This show is amazing and I don't know why Sup Forums hates it...

This show is amazing and I don't know why Sup Forums hates it. I watched the first season a year ago and I recently finished Season 2 recently and i'm hooked! Easily one of my favorite cartoons! It's a gem indeed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27E5I9-_abk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Implying Sup Forums's one person

I'm Sup Forums and i like this show

>It's a gem indeed
I see what you did there

It's a good show with like 5 really shitty episodes. Unfortunately those episodes left a bad taste.

You can't prove that every single poster except you isn't 1 person. There could be a total of 2 people who use fourchan.

But in all serious, I tend to think of Sup Forums as a Sup Forumsnglomerate.

I'm Sup Forums and I detest this show
It's gay

Does it get better? I tried watching the first eposide and the voice acting ruined it.

>This show is amazing and I don't know why Sup Forums hates it.
maybe you should lurk more than.

>Only watched the first two seasons

You're in for the worst of it now. Only goes downhill.

This

The show peaked around the end of the first season

Sup Forums generally likes SU. Surprise surprise, Sup Forums generally likes comics and cartoons. It's just the vocal minority effect that leads you to think otherwise.

The early episodes is when the VA for Steven is going through puberty, so yes the voice acting gets better.

It gets a lot better. It's one of my favorite cartoons of all time and I am so glad this show exists

He goes from his natural voice, to overcompensating for his lower puberty voice, to allowing himself to act with a lower voice this last season.

>Sup Forums generally likes SU
Kek

oh man you are in for it

the meme barn and lapidot will bring it down some

>mfw I was getting a bit tired of SU
>I stopped watching halfway into last season
>pick it up when the townies start disappearing
>missing-person posters, search parties
>based aquamarine
>based lawyer-gem
>on-screen death
>based lars redemption

Because Sup Forums loves to be contrarian

Also season 4 really wasn't that good, easily the worst season yet

S1- mixed but good
S2- fucking great
S3- Mostly good
S4- garbage
S5- great so far

Was that the Memorial Day episode? I watched it without having ever seen another episode of Steven Universe. I knew enough about it from my tumblr dash to kinda get what was going on, though. It actually wasn't as horrible as I expected, but it's just not my thing. I didn't like the character designs, there was a LOT of whining (again, haven't seen any other episode so maybe it's not always like this), and it seemed a bit forced. Still, I was able to tell someone put a lot of love into making the show so that was good. I liked Lars. He whined a lot, but he seemed cool. Is Lars in the show a lot? I think he should be the MC.

Don't worry

S4 is a shit festival you will understand

It was a combination that and a bomb earlier in the month.

You're gonna be disappointed. He's been one of the worst characters in the entire series up until a few episodes ago.

We hate it so much we have one of the biggest generals on the board that constantly talk about it and watch every new episode live, because jesus christ, we just hate it soooo much, we save all this fanart on our computer because we dislike it, oh, it just makes us maaad.

more than who? You?

That is disappointing indeed. Oh well, that's life. I probably don't need yet another show to be trying to keep up with anyway.

S4 was the worst season but at the same time it had some of the best episodes in the whole show, so it's weird.

People just dislike him because he's a typical teenager. I personally enjoyed his episodes. But he's not a main character.

>We hate it so much we have one of the biggest generals on the board that constantly talk about it and watch every new episode live,
You do realize this was the same shit with MLP right?

I wasn't a huge fan on how they settled the last "huge threat" that they amped up so much. Other than that I actually like the slice o' life episodes. Some of them are better than others of course but it's always a pretty comfy show. I like it.

Plus this new stuff is pretty good and intriguing, it's nice to be getting back to some of them more serious stuff.

>one of the biggest generals
like /mlp/? Because we love that so much right?

I'd say overall the show is worth a watch, just be aware that the quality tends to fluctuate wildly from time to time. It's got really high highs and really low lows. What sucks is that you kind of have to watch every episode because they'll foreshadow things in ways that just seem like regular episode shit until it comes up a season later and turns out to be super important.

some people do. /co isn't just one big fat guy in a basement somewhere endlessly talking to himself...at least i don't think it is.

>muh new /mlp/

Yeah, and a large portion of Sup Forums liked mlp.

Kinda the same, except people aren't throwing shit-fits about SU yet.

>except people aren't throwing shit-fits about SU
I guess the frequent visits to /trash/ has made you delusional

>a large portion of Sup Forums liked mlp.

Some people like to hate on it, but it's nowhere near the level it was back when the mlp shitstorm happened.

Yeah. They did. And then they moved to /mlp/.

You can admit something was popular without implying you like it, you know.

Because Bronies were /d/ level degenerates. Rock lovers are just Sup Forumsmblr

It's shocking, but many people enjoyed a good cartoon back before enjoying things was made a bannable offense.

/mlp/ was created because /d/ and /e/ kept getting into threads and the fandom wasn't talking about shit anymore. Its the reason why /aco/ was created to keep Sup Forums worksafe

>a good cartoon

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the cartoon that I enjoyed, user. I hope there are many other cartoons you will enjoy in the future.

cause it attract retarded tumbrites.

Crying and shouting "There's not fiiillers!"

