Static Shock Appreciation Week

It's Static Shock Appreciation Week on Tumblr. Let's have a thread to appreciate Static. Favorite episode of the show ? Favorite issue of his comic series ? Favorite supporting character ? Favorite villain ?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicmix.com/2017/05/21/michael-davis-milestone-is-dead/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Richie is my favorite supporting character .

The special episodes were some of my favorites. The Nightbreed episode is one of my favorites.

>on tumblr
Fucking Sup Forumsmbjust kidding lets do this
Has Ebon ever been in the comics

What an odd drawing. I always interpreted his hair to be dreads, but this just makes it look like he straightens his hair

Richie is everyone's favorite character
Didn't McDuffie said his popularity is what helped made the final season into production?

He hair is dreads but sometimes it looks like spikes.

>anime-style dreads
They're definitely dreads but I think your standard anime style drawing is a whole lot more comfortable and adept at drawing hair spikes

Mist from Knights proves you can do it, it's just a matter of effort.

this show aged like shit

I wish they brought Dusk into the cartoon.

Has anyone brought the new DVDs ?

I'm still mad that might Static won't be in Injustice 2.

Especially the first two season.

Why is he not relevant anymore? Seems like when Marvel started doing all their progressive equality stuff, DC decided to bury all their characters who aren't white

I think it cause DC doesn't completely own him.

Guy was still a loser, even with powers

>has one of the best power sets of anyone in the show
>lives in a crackhouse
>hangs out with some of the weakest, most useless people out there
Ebonics was such a failure, holy shit.

>Gain shadow powers
>Can make portals
????????

Ion digging this design but I think it still needs a coat or sweater.

What interactions would he have? What would be his super

He had low ambitions, wanted to run the hood. Why? Because he was still a scared, angry little boy from a broken home that wanted to prove to everyone he was something. Hes like nigga Electro, all that power but does dick with it because hes an idiot. At least Electro can keep the lights on

Hotstreak and Aquamaria were pretty powerful

If Shiv was smarter and a better fighter he'd be a decent threat, he was basically a low rent Green Lantern

He was a failure but he was a cool failure .

Could I hijack this thread for a short period to find out what exactly the hold up is with Milestone?

Why don't they just buy the rights then? Like what's the deal with DC and Milestone does DC own them or not?

Static is one of Milestone's greatest characters, so yes.

member that episode where beast boy was mentioned

>so yes.

Oh, Good because I swear it's been two years since they announced a reboot and I'm just a little curious what's going on. Even if someone could give me a link as to why there's been so little if any movement on this. I feel I'll look like this by the time they actual put out an issue.

According to Michael Davis Milestone might be dead. But I hope it's dead.
comicmix.com/2017/05/21/michael-davis-milestone-is-dead/

*not dead.

This makes me so mad. Milestone has much great characters DC could be using right now. They would be perfect for that push for diversity.

Thanks, that was informative and depressing.

I'm going to quietly hold out hope that he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about but it really doesn't sound like it. That Dark Matters talk hurt my soul

We need to demand DC to bring back Milestone. Show them there are still fans of Milestone.

Aquamaria was decent enough but f-stop and shiv were both crippled by their lack of brains. Though as we saw with whatever the mind control chick was called, ebon works poorly with people smarter than himself.

Specks and Trapper deserves to be the top dog villains. They built a fucking time manipulator.

I think they seriously need to buy Milestone just for Static. He's the only Milestone character people really seem to love and still talked about.

Rocket too I guess. But the rest are pretty 90s/00s and I'm not sure they'd work nowadays. Icon especially, isn't he just an Uncle Tom to blacks? He's not #woke at all.

>Favorite episode of the show

Perma Frost

>Favorite Supporting Character

Rubber Band Man

>Favorite Villain

Spaulding

"Blast from the Past"

>But the rest are pretty 90s/00s and I'm not sure they'd work nowadays.
Just retool them. Lots of Silver Age characters couldn't work in modern comics, they got retooled.

Since he's not List leaning young black people would think he's Uncle Tom. But I think we need a black Superhero like him right now.

>It's Static Shock Appreciation Week on Tumblr.
Why don't you go there and stay there, then?

Static's fanbase on Tumblr is actually good and not toxic like fandoms on Tumblr. But it's really small on there.

>episode
The Batman Beyond one
Or if that's cheating because it was a Batman Beyond episode, the one with spectrum and speed trap.
>supporting character
Anansi's bants never failed to amuse me
>villain
Serious answer: Specks and Trapper largely on the grounds of them being tech villains rather than metahumans which made them stand out. I also enjoyed their dynamic with vergil, being the douchy smart guys contrasting with nice smart guy Richie
Meme answer: Sup Forums dad and his stupid racism

>Anansi's bants never failed to amuse me

That trick he pulled by using the last of his magic to make multiple copies of his spider was pretty boss.

With this bullshit or whatever it is at DC or between them, would that affect YJ appearances? For Static, Rocket and Icon it could be a pretty good jump off point for the line.

I hope it doesn't affect them in Young Justice. Them being in the show could help bring interest to the characters .

It's a damn shame we will never get a static movie starring Donald glover, I tried rewatching the cartoon a little while ago but could never find good quality links

Kimcartoon sorta has it in good quality .There was a time on YouTube were could find episodes of it in good quality but now those episodes have been taken down.

If this is what his final design would look like I'm GLAD he was dropped. Static needs his cape/coat. Needs. In all seriousness, not a fan of the costume choice, but same.