>green eared spaghetti monster

>all this supernatural stuff and hints at it
>literally no pay-off at all
>"Dude it was just a child pedo ring, LMAO"

>Psychedelics and backwater mythology are a hell of a drug

>his ears were green because he's a painter

>drop plot line completely in the next season

shmarlefraf kill urself sharmane.

you wanted there to be some magic cult doing blood rituals and casting spells?

go watch GoT you fucking pleb.

talkin bout the masketta man

this honestly very nearly ruins the entire season, it's just so jarringly convenient how they just randomly piece that together

>supernatural stuff
Was, like real life supernatural stuff, a bunch of illusions perceived by a drug-damaged brain.

he said kang

>Imagine being a little girl brought up on disney movies about monsters that live in the woods, then you're given a cocktail of LSD and speed. Now your heart is racing and you're hyper alert, and yet the trees are around you are beginning to boil up into the air like plumes of smoke and the grass beneath you is rolling and shimmering like water. Now the men approach you in their masks. They look like monsters. You are in a nightmare except you can't wake up no matter how hard you trying. He takes out the sword. You're still trying to wake up but you can't. You know you're going to die as they begin laughing. Ultimately you dissociate from your psyche and you are suspended above your body watching what they're doing to you with the sword. It isn't real, you tell yourself, and yet you know it is, and as the life slips out of the other person in front of you the entire scene fades to black and quiet.

I was traumatized vicariously by the victims of this show.

God that’s actually super horrifying, I never really thought about the effects that the drug cocktail would’ve had on them.

nevermind that contrived eureka moment, how the fuck do you only get green paint on your ears and not on the rest of your head when you're painting with a roller?

>i'd rather have monsters than a realistic exploration of competing ideologies in intense situations

maybe you should watch ghostbusters

By wearing a hat.

>you now remember how hype Sup Forums was while this aired

It was surreal 50 threads a day hitting bump limit

there was still supernatural stuff, it was simply too big for marty and rust to solve

to be fair the first few eps are really good television

too bad they couldn't keep it up

It was quite annoying.

First 5 episodes were absolute kino, there was no way the ending was going to live up to the hype

a cap you mean. laborers wear caps, pros wear smocks. but you got it.

Part of me is disappointed they didn’t know how to end the story but the other parts just appreciates how fucking good the first ~6 eps were

Normally Id agree but desu it was incredible and there were so many theory’s, at least it wasn’t like it is now with people crying and complaining endlessly about cape shit or Star Wars

that crab catcher they spoke to had the cutest accent ever. As a Yuro I had no idea these accents even existed

The final episode was a shit cop-out, but the rest was so good it's forgiveable.

no it wasn't. you weren't even here for that.

true cajun accent. deeeep south

But episode 6 was already terrible compared to the first 5
>all those threads after ep 4. ended
God damn that was peak Sup Forums

ur mum's bush is a crab catcher

fuck off middleschool

>rust's face when he realizes the nigger detectives are dumb as fuck and are actually accusing him of the murders and have zero leads
They fucking ruined the show, can't rewatch this season, they're unbearable

>LE DOO

you're right, it exceeded it.

>tfw i liked his hair when i watched and got mine cut like that yday

so much peasantry in here today

That's retarded, it's the ultimate soyboy faggot haicut

got baited

>Supernatural stuff

>use names, elements from and references to famous works in supernatural horror literature
>be surprised people actually expected anything related to supernatural horror

You should here them speak French, it is bizarre and yet charming.

#savage #destroyed #willneverrecover

He was retarded so he could have just painted his ears for shits and giggles, though.

>this is a tall man in Trump country

>quads of lost time

Took 17 years before he got caught so the detectives were even more brainlets than him.

wasn't it the point that everyone was covering it up

this desu
I would be fine with if they even expanded on the drug induced supernaturality of it. I mean the ending with rust seeing all sorts of shit could have been present in earlier episodes as well or at least just be given a bigger part in the whole season

His uncle the senator was more interested in distancing himself away from the retard.

but that big wig christian dude (senator's brother?) basically took over the police investigation to derail shit

Who was in wrong here?

mowing a man's lawn is basically eating his wife's pussy. You don't do that

Lawn

can you actually break someone's wrists if they hold you by the collar

What was this fucking guy's problem?

young whipper snapper cops trying to be heroes and not keeping in line like they should

He was painting with a sprayer and his eyes and ears were covered with a respirator and goggles.

morty got trol'd big time
don't invite hot aspies into your household if you can't take the heat, he'll be returning a screwdriver and screw your wife because he feels it's the right thing to do

That's kind of the only problem I have with that season. It could have easily been hearing protection (maybe muffs he wears while using a lawnmower or other equipment), and that would have worked a lot better.

> chasing a girl through the woods with hearing protection on
stop it, smarter men than you came up with the ending

in retrospect this was incredibly retarded

>all this supernatural stuff and hints at it

Like?

People’s imagination ran wild during threads while it aired and then it didn’t match their head canon and they got mas

Like Star Wars

Carcosa and the yellow king are names from Robert W. Chambers' The King in Yellow, a collection of short-stories and poems, half of which revolve around a theater play called "the king in yellow", which starts like a regular gothic play, but something about the second act drives people to madness just by reading it. Among other things, it famously inspired H.P. Lovecraft when he created his own fictional spoopy book, the Necronomicon

The stick figures are lifted from Karl Edward Wagner's story "sticks". Wagner has another famous story titled "the river of night's dreaming", which is his homage to Chambers' king in yellow.

