discussion about the movie, there aren't posters calling other people shills because they had to nerve to like the movie and wanted to talk about it.

Here's your (You) too.

Leaps and bounds better than Thor 2. In fact I'm kind of pissed now that Marvel didn't try to keep Patty on but then again no one could've saved that script.

The director said if there were a sequel it'd be set shortly after this movie. I guess it'll explain why she abandon humanity

Wow...was a fucking atention whore.

>>Gadot is great

So is she like the trailers?
If so, you just have shit taste. If she is nothing like the trailers, then maybe she wasn't as shit.

What's up with Wonder Woman in this movie being surrounded by Wayne shit? Did Bruce become her sugar daddy or something? That confused me.

He's the only one he interacted with. But regardless it's clear they're using Batman to tie everything together. Think of how SHIELD appeared in all early MCU movies

I wish more women grew out their pit hair.

I really hope that in JL he isn't paying everything for everyone, because that would be stupid. I don't want an Iron Man situation.

SHIELD uniting the heroes made sense, since it's what SHIELD did in the Ultimates and even on the regular universe on occasion. Also, they serve as a stage for the real stars to do their thing.
Having Batman be the thread that connects everyone in the DCEU isn't nearly as exciting because it slants the Trinity too far to one side.
It elevates him over Superman and Wonder Woman as far as plot significance goes.

Still I'm glad that this movie seems to be ok, I was expecting a total train wreck. Wondie deserves movies, she is a character who deserves all attention she can get from casuals and normies.

You must've missed the news about how he's providing everything for the team, like a perfected Flash suit or the Flying Fox (=giant bat), their main plane

I mean, it makes sense, but i get what you're saying

Because Gadot is skeletor

Superman is still the reason all of them are heroes again. And Wonder Woman in the Trinity never mattered other than her worshiping Superman.

>all the people in London speak with an American accent
They couldn't shoot on location and hire locals?

But Batman was a veteran that did most of his adventures already, as was WW