CAPCOM DID IT AGAIN

>28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
>No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
>Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.
>There's only one non-MCU Marvel character.
>Ok really, last tidbit this time - Black Panther isn't in the base game
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1322496&page=226

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BillRosemann/status/867781818103103488
neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238618203&postcount=11729
neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238619370&postcount=11743
youtube.com/watch?v=4Gle-DEcyaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw when you are now looking forward to Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 than Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

:(

Sounds like they would have been better off making Nintendo vs Capcom

And then there are people that says movies didn't ruin Marvel

>Rocket losing his hype as fuck voice and hyper 3 finisher for a retarded boring as fuck hyper 3 just to add movie Groot and a Bradley Cooper imitator.
James Gunn was a mistake. Well, at least it wasn't baby Groot.

Lego capeshit is actually kinda fun user

>Nintendo vs Capcom
>Not Sega vs Capcom.

> the launch roster is 28 characters, but I can't say who any of them are

this sounds pretty fake. the way the whole post is worded just looks like they're stripping down as much as possible without providing anything concrete.

Based capcom.

Eat it ms marvel fans.

>no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
no purchase to speak of

Obvious BS imo. Didn't Ryce mention the large size of the roster and how FOX characters were DLC? Also Deadpool is getting a MvCI variant so that's obvious X Men confirmation.

>No Black Panther
>Black Panther got a MvCI variant
OP tried

You guys do realize that Mrs. Marvel was in the announcement trailer?

That's CAPTAIN Marvel who used to be Ms. Marvel. The new Ms. Marvel is some Inhuman fangirl or someshit

Meh, it has X, Sigma and Venom.

I'm set.

Which comic book publisher is Capcom, again?

>No Ms. Marvel
Inhumans BTFO

>Sega vs. Capcom
>not Memes vs. Capcom
lmaoing @ ur life

>no Viewtiful Joe
>no Amaterasu
>no Phoenix Wright

Until E3 arrives I declare this topic elephant shit.

Never give up hope.

> character with no appealing moveset
> character where people didn't play 1/3 of the character
> character that was intentionally bad and had a 1 dimensional gameplan

Unless they would get reworked, no big losses.

Henshin-A-Go-Go, baby ;w;7

OK, well, let's see. 28 characters, so that means 14 Marvel characters.
So taking into account no FF, no X, and only 1 non-MCU character (and it isn't Kamala):
>9 from MvC3
>Hawkeye
>Rocket Raccoon
>Captain America
>Hulk
>Iron Man
>Spider-man
>Thor
>Dr. Strange
>Iron Fist or Dormammu

>1 from MvC2
>Venom (4 newcomers
>Ultron
>Captain Marvel
>???
>???

Sound about right? With the last two being some combination of Luke Cage, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Falcon, Ant-man, Star-Lord, Black Widow, Drax, or Gamora. I'd wager Ant-man and Black Widow since there's a general lack of female characters and Ant-man because he has the most potential for an interesting moveset.

And the "coming back from MvC2 DLC character" is probably Thanos, considering the solicited MvC:I variant covers had one for Thanos and one for Venom, and Thanos seems more likely to be DLC to go along with Sigma.

>no proof

come on man. I know someone who works at hasbro and I know one of those things you said is not true. Not posting a source to not get him in trouble, but look at toyfair hasbro interviews, they mention the capcom two-pack and what may or may not be happening with it.

>28 character roster
>Presumably 14 Marvel's
>Only 1 non-MCU

Well that's fucking disappointing. It's like the movies are all that fucking matter any more

Yeah I'm not buying this. Fuck.

>4 new comers
>Ultron
>Captain Marvel
I'd bet money the last two are Vison and Ant-Man. None of the MCU's villains are particularly strong candidates

>Hawkeye
>Rocket Raccoon
>Captain America
>Hulk
>Iron Man
>Spider-man
>Thor
>Dr. Strange
>Dormammu
>Venom
>Ultron
>Captain Marvel
>Ant-man
>Black Widow
>Thanos (DLC)

Sounds plausible. Disappointing, but plausible. Hopefully, Captain Commando is in the game. He's the one character that could salvage the roster for me. At only 2 characters a team, I'd be down for maining Captain Commando and Venom.

Oh yeah, forgot about Vision. I could definitely see that. I still think they'd want to have more than just 1 female character on the Marvel side though, and since they wouldn't be allowed to use Scarlet Witch, that leaves Jessica, Gamora, Wasp and Black Widow and I just don't see Jessica, Gamora or Wasp making it in.

d-did he die

Atari vs. SNK

Fight me

>only one non-MCU Marvel character.

>no phoenix wright
thank fucking god. Retarded choice to bring a pacifist lawyer for a FIGHTING game. He's an mvc1 assist at best.

While I agree with you, at this point there's been so many MCU movies/shows that they could fill up a roster full of nothing but characters that appeared there and we wouldn't really bat an eye at that roster (barring the obvious no X/FF exclusions) had the same game come out in an alternate universe where the MCU didn't exist. In fact, we'd probably be pretty hype by some of the inclusions.