>getting huffed by a cartoon nobodies forcing you to watch

you know you like it, you wouldn't be in this thread shitposting otherwise

Some people on this board are just desperate for a new My Little Pony to bitch about.

Global Rule 15 was a mistake.

OP , just saw S4
Discard everything i said

>Implying Sup Forums is not a hivemind
you must be new

only good thing about this show is the lore
the characters suck and steven cries all the time

wtf

(OP)
This tries to deconstruct the Shounen format while at the same time attempts to be said format. It tries to be a show with anime influence, but all that ever amounts to is some shout out to certain anime. Its characters are insufferable save for a few. The setting is uninspiring, the music is dull. and the fight scenes are mediocre.

This show works better as a slice of life sitcom, but the fanbase is too stubborn, or stupid to realize this. And they consider any episodes that don't hint at "THE LORE" as non-canon.

Then you have these ass holes like
who crawl out of their general threads and get cultural shock with they find out that people think their show is stupid.

Sup Forums hates it for two basic reasons:

1. They thought it would be an action-adventure show and got mad when "plot developments" (the progression of the relationship between Earth and HW) didn't consistently occur. This is why they hate townie episodes and comes from the same sentiment that drives Sup Forums to hate later AT. Basically, they're very dumb and thought these shows were about one thing because the first seasons established some background through episodic action stories, and the later seasons were used to serve the broader thematic goals of the shows by developing characters and relationships, so the result is a base of people who feel compelled to finish the show despite hating every minute.

2. The steady influx of Sup Forums into other boards over the past years means that the tolerance of any user on any given board for any SJW themes in anything has steadily decreased.

Could Sup Forums rate this?
>it may contain spoilers if you haven't seen the show
youtube.com/watch?v=27E5I9-_abk

>watch the trial
>instantly in love with blue zircon
>it's ruining my life and i've cried over her like twice already
can anyone help my predicament

Wasn't able to get past episode 3 where the moral is you shouldn't be held even slightly accountable for gross incompetence

I gave it an honest try. Didn't like it. Dont hate it, I just don't watch it.

What did you want the gems to do to him?

Hate her

watch thishopefully it'll make you feel better

>This tries to deconstruct the Shounen format

>why don't people like leftist propaganda?

Gee, I don't now. Maybe some people just aren't commies?

>leftist propaganda
>commies
literally topkek
nice meme user

>leftist propaganda in my childrens' cartoons

reactionaries are wild

>I don't know why Sup Forums hates i
>I'm on season 2
Oh you're about to see why they hate it

why?

There isn't reddit, we aren't a hive mind here

Also I agree its fucking great.

>answering questions no one ever made
>beign delusional
>being retarded
>being Sup Forums
also
>people
did you just assumed my species?

>>It's gay

That's the point, user.

hahaha

This show can be enjoyable if you avoid the terrible fanbase

just keep watching it faggot

I'd been slowly keeping up with it just because everyone's SO LOUD when a new episode drops in my circles. This bomb was what I expect from SU in terms of quality, and I'm pissed off we only just got back to something compelling and interesting after a whole shitload of garbage and I'm even more pissed off at the prospect we'll be getting another wave of townies and unnecessary crying

there's no real SJW propaganda in the show, i dont know where people are getting this from

there's even one ep where Steven's conservative uncle shows up and gets upset because he feels like he's being replaced by 'hippies', it showed him in an extremely sympathetic light

Ponies on Sup Forums was more of an obsession to shitpost rather than a fondness of the show. Original bronies were trolls that tried to get everybody to join their group, and it became so spammy that moot banned ponies on every board. /mlp/ was created long after.

What are zircons even for, how often do trials on Homeworld happen - like once a year?

SU is one of those shows that sounds pretty cool on paper but the execution is pure garbage.
And even on paper its still kinda cliche as fuck.
Seriously
>make a show about intergalactic intrigue
>focus almost entirely on the most mundane slice of life shit
>world building is below mediocre
Wasted potential out the asshole.
Like it if you want but it handles just about all of its elements poorly and just about every aspect is done better by the animes sucrose shamelessly copies from.
Plus they only air episodes twice a year for no reason.

>stupid miniscule issue happens
>every single person on the show breaks into tears for 5 seconds
>miniscule thing is instantly resolved, no payoff whatsoever, no climactic showdown, just everyone hugging and talking about their feelings like a liberal arts college safe space

I think that covers the biggest problems in the show.

Dude you've got Zucchini's tumblr breakdowns alone as evidence the shows subtle SJW propaganda.

I imagine it started out as a parody of magical girl animes and then they tried adding plot and more 'serious' elements

The show got worse, and the character designs got worse, they have become more flat and soulless.

Steven as the protagonist is unbearable, he's fat, clumsy and never matures, there's no character growth other than he has to cry everytime something bad happens. Probably the least likable protagonist I've ever seen in a cartoon show.

It all falls to shit after Peridot.

Kinda detracts from the show when "progression" is done at the pace of a snail swimming through molasses in December.

It came across as tumblr: the show to me.

Contrarianism and muh ess jay double jews

This desu

because you faggots can't keep it in one fucking thread like/mlpģ