Let's create a clone of the ultimate killing machine!

>let's create a clone of the ultimate killing machine!
>let's NOT treat it compassionately and instead be the most fucked up assholes we can to it!

Seriously, why do fictional scientists do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tj28qoI4-3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Logan is only the Ultimate Killing Machine as a result of the terrible treatment he suffered. Worked once, it'll work again.

There are some dumb motherfuckers in the Marvel Universe.

For science, obviously.

A calm, controlled Wolverine clone with zero angst would be a better killer than the one we have. It would rational, capable of patiently planning attacks, and not just a rage beast that kills indiscriminately.

A US Marine is better than a serial killer with a shotgun

I mean if they treated her nice she'd just be a nice girl with claws and healing, the abuse gives her the fighting edge

>Dig up his wife and child
>Piss on their graves and corpses
>Expect to kill a pissed off Frank

God how I love Punisher Max.

>ywn kindly raise a nice girl with claws and healing as your daughter

Plot and contrived characterization reasons, which in this case entail the guy in charge just happening to have a vendetta with Logan.

So then why don't they set up a fake research site that treats the experiment subject like shit, then the actual corporation or big evil whatever swoops in to save the subject from the fake evil place. The subject'll be grateful and work for the real evil folks.

Or whatever, most comic origins are pants-on-head retarded or so cliched and overdone it hurts.

Because we need dumb scientists for origins, heroes or villains.

>the abuse gives her the fighting edge
No, it makes her ill-tempered and mentally unstable.

Severe physical and mental abuse is not comperable to boot camp. There's no warrior discipline in the former.

Plus, Wolverine but a well-adjusted little girl is an interesting concept. It questions what he would be like if he had a better life, a walking "what if"

Just making her a female him wholecloth was stupid

US Marines are knuckle dragging retards who are sent into places that the army is too smart to go.

>t. anti-war hippie faggot

>joining the army
>smarter than than joining the marines
>joining EITHER in the first place

thats actually a pretty creative idea user, they should hire you

Can't recall where but I think I've seen something like that done before, and the subject eventually clued in their head the possibility, not certainty but suspicion, that much of their life was manufactured due to the level of actual control they learned the group/organization had and the unlikelihood of them allowing anything to really happen by accident or doing anything out of altruism.

Unfortunately I can't recall if it was a game, show, book or what.

>t. HOORAH DEVIL DAWGS! WE DON'T NEED NO ARMOUR OR AIR SUPPORT TO ASSAULT THAT HEAVILY OCCUPIED CITY!

Hey, you hired them because they were smart, NOT because they were wise.
They're separate stats for a reason.

It almost worked, too.

Key word being "almost".

>thats actually a pretty creative idea user, they should hire you

>implying I wouldn't get hired, implement the plan, then disrupt entire plan by trying to waifu subject and running away with her

I feel like I recently read or played something that had a similar kind of twist, but can't think of it either. Seems it'd be a common twist.

I agree. Navy and Air Force is where its at

>implying I wouldn't get hired, implement the plan, then disrupt entire plan by trying to waifu subject and running away with her

You're the writer. Not the scientist

As a member of the US Airforce theres not much difference between the two

>Build millions of colossal robots to hunt mutants that average 5" in heavily populated areas.
>Give them the ability to document and adapt to any attack as well as the ability to identify said mutants through an algorithm that has a chance to include normal humans.
>One unit develops the ability to travel through time to change it as he sees fit.
>Develop hundreds of different models and sell them across the world, despite the fact that there exists a genocidal robot who can easily hack each one to wipe out humanity.

Why do people still use sentinels again?

Don't think I don't recognize you, Xanatos.

>Why do people still use sentinels again?

Great mail-in rebate offers.

>I'VE NEVER DID MY FUCKING RESEARCH

more like too slow

Because they want an ultimate killing machine not a pet. It's like fighting dogs. You make them mean and keep them hungry. The only time you give them a nice steak is after they've won.

What scientists never understand is the reward part. It can't be all rod all the time. If they had actual interpersonal skills they'd know that. Or just get the subject addicted to a drug only they can supply...and plant a remote controlled explosive in them. But they don't, because they're scientists and they spent most of their lives getting good at cloning and genetic manipulation, not training killing machines. Or the absolute basics of manipulating people.

Are all the villains white guys in the comic too? Just watched the Logan movie the other day

Marines have to pass through more schooling than the army, and are drilled the hardest.

If you are too dumb to be a marine, you get kicked to the army or navy where there's room for failure.

How does that prove him wrong?

A white woman scientist takes the place of Mexican nurse in the comics.

Weapon X was Canadian-run, so probably.

And anything with the Essex name on it is going to involve British colonial-style racism.

>It's like fighting dogs

Like Police dogs or Michael Vick pit dogs?

You cant top that... at least, no human can

>Gay
>Posts in Sup Forums
Surprise level =0%

Marvel organizations are very good at MAKING super-weapons.

They just suck at utilizing and properly training them.

Scientist generally treat all things horribly

Hamilton did that.

Bad idea.

>Hey, let's clone a mutant to fight for us.
>Great idea! Should we clone the guy that can control metal and pull the iron out of your blood and kill anyone he wants forever?
>No, let's do the guy with the claws.

