listchallenges.com/sight-and-sound-critics
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/79697939/#79708107
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78571654/#78593821
youtube.com/watch?v=5lVYQYcPDH0
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78571654/#78596040
youtube.com/watch?v=k9zDdawch3c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i want the emily bean laying down image

"I bet a man like that could get me into films faster than you can say Erich Von Stroheim!"

>tfw Three Billboards isn't even good

Already a thread:

bump

FUCK YOU

Griffith creates human dilemma as allusion for metadynamic whole, a tugofwar of duelling ideology. The epic and the intimate, distillation. Throughout his career he sought to suppress the dilemma (the conflict) to reach solidarity, equilibrium; to duplicate his dialectics, circumvent them then reach singularity, to illustrate the inherent juxtaposition over spaced intervals

HEY! THAT'S THE BAT-LADY

How many have you watched?

letterboxd.com/gyhaney/list/sight-sound-top-250/

listchallenges.com/sight-and-sound-critics

Shut up, slave. Quit playing with garbage

no u

I'll burn all your belongings, boy

Why is megaautist obsessed with little boys

Just one little boy, slave.

You're a disgrace.

You are an insect.

>pedo

What movies Emily Jean likes?

>mfw megaautist is not only a pedo, but a faggot pedo

Manhattan
City Lights
Harold and Maude
Network
The Jerk
Planes Trains and Automobiles

What makes people hate Griffith
What makes people ignore him
Why do people only like certain aspects of him

Make that a thread brucie poo

>megaautist fantasizes about little boy balls

People aren't taking you seriously because you're a child molester

>Just one little boy, slave.
Oops!!
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/79697939/#79708107

>Manhattan
To this day, he never answered why he made it in black and white. You can infer that there is no answer, just like the rest of his dismal work
>City Lights
The Strong Man already did it
>Harold and Maude
ironic age gap proto-indie quirk bullshit
>Network
A great script ruined by an awful director
>The Jerk
doubt she understands it
>Planes Trains and Automobiles
Now I know she doesn't understand it

she's a girl and she is my gf

Do the griffith posters ever get bored?

what is there to understand

The Jerk is too smart of a satire for her. She probably just laughs at goofy man making stupid decisions without thinking of the consequences or statements being made

The Jerk was the first film she's ever seen

confirmed not understanding it

Thats an R rated movie, she shouldn't be watching that

>obvious, on-the-nose media satire is a great script
*INHALES*

what is there to not understand

Steve Martin and Carl Reiner confirmed smarter than you

Woody Allen disliked his work in this film so much he offered to direct another film for United Artists for free if they kept Manhattan (1979) on the shelf for good. Allan later reportedly said: "I just thought to myself, 'At this point in my life, if this is the best I can do, they shouldn't give me money to make movies'."

rightfully so. Gershwin and Gordon Willis made that flick watchable

will never watch a film of his, will never care about them.

literally me

>Gershwin and Gordon Willis
You don't know anything about those two names, boy.

prove it

Don't have to. You know I'm right.

I'm an NYU Film School graduate, SUCKAH. And the School of Visual Arts and the Academy of Art University San Francisco.

>thread full of images of children
Why the fuck isn't that sick fuck megaautist permabanned?

>megaautist regrets liking Frtiz Lang more than he regrets raping children

No you aren't boy. And we both know you can't and won't prove that in spite of telling me to prove you don't know anything about Gershwin or Gordon Willis

>megaautist regrets liking Frtiz Lang
somebody fill me in on this

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78571654/#78593821

"I didn't know you were interested in READING!"
>the Sup Forumstard begins to chuckle
""I didn't know they made champagne in Idaho!"
>the Sup Forumstard laughs out loud, spewing tendies crumbs all over his desk
"WAIT A MINUTE, THAT'S MY CAR!
>the Sup Forumstard can hardly contain his full bellied laughter as chortles begin to fill the room
*bergman does The Dentist Dance*
>The Sup Forumstard starts convulsing on the floor, gasping for air between spasms of laughter
*Goldie Hawn shows her leg*
>the Sup Forumstard's heart explodes and he dies

Somebody else must have posted this because I haven't seen more than half of these

Melodrama is the lowest form of art

you're not fooling anyone

Prove I've seen more than half of those

you have seen:
Cactus Flower (1969) - d. Gene Saks
Metropolis (1927) - d. Fritz Lang
Intolerance (1916) - d. D.W. Griffith
Bob and Ted and Carol and Alice (1969) - d. Paul Mazursky
Hello Dolly (1969) - d. Gene Kelly
The Long Goodbye (1973) - d. Robert Altman

Pauline Kael was one of the very few critics that was a trailblazer and actually had taste, ignorant monkey.

