Will Godzilla 2 be kino?

Will Godzilla 2 be kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pm_zXG72pdk
youtube.com/watch?v=1eogtlyDg4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mathew broderick gonna be in it with hank azaria?

they even removed the fangs from king ghidorah, this is going to blow hard

I'm not paying a cent to see this

You just know he's gonna look like Smaug with 3 heads

youtube.com/watch?v=Pm_zXG72pdk

>weird, edgy fangs
>all black eyes
>looks like a game of soy dragon
What have these fuckers done to the great King Ghidorah?

Yes

>m*lliefags shitting up another Gojira thread with their underage """""waifu"""""
Get the fuck out you fucking gimp

also expecting this
no way they're gunna be cool and give him hair/beard like back in the Showa days

also, I bet he'll have arms or arm-wings like Smaug...also only expecting one tail

lame af

>fanart found on the internet is superior to the actual movie design

Jesus fuck. Please tell me that this isn't the actual design they're going with.

no

You know this fan art, right?

Shut the fuck up

Christ, you autists do realise that this isn't official art? Even if it was, it's fine - the accuracy of your made up dragon from your shit kids movies won't determine the quality of the film.

Again, shut the fuck up.

>ywn be this much of a retard

Blessed.

t. soyboy

>the accuracy of your made up dragon from your shit kids movies won't determine the quality of the film
It actually will since nobody ever cares about the human characters in these movies, and the major merch all relates to selling the monster designs.

Like I said, the GoT Dragon design in OP's pic is fine for Legendary Ghidorah. Honestly you retards are just never happy

>Ghidorah won't be an alien but instead they'll go for the gay "ancient evil monster that slept in the earth for a bajillion years" trash
>they'll probably use another roar instead of the iconic chime

>dragon

King Ghidorah is NOT a fucking dragon
and we all know this isn't official art shithead

They better fucking not.
youtube.com/watch?v=1eogtlyDg4Y
They could really do a lot with these old sound effects.

also this, you're so right
if they don't make Ghidorah's origins be "not of this earth" I won't like it..ya ya I know they've done it in a few of the ching chong versions, didn't like that either, Ghidorah is best when he is a "horror from outer space"
hell, I'd also enjoy it if they just don't know Ghidorah's origins, just be like "ya he's a fucking terrible monster, we ain't got time for lore, we gotta handle this shit" that would be cool

why can't they understand that they just need to make it bigger and scarier

make godzilla some intergalactic lizard that is bigger than earth

heard broderick drives godzilla and his family off the road and kills them

will it actually have a story and more than one fight this time?

Only if they don’t fuck with King G’s backstory and keep him an ancient alien that flys around the universe for planets to destroy.

>Giant reptile monster
>Flies with big wings
Yeah sorry, my mistake

I doubt it. The first reboot had a preview that looked like Heisenberg vs. Godzilla, but the actual film had Brian die 20 mins in, and the rest was some retard assing around being useless, Ken Watanabe staring off into space a lot, kanjus we don't care about getting their freak on, and brief flashes of Godzilla. Shit sucked.

He’s a dragon from outer space.

you probably like Monster Planet don't you?
think the CGI is good?

you're everything wrong with Godzilla fandom
i like new things but "intergalactic lizard that is bigger than earth" really..?

kindly fuck off

Modern Hollywood is such garbage

I want it to be good, but I'll always have Neon Genesis Godzillion

Shin Godzilla was amazing..i'll fight anyone

never count on any Legendary Godzilla movie to deliver in such a way as this movie did

>the GoT Dragon design in OP's pic is fine for Legendary Ghidorah
What MCU movie would you like with you soy milk today, sir? The Avengers? Or perhaps you would like to use you BLACKED pass on this special occasion, ring in the new year in a special way, huh?

Did you lizard purists threaten Toho with death because of Heisei King Ghidorah being a fusion danc eof three winged teddy bears and GMK King Ghidorag being an immature Yamato no Orochi? Or is it okay when Toho mutilates its monsters but anyone else who gives a different origin are the Devil incarnate?

>three winged teddy bears meme
did you even watch the movie you pinheaded gimp?

he's not wrong....