>Can't even control a clone of the guy with the claws
>Expect them to control a clone of the guy that can control metal and pull the iron out of your blood and kill anyone he wants forever

Dont be stupid. You'd have to be a moron to clone someone with a versatile powerful mutation. Thats only for when you have perfected the indoctrination techniques by training on someone with a useless power like fucking Glob Herman

well, scientists are nerds with less than zero social skills, I guess they just project their insecurities and murderous intentions in whatever unnatural shit they build.

>army clods
>smart

oh god I'm crying

Send the Army when you want a good excuse.

Send the Marines when you want the job done.

Because the general public doesn't know about Days of Future's Past, Prime Sentinels, or Bio-Sentinels

But would Magneta be as attractive?

because fiction writers are liberal arts majors and don't actually know what science is.

They probably went to Evergreen.

Vick, definitely Vick.
Police dogs are really just trained to detain. maybe painfully, but you can't have police dogs going for the neck of every suspect they're unleashed upon.

Looking at Polaris? I'd say so.

You should look up that vid of a police dog recently literally ripping a man's face off
Its brutal

That begs the question.

Sup Forums, how would you raise a female clone of Wolverine?

Not beat her daily and train her as an assassin. And hopefully be a good enough parent that she doesn't run off and fuck old men for money

Doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure people know about Ultron, and can figure out that giving a heavily armed giant robot free reign in a crowded city isn't safe at all.

Also, you'd think the X-men or the Avengers would've tried to make that common knowledge to turn the public against that shit.

>try to give wolverine clone a decent life
>immediately killed off by writers

So how do we kill the writers?

Hamilton?

It would be better if Punisher just shot him and walked away.

Doesn't owe him any explanation.

From Justice League Unlimited. He made a Supergirl clone who loved him.

More like Alphabet Soup in Power Rangers RPM mixed with the Clones in Star Wars

Vigorous, but humane training to actually make a super soldier as opposed to a serial killer. Her claws getting turned into metal would be done while she's under heavy anesthetic so it's about as traumatizing for her as getting your appendix removed

And why was that bad?

It got weird, mate.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tj28qoI4-3Y

Because mutants exist.

because theyre assholes. And to be fair why sully your weapon with things like live and affection? Dogfighters know not to do this....then of course they're mostly just monsters making monsters

>And to be fair why sully your weapon with things like love and affection?

Because that actually makes it a better soldier

You mean the explanation about what's waiting for him or why he's doing it that particular way?

Because I think the explanation helps it really sink in with absolute certainty what awaits him at the end of Frank's words.

There will be no escape of delusion the second he hears the bang, not the slightest instant of reprieve in thought as he lulls in and out of consciousness that this might get better if he toughs it out or rests. No, he's going in knowing he's consistently fucked every step of the way until there's no shred of life left to be fucked out of him.

If you meant the other thing, then yeah I don't think Frank needed to tell him what he'd won and why. Any idiot should have likely pieced it together by that point. He could have just squeezed after the second panel and started walking but I guess since it was personal Frank needed some kind of personal word on the matter before doing so.

She just sees him as her dad? What's so weird and bad about that?

>Treat clone well
>Facility gets attacked by whomever
>Clone tries to help scientists but doesn't know how to fight well
>Everyone but clone probably dies
>Clone wants to learn how to fight to save those she cares about

Problem solved.

They were getting paid mad dosh

Much good it did the Jedi.

>psshh, nothing personal, Master Jedi

That's not an excuse.

There are better ways to kill mutants without fucking humanity over in the process. Developing Anti-mutant bio-weapons though horrifying lab experiments would be safer in comparison. At least Ultron can't hack those.

...yet

>Clone tries to help scientists but doesn't know how to fight well

The clone could be taught how to fight exceptionally while still not being treated like garbage

>Give her her own room that she can decorate however she wants, complete with a computer and everything
>Let her go out a lot so she doesn't develop a "I'm trapped" mentality
>Let her go to normal school and make regular friends
>Teach her assassin skills after school monday-thursday, leave weekends and friday so she never feels like we're not letting her have friends or something
Boom, now she's a normal girl who lives in a big fancy lab and learns assassin skills and won't develop a deep hatred towards her creators.

that pic fucked me up big time

Did someone cut the cable at your air force base again?

The wolverine clone's powers are purely physical. In theory, a killswitch or sufficient force should stop them. Something like magneto can't be so easily countered.

>research indicates that waifufags are the leading cause of why we do not have more female weapon programs.

If you ever heard a bird screeching in pain, you'd know that the other noises they make aren't pain.

Oh god you've shook loose a childhood memory. Used to live near some people who owned some chickens, don't ask, to get right to it: one day my siblings and I were trying to chase them out of our yard and a rooster got hooked in a gap in the wire fencing.

By its eye.

My god the ceaseless shrieking, the graphic horror of the sight. All we could do was run into our house and just wait for it to stop.

Hire Deadpool

GOOD SOLDIERS FOLLOW ORDERS

This dude sitting on the couch?

Did they just fucking tase him too?

Because he was kind of a dick.

You watched too many movies/read too many comics. Scientists are average human beings that work in science.

Oh, and managment treats people horribly because they have social skills and know what buttons to push.