Watching 2 generations worth of Cars that turn into robots, machines turning into machines

>Watching 2 generations worth of Cars that turn into robots, machines turning into machines.
>This comes around. Organic creatures turning into robots, using innards as weapons and what not.
>Original fans of Transformers complain. One even going so far to say 'Truk not munke'.
>Season 2, all robots get a fucking vehicle mode

If any of you are generation 1 and gen 2 Transformers lovers, thanks for ruining a fun concept like Beast Wars.

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/B.O.T._(episode)
tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Generation_2_(cartoon)
youtube.com/watch?v=xseO3uX9Sv0&t=43m16s
youtube.com/watch?v=ltJHnxd1JIo
mega.nz/#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not getting enough (You)s on /toy/?

THIS thread's talking about the cartoon. Not the toyline.

You're kind of a fag OP, I grew up with G1 because I had tapes of the show and the movie, and some of my first action figures ever were of the G2 line which jumpstarted my lifelong fascination with Transformers.....but I was a really young kid then and growing up in the 90s Beast Wars was pretty much my life, it was MY TF series, as a kid I never once gave a fuck about cars or animals or any of that I just cared about Transformers, I loved Transmetals because it combined both Transformers aesthetics I loved

See, you're one of the people who matter, not a Geewunner who only grew up on the fucking movie.

>Wanting more animal transformations
Go watch/read some Animorphs faggot

The vehicle modes were fine, for the most part. I agree that robots turning into cars is fucking boring, though.

Generation 1 gave us B.O.T.
tfwiki.net/wiki/B.O.T._(episode)

Who cares what they turn into, as long as its fun.

Ya know, unlike in Energon.

Unicron Trilogy*

G2 was not a proper show.

Beast Machines ruined the fun concept of Beast Wars.

Also 80% of the toyline was not represented in the show. What a great way for a 30 minute commercial to push a toy line.

Cybertron too BRAVE for you?

tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Generation_2_(cartoon)
it was to push the toyline. Which the G2 toyline had a lot of re-used molds from the 85 line-up

Cybertron was okay. Armada got better. Energon just sucked.

>talkin' shit about Cybertron
Oi! Them's fightin' words, punk.

BEEEAAAASTIEEEES

Hell yeah

Watching it on YTV was the shit

Motherfucker you best not be comparing Cybertron and Energon.

>all robots get a fucking vehicle mode
>all

I fucking wish
>No Transmetal Rhinox
>No Transmetal Waspinator
>No Transmetal Inferno
>No Transmetal Airazor
>No Transmetal Terrorsaur

And yeah, the toys, but we're talking the cartoon right now.

Those ain't robots, cunt.

>Toy lines
>Rhinox turns into a ski-tank
>Waspinator turns into a jet
>Inferno turns into drill tank
>Airazor gets fucking platoons for water landings
>Terrorsaur turns into a jet

All just simple 'turn this out' to get them in vehicle mode

aye ill admit armada animation and toys were utter dogshite
but mate the minicons. THE MINICONS

F
He was the true hero of the Beast Wars. Loved that IDW fitted almost every Beast Wars toy/character into the tv show setting with both minis.

>this was going to be in the show instead of Tigertron
>Mainframe decided to bulk Cheetor's model out and retexture it into Tigertron.

The animorph toys were branded under Transformers. They're practically Beast Wars toys, they also incorporated the 1st wave of BW toys with the 2nd mutant head gimmick.

>playing with friend at age 7
>combined our toys for maximum play potential
>playing while watching Beast Wars
>friends house phone rings
>was told to answer "user's residents"
>show gets hype as fuck
>pick up the phone
Beast Wars residents, may I ask who is calling?

This show still pumps me up like none other

>they're practically beast wars
You know, despite being branded Animorphs and NOT BEING FUCKING ROBOTS.

Beast Machines saved us from Beast Wars' retarded sense of humor.