My mistake, they're actually winged Trolls dolls.

>pinheaded gimp

this is now a meme

The blander the better, saves on the CGI budget.

They increased his size every movie. Hope this time he'll be ten miles high and stomp entire city blocks into the ground.

so you get three ugly fairies together, add a dash of radiation, throw in some untranslatable time travel plot (cuz fuck Western fans, this ain't for them) and mix in a little Godzilla...

yeah, i think we could make this a movie

>Toho often changes the design of monsters but is consistent in the puppet kaiju design
>US is going with try-hard real monster that looks worse again and again
And you wonder why people get mad? jeez...
And yes, people have preferences when it comes to Jap Godzilla.

RLM said it best(again.) Ami-godzilla is almost scared of being a Godzilla movie. Thats the main difference. The japs can do what they want because they are 100% behind it. America on the other hand seems to feel ashamed that they even have to make that movie.

Toho willingly sells the rights for Godzilla to other film studios and toy makers and lets them butcher them and then signs off on it...to make money....

>Godzilla 2

Why not just watch it and find out. It's been out for over 60 years now.

>US is going with try-hard real monster that looks worse again and again

And you're basing this off of what, exactly? Was Godzilla himself too try-hard realistic? Were the MUTOs too try-hard realistic despite being what happens when Gigan fucks Kumonga and the kids grow up listening to Linkin Park? Also going by the cave painting they're keeping him close to the Toho design.

Toho didn't have to choose Polygon Pictures to make the new Godzilla anime films, they chose to

the plot ain't *that* bad..but the CGI is

Wow I hope they focus on a boring human characters again cause that’s what I really want to watch in a Godzilla film, typical American soldier man and not the giant big dick lizard

this is actually an awesome fucking movie, I recommend it to all you filthy black and white film hipsters

Make sure it's the Japanese version, the American version... christ on a cracker. Also while it introduced one of the best monsters it was pretty inferior to the first film.

Legendary Godzilla and MUTOs were so slow and fucking boring, i hated them

the insects from Starship Troopers were cooler than MUTO all damn day

My boy Anguirus never gets the attention he deserves.

first 2 Godzilla films were almost exclusively human stories

get you're fucking head out of your ass
what did you expect in an American Godzilla movie

>And you're basing this off of what, exactly?
The movie.

>hundred-meter-tall creatures move slowly
You don't say. So did Godzilla in his very first film to give him a sense of size and power and majesty. Then Godzilla's Counterattack happened and from then on we had kung-fu and sliding kicks and giant beasts leaping and moving like they're filled with heluin. At least the Heisei series went back to having them move slower and have weight and power.

facebook_com/GodzillaShitposting

>power and majesty

i agree w you when it comes to Goji '54
but did Legendary Godzilla or either MUTO give you any sense of "power and majesty" while you were watching that movie?

I expect Godzilla like the other 95% of Godzilla films you hipster fuck and not boring gruff soldier man as the lead

>People still don't realise the MUTOs were meant to be generic and dull so that Godzilla defeating him symbolises him reclaiming the title of King of the Monsters in film

Again, all you're doing is proving that you don't know Godzilla movies.

Yes, because I'm not someone who throws raging shitfits over who makes a movie and what special effects they use to make it with.

95% of Godzilla movies is following humans around while monsters fight for about ten minutes.

The average Godzilla human protagonist is always a scientist or journalist or some kind of fucking outcast nerd not the blandest fucking GI Joe possible who you don't give one shit about.

>reclaiming the title

wrong

Nice argument

ya you don't know Godzilla movies

we get the most monster fighting in films from Destroy All Monsters - Terror of MechaG cuz it was very well established by then and kids were starting to love it more and more
unfortunately, there's a lot more human plot than you remembers..go back and watch them again and you'll see. sometimes the human plots are actually ok (examples: Godzilla v Monster Zero, Godzilla v The Thing)
I'm only talking about Showa films here btw

also, I get it, Legendary sucked cuz it was WAYY too much human plot, and a shitty generic human plot where Cranston dies 30 mins in....

but it was to be expected for the 1st in a new series of Goji films....very expected

lol ok what i really mean is, in the plot of the Legendary movie, this is supposed to be the *first* time we see Godzilla
ya ya I know that Monarch knows about this, has spotted him a few times, a few snapshots, a few solid radar readings....but, in general, the world hasn't seen Godzilla attack any cities or anything yet..Monarch is just monitoring him and hiding his existence, they're not covering up damage he's caused to human cities yet cuz he hasn't attacked any cities yet

so he has no title to reclaim in the eyes of the public

it's an American movie bro. you just answered your own question. if it was a Toho movie it would be a scientists or journalist...it's an American movie

GO JOE!

