I'm increasingly worried about Infinity Wars because the Guardians have more of a reason to fight Thanos than the...

I'm increasingly worried about Infinity Wars because the Guardians have more of a reason to fight Thanos than the Avengers. I mean
>>Gamora and Nebula as the abused daughters
>>Drax wants revenge
>>The Galaxy widely fears him.
Meanwhile, the Avengers and all the other Earth heroes don't even know he exists. How can they effectively make the Avengers and Thanos antagonistic relationship work? I can't see Cap or Iron Man being able to have a discourse with him that would ring true. Hell, Tony's conversation would probably come off as clunky as

youtube.com/watch?v=eBuAx5KVGNQ

It always kind of amuses me when people worry about the movies ruining Thanos.

I mean, his whole deal is that he wants Death-senpai to notice him. Come on now.

It's almost as if they've not really set up thanos as a good villain

But I was told that I enjoy the MCU and consider it high quality.

The guardians will fight him because they have beef and then the avengers will join because they're the "good guys"

>How can they effectively make the Avengers and Thanos antagonistic relationship work?

He comes in and kicks their asses. After that they have an entire separate movie later on that expands and concludes said relationship.

>the Avengers and all the other Earth heroes don't even know he exists.
It's almost as if Infinity War is going to introduce them to him.

Infinity Stones are on Earth. Thanos attacks Earth to get them.

The Avengers go into space to "avenge". It's pretty simple. Tony Stark didn't need to have a decades old rivalry with Loki to want to kick his ass.

I'm hoping we get a Quest movie worked up with how long they've been dragging this out. I know we won't but it'd get me even more excited and introduce Thanos and his motives to the casuals making up most of their money.

>Thanos comes to Earth
>Kills Vision
>Takes the stone out of his forehead
>Leaves
There you go.

Your real question should be is how theyre going to have Avengers, GoTG, and Doctor Strange without making one of the movie's hero's look like complete weaklings compared to the others. Who will they sacrifice to raise the stakes? Who will be beat senselessly? Who will eventually come up on top? for the last I think its clearly going to be Quill, Strange and possibly both Iron man and Captain America's combined effort to beat him.

>Thanos attacks first with element of surprise
>Avengers try to stop him but are powerless and made to feel it
>Vision and Strange's stones get stolen leaving Vision dead
>Motivation and compulsion to retaliate
>Guardians are introduced to provide their knowledge and their combined reason to fight Thanos

And where is Sentry and Surfer during all of this?

>How can they effectively make the Avengers and Thanos antagonistic relationship work? I can't see Cap or Iron Man being able to have a discourse with him that would ring true.

If they find out Thanos sent Loki and the Chitauri to Earth, then they're going to want to whoop his ass. Tony is STILL salty about New York. Simple as that. And Thor is already paranoid about Infinity Stones

I really don't agree with your post, it seems all the pieces are falling together already

The chitauri could be killed with a glock 26

Welcome to 5 years ago.

Reminder that there has yet to be a single good villain fight in the MCU.

What, you mean when Thanos come for the Mind Gem, inside Visions head, will allow them all the meet? Sheer madness!

>Drax wants revenge
For what? It was Ronan who killed his family

Thanos terrorizing the galaxy concerns the Avengers too. Thanos sent his army to earth
Gamora has a personal issue with Thanos, but Vision has too, since he wields one of the infinity stones.

GOTG are supporting characters in this film, stated numerous times.

>For what? It was Ronan who killed his family
Ronan, under Thanos' orders. Drax says this at the end of GotG 1.

has nothing to do with what he said.

>Reminder that there has yet to be a single good villain fight in the MCU.
There was an amazing villain fight by their second movie. Hulk vs. Abomination.

By making it ALL TONY'S FAULT. AGAIN.

Tony tries to unlock the powers of the Mind Gem. He finds out about Thanos and tries to claim his power by luring him to Earth, only for Thanos to rage out of control and kill him. The other Avengers swear to get revenge for Tony's death.

It's almost like they planned the leaks of all those Vision/Scarlet Witch scenes to build anticipation for a superhero love story, just so it'll hurt more when Thanos shows up and ruins everything.

Hopefully Vision won't be permanently killed off, though.

>what is Incredible Hulk

They said that Infinity War will basically have him as protagonist.

Plenty of time to build something up, he is probably will start by wrecking Asgard...again.

>Hopefully Vision won't be permanently killed off, though.

I kinda do. Not because I dislike Vision, but because I think it would just work for the sake of development for the characters close to him.

Though, I admit, the really biggest reason why I would not want him to die is because I want to protect her smile.

Rumor has it that the movie revolves around the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy splitting into teams to retrieve the Infinity Stones scattered across the galaxy once Thanos launches his offensive.

Bitch forgot all about her brother and now wants to suck some synthezoid dick,

hate this meme

It was a year later, user. You really want her to still be grieving so much she can't do anything?

>I kinda do. Not because I dislike Vision, but because I think it would just work for the sake of development for the characters close to him.

I think you can achieve all of that development for Wanda, Thor, and maybe Tony, without having him die. Or at least not stay dead. People believing that someone always has to die is why we lost Quicksilver already.

> Though, I admit, the really biggest reason why I would not want him to die is because I want to protect her smile.

If he dies, we're never seeing that smile again, user. Why even live?

>I think you can achieve all of that development for Wanda, Thor, and maybe Tony, without having him die.
Can we?

>People believing that someone always has to die is why we lost Quicksilver already.
No, we lost Quickslav because Whedon is aware of his reputation.

>If he dies, we're never seeing that smile again, user. Why even live?
Because I wanna see her smile.

And because I'm too much of a pansy to kill myself.

>Can we?

If he almost dies, and they have to find some way to save him, if a choice has to be made between saving him or fighting Thanos and his crew, and not everyone agrees on which one to do, because some of the team still don't see him as a person.

Or if they revive him but he's not himself anymore, just an unfeeling robot like the white Vision in the comics, and until he's fixed, that's even worse for everyone than if he was dead.

> No, we lost Quickslav because Whedon is aware of his reputation.

Aware of it, and a slave to it.

> Because I wanna see her smile.

It really is beyond words to describe.

> And because I'm too much of a pansy to kill myself.

Don't do it, user, you'd never see that smile again.

>It really is beyond words to describe.

Indeed, it is.

Why does anyone pretend like Thanos is a good character? He has had more character development in Annihilation than he did in any story where he was an actual villain.

Any change that they make to him is already better than how he is in the comics

Did you not read Iron Man 55?

Drax was created just to beat up Thanos. Place him under arrest if need be

Cap vs Bucky in Winter Soldier
Ant-Man vs Yellowjacket
Avengers vs Chitauri

>Place him under arrest if need be

Will we ever get a Civil War 2 homage where Carol tries to arrest Thanos?

Iron Man & War Machine vs the drone army and Whiplash was great, but it only lasts a few seconds.