Why didn't Aragorn command the ghost army to take over Mordor?

why didn't Aragorn command the ghost army to take over Mordor?

>sending ghosts to fight a necromancer
Good idea

jej

>Attacking a superlative necromancer in his own place of power with a ghost army

Sounds legit.

Fighting a necromancer with dead things. Sounds like a plan

>Using an army full of dead souls to fight a powerful Necromancer in his own territory, what could go wrong?

>using a wraith army to combat a powerful necromancer
oh gee I don't know

>FIGHTING A SUMMON NECRO WITH UNDEAD

LOLOLOLOLOL

Why didn't the eagles lightspeed through Barad Dur?

Why didn't Gandalf just quip Balrog?

>fighting a dead guy controller with a buncha dead guys

lol

The ghosts agreed to fight under the promise that the king of Gondor would release them, after honoring an old promise. If Aragorn kept them, he would be dishonorable, and they would just kill him.

Why didn't Aragorn just take One Ring and enslave the ghosts and kill all of Middle Earth?

Fighting a fully fleged high-negromonger with undead... um sweetie.

>sauron
>dead
wut

Seriously tho guys.... what was Aragorn's tax policy?

Because he is a man of honour and held true to his oath.

Because he's a hero in this old British guy's series of books, not the bad guy.

Eagles were more OP so he went with those.

Why didn't Disney make him villain in second movie and have his former friends fight him and then he realise he did bad and he does good?

Because then Arwen wouldn't put out. Imagine being 70 year old virgin.

>wizard in your party
>never uses magic

You don't fuck around when premium Elf pussy is on the line. Elf women don't go for that Dark Lord shit.

>ywn see Aragorn and co with the grey company turn up at pelennor instead of ghosts

Jackson hated that shit and wanted to keep magic to a minimum. That's why the fight between Saruman and Gandalf in FOTR is like a psychic battle with two old grampas flying around hitting the wall and floor, instead of force lightning and orbs floating around.

it pisses me off when people say gandalf would be beaten by dumbledore when gandalf can easily kill ten+ orcs with a simple flash of his staff

could movie legolas kill suaron's entire army?

Yes

Ya know I get the whole “don’t use your OP magic to kill all the orcs because you’re not allowed” but every time shit was about to fall apart he used his magic, how come those times are exceptions?

>scaring away the ring wraithes with the light beam
>breaking the rock to let the sunlight petrify the trolls
>using the AoE knockdown in Goblin Town
>Throwng fireball pine cones

>"Haha HAHAHA *sniff* hey guys heh I know I just asked you to help defeat this big army in exchange for forgiveness but EL OH EL guys theres this other massive army and a big building with an orange eye on top of it that I need you to fuck up for me just one more time and THEN I'll free you like I said I would the first time I swear behehehah"

It would've been dishonourable and unkingly to deceive them like that.

Is caring about dumb "plot holes" the way a pseud hides he cannot view a film or novel beyond a superficial level? I understand plot consistency is important for good immersion, but this fucking brain dead nerds need to stop.

cool webm, mind if i save it?

It's all yours friend

>Be high level, world famous wizard with near max INT
>Can't solve basic tutorial stage riddle

>absolutely love LOTR trilogy and I've seen it countless times
>couldn't even make it through first Hobbit and always fall asleep
Honestly, what went wrong?

>be ghosts for hundreds of years
>hang out in spook town for all that time
>win one battle just by being invincible ghosts
>March a couple days to easily win another battle

Seriously, they’ve been dead for a really long time, would a couple more days and another battle really be that bad for them?

but hobbits were probably the best race for riddles. Frodo would've been a master at riddles after being raised by Bilbo.

>Power Draw: 8
>Archery: 200
>Autism: 11

What game is this?

gandalf obviously maxed wisdom and charisma with the rest going into strength and constitution

He solved all puzzles with YouTube walkthrough.

Because he is true to his word.

IN THE BOOK HE DID THO. MOVIE CHANGED THAT

Lack of time given to Jackson and greed on the part of the studio.

Meme answers aside, it's because the oath was for the warriors to defend Gondor, not invade Mordor. By coming to defend Minas Tirith the undead army fulfilled their oath.

Attacking Mordor is part of defending Gondor. If Frodo fails then Gondor is all but lost

Germany didn't invade Poland, it was a pre-emptive defence

why not call Lessie for destroy the ring?

if the ring can change its size why didn't it become the size of the mountain so that the Nazguls can find it?

wait a minute that card

Why didn't Aragorn cut taxes?

dumbledore kills hundreds of inferi with one flash of his staff, and thats after being poisoned to unconsciousness. gandalf loses every time because hes not allowed to use any of his god powers beyond making little fireworks

It's so fucking bad.

best elf does

He was a good melon.

sauron isn't a necromancer

why didnt they just send a t800 back in time to kill Isildur?

Hey yea wtf

If Poland was actually about to conquer the rest of Europe then yes it would have been a pre-emptive defence. What, are you saying the dark forces of Sauron were all good boys who dindu nuffin?

>YOU SHALL NOT PASS
>*without orange slices*

Around Poles, cover your holes. - Adolf Hitler (1931)

Why? There's nothing in Mordor, they have no way of destroying the essence of Sauron, and meanwhile Minas Tirith's entire population will be slaughtered by orcs.

>These staves he spoke, yet he laughed as he said them. For once more lust of battle was on him; and he was still unscathed, and he was young, and he was king: the lord of a fell people. And lo! even as he laughed at despair he looked out again on the black ships, and he lifted up his sword to defy them.

>And then wonder took him, and a great joy; and he cast his sword up in the sunlight and sang as he caught it. And all eyes followed his gaze, and behold! upon the foremost ship a great standard broke, and the wind displayed it as she turned towards the Harlond. There flowered a White Tree, and that was for Gondor; but Seven Stars were about it, and a high crown above it, the signs of Elendil that no lord had borne for years beyond count. And the stars flamed in the sunlight, for they were wrought of gems by Arwen daughter of Elrond; and the crown was bright in the morning, for it was wrought of mithril and gold.

>Thus came Aragorn son of Arathorn, Elessar, Isildur's heir, out of the Paths of the Dead, borne upon a wind from the Sea to the kingdom of Gondor; and the mirth of the Rohirrim was a torrent of laughter and a flashing of swords, and the joy and wonder of the City was a music of trumpets and a ringing of bells. But the hosts of Mordor were seized with bewilderment, and a great wizardry it seemed to them that their own ships should be filled with their foes; and a black dread fell on them, knowing that the tides of fate had turned against them and their doom was at hand.

they could happily kill Aragorn and all of them if they felt they were going to be betrayed or used, they only helped in the hopes of getting the curse broken. It wouldn't really help with stopping Sauron get the ring or letting Frodo destroy it.

He's a rogue that skilled into use magic device.