In fact, I see a lot of myself in her. Many assorted movies I would pick out from any scattered amount of years through the 20's and 40's that I liked, I would find her reviews lined up exactly with my feelings and fully deluged the essence of each title. She was also against the auteur theory as am I, and was a great fan of Griffith and Altman, as am I. Years later after I discovered her book, I found that a lot of her favorite movies were mine as well, titles not spoken of by most "critics."

I don't feel comfortable with megaautist posting in the thread.

I said prove I've seen any of those.

>playing dumb

Don't look at him

If God DOES NOT have the inability to change his point of view on anything, he is NOT all-powerful, therefore he is not God.
If God DOES have the ability to change his point of view on anything, he is NOT all-perfect, therefore he is not God.

You're the one actually being dumb because you're not proving I've seen any of those

i made this post

Usually people try to prove they've seen movies. megaautist tries to prove he hasn't lol

3 are your favorite 60s flicks, Intolerance needs no proof, you've clearly seen Metropolis due to all the post you made about it and you are a "great" fan of Robert Altman so how could you not see it

really made me think

Could God create a stone so heavy that even He could not lift it?

>and you are a "great" fan of Robert Altman
If I was a fan of Robert Altman, wouldn't you think I'd pick his best?

>YAAAS CRITIC, SLAY AUTEURS
>I see a of myself in her.
They all do.

There is only one point of view: God's.

I've never seen a movie before. I don't watch movies. I loathe movies.

thats what i'm saying
megaautist is not God

The director is guilty until proven innocent. Not the other way around, bitch.

Lovely film.

Megaautist loathes the audience. The audience wants didactic match cuts, the audience wants expansion, the audience wants explanation, the audience wants coddling, the audience wants cinema. Megaautist is anti-cinema.

prove it

>loathing the audience
>being anti-cinema
One of your wrong takes, fambolini

Shut up, bitch.

blocked

youtube.com/watch?v=5lVYQYcPDH0

Shut up, dumdum

I'm so sick of superhero movies, I love them but I'm really in the mood for something artistic and intelligent, I'm thinking Lady Bird or Call Me By Your Name, films for real cinema geniuses.

>megaautist is sexually attracted to pic related

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/78571654/#78596040
>harmonious thematic music from Quincy Jones
Before anyone asks, I clearly never wrote this; I would never praise a nigger's music

how lovecraftian

So you just confirmed that you think Pret-A-Porter is a better experience than watching The Long Goodbye

I saw this in the theatre with my mom. Quite a let-down after Short Cuts, I thought at the time.

>Charles Lang & Jean Saks dicksucking

>youtube.com/watch?v=k9zDdawch3c
THEY ADDED IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU SHARON TANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, he had his heart transplant right after the movie and a stroke before and was sick throughout the filming, which may account for it being not so good.

>the music in Cactus Flower is bad
I guess Cactus Flower is not a very good flick then

What do you think of the auteur theory, /lbg/? I don't entirely buy it because there are a near-infinite plethora of great movies in the annals of history that came out great not solely because of a director, many times it's a screenwriter or the cinematographers themselves that shape the personal outcome of a movie. Also, many of my favorite movies are largely great for their joint contributions from every person involved. Cactus Flower (1969) is always my go-to for explaining because the impact of the film is largely diminished whenever 1 role is substituted or removed. Every element from the Quincy Jones soundtrack, Charles Lang cinematography, Gene Saks direction, script penned by I,A.L. Diamond, performances from the entire star-studded cast, everything was firing on all cylinders.

Favorite Altman's
Popeye, Quintet, The Gingerbread Man, Pret-a-Porter, Afterglow, Fool for Love, Dr. T & the Women, Trixie, Countdown

user...thank's.

You're welcome : )

What can I say? I love cinema! That's why I rate it.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D