Sup Forums what happened to the magic? , why cartoon nowadays are just so cold...

Sup Forums youtube.com/watch?v=qpeLcjfYDYY what happened to the magic? , why cartoon nowadays are just so cold. i mean every single episode had a good message why now is so cold and generic.

because you never genuinely liked cartoons, you like them out of nostalgia

You just need to watch the cartoons that continue that tradition, user.

Honestly season 4 of Courage is really similar to season 4 of Samurai Jack. Both shows had their ups and downs in the earlier seasons but became practically art forms by that point.

(Of course, then SJ season 5 came in and trashed that progression, which is why I'm not sure rebooting any other great cartoons is a good idea.)

If you're watching cartoons for moral messages you are 100% for real autistic. No grown adult should need a fucking cartoon to learn how to act.

If you're not watching cartoons for emotional value you are 100% for real autistic. (Not even shitposting here.)

Season 5 merely ended the series.

Because western corporate-animation mentality made emotions, passion and heart all move to Japan.

Terribly.

There were cold and generic cartoons then too.

This is going to become the new Korra until the next thing comes along.

>There were cold and generic cartoons then too.
Not really, and the few that existed could easily be ignored with all the awesome shit at the time.
>This is going to become the new Korra until the next thing comes along.
Yes, and it's well-deserved in both cases.

Except Korra really was bad. Samurai was rushed at worst.

SJS5 was arguably worse, for several reasons.

My little pony
Korra
Steven Universe
Samurai Jack
We Sup Forumsmrades are well known for bitching & hating everything popular because it's trendy to hate popular stuff to feel different from the rest, it's funny how we mock tumblr special snowflakes all the time yet we are too, special snowflakes on our own twisted way.

>Steven wants to lose weight because he's extremely unhealthy
>it's hard
>gives up
>everyone tells him that he's fine just the way he is
>continues to be extremely unhealthy
Yeah, really tugging at my heart strings there, user.

Except those shows are all OBJECTIVELY terrible. Contrarianism isn't always wrong, you know. Sometimes the masses are delusional.

Yeah there fucking were. You sound like an 18 year old who wasn't very cognizant of how stupid and basic plenty of 00s cartoons were. You're only remembering the better ones. And guess what there are good ones now too. Stop being a faggot.

>art
>objective

nigga..

>My little pony
Hating on it is something not surprising due to the fanbase when it started airing, for god sake, it got so bad they got their own containment board.
The show itself is fun, though
>Korra
Deserves the hate.
As a sequel, it completely shits on established canon, as well as being drowned in writer hackery that makes people believe AtlA was a fluke
>Steven Universe
Terrible cartoon. The writing is shit status quo garbage that they try to hide when they bring out the "plot" driven episodes. The "worldbuilding" is garbage. The characters are annoying or plain shit. Is clearly injecting political agendas where it's uncalled for.
Steven Universe is just cancer, and the fandom is even worse.
>Samurai Jack
People just hate on season 5, and why wouldn't they? It started strong, but fell off the deep end, it went for a romance plot by episode 5 when they only had 10 episodes to work with, Ashi and Jack's interactions were hard to watch too, not to mention Jack was far too trusting of Ashi when he was tricked by Aku into falling in love twice, Ashi's heel turn was also rushed as fuck for someone that was indoctrinated since birth. They bank on nostalgia and fan pandering. it suffers badly from pacing and time constraint and the ending was absolute garbage, the supposed climactic showdown was underwhelming, it shits on just how bad Aku's poison is by going the "power of love" route and the end of the battle is so rushed it was laughable. All in all it was a terrible send off for the show and Scaramouch was the only good thing to come from it.
Art is indeed objective you dunce.
You can objectively point out flaws in art, sculpting, music, writing, ect.
Making art be all about "feeling" rather than skill, experience and mastery of the craft is why nobody takes artists seriously anymore when shitting in a can can be considered "art", or making sculptures that look like garbage, or painting something that looks like it came from a preschooler.

>art
>any of those literal shitshows
come on man

Nice analysis, what do you think of the SJ ending itself though? Do you think Jack should have gone back or not?