Like, everyone was excited for Rocket in MvC3. Only thing that changed between then and now is that he's appeared in a movie. Same with Dr. Strange.

>pacifist
???

Man, they should have brought mvc1-style assists back. If they were going to get rid of tag-in assists in lower it back from 3-characters to 2 then the least they could have done was bring back the assists.

But I guess in a 3d game where you can't just re-use assets from other games like mvc1 did, that wouldn't really be plausible.

Black Widow is not a strong candidate herself either though. They could push for Hela if the movie is coming out at around the same time?

>X-men not even DLC

I'm calling bullshit. Future Fight has them coming next month, and Avengers Academy keeps hinting that they'll be in a future event.

They're going to make a big Vidya X-men push next month by announcing them in MvCI at E3. Mark my words.

You guys are fucking silly if you believe this """"leak""""" that has no actual evidence and a lot of shit that proves it wrong. Just wait for E3

Or Valkyrie if they wanted a more left-field choice.

Also, Defenders has an MvC:I variant, meaning that it's probably Iron Fist, not Dormammu, for the last "returning from MvC3" spot.

>Black Panther isn't in the game
>Black Panther getting an MvC:I variant
Nah, fuck off. That all but confirms BP since what other BP-related character could it be? No Storm since no X.

Which is bullshit because half of marvels fanbase is capcom spergs, half is comic book shitters (like me) who don't give a shit about the movies. Plus most of marvels base like fighting games too.

>Since no X

Says who?

Based on:
1. ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #7
2. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #31
3. AVENGERS #10
4. BLACK PANTHER #17
5. CHAMPIONS #11
6. DEFENDERS #4
7. DOCTOR STRANGE #24
8. GENERATIONS: BANNER HULK & THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1
9. GENERATIONS: THE UNWORTHY THOR & THE MIGHTY THOR #1
10. HAWKEYE #9
11. I AM GROOT #4
12. INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #10
13. MIGHTY THOR #22
14. ROCKET #4
15. SECRET EMPIRE #8
16. SPIDER-MAN #19
17. SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #20
18. THANOS #10
19. THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #8
20. VENOM #153

The characters that are likely appearing on these variants are:
>Rocket
>Spider-man
>Thor
>Hulk
>Venom
>Thanos
>Captain Marvel
>Black Panther
>Captain America
>Iron Man
>Hawkeye
>Dr. Strange
>Iron Fist
>Champions character (Nova or Ms. Marvel; if Chulk/Miles get added in as costumes then it could be one of them)
Throw in Ultron, whose also confirmed, and assume that one of these characters is DLC (or that the Champions slot is a character that's already listed), then there's your roster if we assume that it's 14 on each side.

His claim that Black Panther isn't in it means that this whole "leak" is probably fake though so we can't really put much stock into his other claims.

This could always be via a loophole from buying CoC.

I wish someone would reupload the mvc3 lupinko leaks, because those were a hell of a lot more credible than this one.

Surprisingly few people, especially in the Sup Forums thread are even thinking about shit that was already confirmed like this. I also remember hearing the roster would be "between vanilla and ultimate" in roster size.

>Deadpool is getting an MvC:I variant
Not necessarily. There are a bunch of Deadpool books and the only one that's getting an MvC:I variant is the one that has Spider-man getting top billing. It's more likely that the cover will be of Spider-man then Deadpool in the corner complaining about how he's not in the game. If Deadpool was going to be in, then why wouldn't the Deadpool ongoing get a cover?

>no arcade mode

KEK

That's silly. What kind of fighting game doesn't have an Arcade Mode?

Capcom ones, apparently.

That's because Sup Forums wants this game to fail hard so that Capcom will bow out of fighting games, thinking that ArcSys and SNK will become the top dogs
TEE HEE

>no arcade mode
But there is one?

I would say Loki instead of Widow

Shittiest taste I've ever seen, holy shit.

Most of Sup Forums doesn't even like fighters in the first place, let alone play any of the other games they want to "dethrone" SF.
Every fucking arcsys thread, I get nothing but people keeping the GG vs BB flame war alive like it was still 2008, but nobody playing either.

If Capcom bows out of fighting games then we'll just have another repeat of the 00s/ps2-era where the only fighting games getting released are shit or halfassed licensed cash-ins barring the occasional niche title.

>Champion character

he said all were MCU but one, that's Venom. No Champions character.

The last one will probably be Meme-Lord.

amateratsu is fucking shit, shut the fuck up.
phoenix is fun
viewtiful joe is cool

Bill Rosemann tweeted about it months ago.

twitter.com/BillRosemann/status/867781818103103488

Also, Avengers Academy has been hinting at an X-men event since their last one.

Take that as you will,

>had a 1 dimensional gameplan
unlike most of Marvel side?

He also said that Black Panther won't be in it, yet Black Panther is getting a variant, meaning he's full of shit.

