ITT: We solve stupid plot lines

>"having to care for an egg" episode
>not just putting the damn thing in a drawer when you get home
>or at the very least storing it in a thermos with tissues to carry around

Seriously, why the fuck do they actually carry it around? Who the fuck's gonna know?

Because then you wouldn't actually learn anything.

This bothered me anytime
Is this actually a thing in burgerland?
Do you have to take care of an egg?

In Home Ec I guess but it was as super, super rare. Only once or twice in the entire school, as a teaching gag if I had to guess.

I don't know if maybe it's an old-timey thing, or maybe just low budget schools. At my school they had stupid little mechanical baby dolls that monitored various things to rate your level of care.

I don't think that was the problem with the story OP, I think we can forgive them because they were just bringing the egg home from school and it fell out one of their pockets before they could have stored it somewhere

What I do hate about this episode is how ooc Arnold was, half of the episode was just the two of them arguing - it was not very entertaining

I did thoroughly enjoy the second plot with Rhonda and Harold however

Is Ultimate Spider-Man the Ur-Example of this, or does it preceed that?

But if you meet the teacher in the hallway and he sees you without the egg you'll have to have an awkward conversation and create an easy lie.

Also because kids are stupid and gullible.

why is this still a thing in cartoons? 70% of kids watching will never even have kids of their own

"The other person has it."

"I gave it back."

Lazy student 101 here

Same user - I forgot to say one thing I did think was retarded from this episode was how the egg hatched in the end to a chick.

That's near-impossible to happen with store bought eggs since they have standards so they're not fertilised.

Still not as contrived as Arnold literally silencing a volcano and the whole jungle at his birth though, and I'm already cringing at TJM where apparently the green eyes view a football head as a godlike symbol however.

And someone in your school district's elected office had a brother who owned the factory that made those things. What a fucking scam.

I'm pretty sure the argument is that you can't just put your baby in a drawer or an airtight baby container. I just think its wrong to make kids pretend to raise a baby. Raising a baby is known to be the worst, most stressful thing anyon has ever experienced. You don't sleep, everything has shit on it, you're always on edge, the second the baby stops moving you think its dead, makes you fight with your spouse, doctor visits, expensive baby food, its a nightmare. Kids should get to choose to participate in this activity or not just like choosing to have a child or not. Also I want to specify that taking care of a baby is worse than taking care of a child. These days the average parenting strategy is to leave your kid in the care of anyone else for as long as possible as often as possible, then use that as an excuse when that child's behavior turns to utter shit. School takes up 8 hours of the day. After school programs and tutors take up a few more hours. Sports teams and karate take up an other couple. Give them an ipad and tell them to fuck off the remainder of the time. Kids hear youtubers' voices more than their own parent's in an average day.

So yeah. The egg thing is dumb, I agree.

I have yet to hear of anyone who actually went through this. I think its something they did briefly once and TV writers use it as an excuse to make weird shit happen

So how would you write a story with such a plot without the egg?

To prevent kids from knowing about sex in America, they teach them people come from chicken eggs.

In my class, we had to take care of an actual robot baby like in Batman Beyond.
It was essentially a baby doll that would have distinct cries for different needs and record if it experienced neglect or abuse.

Wow great now i have an ovi fetish

Hey Arnold itself did the exact same episode twice already with Biosquare and Girl Trouble

Still not the best example of such a story, but better than this egg version considering it's the same show

I had the fake plastic crying baby in my time, the year after another class got eggs. I kid traded me his egg for my chatizard card. Totally worth it

What happens if you keep the egg safe, but write something like "I fuck dogs" on it?

>Love plot of the Arnold Movie
>Not admitting your feelings for each other honestly in the end
>Not making the Jungle Movie instead and finishing off the series properly

Because then you would receive an F and your dumbass would most likely forget to take it out of the drawer or forget to clean it so the teacher wouldn't suspect it was in a drawer.

The are making the Jungle Movie.

Craig said the fact that Arnold has green eyes too is important

I just wrote an essay on parenthood, didn't take care of an egg or mechanical baby.

>The Gems explain everything that has happened with Rose and Pink Diamond in calm manner to Steven and he avoid doing any reckless stuff that puts him and his friends in trouble.

The whole point of the assignment is to convince kid's not to have premarital sex, as raising a kid's hell.

That's a good message though, premarital sex has been proven to be a detriment to society (at least to women and their likelihood of divorce)

I don't want to start spouting Sup Forums bullshit, but there's been worse messages on TV (cough recently polygamy 6-gem fluorite cough), and I'm sure the real message of the story is to "don't assume things of others" because Arnold fucked up looking after the egg from assuming Helga would be a bitch as always (can't blame him, but he did interrupt her without giving her the chance)

>I just think its wrong to make kids pretend to raise a baby because it's stressful and shit

This is EXACTLY WHY kids need to pretend how to raise a baby, so they can actually have prior experience on what he negatives may be like before making a decision on having children.

I'd say many people who decide to have a child have had no experience looking after children and only think about hos cute it would be to raise a "little them", without all the horrible sides to it. Most people I know who have actually spent time around infants have decided they hate children and never want them (the restless nights and the stress).

Because having a child is such a major change in someone's life, we need experie like these to base our overall opinion on the matter before we fuck ourselves over by having an unwanted child.

people are too conceited, raising a baby isnt hard. but i guess for minellians who have never done anything remotely difficult in their lifes it would be way too much to handle.

