Doctor Manhattan

Did Thawne die from watching Manhattan's long, thick, majestically godlike blue colored penis and balls?

>Crisis type scenario
>villain is a giant dude
Why is it so often a giant dude who's the big bad?

Anti-Monitor, Darkseid, Relic, Imperiex, and now Dr. Manhattan. Why is this a thing?

Wouldn't you?

Well, Ozzy didn't.

I hope so.

I'm interested in this story line just to see where it goes, but not exactly thrilled about it. I'll admit I'm being a purest here but I personally don't like the fact they took watchman and merged with the rest of the DC Universe.

I mean I get what you're saying, you're not wrong, but Manhattan is only as big as he wants to be, or is predestined to be... I mean how much of what he does is freewill? Or is he merely going down one of many foreseen predestined paths? Seriously quantum mechanics is fucked.

This is basically true for many of the cosmic level beings i think. More particularly in marvel than in DC. But there seems to be a humaniziation of size when fighting earths Hero/Gods. With exception of Nu52 stuff. I fully expect them to revitalize and employ this latter however. Especially as multiverse shenanigans continues.

Thawne saw Miracleman

Ain't nothing long about it.

He's a grower, not a shower

>Jon will never live out a peaceful life as a nuclear physicist with Janey Slater, dying as a mortal but happy
It's not fair bros.

Reminder, Jon grew up at the perfect time to read and enjoy Action Comics, a comic that exists

Doctor Manhattan would have at the very least known about Superman

Bernard mentioned to Bernie the superheroes he remembered from his childhood like Flash-Man and I think Aqua-Man. I don't remember which ones besides Flash actually lol.

Maybe the Doctor wanted to reshape the DCU into his headcanons.

Can't he just make a reality where he can do just that?

Doesn't someone literally say "the superman exists, and he is American"?

I think that he thought of Superman as an ideal, an alien who became a man, the opposite of himself.

As an experiment he wanted to see if enough tampering could cause Superman to not be human, like fucking with him and his reality around him

He just wants to get rid of Clark's humanity so he can be just like one of his childhood idols, Superman

Yeah, but I was making the point that Action Comics is something that was published in the Watchmen universe, and Jon would have been the perfect age to enjoy it

Superman might have been one of Doctor Manhattan's childhood heroes

That would be interesting but I don't think they should make Superman an idol to Jon. We're never shown that as being the case. Like, I'm okay with DC bringing Watchmen into the DCU but I don't want them adding or retconning things about the characters.

Considering we never see anything of Jon's childhood outside of his father pushing him into nuclear physics, and the fact that Action comics was immensely popular, I don't think it anything huge of a change to say that he looked up to superman as a kid

Since according to Johns Manhattan is an antagonist but not a villain I'm guessing the entire New 52 issue was a gross mistake on Jon's part.

>DOCTOR MANHATTAN IS ACTUALLY DC EDITORIAL

Yeah, maybe in the New 52 universe Jon Osterman lived happily and normal.
Yeah, Dr.Glass says "God exists and he's American" and the newscasters change the quote.

I took that comment to mean he didn't do the new52 out of malice, but out of curiosity, my theory's a massive stretch, but i think it could be really interesting

Yep I'm expecting some clunky meta-commentary and everything.

So he has finally appeared in DC? As more than a blue hand that occasionaly pops a new god?

From what it seems, Watchmen isn't merged with the DC universe. Rather Dr.Manhattan left and created the DC universe and left the Watchmen verse behind.

>Doesn't someone literally say "the superman exists, and he is American"?
They weren't talking about DC Comics Superman. They were talking about the Übermensch, Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra and the human transition into god.

>The Source is Dr.Blue Dick

I will hate Cereal King forever if he does this.

>Action comics

You have to remember that Multiversity restored the "other universes exist as comic books in other universes" thing.

The Question talks about Rorshach after he read Watchmen. Watchmen exists as a comic book in DC.

Dr. Manhattan and Superman are both fictional characters to each other. And I pray someone is smart enough to have them talk about it.

DC comics Superman exists in Watchmen though, Hollis Mason cites him as part of his inspiration for becoming Nite Owl. I know the character went out of style earlier in that universe but he'd still be a relevant reference.

This.

They would both know each other as fictional characters. Superman even knows a version of Dr. Manhattan in the Earth-5 version of Captain Atom.