>yfw Lokitits confrimed for Brawl

>28 characters
>Only 4 females
>7 newcomers
>No black, hispanic or middle eastern characters
>No X-Men, F4, Final Fight, Okami, Viewtful Joe, Ace Attorney characters
>Only 1 non-MCU character
>1 male DLC character returning from MvC2
>9 characters returning from MvC3
>Only 2 characters from SF(Ryu, Chun-Li) and 2 from RE(Chris, ???)

neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238618203&postcount=11729

>all this spider-man
Good, he's honestly been getting shafted this entire series.

Ryce is literally in that thread not contradicting any of it and saying that people are going to be disappointed with the final roster.

why would you include an Arab, a suicide bomb is powerful but then you automatically lose

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Frank West
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

>no-X characters
>tfw no more HYPER VIPER
>tfw no more BERSERKER BARRAGE
Do we at least still get STARS, STARS, STARS! AND! STRIPES!?

You weren't given permission to share shit.

This is a ryce post btw

user didn't bother posting that this is from Ryce.
neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238619370&postcount=11743

He also says Venom is DLC.

No Pheonix, no buy.

>dante
Don't hurt me this way user, we both know that's not true

I'm gonna laugh so hard if this list gets debunked at E3.
The only non-safe picks are Jedah, Monster Hunter, and Gamora. Everyone else is predictable as fuck.

>Monster Hunter
>Gamora over meme-lord
>DLC Venom
I don't believe that shit for a second, which is a shame because jedah would be kind of bitchin.

heres the hypers we have so far
youtube.com/watch?v=4Gle-DEcyaw
olus the rocket and groot one

You do realize DMC5 is all but confirmed right?

I find it very hard to believe Black Panther wouldn't be in, they wouldn't miss the opportunity to push him with the movie coming out.

>was one of the first leakers to know about MVCI before it was announced
>knew about the event that Ultron and the other recently announced other characters were at before most other people
>knew about the simplified controls used there before anyone else had said anything about it
The faster you get move on from the first phase of denial, guys, the less pissed you'll be later. Ryce has already been shown to be in the know about this game.

Also there have been rumblings of Jedah in the game for ages, sorry anons.

>Neogaf
I'm havin a neolauf, mate.

Honestly as long as they don't handle like hot garbage, I can manage, I'm just not going to take this for 100% fact just yet.
If it's real, I get spider-man and jedah and I'm honestly set, if it's not, then it's just not.

>Monster Hunter
>Gamora
>Nemesis returning
>Black Panther DLC
>Venom DLC
>Things previously stated are now retracted
>Mixed up Simple Mode as regular button imputs
Ryce was doing so well, but Jesus he's starting to look fake.

>Storm
>Take a white woman
>darken her skin
?

>knew about the event that Ultron and the other recently announced other characters were at before most other people
Was this before or after the first trailer because it was painstakingly obvious that it was Ultron & Sigma fused.

>Take a white woman

>Only 3 new marvels
>Only 2 new capcoms
I'm scared
>Jedah
Isn't the reason they never use Jedah is because all his shit is blood related?

He knew what eight specific characters were at that event, plus gameplay details from there.

>Mixed up Simple Mode as regular button imputs
Given that people who were at the event were saying the same thing, I don't think that's really evidence against him so much as evidence of Capcom never explaining shit clearly.

Please put Jack the family man in this game.

The problem with the roster is pretty much down to Marvel dictating who can and can't be used (and probably dictating who Capcom HAS to use). Fuck having interesting characters with varied playstyles and shit, gotta promote MUH MCU. I'm actually disappointed that Kamala's not in the game apparently because it means Marvel's priorities are so fucking screwed by the MCU.

It's completely disgusting. I seriously hope the game bombs. It would suck for Capcom but I'd rather the series die than get fucked over even more roster-wise than what already happened with MvC3.

Regular mode is simlified. Auto combos, easier inputs.

It's basically smash inputs meets mvc3 auto combos.

I'd greatly prefer him to Chris, especially with the rest of the family as assists.

So..this could very well mean that this isn't the final roster, just the roster that's finished.

About a 50% chance. On one hand, the cover variants pretty much build from what's been said and contradict it at points, on the other, you're expecting more from capcom and marvel then.

There have to be more villains than this. I'd be highly surprised if Ock doesn't get in considering how both sides wanted him in MvC3

That might depend on whether or not the variants are dipping into that first DLC pack.

RAWKET LAWNCHAIR

Only standing on the 50% because, as you said, this contradicts the whole variant covers thing they're doing. Also, this is nu-Marvel, not one sign of diversity sticking out in plane sight, even someone as token as Black Panther who is basically confirmed. He wouldn't be DC because, like Rocket in 3, It's a chance to get the name out there more for the future synergy.

I know I'm expecting too much, but it seriously sounds like a half finished leak that will be shown at E3 to make up for the silence.

X is more of a pacifist than Wright is.