Final thoughts on this film before it vanishes into obscurity forever?

Final thoughts on this film before it vanishes into obscurity forever?

>Final thoughts on this film before it vanishes into obscurity forever?

It uninspired, mediocre and easily forgettable.

Easily one of Pixar's worst films.

he wasnt even a good dinosaur, he was weak, cowardy and rude

Brave-tier. But at least that had a princess in it, so it wouldn't be forgotten just because of that. Unless they rotate Merida out.

But it's still not as bad as sell-out kiddy merchandising shit like Cars or that boring, manipulative, anger-inducing clusterfuck Up.

It was meh. None of the characters really stuck out, and the dialogue is few and far between. It wasnt horrible, but it was easily one of PIXAR's most forgettable films.

I watched this with my family last weekend. As soon as it was over, I glanced at my wife and said, "The Good Dinosaur? More like the MEDIOCRE Dinosaur, am I right?"

I mean they seriously just took like every western/southern coming-of-age movie trope they could think of and had dinosaurs act them out.

I forgot I even watched this movie until I saw this thread.

Was it better or worse than Cars?

I've never heard of this movie.

i skipped it, never release two movies same year , pixar.

i still find merch with that fugly dinosaur here and there.

Wow I guess I'm the only one who liked it. I found it cute and charming and got the message, though I feel it was a little too high concept what with the homesteading, neolothic dinosaurs and all.

Let me put it this way, I don't even think Cars is that bad but it's still my least favorite Pixar movie. Or it was until this thing came along and dropped several rungs down the placement ladder below Cars.

Cars is at least competent, Good Dinosaur just trips over itself.

I loved the setting and world-building. They managed to make this "sentient dinosaur" story without just turning it into a parody of real life. The dinosaurs had their own little farms and ranches that fit with their biology and weren't just human stuff slightly bigger. I wanted to see more on how this world worked.

It's a shame they didn't focus on that stuff. It ended up just being a competently done but generic "boy and his dog" story. Not bad, but nothing special.

i saw it at a $1 theater, waste of $1

It is medicore for its own but I love how brutal many scenes are for +4 children movie and how well dog-boy relation was written.
IMO it's better than Cars for sure.

Cool but lame

>brutal
>from the director of short "partly cloudy"

yeah, some people have terrible sense of humour, which results in awful directing

idk I liked it

>That scene where Arlo is full of bruises after the watter drags his body over rocks all night
>That scene where HE FUCKING RIPS PIECE OF THE WING OF THE BIRDOSAURUS

Garbage.

They put so much work into the environments and lighting that a silly dinosaur that looked like it was made in gary's mod felt jarring side by side

I work at ToysRUs, all of its merchandise got clearanced out. I don't tend to watch the movies for clearanced toys.

Except for anything with minions. I fucking hate them.

I barely remember it to be completely honest. It was fine, kinda cute I guess, but mediocre in the worst way. It felt more like an episode to a kid TV show rather than a movie. The backgrounds were beautiful, the animation was good (cause pixar); but they have a higher standard to achieve. It was fine, nothing much, but it was fine.

Nothing but a dumb excuse to experiment with landscape graphics while still weeding out dumb people's money