A good portion of Cohle's philosophy and lines are almost word-by-word taken from books by Thomas Ligotti, a writer of supernatural horror fiction that is influenced by Chambers and Lovecraft

You didn't answer my question

this was the best show I think I've ever seen

A detective, who was a junkie, reads wacky literature.

He investigates a cult who sacrifice children. On top of this, key members make meth and consume other drugs. The clearly damaged central villain believes in wacky shit and does psychedelics.

>b-but they hinted at supernatural stuffs tho

I don't understand why people think that there's a supernatural element to True Detective.

doureh laaaaaaaayng

>season one started 4 years ago

The yellow king is a prototypical ideology that compels man beyond their limits in the cyclical churning of the world.
> Time is a flat circle meaning that it's cyclical and the head eats the tail: ouroboros

The yellow king story is an evolving tale on how the prototypical yellow king leads man down different extreme paths variant across the ages but steady in terms of its root foundations.

At the end when Marty slayed the kang, he was apprised the rebirth of a new kang in the 'heavens' reflecting on the choice words uttered throughout the season about time being a flat circle and that everything that he did he would do again in another cycle so as with death/birth/rebirth.

That should be a sufficient answer.

Are you literally retarded?

None of that points to ACTUAL supernatural elements in the show. The show was influenced by imagery and feel of those authors, doesn't mean that there will be some Loftcraftian monster Rust and Marty have to kill kek

just here for my miles, farty

It actually was present all throughout the show as is the story of the yellow king. Seems this goes straight over the uninitiated's head including when the meaning is spelled out in clear terms which is fine... there was more than enough action/suspense to keep the active neurons in your brain engaged

>I'm just here for my Katana, Marty.

Wish I could that pic.

>arguing with literal plebkiddos
these guys expect spoopy monsters if they hear "dark" music

^is the pleb
^is the kiddo
Attempting to silence or sideline any discussion about their intellect and mental grasp because :
> All I grasped were a pair of cops chasing down meth head crazies

It's literally spelled out and injected into every scene of the show and it still goes over your head. There's no mystery as to why popularized media is dogshit... it's literally being fed to such minds.

just another one of rust's visions he had tons of those
did you even watch the fucking show you mongrol

sometimes I'm tempted to give this a pass as a nod to Arthur Machen and other early horror-detective stories where clues and solutions would just appear out of nowhere, but realistically it's just fucking retarded.

The fact that people still argue with this shit is ridiculous. It was never supposed to be supernatural.

The show borrowed from cosmic writers like Lovecraft to compare the supernatural to the powerful.

You can't catch the pedo ring, you can't even make a dent, and in the end, you can try your best, but you look into the ring, it looks back. Just like the supernatural in a book written by Lovecraft.

>There's no mystery as to why popularized media is dogshit... it's literally being fed to such minds.
yes, because a supernatural element inspired by pulp writers like Chambers and KEW truly elevates the show to a new intellectual plateau.

>still arguing with literal pleb kiddos who have no idea what drugs to do a junkie
bro that shits supernatural, where da monstas at?!!

He actually pronounced it Kang

Your mind only can grasp and 'see' what it has been developed to.
One mind/eye sees the inner workings of the universe...
Another one sees some 'yellow stuff'.

I question not the mind that has visions & sees.
However, I do know the mind that doesn't for I once had such a mind and developed beyond it...

Such limited minds persist in a large swath of individuals in older years because they focus not on developing their own but on tearing down the higher minded thoughts of others so as to suggest the world comfortably fits within their own dogmatic and limited scope.
You perturb me not troglodyte for I know you and of your myopic intentions.

realistically what kind of descriptions do little girls give on big mean guys that try to kidnap them?

Was watching kingpin the other day and Woody's character in that movie punches the mormon and says "You don't mow another mans lawn"

It's not the description itself but that it's such a minor event in the show that eventually solves everything because "What if the guy got paint on his ears???"

imagine woody has a rider where he has to have a "based" scene involving showing up guys who mow his lawn, due to a personal event

More like
> what if we look into people that WORKED for the church some more, including niggas that painted shit
watch the fucking show, brainlet

omg the talkin bout guy. It's been so long.

>She was high yeah? Talkin' bout... she gonna become a nun... talkin' bout she met 'a king'

Some see the inner workings of the universe.
Others see dog shit.
Literally gave you a map to meaning and you're still ranting about dogshit.

> yes, because a mind trained on dogshit will only ever see and discover dogshit.
The framework of life could be staring in your face and all you'll manage to extrapolate out of it is dogshit. You get emotionally charged when this truth is pointed out and resort to emotional arguments as counters. It is your weakness not your strength. As such, your feigned attempt to mirror a higher minded intellect by reference of works only further highlights the lengths that your fits w/ cognitive dissonance will go so as to recenter on your dogshit views. If you didn't see what I saw, so be it. Some people have dogshit minds like Marty and others have minds like Rust. I guess you missed this juxtaposition of societal archetypes too while channeling your pleb/reddit tier recollection as to the historical works this was sourced from.
> Muh knowledge of lovecraft
> muh Chambers references
> Look at me, i'm a pseudo intellectual who can reference names ad naseum but come away with no deeper understanding and knowledge.

Rick&Morty esque pseudo intellectual dogshit mind.
> Rust ... how is it that you 'see' these things I don't see?.. derp derp

"yeah"

>The Y-Y-Yellow king isn't *URP* real M-Marty

> I'm the yellow king morty, time for me to *burrrrrp* rape the shit out of you!
>aaaaah no Rick!!!

can someone post the "I think...." webm?

thanks