>raising a baby isnt hard
It's because we have people with this attitude that families are fucked those days, people are married because they end up pregnant from a hookup sex and half of families end up in a divorce in a single-parent household.

My psychology teach did this project with us. You had to have it one you at all times(he secretly hired some students to be on the look out to see if you had your egg). So if he heard you left your egg in a locker or at home, you got an F. And if the egg broke, you got an F. But the day he passed out the eggs he gave a end of the school announcement to all students that for every egg you broke, he will give you a candy bar of your choice. So any random student could come up to you, steal your egg, break it, and get a candy bar while you get a F. The point was to show that predators are everywhere and no matter how hard you try you can't stop everything. A lot of fights broke out because of this project.

I went to a ghetto ass school in the west coast so no, hell our home ec class was just "bring ingredients to cook food every friday" and then half the class brings frozen pizzas and chips and soda, playing loud ass music while the teacher goes out back to smoke

Not the same guy, I wouldn't say it's necessarily hard to raise a child - obviously there's so much advice on it because everyone is a child being raised at some point, I'd say it's more annoying to raise a child than difficult.

It's annoying because the child's needs and wants inevitably get in the way of our own, and when people think "I'm going to raise my child to be an quiet out of the way angel", it's when people get too lazy to raise a child and end up neglecting them in favour of reality TV and soap operas. This selfishness is how we get neglected kids with a twisted mindset, a convenient example being Helga, whose parents' failure to provide sensitivity has grown them left with a negative view of how to create their own relationships.

Of courses thinking it's easy to raise a child also worsens it, because "as long as the job's done" then you've got a half assedly raised child.

Don't start with Steven Universe, otherwise we'll end up with three threads full of people trying to solve their shit
>Steven and Connie hide the sword under the couch instead of a coat hanger

>Gems
>Not being hyperemotional overreactive PMSing lesbians

Literally once in kindergarten and it was more of a "we're going to chuck it off the roof, make a container that will keep it safe"

Slapped that shit in a shoebox crammed full of cotton balls and made like a makeshift parachute. It worked.

They showed 2 scenerios for this and neither had the option to "just put it in a drawer". Helga and Arnold lost it in the bus, and Harold ate his.

sounds like dick move, but funny to be in

>When a girl says no, that's the time to stop and back off
Seriously though how the fuck is it that the least masculine kid in town is able to push around a girl twice his mental age? That's just terrible.

I remember doing that in elementary school. The gifted course in general got to do lots of cool things, like making cars out of mouse traps and going on field trips to science fairs.

in real life you don't have free time or go anywhere, you spend all day at school then go home then go back to school, and you have to hold it all day at school

we used styrofoam cups. i colored mine up like a digda and made him headphones

anyway this exercise really perfectly encapsulates the retardled school system, and what happens when parents and government constantly both yell at the school system to do things, but provide little if any enforcement or care at all about how it's carried out.
nevermind that teenagers SHOULD be having kids. instead of teaching them babies are terrible, we should be teaching them how to be good parents. how to get a job. and get it the fuck done before the urges kick in.
it's worked for thousands of years. get a fucking apprenticeship instead of sitting around reading about algebra for 12 years of your life.

My school did an egg drop, and it was the shit. I actually remember a few obviously failing as they came down.

Mine survived the fall but cracked when I returned it to the classroom.

How does that teach you how to take care of babies?

Some guy was two steps away from handing in his egg when someone ran into the class room and smacked it out of his hand. My teacher just looked at him, shrugged his shoulders, and gave him an F.

I think it's more to do with problem solving and thinking around the box, unrelated to looking after the egg as parents.

I also had to do that experiment in first school

Your teacher is a real asshole and if I was the student I would throw rotten eggs at his house after this accident.

The project was pretty much worth nothing so it didn't really affect anyone's grade. But he didn't tell us that until the day after to make sure we all took it seriously. Telling this story I can see why it sounds like a dick move but everyone had fun with it.

My school used to but they were animatronics that cried at random times. The school stopped because people were just leaving them in their lockers and the damn things would just start crying.

Sometimes I still lay up in the middle of the night wondering how to resolve pic related's plot.

One of my friend had to do that. But she went to a nicer school so they had sensors and stuff to let them know when to cry. And one day she had the bright idea to bring it to a party. Needless to say one of my other friends grabbed it and start juggling it around not realizing what it was. She ended up getting a B- because it had head trauma from the juggling.

If we're still talking about Hey Arnold episodes here, then pic related always struck me as stupid

I just don't know why Helga would bother writing someone else's name, she could have either just rubbed the whole thing out or rubbed out her own name, leaving "Arnold loves" without any weird rumours spreading, I don't know why she added Lila's name

In my child development class in HS, they gave us two choices.
Take care of an electronic baby for 2 days or write a paper.

nah, too easy

I did for middle school, didn't have to carry it around just document on how I cared for it. I made a little bed from a small basket for it. Thats it.

I did this in middle school life science. I just stuck it in the fridge and brought a dummy egg to class.

It was hilarious for me because I took the egg home and just plastered myself in front of the tv while I left it there in the fridge. I don't go outside at all so it was technically not cheating.

I've never had to do that, nor have I met anyone who's ever had to do anything like that.