/trek/ Star Trek General

"Some of you guys are alright, don't go to the bridge tomorrow if you're in the Enterprise."

Got demoted to ensign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4YpKo6IYtY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

10 forward is safe right

Don't count on it

3rd for Nothing Wrong with Wearing Striped Socks

Nothing wrong.

Literally nothing. Each of these characters' motivations were justified.

>The vorta
>Left let his entire battalion die to save himself and betrayed the founders
>Middle allowed a founder to die under her watch
>Weyoun, trusted Dukat, allowed their reinforcements to be destroyed by the prophets, betrayed the founders to Odo, got killed by Worf and lacked the ability to defend a founder from Garak
>Also Enabran Tain got the obsidian order destroyed and was fatter but not as attractive as Riker

>angry-looking dude in a goofy suit holding a giant USB stick
>b-but it's far better than Star Wars!

no, it's not

>reddit spacing

>Eddington
Maquis deserve no mercy
>Janeway
>Keiko
>Doing nothing wrong
>let his entire battalion die to save himself
The Jem'hadar are worthless anyway, and if it is any consolation he died an humilliating death soon afterwards.

UFoPs was a communist organization operating under the guise of democratic collectivism.

Damn, are you still angry about that?

Leave Mr. Broccoli alone!

What's the difference?

>The Federation was Communist

>What's the difference?
The friggin' world. In one, a small group of Jews run everything, in another everyone owns everything.

I mean within the context of star trek. There are no "groups of jews" except for Bajorans.

>Sisko, you and I know this replicated stuff is just proteins and hydrocarbons made to look like real food.
>But have you ever grown your own food.
>I've grown soy beans, REAL soy beans.
>Have you ever felt the satisfaction of the estrogen flowing through you after taking a long sip from a tall glass of fresh soy milk?

On the last episode of DS9 lads, gonna be sad to see it end.

>"What we found was that we can lean a little more heavier into the science fiction and not have to worry so much about knocking out a joke every page. The show is an hour and really can and wants to service its storytelling in a way that makes it a priority. The jokes come as they come, the comedy comes as it comes."

>"One of the really successful episodes to me in the first season was the one where Claire and Isaac are trapped on that planet alone," MacFarlane said. "It was a very dark, kind of somber episode that still lived in that world very successfully. That episode for me in the first season was a real test of how far we can take the genuine science fiction aspect to it."

>Firstly, there's “going to be at least” 14 episodes in season 2, which is a couple more than we had during the first, but don't count on a big episode order beyond that - MacFarlane is not a fan of the idea: “I’d rather do fewer episodes and have them be better content-wise than do 22 and have them be filler," he said, before dashing a few hopes that The Orville will return in 2018, “No, there’s too much to do.”
welp. maybe it'll be worth the wait

((((Ferengi))))

oy vey shut it down

Why did they suddenly change uniforms in DS9?

>One of the really successful episodes to me in the first season was the one where Claire and Isaac are trapped on that planet alone
Interesting that he thinks so. I felt like Isaac was their most successful parody, because his physical acting and dialog mirror Data so exactly, yet he comes across as extremely threatening where Data just seemed like a lovable dork.
It was a stroke of genius to realize that just by taking away his face, the true horror (not to mention the existential threat to the ship) of Data would be revealed.

Ferengi are literally Jews. Even the name alludes to that.

If the fact that they entire fucking way of life of making profit and snatching people out of their money doesn't give it away.

Ferengi have more in common with Chinese than Jews

Trek movies always cause uniform changes across star fleet. DS9 went to First Contact style uniforms and comm badges.

no they are supposed to be greedy kikes

Fighting Kirk the lizard man's motives were justified, but purging a human colony with no warning for violating a claim they had no idea about because his people had made no effort to communicate it to anyone but themselves wasn't.

I think they're supposed to be sneaky chinks

Damn so Orville return at mid season in early 2019? 2018 is void of any good TV for me.
Any rumors of STD's second season? Gonna be late 2019 i bet. Fuck.