And after the animorph toyline didn't sell, Hasbro retooled a few toys to create the Mutant Beast sub line for Beast Wars. These character even appeared in IDW's BW minis.
So they are robots you fuck

the vehicle modes made sense organically and it was fine

it was didio's meddling that hurt mainframe in the long run however

>This was Silverbolt in Beast Machines

>branded Animorphs
Except they're branded Transformers 1st, then Animorphs 2nd on the packaging there buddy

Beast Machines traded in a sense of humor, something the TF franchise has always had in some form, for an ultra edgy goth industrial vibe that was so cringey and stereotypical of the late 90s and a super cliche hippie environmentalist "machinery is evil" message

Great! I bet you still wear a black trenchcoat in 2017

And their toys were terrible.

The Mutants aren't the Animorph Humans turning into robots, fuck boy.

So were the 1st wave of BW toys in '96. Same engineering and design teams for both lines.

No?

......y u so mad bro? The toy industry is dumb. Hasbro branded them as transformers to sell them, cause they knew they had turds, but paramount was pushing for a toy tie in. That one mutant clearly has an andalite (centaur alien) head. I mean, be mad, but this shit happened.

You idiots are arguing toys vs canon
No, the Animorphs are not canon to Transformers even if some of the toys that are canon to some parts of Transformers were originally made out of Animorphs scraps

Yes, the Animorphs toyline was put out as part of the Transformers toyline

Whoop de fucking doo

It still wasn't it's own show as it just repackaged the original cartoon and the movie.

>Something with a scorpion tail
>Transforms into something else that still has a scorpion tail

To be fair, around that time lots of Transformers did the same shit....

>TRANSFORMS FROM A CHEETAH
>INTO A STANDING UP CHEETAH

>CAR
>TURNS INTO A CAR THAT STANDS UP

YEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSS~

I really don't care what they turned into that match, I appreciate the series for actually having entertaining characters you could feel some attachment to.

also for making a megatron who (after season 1) could be legitimately intimidating/threatening

BW Megatron did manage to take over Cybertron.

Improvement over literal furry awoo face.

There were plenty of jokes in Beast Machines, it just wasn't stupid out of place slapstick that Beast Wars just was overwhelmed by.

Beast Machines sucked as a show, as a Transformers sequel, and as a toyline. It has no redeemable qualities and completely ruined the G1 continuity forever.

>t. truk not munkee

Hasbro hire me, I got a new wave of Beast Wars for you.
Maximals:
Moose, Blue Whale, Walrus, Mole, Ostrich, Anteater, Hippo
Predacons:
Angler Fish, Leech, Vulture, Centipede, Gila Monster, Thorny Devil, Chameleon

Where's my paycheck, Hasbro?

>two aquatic characters
Not going to be very good for adapting to a show
>three lizards
Come on, how are you gonna sell toys that way
>a fish
For the main cast? No way

When I was a little kid I thought Beast Wars was scary because of the cgi so I avoided it as much as possible, but when I went back to watch it in full a year ago I found that it was actually one of the best shows of its time. I think it's best that I didn't watch it as a little kid because of all the weird deep shit that happens in it like how it takes place shortly G1 Transformers crashlanded onto Earth and how BW Megatron's plan was to mouthrape all of the spacetime continuum by destroying Optimus Prime's Matrix of Leadership. God seriously what the fuck happening?

It's the toy line idea.

Yeah that was too bad. Still though pre-Transmetals was Godlike kids animated television.

RIP Canadian-American animation

Press F to pay respects

haha this faggot got killed but Waspinator could be hit with a nuclear explosion and still go "DOOOOOOOO WASPINATOR FEEL LIKE HAD BIG BURRITO BREAKFAST IN WHOLE BODY"

>IT'SSS NOT GOING TO SSSUCK ITSELF, VERMIN

Beast Machines also made them look fucking uglier as hell, like what the fuck happened to Cheetor?

DA NA NA

BEASTIES

They decided Transformers wasn't hip anymore, so they made a show about mutant animals fighting evil machines

Then tried to apply it to Transformers

What's the term for a Beast Wars genwunner?

CURSED

"fag"

A Beastie.

I don't know, but it doesn't apply to me if that's what you're getting at.

