Doctor Hopeless #(2)1 Storytime

Is this shit in a single volume the first time in many years in the comic book industry to happen?
>previous issue
>current issue is previous issue + 2
>next issue is current issue - 1

wait I thought lass issue was 19. is this another hawkguy situation

Iirc Hawkguy had two kate issues in a row skipping 18 I think. and then the next hawkguy series came out before the one run finished

Storytime of Hopelessness.

>embedded file

Other than Hawkeye, the last time I remember this happening was when Millar was writing Old Man Logan
Interestingly, Jason Aaron was involved then, too, but in the reverse role (his issue came out before Millar finished his story)

NEXT WEEK (delayed because the coloring and lettering fell astray of deadlines): Doctor Strange #20 (Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo's final issue on this series) feat. Kevin Nowlan

PIC RELATED: Doctor Hopeless #2

Any more examples from other publishers?

>some magical flame only managed to burn the top of its head
>but a bulletproof limo carrying a fat man inside it was enough to knock the monster out

I don't remember it happening elsewhere

thanks

no Madame hydra v Doctor Strange boo

No Marvel scheduling fuckup in recent memory will be worse than Fraction's Hawkeye. Wasn't there almost a year between the final issue and the one before and like months between the last handful of issues?

>Spider-Woman falls into the trash and ruins everything
Is this a metaphor?

20$ says he wishes for some luscious golden locks

Except that Hawkeye skipped February 2014 and it double-shipped the following month. Longer delays followed.

>in every comic book issue Fisk is collecting favors

I'd like to see him use those favors in the most mundane ways. Like having Daredevil clean his windows.

Well this is going to be weird. I stopped my pull as of #20. I wonder if this still ended up in my box.

This honestly wasn't that bad compared to Aaron's run

Dr Strange seems so weak. What happened to him

wat?

Aaron's run killed all magic because they thought he was too OP and wanted to give him magic weapons to fight with

Wouldn't be much a fight, not with how feeble and useless they've made Strange.

Yet strangely every other sorcerer, witch, and magician on the planet wasn't affected in the slightest.

still would be nice to see madame hydra she's a cute nazi

Doom was god so he got magic up the ass, Madame hydra is charon worshiper so YAY
rinse and repeat
Dr.strange should vacant his title until he gets powerful enough to act like it again

>all magic

I haven't noticed any other magic user in the MU having problems.

Getting a little tired of Aaron's shit, not every motherfucker needs to be swinging axes around ineffectually.

Fisk is the only competent hero in Manhattan now I guess.

Shortly after Aaron left Wolverine, Loeb wrote a 4-issue sequel story to his Romulus bullshit, starring his sister, Remus.
IIRC, the last issue came out after the next one in line. Some kinda one-shot story, so it's not like it matters. It;s funny that it happened twice to Wolvie though.

That whole story was just a boring retread of Gorr, which itself was a retread of his Ghost Rider story. Only good thing about Aaron's Strange book was all of the new oc magic people.

some user called it that spider-woman would make an appearance in this hopeless run

I remember that, Wolverine plowed her.

How long until Hopeless shoves his self insert, Porcupine, into the book?

>movie synergy

The magical flame was designed to break the dome; it may have been ineffective against the monster. But I think that Strange just failed his spell and blamed the monster as an excuse.

The the whole issue would just amount to a two page spread of her beating Strange and all of the other heroes and then nonstop hydra wank for the rest of it.

>It's Doctor Strange... with an AXE!
How bad can a run be when that is the coolest hook that you can pitch a series with?

B U T T E R C U P

I'm old so I remember McFarlane doing something very similar with Spawn.

McFarlane took a little time off from Spawn to draw Spawn/Batman after issue #18. The next Spawn issue released was... #21. He completely skipped 19 and 20. There was no reason for why but rumors were that Diamond was changing their policy on late books, and rather than make them returnable he cancelled those books completely to resolicit them later. They ended up being released after #24.

Well, the main book implied that Strange is trying to cast spells to break the dome but she's on the other side doing counter-spells to keep it up. So there is "Strange vs. Madame Hydra" going on, it's just more or less off-panel.

Almost everyone has been outright ignoring The Last Days of Magic, and for good reasons

The quicker that Aaron's run is swept under the rug and forgotten, the better.

Hopeless name is so fitting, whenever I see it on the cover of a book I lose all hope in it being good.

still want that over this boring shit

Wanda's spell were apparently taking years off her life
Magik was mostly using her mutant teleportation powers and soul sword which wouldn't be affected anyways
Clea didn't show up anywhere
Brother Voodoo was fine

Can't keep good voodoo down.

If this kind of shit is what Hopeless has in store for the rest if his Doctor Strange run then it's going to suck.