/Vikings/ discussion thread

F
Just starting season 5
Ivar is starting to take dominance among his brothers, is Bjorn or Ivar the most likely to follow most in Ragnars footsteps/greatness?
Are Lagerthas days as Queen of Kattegat numbered? There is hints on IG at a upcoming battle
Also what the fuck does Hvitsek even do? feel like he should have more of a character, Ubbe, Bjorn and Ivar are all well established personalities but he doesnt really do fuck all

>Ragnars footsteps/greatness?
>implying Rollo isn't the greatest viking who ever lived
also, i miss gisla

>mfw this season has only 3 episodes left

This show is still going? I think I stopped watching around the time Rollo became a lord and they failed to take the castle or something.

Go watch Rollo talking to Ragnar's fake coffin scene and tell me to my face again that Rollo was a better viking then Ragnar

Only half of the season, it will be back later this year

Its worth watching again, I'd say season 3 was the lowpoint IMO, it's getting better with multiple storylines developing

I don’t really care about any of characters now, maybe Floki a bit.

The killed off the only compelling character.

Now all they have left is a steaming pile of feminist shit with no realism.

Hvitserk will go to Russia and fail, leading to him getting burned at a stake. Read a history book.

> only compelling character
> what is Bjorn ironside
> what is Ivar the boneless
> what is halfdan
nigga lagertha is temporary, she wont rule Kattegat for long and I dont even mind lagertha imo, she's just on a powertrip.

The show is loosely based on history
Alfred the Great was Aethelwulfs biological son IRL for example
Ivar was Ragnar's firstborn, Bjorn second irl for example

Didn’t the seer tell her she would be killed by a son of Ragnar or something?

I think ivar will kill lagertha, or somehow lagertha dies. Bjorn becomes king, and Ivar goes back to raiding, b/c that's kinda what happened historically

>Kattegat is an interesting area, relevent today and sits between Denmark, Norway and Sweden I believe but I'm not European
Sure but it's a fucking sea zone, not a town.

>Lagertha is 'Queen of Kattegat' just as Ragnor was, although he was King over a larger area
where is it ever said that Ragnar ruled a larger area than Lagertha? It's all left ambiguous because the writers haven't decided what they're going to do in the future.
Presumably Kattegat is in Norway because Harald wants to become "King of all Norway." But Horik was King of Denmark, and Ragnar somehow became King after he killed Horik.

The Kievan Rus vikings are first mentioned in season 5, Ireland is still not mentioned at all. The show is even filmed there.

Ragnar also had a third wife afaik and many of the characters in the show lived like a century apart in real history etc

Yeah exactly, so far the Seer's predictions have in one way or another been spot on, with the less ambigious ones coming to fruition and the more abigious one, i.e 'ragnar will die when the blind man see's even coming true
I dont think Lagertha will be Queen for long, I see her dying in a blood conflict soon enough

Where the fuck is the Kattegat town located exactly in the show it has been on my mind since the beginning of the show

>Bjorn ironside
Fool

>Ivar the boneless
His hit the feminist wall, mother is murdered and he does nothing because ageless warrior super queen says so.

>Halfddan
Boring

I agree Ragnars death was sad and felt way too forced by the show writers, surely his people wouldnt of abandoned him after one defeat that hed of had to leave for 10 years?
I disagree much so on your points on Bjorn, I think hes a decent leader and will be a good ruler
Halfdan is super fucking interesting I think, He basically lives for the moment and isnt just ambigious for power like his brother
Everyone either loves or hates Ivar so I wont bother contesting that point although I think hes very intersting as a master mind tactician of the Norse

>I agree Ragnars death was sad and felt way too forced by the show writers,
Its history

It's never explicitly told. The show is very vague about the Scandinavian locations. Looks Norwegian though with the mountains, Denmark is very flat. Maybe the show could've benefited from at least some sense of geography or scale of the kingdoms.

I'm loving Bishop Heahmund so far.

Thought he was boring at first but I’m interested in seeing where he goes after being kidnapped

It's not just Ivar they ruined with Lagertha murdering whatever her name was.

You murder someones mother in cold blood and her 4 supposedly warrior sons do nothing?

It's as disjointed with reality as that girl who fucked them all and betrayed them. What do they do? They instantly forgive her and even continue perusing her.

They have no one writing this shit who understands men or these men are all pathetic and I don't care to watch them.

No shit I mean like they could of had much more plot involving Ragnars downfall/Ubbe-Ivar growing up and becoming men between the fail at paris and his return
by forced I mean they forced the storyline along too hard in my opinion and the ten year gap could of had some interesting filler at least
season 4 accelerated much more time then any other season

I bet you’re really fun at parties

Dude the three remaining sons of Asalaug are all in fucking England fighting various Saxon resistance
Ivar swore he'd kill lagertha, the seer prophesied one of Ragnars sons would kill her(ironic if it were bjorn), settle your horses with this 'muh feminist' goomergoot shit, Lagetha was the transition stage between Ragnar/Asalaug's rule and one of Ragnar's sons taking the Throne (or king harold)

You don't understand the basic concept of honor which all civilization is built on, just like the writers of this crap.

If someone murders a member of your family (especially your mother) you must revenge it. Not some time later, not when you have time, now.

They fucking were going to till Bjorn made them choose to kill him and Lagertha or go avenge their Father against the English?
What would you do? Avenge your father with your brothers against a common enemy or kill the current queen who you can always kill later, kill your brother and probably die in the process, ending your family name
Medieval politics and empires were built on more then honour, they were also built on cunning people, alliances and sacrifice

Has gay stuff come up yet?

