Why do people hate this movie again? Was it THAT bad ?

Why do people hate this movie again? Was it THAT bad ?

I didn't even see it because I heard what it was about and thought it sounded moronic

its pretty good

The biblical allegory is fucking retarded.
The escalation was pretty good though.

only contrarian faggots hate it. the rest of the world think it was pretty good.

Also Aronofsky is a hack and his only good movie was Wrestler.

It has a few points on which loses people:
1. It's an allegory told through visuals. Some people don't dig that.
2. It heavily draws on religion.ome people don't dig that.
3. It has a pretty drastic third act that can turn people off big time. I saw people walk out at that part.
4. It has an acute case of 'Director-ruining-his-movie-with-his-interviews'. I loved the movie, than some people showed me what Aronofsky said about it and it made me frustrated.
5. There are contrarians who don't like anything that some call a pleb-filter.

So this movie had a hard time to get traction for these reasons I think.

Aside from the sacrifice of the child and brother killing a brother, was there anything else biblical that I missed?

The whole fuckong movie - Adam and Eve, forbidden fruit fucking deluge SWAT is Romans etc

The garden that they literally call Eden at one point.
Water was used that implied the Flood. I don't remember where but at the early times She points out that the sink isn't supported.
When He is finished with the poem she says: 'Then I better start working on the Apocalypse'.
At the Gathering when people brake the sink He ushers everyone out: water clensing the Earth: the Flood again.
Eve was not offered something that she ate.
The iconography that is plastered around the house after the birth is reminescent hos icons are used in the Orthodox Tradition.
Using ink (the material used by Him) to mark the forehead of those who belongs to the believers.
Someone literally says "Goys"
Also the police is like the early purges in Rome.

This is all that comes to mind right now.

One of my favs from 2017.This and The Killing Of A Sacred Deer were exremely enjoyable in a mostly lackluster year.

Disregard all that religious allegory shit and watch it as an absurdist comedy a la Pinter/Beckett/Bunuel. Maybe I'm just perverse but it made me laugh out loud.

Works like that too

kek

the graphic onscreen death of an infant lost me when watching a movie.
sorry, just not for me.

>when Sup Forums met jlaw

Why? It's not even that graphic. Neck gets snapped and boom, it's bones and meat in next 10 seconds already.

One of the best movies 2017

But its a movie you can only watch once to really enjoy, Watch it more than you wont like it near as much
First time you are like what the fuck is going, in a good way because you want to keep watching and see what happens next and as it reaches the end suddenly everything makes so clear

kek

I'm with you, I saw it at a multiplex with about ten older people, and I was laughing my ass off the whole time. There were a couple of good body horror moments too. Imo it was like Polanski and bunuel and all those motherfuckers