Am I the only one who thinks he should retire?

I'm not discounting the incredibly work he did in the past but nowadays he just ruins Batman for me. I turn on Batman related media and I'm forced to listen to his emotionless monotone voice. That's literally all he does. He doesn't even act.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MbsP_C562Wo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree user. Who do you think should take his place?

I'm sure there are plenty of good potential Batman VAs out there. That guy who did Arkham Origins was pretty good.

In TAS he sounds like he gives a shit. In Batman Arkham games he's just droning on

I do think there are probably VAs who could do Batman better at the current moment. But Conroy is iconic, and I don't blame him for not turning down paychecks.

No one likes being typecasted.

That was Roger Craig Smith. He voiced Ezio Auditore and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Diedrich Bader has a great Batman voice.

He did an emotionally enriching role on IJ2.

I'm not joking, he seriously did Batman justice for the first time in years.

I watched Justice League Action recently and it was painfully annoying how out of place Conway was with the rest of the voice cast in that show.

Dude has serious range wow

It's funny because I watched a few clips of that game yesterday and I completely forgot it was Conroy voicing him because he was actually acting this time.

You know who didn't do a better job despite qualifications?

Fucking Peter Weller.

He was great in the role.

I still like his voice. It's just what Batman sounds like for me.

I always liked the guy from Beware the Batman. Probably the only one besides Conroy to make Batman and Bruce sound notably different.

Bruce Greenwood is a great replacement. I loved his work in UTRH and YJ.

>He did an emotionally enriching role on IJ2.
He use his Bruce Wayne voice for once.

I don't think he should retire, but I do think that they shouldn't just default on him like they usually do. They could've used a lot of other people for the Arkham series and Injustice 2 voices instead of just turning to the DCAU actors.

I think the only role I've heard him where he's not typecasted is in The Venture Bros.

Yes user, in a world of 7.5 billion people, you are the only person who thinks Kevin Conroy should retire.

In all seriousness though, I do think he's lost some of that charm he used to have. I watch BTAS and it feels like he really got the balance between Bruce and Batman. Like, for example, even dressed as Batman, Bruce would talk differently to his allies than he would his enemies. Now it's always the same fucking "DEEP GRAVELY VOICE" with every single line. Hamill can still pull off the various nuances of the Joker, Conroy just can't do the same with Batman anymore.

No a lot of us like reprisals.

The voice directors are less talented these days.

nostalgia fags with rose colored glasses about their precious childhoods would scream because they are only happy when things stay the same way they were when their mom's still loved them, they didn't have to live in the basement and girls were a mystery they didn't give two fucks about

Well, I gotta say that as much as I loved him in TAS, I felt his voice didn't fit at all in the Arkham games. I don't know if it's his fault, or the director's, but it never sounded like a voice that would come out of that character. Didn't have the same problem with Hamill though.

>I'm sure there are plenty of good potential Batman VAs out there.

Yeah the unfortunate thing is that WB/DC uses union hacks instead and so we get Jason O'Mara and Roger Craig Smith.

It's really only early BTAS where he's impressive. By the time the art changes he doesn't even use a different voice with Bruce and Batman anymore.

Of course I know someone's going to go "b-but it's meant to symbolize that Bruce was losing himself t-to the Bat" now but no. He just stopped giving a shit. They probably should have swapped him out like they did with Superman.

All video game voice acting is shit. You need a good voice director to get the most out of your actors. Games are not the same thing as the animation industry, where there's a much higher standard for professionalism.

Thats not on Conroy. That was a choice made from the creators of the show. ALL of the characters in TNBA had their layers of personality thinned out intentionally.

Probably one of his best roles in a while too, he put more emotion in two episodes then the last what 30 things he's done as batman.

He was good in Voltron, but that's probably because he's just happy to be voicing a character that isn't Batman.

I think the last time he really tried as Batman was in Arkham Asylum.

Since then its been really lazy. It started becoming noticeable in JL:Doom. I feel like he really doesn't care anymore, especially after how hard Killing Joke was phoned in.

I think DC should just take a break on Batman for a while in general.

Conroy is great but it's time. Injustice 2 was probably the only great performance of his the last 5-10 years. He phoning it in most of the time. But At least he's not like Tara Strong who is progressing getting worse with each new appearance.

I geniully believe Tara Strong really forgets which tone he uses for each character, because lately they all sound the same even if back then she used to give characters way more range.

BTAS Batgirl sound way more unique than the "Generic Tara Strong young woman voice" she sued for The Killing Joke which is also the same voice she used for Ashi in Samurai Jack.

i dont know, his batman voice IS batman for me at this point. anyone else would be weird.

