Sup Forums here...

Sup Forums here, I'm curious about the "no-kill rule" in capeshit when we were discussing the same thing done in anime like Tri-Gun, it was brought up. Is it truly as stupid as it is made out to be? I remember seeing a page where Superman was dooming a universe or something because he refused to kill a guy I think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qb5Z8E0MoLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

generally no, but there are some stupid examples that just come from bad writing over 80 years of history

Most of the time it's just showing that the heroes don't want to become dictators on earth (and don't want to kill off all the well liked villains that need to stick around too)

>Superman was dooming a universe or something because he refused to kill a guy I think?
That story was a prophesy story. Some guy had a vision that the world would be destroyed cause of some guy and tried to kill him. Superman said that that was stupid and you can't just kill someone cause you think you know the future and refused to go along.
Most heroes do kill if they absolutely have to. They just have strong principles they stick to.

Back in the day, it was just because cape comics where made for kids and had to promote positive social values.

The only reason it's stuck around over the years is because it allows companies to keep popular villains alive for use in future stories. There's a reason why heroes like the Punisher don't have beloved Rogues Galleries.

It should be noted that when heroes make an exception and kill someone for being too dangerous, they just fucking come back to life.

However, plenty of supervillains tend to go into decade long "he's in jail" periods. Pretty sure the joker has not been a major player on anyone's book for a couple years now, for example and marvel essentially doesn't have villains anymore, since their heroes are too busy dealing with everyday shit, helping mexicans cross the border and otherwise fighting each other.

How are other Sup Forums heroes besides Trigun-man that don't kill? There's HunterxHunter boy and who else?

Saitama refuses to kill anyone who's human no matter what

Goku lets pretty much all his enemies escape again and again because he's a scumbag who cares more about his fight boner than anything else.

Isn't that future specifically happening because darkseid got killed, so his motherbox wants to turn lex into darkseid, so, some aliens saw this future and decided to kill lex, which would make the motherbox search someone else out and thus do jackshit to stop it?

If only darkseid had not been killed in the first place, huh?

Gods can't really be killed. More like his Earthly avatar body got destroyed.

Part of the reason is because they can't have the popular villains killed off which leads to retarded scenes of Batman going out of his way to save his gay lover the Joker.

>realizing good vs evil is a spook makes you a scumbag

Man that shit is awful.

Its one thing for Batman to not kill the Joker, its another thing entirely when he keeps GOING OUT OF HIS WAY to save the Joker's life, even at the expense of his own.

Should be noted that anime has the equivalent "only I get to kill him!" Where dudes will save their enemies so that they can beat them later.

It is when you literally heal your enemy of all the damage you managed to inflict, who's going to destroy the world if he wins, before setting him up to fight your son.

Gon kills HE KILLED PITOU

Gon is a sociopath. Once he had a reason, he killed without pause or remorse.

this Goku's a madman

He did? I thought not killing was this whole thing with his fight against the monk dude in the tournament. I've only seen the 99 series like a decade ago so I could remember wrong.

>here's a reason why heroes like the Punisher don't have beloved Rogues Galleries.

>Not mentioning Barracuda

Can't believe anyone still watches this shit

The Russian and Barracuda are pretty popular?

Also Jigsaw.

>what ? Madman goku dooming 8 universes is fun
>freeza coming back and possible becoming a good guy is interesting and set up as we have his son appearing in Neko majin
>We finally have Female Super saiyans

Lighten up user

Gon goes completely crazy after Pitou killed his mentor u really should watch 2011 and get to the chimera ant arc user

youtu.be/qb5Z8E0MoLY

How much of the new series is a repeat of the old series? Like how many episode until I finish the getting his license plots through the virtual reality plot?

LIKE, 70 just google when the greed island ark ends or something

75 episodes

Fuck

What if we just destroy his motherbox?

As Frank Castle said, there is a point where even Batman is evil for saving the Joker's life so he could kill more people.

I recently rewatched the scene where Goku spares Piccolo's life. Within the context of the arc, it's completely insane. Piccolo flies away promising in very clear terms that he will kill Goku and wipe out humanity as soon as he recovers. Goku stands there threatening his friends that he'll beat their asses if they try to stop the escaping monster.

It's extra weird since Goku straight up killed the first Piccolo. Toriyama morals are hella inconsistent.