>Do you think Jack should have gone back or not
Of course.
That had always been the end goal and is the point of his entire struggle. Had he just not gone back because of Ashi, letting his people and millions of others suffer throughout time, it would cheapen the whole thing, time travel plots are tricky to pull off, either go back and erase it all or stay and make it all mean nothing.
The ending? By that point I didn't care anymore, I just wanted the credits to roll after that Godawful "Ahsi! You have Aku's powers!" shit.
The Jack vs Aku showdown hyped for years, boiled down to Jack saying I love you to a girl and said girl, through the power of love, beating the Master of Master's control and mastering his powers immediately.
The aftermath lacked any impacted besides throwing in the "Hey, remember the guys that trained Jack?", the marriage thing was garbage, completely bereft of any emotional impact too, especially when it could be seen from miles away by anyone with two brain cells to rub together, I cannot stress enough how it was done so much better in Gurren Lagann, there was also barely any animation in those scenes.
The shot under the cherry blossom tree was memorable though. It lacked the WACHA sadly.

My question was more about the repeated complaints around here that the show delivered the wrong moral (you should just look for a magic reset button instead of trying to fix things as bad as they are right now). And then there's also the possibility of the future characters being erased on top of that.

What's your perspective on this?

>The show delivered the wrong moral (you should just look for a magic reset button instead of trying to fix things as bad as they are right now)
The show had a moral?
Contextually that doesn't really mean squat since, in this instance, finding the magic reset button was the entire point to begin with, and in no way did the show ever say it didn't exist or that it was anything else otherwise.
Trying to have a "good moral" shouldn't get in the way of a cohesive plot.
I'll admit that Genndy did seem to get a balance of both Sunshine and farts good ending with Aku defeated and the world becoming untouched by his evil as well as having a more somber tone with a "you can't get it all" ending; with lovable characters like the Scotsman disappearing, and I guess Ashi too; the needs of the many vs the needs of the one.
If I had to give it a moral, it seems to be about accepting death, the possibility that you'll have to make choices that have both positive and negative consequences and that you can't always get to have it all, that you can try to strive for more, but to not be unrealistic.
In regards to morals, I think the ending was fine.
>And then there's also the possibility of the future characters being erased on top of that.
That's not a possibility, it's a certainty, this should be expected of a time travel plot with the goal being to rewrite history.
Again, had they had more time to flesh out the future character's opinions instead of giving us more AshixJack nonsense, the blow that these characters will not exist as we know them or will never actually exist, would be less bitter.
In the end, not everything needs a moral, can't a story be just that? A story?

>That's not a possibility, it's a certainty
There's a huge difference between them being erased entirely and still existing with some differences. (Interesting perspective, though.)

Just because everyone in that show cry at least once per episode that doesn't mean I should feel sorry for them or feel their grief

Well, for example, Ashi won't exist.
The Scotsman probably will, but be completely unrecognizable. That is, if his ancestors don't die before him, Aku might be gone, but times of peace also bring dangers, not from outside, but from within, Scotsman's great great great grandfather might become a sedentary NEET and never pass on his seed.
A lot of characters were also aliens and robots.
Lots of what ifs.
There's also the philosophical angle that they won't be the same because they lacked the experiences and upbringing so their existence is effectively erased.
Really lots of possibilities, most of them not positive.

But this is why many people hate the ending, yet you seem indifferent to this aspect of it. (Along with the moral issues.)

That's because I wasn't under the illusion that these characters wouldn't get the shaft, so that aspect of the ending didn't hit me so hard as to make me hate it because of it.
As the years went by it just settled in me that they would be erased if Jack rewrote history, and it would have been inevitable since Jack's goal was to do just that to save his home.
I was pretty much already expecting something like this after the show's indefinite hiatus was broken.
And what moral issue? That Jack effectively killed thousands by going back to the past to kill Aku and prevent their existence?
Why does it matter now? In a cartoon of all things, when many of these same people would say that they would stop 9/11 or kill Hitler if they had a time machine; if these things were carried out, it would be the same effect and they would end up with millions of unborn deaths on their hands since they erased that part of history.
I think this line of looking at it is ridiculous, guy.
The ending was trash, but it certainly wasn't because of morals.