Sure, if you are using other JLU voice actors then use him, if not and using all original voice actors then get someone else.

I liked the voice actor from the Telltale game a lot.

Fucking THIS!

It's how costly they are getting, they only do a couple of takes with with line because any longer and the budget will be blown out just getting thm to VA anything. This is mostly because how contracts are made in the union where a VA must be paid more every time they revisit a charterer. It's why more and more classic voices get replaced because after say 3 shows/games/films it's just cheaper to hire new talent. Random note: some rumors claim Tara Strong has will throw out bad performances for her first few line reads to delay the processes i an attempt to get a second recording day which they have to pay for.

Troy Baker

>hating him
>hating David hater
>hating Tara

is this a meme to hate on popular and long time voice actors ?

David Hater's meltdown for not voicing Mute Snake in MGSV was fucking hilarious. What a diva.

i liked the guy in under the red hood

heh

but seriously though, he would have been better than Keifer. i mean, shit, really?

24 is voicing Big FUCKING Boss and doing a shit job?

just fucking use the same guy you've been using, a guy who WANTED TO DO THE VOICE AND HAS BEEN THE SAME CHARACTER SINCE 199 FUCKING 8

I don't think it's his fault entirely.

He still has the capacity to do good acting. It's just that everything he's been in has pretty shit directing and dialogue.

Like somebody's just says "okay do the Batman voice. Yeah one take we got it."

Jeremy Sisto again

They should get Goku to voice Batman again

I think it's the direction than him, they don't give him really emotional stuff to work with, they want him to be super serious and grimdark.

Have you guys heard him as Hush in the Arkham Games, he gives such a creepy and slimy voice for the character, its awesome.

Conroy's fine. Him, Hamill, and Sorkin should never be replaced until the actors THEMSELVES decide to quit. They are legacy VA's. They practically vocally CREATED these characters. Although in Arleen's case, they need to get her the fuck back in that role, fuck what THEY think about Strong being a better fit for the current look. It's what WE, the consumers think.

Well, the thing is that what made him standout in TAS is that he had to play both Bruce Wayne and Batman and had to come up with a way to make them sound somewhat differently.

In Arkham games there aren't many moments where we see Batman as Bruce Wayne and monotonous stands out.

Can she even still do it? Isn't she retired?

Maybe her throat was ruined by smoking or whatever.

That all started with TNBA where the vocal distinction between batman and Bruce Wayne was removed

It made a brief appearance in the Gotham Knight DTV with the bishie Bruce segment.

There was a point when Conroy added some legitimacy to projects like "They got the REAL Batman for it!" but he's agreed to lend his Batman voice to so much complete diarrhea since the DCAU ended his presence is just routine now.

I agree it's time for him to hang it up.

Nah, just don't attach him to shit like that Batman and Harley movie coming out soon.

>It's what I, the same guy that posts in these threads over and over again think.

>Tonight I am the law

Was that nasal or what

I'd pay to hear Peter Cullen as Batman.

>youtube.com/watch?v=MbsP_C562Wo
Troy Baker is better as the Joker.

His late BTAS voice is the definitive Batman voice imo, but he's definitely been phoning it in lately.

To me Conroy is the definitive voice of Batman. The only proper replacement to me is Bruce Greenwood, or Roger Craig Smith. But only when Kevin is ready to leave because I love that man presence. I don't see the decline in quality that you guys see, maybe I'm just a tad blind to it.

I don't like the voice changer/modulator voice used in BvS and now JL. If they were gonna go the modulator route they should have used either Conroy or Greenwoods voice for the modulation, and blended Affleck voice into it. The version we ended up with sounds so far from Afflecks actual voice (and kinda edgy "demonic" ) that I don't think it would have been weird at all.

The Batman voice in the movies is literally the only thing I DONT like about Batfleck.

Also am I the only one who was off put by Batman sounding black as all sin in the New Frontier movie?

As Batman? Sure. But as Hush in Arkham City? He did a great job. Probably because he didn't have to play dull ass serious Batman. He got to play a psychopath gloating about his success and the fact he was going to get revenge on Bruce Wayne.

David Hayter's Big Boss has been literally a parody of his Solid Snake.

The only reason we didn't get Solid sounding like Big Boss in 4 was because Snake was an old, dying man.

Conroy at his best is untouchable, but he hasn't been at his best for a while.

Superior Batman VA coming through.

They should have gotten fucking Michael Ironside to do it again.