Goku's Fighting Autism won out He's a madman user

That's not even an anime thing. Happens everywhere.

Literally happened in today's trinity.

It's only really a hard rule with Superman and Batman.

But in general being a vigilante, it's not going to go over well with the public if you murder people all the time.

after killing king picollo, Goku trained under Popo and learned to see good vs evil from a zen perspective. its fun, but taking it too seriously is bad for everyone involved.

if you don't like that explanation, if P Jr. dies then Kami dies too, which is not only the death of a friend but also means the dragonballs go inert. which means no more being able to just mass revive all the victims of the latest super powered conflict

And no kill rules isn't exclusive to capeshit, yet here we have OP.

Kid Goku was an actual hero who would fuck you up if you hurt his friends, adult goku is a fighting-obsessed manchild

Came to post this, entire Earth cities are gone thanks to Goku,fuck you combat adicted iliterate hick!

Replacing Buu with Frieza in the tournament is terrible for so many reasons.

Why have that scene where fit-Buu showed Goku he was somehow now both as excited as him to fight in it, and a smart fighter? If there's no payoff, that is a wasted scene that could have been used to actually develop a character.

And then why have all of the talk about how teamwork will be more important than power in this tournament, and then even consider adding Frieza. If you're going to swap out someone for Frieza, might as well also drop Tien, Krillin, and especially Roshi. If being the most powerful is suddenly what matters you could replace Roshi with Popo.

And if you're going to go into the afterlife to start recruiting villians, there's so many to choose from that aren't Frieza
Dabura had a change of heart (yeah, I know that was mostly filler). Plus they already mentioned special techniques being useful for this tournament with Krillin and Roshi, being able to turn any enemy to stone seems like a potential tourney winning move.
Or what about bringing Bardock back for a good old family reunion.
Speaking of family, Radditz. Sure, he's weak, but up until just now he was stronger than Roshi (hell, last we saw Yajirobe was stronger than Roshi), so there's no good reason he couldn't catch up if fucking Roshi could.

He has spares multiple villains not because he wanted to fight, but because he has his own, weird sense of morality:
>spared Piccolo Jr. Just because
>didn't spare Raditz because he was desperate and didn't see another way to get rid of him
>spared Vegeta because he respected his pride and thought he wasn't really evil
>spared Ginyu because "he can't hurt anyone anymore"
>spared Fireza because he begged for his life
>didn't spare Cell, but gave him a powerup just before fighting his son because he knew Gohan could beat Cell and thought Gohan wanted to fight him
>didn't spare Buu, but trained his reincarnation

Super Goku is the only one that puts his fighting boner before everything else.

Frieza has telekinesis. How is that not one of the best power to have in a tournament where only ring-outs count?

So you're saying that, while he's in the afterlife recruiting Frieza, Goku should also grab Guldo on the way out to swap Tien with, right?

The english translation made Goku seem like a good guy compared to what he was in the manga. In original japanese, Goku isn't good, he's "pure" in the same sense that an animal is: No human values or sins, just instinct and whim. He outright states that he think he's selfish for letting villains go because he wants to fight him again, cause that's what he relishes.

That and killing Piccolo Jr. would kill Kami, and killing Kami kills the dragon as well.

Go back to your containment board

Not killing is fucking stupid. Murder is always justified.

I agree but we gotta live with it being freeza. I woulda liked if it was Gine myself if we had to pick from Goku's family even though she wasn't a fighter. I still want to see her reaction to what goku's become

If you want to talk about anime why are you not on Sup Forums?

Baba can only bring back one dead person at a time

>It's extra weird since Goku straight up killed the first Piccolo.

He did that because he killed his best friend and his master and a lot of others.

He spared Piccolo Jr. because he learned that if he dies, the Dragonballs go as well.

He spared Raditz because he lied that he'll go good, then gave his life so they could kill him.

He spared Vegita... I don't know why, honestly.

He wanted to murder Freeza like crazy, but then gave him a pass because he had gone so batshit that it's not worth trying to beat him anymore. Then he attacked him in the back, sliced himself in half, and Goku still helped him - then he attacked him again, and Goku killed him (or so he thought). Oh and the planet was exploding at the time.