>5 minute screentime
thanks, Hollywood.

The protagonists of Tristar's Godzilla were scientists and journalists and nerds.

no they were cartoon caricatures of those

You must be new to Godzilla movies

>so he has no title to reclaim in the eyes of the public
He does in the eyes of audiences

When’s my nigga Gigan getting an appearance

Exactly like the Japanese characters. Remember the goofy cartoonist, his kung-fu sister, the hippie, the hippie's girlfriend, and the space cockroaches in Gigan? The gay couple and their adpoted Kenny in Megalon? The entire cast of Ghidorah The Three-Headed Monster?

>2014 fag
literal cancer. the original film had more Godzilla, or actually made him more of a presence than the 2014 piece of shit.

Godzilla 2014 sits around the middle of the list when it comes to his screentime.

It's really not such much an issue of screentime so much as how the time is used.
Godzilla is like an afterthought in 2014, most of the screentime is given to those two dumb pieces of shit. Now in truth this has happened in movies like VS Mechagodzilla but that movie at least had a returning foe you knew Godzilla was going to show up and battle at one point so you're excited for the big rematch. 2014 could've been an entirely unrelated movie to Godzilla.

Everyone knows who Godzilla is, so he doesn't need to be established. The rival monsters are new and needed their screentime for us to get to know them. Toho's movies did that all the time as well, Hedorah and MechaGodzilla and Ghidorah and Megalon and Gigan et al had far more screentime than Godzilla did.

someone post the webm of the three phase godzillacaust on the city please, was that from the newest film?

NuGodzilla is serious bussiness, a design like that is too unrealistic for them too use.

Yeah but they can change it to look more menacing/realistic. Honestly I just hope they start out with Ghidorah instead of all the lesser monsters particularly Mothra.I realize she's a yuge deal and all that but all of her movies are just so fucking boring

Yeah they can change the design but then whats the fucking point? I swear with how much money the MCU is bringing youd think the idiots running these companies would realise that you can properly adapt all these unrealistic fun properties and people will see them if they are good.

Movie producers and directors nowadays dont get why people go see their movies. Disney thinks people see superhero movies because they are funny and light hearted and are now suffering for it(contrary to popular opinion i knoe plenty of normies who dislike the constant jokes and quips in these movies...all of them male though the girls like it) and makers of big monster movies think people go see them for the human drama and to see some cool cgi. The CGI is a bonus yes, but we grew up on these movies not having cgi and being fun.

K I N O

NOOOO IT MUST BE REALISTIC

You do know Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah are in Godzilla 2.

>things should only be done in one way and that's the way my Japanese animes do it! More than one way to do things is an affront to god and nature and all I hold dear to my heart!

Is what I hear from you people, and before you start hirling assumptions and accusations I like both Toho and Legendary Godzilla. Let one do it their way and one do it their way and stop being such goddamned children about it.

>they actually pretend that they care about making dragons plausible in game of thrones
OY VEY I TOO LOVE GRAVITY BENDING DRAGONS THAT DONT EVEN MOVE A TENT WHEN THEY TAKE FLIGHT WITH A SINGLE FLAP

What was Vermithrax Perjorative's tax policy?

A virgin every month or I torch your town.

The thing is that Toho themselves are taking Godzilla in all new unprecedented directions. Legendary is just unimaginative and kidding themselves by keeping things 'grounded' like Nolan.

>it's okay for one company to do wild crazy insane holy shit everything is not as it was directions
>it's a horrible evil nasty disgusting numale virgin thing for someone else to have a more grounded idea

This is why we can't have nice things.

Appropriate numale reaction.