Just watched it for the first time

Just watched it for the first time.

And it fucking sucked.

Nobody cares, blogposting dipshit.

well im telling you anyway.

faggot.

has some nice visuals, essential viewing for fans of anime, cyberpunk, or japan.

First anime I ever saw

akira represents hitler, the avatar of vishnu and the man against time and the incarnation of wotan

my dad made we watch this when I was 6, it fucked with me

It's just a shitty devilman ripoff.

Gorgeous movie.

The plot is absolute nonsense though. I'm told it made actual sense in the manga.

One of the most impressive and stunning films of the medium visually/audibly but its nothing more than a tech demo really.

Anything that's edgy may as well be a devilman ripoff, devilman was and always will be shit.

This.

Ghost in The Shell, is streets ahead of Akira in terms of narrative. But Akira is the most beautiful work of anime I've seen.

I care, user. I care.

Akira has the best visuals in any anime movie, but Spirited Away is the best overall.

they made it before the manga was finished, as it goes with many anime. the manga is more fleshed out but it's not that much better, nerds just make a big deal out of it to "prove" that they read the books.

take your soytoons to

srsly? watch falling down and then watch this and tell me you don’t see the similarity. certainly it’s way more barebones than falling down, not disagreeing with you there. but two characters endure similar hardships in life and have opposite reactions. one, tetsuo/dfens, become bitter and reclusive, and feel as if the world owes them something. they blame the world for their problems they then go on a rampage and are consumed by their own hatred. the foil, kaneda/prendergast, go through similar hardships, but instead of sperging out, have the “correct” response and take it in stride, and end up doing the right thing all along.
im not saying it isnt barebones but you see there is a point to it?

I watched an anime for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it a lot.
Contemplating this one as well, but I feel like this is a slippery fucking slope.

Kaneda is a qt patootie.

What'd you watch?
My first anime was High School of the Dead, i watched it on youtube.

Review