Cell was just his idiocy, and the fact that he was a shit father who thought his son was a raging fighting maniac, not a scared little kid.

no The reason their getting Freeza is 1. THE NIPS LOVE HIM 2. Frost v freeza 3. the u6 saiyans are going to be a big deal so freeza's gotta react to them

Freeza has a son? Jesus imagine his wife.

>dragonballs

Even if there weren't the things that are in the title of the series available, the fate of the universe is at stake, and the gods of the universe are invested in this. This is rather above Baba's head.

Does Sup Forums think it's in a position to judge no-kill rules?

Luffy doesn't kill peoplr but that seems to be purely because Oda won't allow anyone to die. It's honestly the biggest flaw in One Piece

yep he does. Theres theories right now that freeza is going to end up falling inlove with either Kale or Cauli the female u6 saiyans during the ToP (probably Cauli cause she's basically fem goku and freeza has a hate boner for goku)

>Shonen garbage is shit

WOW what a fucking surprise

Oh then it's no different from the reasoning Goku used to spare Dr. Gero.

Doesn't Freeza have his own super saiyan mode now, that puts him equal to SS God? that makes him way stronger than Buu, and he has all of his powers except the crazy regen and the ability to turn people into cookies.

Theres only 3 hours till the ToP. They already used both sets of balls. The Kais have to give up their lives to resurrect people, Whis doesn't give a shit cause his father says he's fine so he won't resurrect anyone and Beerus is a destroyer not a life bringer so he can't resurrect anyone. Baba's the only choice user

>Freeza has a son? Jesus imagine his wife.

Fan theory is that they reproduce asexually, like Nameks.

Yeah, and Goten and Trunks are stronger than any of the humans on the team. So is Cell (heck, Cell should have access to the same transformation Freeza does, being made out of him).
They already made it very clear that power is not the determining factor for this team. Putting Freeza in completely reverses that.

Goku never even met Gero, except when he was already an android, and he couldn't even fight his bodyguard because he had a heart disease at the time.

thats only one of the many fan theories

>They already used both sets of balls
Has it only been less than a year since Freeza was ressurected?
And what did they use the Namekian balls on?

When Trunks came and warned them 3 yrs prior, they thought about going to just kill Gero, but Goku (I'm pretty sure it was Goku because Bulma wanted to kill the guy) said that they shouldn't kill Gero for something he hadn't done yet. Of course Goku really just wanted to fight the Android and didn't even believe that, probably.

Has there been any consequences for Saitama doing this?

Goten and Trunks aren't fighters. Cell may not have access to the golden form since his power-ups have primarily been super saiyan states. And even if he has it, he would still need to train to get it while Freeza already has it.

I don't watch the show though so I've no clue whatever the hell the rules are.

nips don't like Cell also toei and everyone hate cells spots. Goten and trunks are too impulsive. Also Zeno probably would delete them cause he's autistic and wants 10 fighters so if they fuse u7 only has 9 fighters and the boys can't handle the weight of the universe being destroyed on their shoulders also their not going to use Kid trunks in anything this soon cause we just got done a trunks arc. Yes kid trunks barley did anything in the arc but damn it he Gave Future Trunks A pep talk

oh yeah, that.

Goku just told them "nah", I think Vegita outright threatened to kill her if she tried.

they used the earth balls on Curing pan's cold
and the Namekian balls on another stupid wish I can't remember off the top of my head

>they used the earth balls on Curing pan's cold

they fucking what? Did she have ebola or something?

it's dangerous when babies are sick
and Japanese colds are deadly
>inb4 it's not Japan it's dragonball world

it was a semi filler episode Goku wanted to bring King kai back to life but everyone else wanted their own wishes. Then when bulma summon the dragon Gohan and Videl showed up and Gohan mumbled that he wished pan would get better and shenron heard him just as bulma was going to ask for more money or another stupid thing

why are japan colds deadly?

They are also pretty dead.

the nips usually work themselves to death so when they get sick. Its a big deal

she'd had a dangerously high fever for a dangerously long amount of time and wasn't responding to orthodox medicine

Antibiotics are a gaijin invention

If they ever redid the shadow dragons saga I bet that Curings pan's cold would be one of the wishes that create the shadow dragons

Yeah, but a baby isn't gonna work herself to death, and her parents are
- a guy so strong that he could bench press the planet or kamehameha the solar system to dust
- a girl who is a strong fighter herself and the daughter of the worlds most renowned hero
They could easily afford to be with her at all times.

and they are best friends to the worlds leading inventor family, as well as every GOD and mystic grandmaster their planet has, Roshi, Karin, Kami, Enma, King Kai, Kaioshin, Bills, Whis, and that Dragons Quest reject lord of the multiverse.

