Where was he during Zod's invasion, and do you think he'll show up for Steppenwolf's invasion either?

Where was he during Zod's invasion, and do you think he'll show up for Steppenwolf's invasion either?

He wasn't GL yet.
Current rumor is that Abin Sur is gonna show up in JL

Could be off world, Guardians get really pissed if you just focus on one plane in your sector. They could play the "I was exiled in space for a year card" like what happened to Hal back in the silver age.

Then where was Abin-Sur?

His origin probably hasn't occurred yet

WHERE WAS GONDOR WHEN METROPOLIS FELL?

>"I was exiled in space for a year card"
I honestly don't hate this
Opportunities for fun space adventures

Honestly it's the best choice so he wont be green heh at ring slinging when he fights darkseids army and Steppenwolf ( its confirmed right?) since the other Leaguers have been doing it for years with the exception of Cyborg I guess.

Earth isn't the only planet in 2814 you know

It's literally their job to attend to
attend to illegal alien activity though

Do you think he'll have the white streaks when he shows up? I read that they plan for this Hal to be an older and more seasoned one.

>Current rumor is that Abin Sur is gonna show up in JL
>Then where was Abin-Sur?

I was under the impression the rumor specified that Abin shows up during the historical battle where Atlantis, Themyscira, and humanity fought back Darkseid's attempt at taking over Earth.

Considering the relationship between Abin and Tomar-Re, I'm gonna headcanon that Aboin wasn't looking out for Kryptonians since he might have been made aware by his pal at the destruction of the entire race with the planet.

Is Abin-Sur meant to be that old, why not just use a random lantern with no name of that's the case

Wouldn't the ring inform him of alien presence on earth? Especially when the world engine was released

It's the only planet since 2006 m8.

Anyway when MoS was coming out the studio wanted a buddy cop movie with Kyle and John as the creative rookie and the hard ass veteran and Hal would just be parallax but not the bad guy in the movie, as years pass and the GL movie is forgotten Hal was once again was a viable protagonist for WB and now the movie will have Hal and John.

We've seen countless times how Lanterns will often only show up when the shit has already been laid on pretty thick.

He was known as the greatest lantern, I think its a great idea to make him that old.

I demand ginger representation, and suggest we let Venditti write a Guy/John buddy cop instead. It might as well be literally Riggs and Murtaugh with power rings.

He was old enough to be alive during the 1800's so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to push that further.

That was the original plan (that Johns hated).

wht not?

>He was known as the greatest lantern

>Hal would just be parallax
For what purpose

Lanterns are not allowed to interfere when Darkseid invades a planet.

And no lantern in thousands of years have ever given any fucks when Brainiac steals cities and ignites suns.

Same thing when Mongul blows up planets.

They really are shit-tier cops

In the comics he was a lantern for at least a few hundred years, it's not a huge stretch to just make him older for the sake of story.

Honestly Hal being absent isnt that far of a stretch. Now if hes still MIA after Steppenwolf's stunt, then yeah something is wrong. How much shit did the Guardians give Hal for dicking around Earth so much anyway?
They also treat Lobo as a natural disaster and advise Lanterns to stay away

I wish they had kept Green Lantern as part of the DCEU, I actually enjoyed it, but then I suppose we wouldn't have Deadpool.

I don't imagine we will get Hal again. Likely Raynor or Stewart. It would be awesome if we got Guy.

Having some ultra powerful ancient space cops that patrol everything really get in the way of having evil alien invaders or supervillains from space.

Because it only makes you ask "Why didn't the Lanterns stop these guys already?"

The guy playing Flash would be a much better Raynor

>How much shit did the Guardians give Hal for dicking around Earth so much anyway?
They banned him from earth for a year and told him to stop ignoring the rest of his sector in favor of his home planet

>galactic space cops literally have a page in their manual telling them to stay away from the main man

You would think a non flying brick is not too terrible of a threat to a lantern of any kind. Green Lanterns manhandle Kalibak and Mongul enough times already but somehow Lobo is too much for them.

Well he was old in comics

It's probably because you can't kill lobo

still learning to sling rings rookie

Millennia old?

Not a few millena old though

Probably to make him save the day and find redemtion. Fallen hero Hal is extremely attractive for people that isnt invested in comics, it's interesting i guess.It's cliche as fuck, Kyle as a rookie, john as a mentor, and Hal as pretty much darth vader? Hollywood jews probably tought it was a pretty good idea.
Snyder had nothing to do with that

>Snyder had nothing to do with that
>the director had nothing to do with a creative choice in his own movie

And?

How does that triggers your autism? How does that changes the deeply explored lord of abin sure? Aside from being a shitty family man and being afraid of dying on space if he doesnt charge his ring there's no much else about the character.

For fucks sake he wasnt the director of GL or involved in that movie, Your hatred for the guy is irrational

>For fucks sake he wasnt the director of GL or involved in that movie, Your hatred for the guy is irrational
On the contrary. You're talking out of your ass. We are talking about the Abin Sur rumored to be featured in Justice League. Is Snyder retroactively not getting credit for directing it because of his last minute departure?

By that logic alone, they should have Alan in there instead of Abin. Didn't read the Earth-2 comic, but it really doesn't look like they've changed him all that much instead of making him gay and making him look slighty more like an actual GL

No you idiot, we are talking about Hal as parallax as a scraped idea for the GL movie. Fucking retard learn how quotes work

Team needs minorities, if they have a Lantern then it will be Jessica, Baz or John

Weren't there multiple world engines on Earth during that?

Maybe he was fighting one in another city and it'll just get retconned in like Bruce being in Metropolis.

What, 5 - 6 Lanterns from sector 2814.
3 - 4 of them fuck about in space.
2 of them on earth,never seen either of them leave to look in on any other planet.

If there are more planets in 2814 non of them seem to matter.

Earth still has only two active Lanterns at a time. Others are reserve or Honor Guard.