I am a huge fan and lover of all TF animated media aside from anime, and Beast Machines

On topic, the Beast Era is my favorite entry into the franchise. Its' writing was fantastic and I loved how well the characters, story, nd fun bits all evened themselves out. SURE it's not the most visually appealing, but it's really fun to see the animators get used to the medium as the episodes go on.
Primal is my favorite Optimus, even.

Beast Machines is... WELL. It's absolutely the most grimdark thing Hasbro's ever put out themselves, and dear god half the cast is possessed by some spooks or some shit, but,

I've been doing an en-masse rewatch of TF stuff to make cards for something. I started with the Beast Era because, well, favorite, but I went backwards from BM. After considering it, I enjoyed BM as well; mostly because of lore. The characterizations were... Primal's on drugs and Megatron's lost his mind, to say nothing of what they did to poor Rattrap; but it's not bad. I still preferred Beast Machines Primal to Aligned Optimus.

TL;DR I love me some munkky

youtube.com/watch?v=xseO3uX9Sv0&t=43m16s

Anime Transformers is great when it's not Energon or 9/10ths of Armada
youtube.com/watch?v=ltJHnxd1JIo

>Don't you dare to compare piss to shit!
They may be very different, but both stink, man.

Fox.

They had to have non-violent heroes. No guns, "magic" instead of weapons. It's crazy the hoops corporations jump through to be safe and broadly accepted. We got hippie bullshit. Its so sad cause the show could have been amazing.

>Terrorsaur and Rhinox and others got transmetals
>Scorponok had a transmetal happymeal toy.

The worst crime Beast Machines could've committed was not even trying to have physically achievable transformations. If you're not even going to bother to try and come up with movable parts for your design in a Transformers show then what's even the point.
Also ugly ass human faces.

Maybe they looked at the toys being just lame "stand up switch heads" affairs and realized you can't make a cool transformation out of that.

And you can't.

It's why Beast Hunters was the worst TF subline ever: every beast mode was just a dragon and every transformation was just stand up, switch heads. The LEGION figures were more creative.

Gen1 was just, extend legs, turn them, reveal head.

No, that was Machine Robo aka Gobots.

All transformers had easy gimmicks to transform. It's just, cars and jets turning into robots is boring. Glorified Hotwheels.

>IDW Beast Wars mini.

U wot? Fuck, I need to check this out!

Not really

There's a MEGA for the TF comics.
mega.nz/#F!Ax4nUCCT!_5vN--HYA1R6ahJUNcx-wQ

Beast Wars stuff is:
(2005-) IDW > Alternative Continuities > Beast Wars

Should we talk about the new TAAO here or make a new thread?

>I still preferred Beast Machines Primal to Aligned Optimus
Aligned Optimus is so overrated. He has zero personality.
New thread would be ideal.
Shit is going to go down now that there's a new canon couple. I'm ready for the asspained anons.

>now that there's a new canon couple
Now what did the airheaded writers do?

They went the whole way with Blast off and Onslaught

Oh thanks be I've never paid a dollar for Scott's dreck.

He died for your sins before it was cool to do so

so storytime today?

The Animorphs toys might have been the worst thing of all time. But the Ax to Scorpion one was badass.

Please.

Make a new thread if you do.

>guys i've got the greatest idea, how about an animal that turn into ANOTHER animal?

No i'm asking if anyone here is willing to do that?

I have you senpai

>So were the 1st wave of BW toys in '96
>terrible

Ok fag. $20 got you a large, chunky figure with a ton of weapon gimmicks, an incredible amount of articulation(even for now, how many Transformers have waist and proper neck articulation?) and one of the nicest TF headsculpts of all time.

>I still preferred Beast Machines Primal to Aligned Optimus
Well yeah Primal was great. Not as great as animated Optimus tho

Sad that G1 fans gave Machine Robo such a bad rep. The figures are overall a lot nicer than the Transformers line as a whole, especially after the Diaclone source material petered out. ell,t eh Machine Robo toys at least, the other figures sourced for Go-bots weren't as good. ButtMachine Robo itself where very nice little toys; Puzzler is a much better engineered figure than just about any G1 combiner. Unfortunately, Americans are size queens who wanted bigger toys.