> Ragnar
dead
> Rollo
dead
> Torstein
dead
> Floki
Off his nutters, basically dead
> Lagertha
cunt on a power trip now
> Bjorn
Neutral indecisive cuckface
Is there literally anyone from early season 1 that was relevent still around thats not been butchered

I dunno if lesbian stuff counts as gay these days

Wait, when did Rollo die?

actually a Viking went to Africa and fucked a tranny

How can lesbians be gay?
one man one woman = 50% penis = half gay
one man one man = 100% penis = full gay
one woman one woman = 0% penis = not gay
lesbian sex is the opposite of gay
hes a traitor duke of frankia, basically dead in terms of storyline

>What would you do?

It isn't a question. There is no option.

You must avenge your mother at all costs or you are a worthless faggot. That Bjorn got in the way of them seeking their rightful revenge is also a faggot move written by faggot writers who do not understand men. Which is why this show is unwatchable crap.

he's not dead, he's busy making babies and out-alfaing frenchies

He didn't.

>
He's leading a massive war to murder her, what the hell are you talking about?

> Thinking the middle ages was just literal cavemen who couldnt problem solve or use cognitive functions
You have a delusional view of History and television production, please never post again. It's correct that Ragnar's sons should avenge but it wouldve been idiotic to do so at that point and they wouldve never raised an army to avenge Ragnars death.

Anyone else hate this fucking twat? I know he's supposed to be a great king, but he seems to be a spoiled little bitch to be.

Father got cucked
should've been left to the wolves at birth
'muh holy baby'
nigga your wife just wanted the BAC - big athelstan cock

>thinking society can exist without a justice system or men who are honor bound to enforce it

It's pretty simple. Kill Lagertha (with just cause), assume the crown (which is legitimatly yours), raise an army and go to England.

>watching feminist propaganda

He was already in the same room as her with the capability to revenge his mother, and then he took a pass on it making him a weak faggot.

The casting was horrible. The writer is a massive cuck though so will no doubt contrive him to be inept or lucky somehow.

> It's pretty simple. Kill Lagertha (with just cause), assume the crown (which is legitimatly yours), raise an army and go to England.
At least two of the brothers wouldve died in this scenario, Bjorn would of died at minimum, likely slaying Ivar and/or Siggurd or Ubbe in this scenario
Nice fucking army of Ragnars children you got there, at least one of them wouldve died before they even set foot on England, dubious how they wouldve raised an army if all the brothers are killing each other rather then banding behind a common cause to set smaller squabbles aside until after vengence was brought on the English kings for their treatment of Ragnar.
Cunt stop with this honour/justice system society shit, I'm agreeing with all that, just saying it wouldve been idiotic to kill lagertha at that very moment in the hall, most of the brothers wouldve died and the great army wouldve not been so great.

They haven't forgiven her. Also Ubbe killed a bunch of guys in the great hall attempting to reach her while Sigurd(?) pussied out.

Only three female characters in that image, two of which are fucked, and ah fuck it. You will not stop being mad anyway

You realise not all Vikings were men right?
Shieldmaidens did exist, the extent to which is debated
Why does this make you feel threatened? I dont particularly like Lagertha, shes quite boring and repetitive but I think shes being used as a transition stage between Ragnars rule and one of his sons ruling, Its a shame so many GG'ers are gonna quit enjoying what I think is one of the best active series rn because theres a queen ruling for a few episodes..

>feminist propaganda
>every female character is a bitch who is hated by everyone in the fandom

I get the feeling they cast this guy because he resembles Athelstan's actor, or maybe it's just me

It’s more important to avenge you father first instead of your hag mother, cuck.

How did he age up so fast?

STRONK

This too, Asalaug was a whore cunt who neglected most of her children except Ivar
there was much more reason to rally behing Ragnars death and seek vengence there first before handling the situation in Kattegat from the brothers perspective
Nigga that bitch hasnt been relevent since like season 2(?) update your meme folder, Sad!

>STRONK
>literally gets rekt in her first battle
>cries and leaves because she doesn't think she is pretty anymore

Yeah so strong, got fucked up in her first real battle and turned to maggot food

>At least two of the brothers wouldve died in this scenario

>honor and justice is good and all but not if you might get hurt.

Women and fags are truly incapable of understanding men.

You are wrong.

You are a faggot cuck, Ragnar’s death was much more important to avenge.
Go eat some of your mommy’s tendies and kill yourself afterwards

Yes because avenging a mothers death and killing your blood in the process is very much more important then avenging your tortured and murdered father by foreign kings

Your mother was killed in your own home and the murderer has stolen your birthright.

How is that not more pressing than your father dying to an enemy?

If your half brother or anyone else gets in the way it is right and just to kill them.

Again. This show is shit because fags like you and the people who write it don't understand the basic concept of justice and honor men have lived by since the dawn of civilization.

You are delusional. Go read some more mangas, fatso.

I AM IVAR THE BONELESS I AM IVAR THE BONELESS

MADMAN

>soyboy faggot who can't grasp the concept of justice and honor men have lived by for centuries.

Enjoy watching your cucks sail around being good feminist, muslim loving, allies.

Either way, this answers my question sufficiently. Thank you

Ivar was supposed to star after ragner was gone, but the producer noticed they fucked up the casting so bjorn and tudor got bigger roles.

>then
>would of

Fucking mouth-breathing retards need to leave Sup Forums.

it seems like they have a habit of merging historical characters since most of the interesting stuff happened over the course of hundreds of years

i think ivar will turn norway into a christian country