Why do Cartoons nowadays don't have anything resembling character development or a plot with a serious tone

Why do Cartoons nowadays don't have anything resembling character development or a plot with a serious tone

because cable tv is shit because the networks care more about making money from ads than they do making quality shows.

Pic not related?

Because most the audience these days are collage aged manchildren/womanchildren who are triggered by genuine conflict.

The Venture Bros, Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated, Adventure Time

The Return was literally the only time Peridot ever acted "serious". All the other times she was just Zim with limb enchancers.

Nah, they're the ones who want that. The kids too. The thing preventing it are board execs who think their audiences are too stupid or sensitive to want anything more than Spongebab and TT:GO reruns.

What about Dinotrux?

Gem drill would like a word with you

Using Adventure time and character development in the same sentince.

Because they're either episodic (TTG and Nu-PPG), shows that pad out their character development and plot with needless amounts of filler and pretending to be episodic (Steven Universe and to less extent Star vs.), and/or the writers in charge suffer from a sort of creative hoarders sydrome in that they don't know what they want to do with a character but they don't want to get rid of them either (Gravity Falls, and again Steven Universe).

Adventure Time sure does trigger folks here

All cartoons today are strictly for children.

Because instead of putting effort into what they make the writers just go for whatever will appease the largest amount of pill popping adhd kids hopped up on sugary drinks and greasy fast food.
In the case of your OP pic, it's because the person in charge doesn't enforce anything at all whatsoever, from the way characters are drawn to how they are written. The king sits alone at the table while the subjects partake in his feast for themselves.

Why don't you understand proper grammar or sentence structure?
Also, just because you don't like the way she turned out - god knows I don't either - doesn't mean that her current personality isn't the result of development.

I'm talking about when she still had the limb enhancers.

>nowadays

Now I've only gotten past the "Bubbled" episode, but I think Peridot has gone through character development. She was a cold hearted, human hating field officer, that once stripped of her technological upgrades was challenged on her views of Earth and Earthlings, so much that she tried to adapt and told off her commanding officer. From there she drinks the Crystal Gems kool-aid of "being what you want to be" and is trying to make it work.

I feel like that's pretty typical in fiction when the bad guy switches sides or an alien tries to adapt to Earth culture that they don't immediately get it right.

>nowadays

Because you don't watch cartoons nowadays.

AN insult to Zim tbqh

they hardly did before the 80's

What about the time where she didn't have limb enhancers? So was she literally just Zim?