Post good stuff from the PT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CqZpX3QnO3g
youtu.be/LtP5lSQgll8
youtube.com/watch?v=jeK_wORqu7g
youtube.com/watch?v=m-oWu6d5ROE
youtube.com/watch?v=33SrgAn7hao
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Even the battle droids can be intimidating if they behaved like they did in TPM; Drone-like, killing machines, as opposed to witty comic-relief in RotS and CW.

that one song from phantom menace

>roger roger

>gets rekt by slow catapult weapons

This scene is pure kino. TPM is easily the best of the prequels.

I can read your mind, user.
youtube.com/watch?v=CqZpX3QnO3g

Why didn't the CIS just make millions of those, these guys and the commando droids from clone wars, would've easily won.

Also kept the voices they had in tpm and the battlefront games, the voices they had later on are awful

Admit, you laughed when he was on screen

Superior TPM theme

youtu.be/LtP5lSQgll8

All the color and equipment variations were fucking cool.

>wins anyway

The cost of one of those you mentioned probably equals to the cost of 1000 battle droids or something like that.

I just recently saw Phantom Menace again the firs time since mid 00's. I didn't hate it anymore. I didn't even find Jar Jar annoying anymore. I still find the movie very uneven, a bit of a mess spotted with really good scenes and cool design, but the dislike I once had towards it has dispelled.

Why do droids that are all controlled by a central AI talk to each other?

I have such a soft spot for the prequels, I know they are pretty bad overall but i cant help love them. Watching the sequels only reinforce that

youtube.com/watch?v=jeK_wORqu7g

These would be top tier if they were actual costumes.

Yeah and you can buy probably thousands of pillows instead of a tank, but you ain't gonna do shit to an enemy

best starfighter coming through

I was annoyed at first, then angry, but by the final act I started liking him.

Boodypop
my nigga

>I know they are pretty bad overall but i cant help love them
They are comfy.

Jar jar is the key to all of this

From what I knew, the control ships were just used as order relay stations and anti-hijack transmitters or something. Commander droids were still needed on the ground to observe and issue any orders.
Don't know if Disney did away with that explanation though.

What happened to John Williams? The prequels had great music but the score in the new movies is almost nonexistent.

He's been rushed to make new music - he doesn't have enough time like he used to in the old prequels.

>Post good stuff from the PT
so where is Natalie's port man?

He knows Disney star wars is shit so he doesn't care

So this is where we at. Sup Forums is done

3 reasons
1. disney wanted to use the old themes a lot more because of muh nostalgia
2. he was rushed as hell
3. movie music as a whole has followed the hans zimmer direction where instead of making great melodies they make "mood music" which serves to fit a scene but not to actually be a great track

I don't think big, sweeping, emotional scores are trendy right now, for whatever reason.

>We're going to corruscant
>Where are you taking them?
>To corruscant
>Uhhhhhh waitaminute, that isn't right--YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!
This was a scene in TPM

Was TPM better than TFA?

Qui-Gon was a fucking retard all through TPM.
>"We're going to the Trade Federation command ship to negotiate a surrender."
>"Okay, sound reasonable."
Even if the droid most likely won't buy it at least make a goddamn effort, Jesus Christ!

Lolz what a crap, you guys are insane

Why all threads full of reddit nobody cares about dubs or trips?

Those effects look great

They're called "battle" droids, you dolt. They're not designed for negotiating.

This bayybe right here.

Who would win one destroyer droid or 100 stormtroopers?

grievous definitely, building the bandai model kit you have an ever deeper appreciation for the design of the guy.

They just tell him to copy the original theme.

>43 replies
>no sheev

Is there a behind the scenes article about nuwars music?

youtube.com/watch?v=m-oWu6d5ROE

Wrong.

>droid with a in-built force field
vs
>stormtroopers that are notorious for having shitty aim

It would be a bloodbath.

Phantom Menace:
1. Podracing was cool, as a youngster, it had me sweating my palms in my seat
2. The fight with Darth Maul was pretty tight, and the music was fucking fantastic
3. TPM still had a lot of neat practical effects at work
4. The battle with the droids and gungans was kinda cool, despite the really awfully aged CGI, but when those droid ships opened up and unloaded rank after rank of battle droids? Hell yes baby
5. Qui-Gon-Jin was one of the most believable Jedi Masters I've ever seen thanks to Leam Neeson's performance (or lack thereof, depending on your view)
6. Even to this day Coruscant's busy backgrounds are a feast for the eyes and as a youngster I've always wanted to live there

Clone Warriors
Most of this movie was boring as shit but
7. R2D2's jet-pack was kinda cool I guess
8. The entire idea of the Clone Warrior army was pretty cool
9. The Geonosis arena trials / battle was fun
10. The Battle for Geonosis was kinda nice, especially when they shot down one of the round ships with their heavy beams and then came crushing down

Revenge of the Sith
9. That dialog between Palpatine and Anakin in the theatre about the dark side of the force is fantastic, both due to the amazing actor and the dark, drone-like atmosphere
10. Order 66
11. The battle scenes looked way better than the sterile CGI from the previous movies
12. Most of the ship design looked fantastic
13. The opening space battle is glorious, especially the part where a Republic cruiser and a CIS ship duke it out like two naval vessels
14. The visuals in general are way more vibrant and interesting to look at
15. Mace Fucku gets BTFO by Anakin and Sheev
16. Anakin marching onto the Jedi Temple with his cohorts of Clone Troopers
17. Anakin cleaning the command center on Mustafar was beautifully brutal
18. While the actual fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin wasn't all that spectacular, the music, once again, made it feel so much heavier and dire
19. Anakin burning alive was genuinely disturbing

They are expensive and also special with their program to learn system. That program is only good with someone to train them. Those droids are only good because they are personally trained by Grevious and also tag along with him on special mission to learn.