Now's a good time to get around to all those space shows you haven't watched yet

no they are greedy kikes

nah, Ferengi were never some great power and they are obsessed with prophet, a very un-Confucian ideal. And Ferengi aren't known for making counterfeit Starfleet goods.
Also, huge ears = huge noses.

I think Bajorans might be Armenians.

Already confirmed, and it's going to have Andorians and Tellarites.

>We'll have to wait another year at least for the already completed episode 13

STD being back in 2019 confirmed you mean? HELP!

>I think Bajorans might be Armenians.
Wait, I love that comparison actually. The only problem is that "Cardassian" is literally an Armenian name.

Which "Battlestar Galactica" is the one in the Mid Tier?

I thought they won't show it because it kills off Alara and seth is currently fucking her?? I suspect that will be a lost episode.

The recent one is the one in high tier so i would assume it's the OG one.

>it's going to have Andorians and Tellarites.
Fucking finally. Two of the four founding races of the Federation and we almost never see them. I think in the 90s they just didn't want to bother with the makeup, but STD should be able to afford to show them around all over the place.

I'm glad they're putting the work in but I hope having such a long wait doesn't kill it off, I really enjoyed The Orville.

I agree with him to be honest, and that episode does a good job of showcasing exactly what you're talking about before the kids (and the audience by extension) eventually warm up to him. He's spooky as fuck in the holodeck episode that follows it too, but I didn't really care for that one for other reasons. I wouldn't want every episode to be as bleak as that one, but he's not wrong to call it a successful experiment.

I didn't make the chart, but I assume that's the old one. Never seen it, so I don't know where it belongs.
I think I'm going to start watching Babylon 5 though. It's on some streaming service called "go90" for free.

>STD
>good tv
Shit taste detected

Was her artwork good or shit?

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

It's better than Jews but it's still not a very good comparison. Armenians were tolerated on and off for centuries before the Young Turks decided to forcibly resettle them, while the Cardassians conquered Bajor and kept it under military occupation against an unsuccessful insurgency before they got tired of it all and pulled out. If anything I would compare them to Palestinians or Afghans, but I can hear REEEEing even before clicking 'post.'

Why does Keiko show up in the first spoon head episode? :)

Season 6 is probably the best DS9 season because it goes full serialized, week to week story structure and nearly every A and B plot is good so your constantly back and forth between Dukat/Weyoun/Odo/Changelings/Damar and the rest of the station followed by on the war lines with the fleet and Sisko at Starbase.

I like the comparison because Armenia has always been a thorn in the side of larger and more powerful empires that fought each other over it, even though it's relatively worthless.

Koreans?
Bajor used to be more advanced than Cardassia and sent ships there. Then they were later turned into a backwater and conquered.
Also both Japan and Cardassia literally did nothing wrong.

Palestinians isn't good because Cardassia didn't take Bajor as their own homeland, they conquered it as a part of their empire. I'm not sure where you're going with the Afgans.

Get ready for a whole new trek!

looks gay

>Bajor used to be more advanced than Cardassia and sent ships there.
In very ancient times, and those were pre-warp ships that could only explore local space. Bajor is just pretty close to Cardassia Prime.

youtube.com/watch?v=k4YpKo6IYtY

I thin k its time for more male gay in trek. Before it was only Q

To be honest, I fucking hate people who insist on making me listen to them speak aloud for 5+ minutes rather than allowing me to just read their theory.

>no episodes in 2018

WHAT THE FUCK

Why does this happen? What is wrong with Americans? I thought it was just Game of Thrones airing 7 episodes then waiting 2 years and then airing 8 more.

Shows used to air in the same season every year with approximately the same number of episodes until they were completed or cancelled. Now they just air randomly with a random number of episodes.

Really? I'm the opposite, I can do other shit while listening to some nerds theory on a fictional universe.

Shitposts aren't going to write themselves.