> using bills ITS BEERUS user

who gives a shit.

everyone does. Do you even know why bills doesn't work ?

A very important thing that people forget (but the heroes don't) is that they have no actual authority. When they don't kill it's not because they don't really want to kill X bastard. It's because they do not have the authority to do so. Superman doesn't kill (since he believes he does not have the right to ever kill anything like he's some sort of god) as one of the prime examples. Metropolis on the other hand most certainly has a death penalty as shown in one of the most famous episodes of the animated series. (The Late Mr Kent)
Basically the Superheroes just stop/capture the bad guys and it's on the justice system to finish them off. It's kinda of weird that the Japanese Superheroes are more rebellious than the American ones now that I think of it. The Japanese just straight up execute people based on their own beliefs while the American hero's bow to the laws of society for conformity in this case.

As for why the no-kill rule exists in the first place? Old people arbitrarily decided to censor everything a long time ago and no group could stand up to their wrath. Basically imagine some random housewives randomly deciding moeshit is the only form of anime you will ever see for several decades and you will understand the impact of what happened as well as why the stigma/stereotypes caused by it still exist today.

I don't know if they do this to non-gaijin but japanese doctors are prone to prescribing a random suppository for that if anything at all and their immune systems are in the gutter thanks to the Japanese work ethic.
Let me guess. The Xenomorph form he had was a hint and he's going to impregnate Vegeta with a chestburster.

>As for why the no-kill rule exists in the first place? Old people arbitrarily decided to censor everything a long time ago and no group could stand up to their wrath. Basically imagine some random housewives randomly deciding moeshit is the only form of anime you will ever see for several decades and you will understand the impact of what happened as well as why the stigma/stereotypes caused by it still exist today.

Ya, that's pretty much what happened. Comics were blamed for most of the problems of the youth in the 1950's, and got creatively castrated, voluntarily, for fear of reprisals.

He punched the titan-looking monster in the face and killed him, then the monster fell and crushed most of a city, it was played as a gag (They were probably on the nuclear shelters by then but still, kind of dark)

no but that could be a way that his race gives birth. his son appears in Neko majin a series that takes place after the end of Z and centers on goku's second student Neko majin.

>Superman dooming a universe or something because he refused to kill a guy

This is why no one likes you Sup Forums. You somehow manage to have eve less knowledge on comics than a casual who browses wikipedia.

>Is it truly as stupid as it is made out to be?

The problem is that the no-kill rule varies. Some characters go into a fight expecting to kill their opponents (Punisher, The Authority, Spawn, Ghost Rider sort of if you count being soul-fucked so hard you're left in a asylum for the rest of your life). Other characters function more like cops where they will use whatever force is necessary to stop a threat but won't kill a defeated foe (Thor, some versions of Wonder Woman, Captain America). Others go out of their way to avoid killing for a variety of reasons. For Superman its because he's a Bodhisatva who can see souls, for Batman its because it helps keep him stable and sane, for Wonder Woman its a creed her culture lives by.

In other words lurk more you piece of shit.

goku put the whole multiverse in danger because he wants to fight strong guys. he barely care for his children if they don't to fight

Humans operate by motives and have agendas. The only way to effectively become a vigilante is to set up ground rules you refuse to break to stop you from turning into a kill joy totalitarian who murders people for the slightest offences. Avoiding killing would clearly be the main one.

All this tells me is that DBS is trash

Sup Forums continues to prove they're a bunch edgefags

well thats your shit taste

>Back in the day, it was just because cape comics where made for kids and had to promote positive social values.
Partially correct.
Golden Age comics varied wildly in their lethality but they tended to kill of villains.
Silver Age comics tended to make villains supernaturally ineffectual to the point where they never actually manage to kill anyone and so they don't really need tom be killed.

The only one with a really stupid no-kill rule is Batman.

Josuke is the only Jojo that has a 0 kill count.
Although he has trapped enemies in a state of eternal pain by turning them into rocks or books.