I liked about the prequels that there was fancy unique planets, aliens and so on. Sure george probably shouldn't write the dialoge but for christ sake let him do The ideas, the locations, the aliens and so on. Because he is damn good at they stuff.

Let's settle this

Best effects: The Phantom Menace
Best story: Revenge of the Sith
Best music: Attack of the Clones
Best lightsaber battle: Revenge of the Sith (Anakin/Obi-wan), even though it gets kinda stupid

Checked. It's because the movies have no soul so can't draw on it to inspire him and create great music. I know, I am a small time composer.

That's fucking retarded

Absolutely

KINO

Because it's star wars and droids need to be silly somehow, even if they're the enemy and they're called "battle droids"

I saw some user in another thread say that George apparently worked a lot more closely with John Williams when he was coming up with the prequel scores than JJ or Rian did and had an image of an article (I don't know where from) saying something similar

Agree on the third. Zimmer is such a hack

Never replay me again Sup Forumstard

Notice how we can have decent conversations about the prequels that don't delve into shitposting now that the Americans are asleep... Weird.

I had the lego set, it was great
Then some friend borrowed it but never gave it back and I was too beta to ask it

>the last jedi was so bad that Sup Forums starts to like the phantom menace

I've always liked and defended the prequels user. How abhorrent The Last Jedi did nothing to change my opinion.

By a ridiculous margin.

This truly is the craziest timeline.
I legitimately have a new respect for the prequels at this point. I mean they still fail as actual movies in many ways but there's a lot to appreciate as well.

>R2D2's jet-pack was kinda cool I guess
The whole theater lost their shit when it happened, it's like everyone suddenly woke up at that moment.

>Best lightsaber battle: Revenge of the Sith (Anakin/Obi-wan)
>even though it gets kinda stupid

RotSfags everyone.

Wow you called me a fag

Jango's loud ass space bombs

It always was the least terrible/most passionated prequel.

Literally the best sequence in AotC.

I think these fighters were the bee's knees because they showed the SW universe has planets with their own culture, military and all and not just Empire/Rebels/Republic and such.

>People have been calling the PT shit for years
>People finally see what an shitty SW film truly is
You can't blame them. There's an obvious power gap between the worst PT (2) and the best NT (7).

I rewatched ROTA recently and it was generally worse than I remembered, but the lightsaber fights aged surprisingly poorly. There's just no weight to any of it.

Too bad I had it spoiled in a trailer.

I laughed at
>Dellow Felegates

>ROTA
Which one is that?

>nostalgia for the prequels kicking in among the general public

As it were predicted in the ancient scrolls

riddle me this
Is the Y-wing or the B-wing more representative of the p-47?

Return of the Attack

The sound design is another high point of the prequels. Almost every element has a distinct sound. Ships, weapons, creatures, droids. That really helps to sell the setting.

All the podracer engines sound different. The metallic clanging and the rapid fire lasers of the droids in the OP. The bombs you mention. All memorable to me. Not to mention the OT, which truly pioneered this with Vader, Chewie, R2, Tie fighters, that goddamn Death Star powerup sound.

I remember no such thing from the ST. All memorable sounds were borrowed, the rest generic. Only Kylo's saber stands out, both in style and sound. One of the few cool new things.

The funniest aspect of Jar Jar is how fucking mad he makes some people who only deal in absolutes.

>The sound design is another high point of the prequels
Podracing and fighting Maul are ridiculously memorable because of those, you can feel the speed of the pods and the heat of the lighsabers.

Reactivation of the Almonds

prequels are comfy and kino at the sametime. its great.

>you are a literal nazi if you think prequels are better than mouseshit

sound effects of PT are unparalelled in the world

Good point!

youtube.com/watch?v=33SrgAn7hao

Unlike the Nulogy where every planet is a cultureless setpiece filled with different varieties of fat shapeless blob creature.

I like the prequels more than the OT
>deal with it
>not even baiting

Jar Jar could have worked but jeez he has the worst character design in star wars. I can tell George (being a big disney fan) wanted to make a character that looked like Goofy but he looks like a hideous horse/slug with rabbit ears.
maybe if he was a dude in a costume it would have worked better.
Too bad he didn't get Micheal Jackson for the role.

Good post.

The podracer scenes are memorable precisely because of their excellent soundwork, among other reasons, but it truly was superb.

To this day I remember what a podracer is "supposed to sound like".

this video breaks down a couple of pieces from the new films and explains how John Williams is essentially winging it because Disney don't give a shit and are writing the sequels film by film.

>BRAAAAAP

jews are so evil that they make you like white ppl

>now that the Americans are asleep
Oh, you'd be surprised how many have inverted sleep cycles.