I never watch linked vids. It's never worth it.

Bro this isn't the fucking Golden Girls where they can shit out episodes in 4 days. I like the focus on quality and support the wait. Imagine if GoT just threw out the episodes. Shit would be done already.

Odo fucking tortured quark. Fucking syko!

Should have ended at season 4 desu.

>got
>focus on quality
It's been shit since at least Season 5

>shit out episodes in 4 days
>TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT all managed 24+ episodes a year
>Orville is literally 13 episodes a year
>now 13 episodes every 2 years

There is a point at which you have enough time to make more episodes without jeopardising the quality, and making 1 season every 2 years is clearly past it.

It is pretty good, might feel slow and cheaper than DS9 at first, but it gets very solid, specially after season 1.

I just hate youtube in general I guess. Sometimes I have to review youtube videos for work, and it's incredibly frustrating how much longer it takes than finding the same information in simple text. When I'm on my own time, I'd rather not waste it with that.

Got ws shit in ses 1 lad

No way dude Hardhome was the best episode of the series and The Door made me cry. But I will agree this season was shit.

I do agree two years is fucking pushing it but with TNG you can see the seams of the show. The reused sets and makeup on the extras just makes it look cheap. I am also sad we have to wait, and I hope for a show like Orville they are taking so long due to writing cuz the productions values aren't that great frankly.

Please make sure to use hooktube if possible. We need to bring down youtubes monetization model.

I feel like Seth would have the time to get the show done in 2018 if some or all of his animated shows were canned.

That said, none of the Trek shows ever had the showrunner be the star either.

Seth is a poo head full of his own turds

So far I like how they were forward-thinking enough to film the series in widescreen, and how they are confident enough in their (laughable by today's standards) CGI to use it all over the place. It seems like there is some legitimately interesting world-building going on as well, but far too early for me to tell much about it.

On the other hand, the acting is unbelievably hammy, the script is stilted and overly expository, and the costumes are a bad joke. But I'm thinking that once I get to know the characters and their world, that stuff won't be as distracting.

>Hardhome was the best episode of the series
meh, I don't give a fuck about le ebin battles. I was more interested in the characters and politicing. Rome is one of my favorite shows, and aside from the pilot and the Battle of Philippi the battles were poorly done or just glossed over.

GoT went to shit the more magic became real.

Kira stays too skinny

I am also just watching B5 myself, I'm about 1/3 of the way into s2. The first season was full of really shitty dialogue and mediocre acting from the human characters, particularly Ivanova (I actively was apologising to her whenever she was on-screen for the shitty lines her actress had to read) and incredibly hilariously bad CG.

It gets better in s2 though, but the Captain changes which is a shame coz I really liked Sinclair.

Which trek whore has the best milkies in 2018?

I swore to myself back in 2008 that if Star Trek ever introduced this fucking gay shit that I would stop watching it for good. I suppose that time has come. Sad, I really enjoyed the series while it lasted. But it has become corrupted.

Wats wrong with gay?

>What is wrong with Americans
Well, people in your shitbag country can get off their ass and start making media too you know. There is no law prohibiting it.

Oh come off ur high horse

They do but all the good actors/actresses go to America because there's more money. But then even with all their money they just sit on their asses doing nothing for entire years at a time.

I see u k now the business

What happend to brent spinal after star trek?

I think Geordi looks the coolest without the visor but without those blue contacts either.

I like the visor. It dehumanizes him

I haven't been here in a long time what's been going on?

Why didn't jordie just get transplant eyes?

The technology didn't exist at the time

STD shills are here now

We are talking about gordy.

You know, I've watched the STD. I like the first episode, but everything else has been regrettably lackluster as if the whole series was being made by a bunch of sub-verbal australopithecines.

DISCOVRI

Eye transplants have been done since the early 1900s.

What is Romulan television programming like?

Rubbish

Do you wish a frank evaluation?

Not on people who are born blind

>On Imperial Romulus, Television Watches You!