ARROW FLASH SUPERGIRL LOT CW FELICITY GENERAL

screenrant.com/flash-kevin-smith-visual-effects-arrow-budget/

>EW managed to obtain a snippet of the bonus content, in which the duo reveals the stark difference in the visual effects budget between Arrow and The Flash. Kreisberg said: “The visual effects budget of Arrow is literally a tenth [of Supergirl and The Flash]. It’s a lot of stunt work. It’s all practical by design.”

Fuck this. Why do they hate Arrow so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/gg6dbr5
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arrow doesn't get the ratings Flash does on CW. Most of the time on Flash effects (running, etc) are just reused over and over again. The cost comes from the times a gorilla shows up or the villain is a new CG mess thing.

Supergirl was brought over from CBS who had contract stipulations. The show was moved to Vancouver for cost reasons and turned two main characters into guest stars. The special effects budget was retained and CW is very pissy internally for it.

Legends also has a higher budget because it was intended for be a filler show for Flash (like Agent Carter for SHIELD) and CW somehow forgot this turning it into a normal show. Its budget keeps getting cut down

>Fuck this. Why do they hate Arrow so much?
You don't have to display superpowers on Arrow. It's not about who's the favorite show, it's about how to cut costs.

It should've been pretty obvious OP.

But Supergirl looks like shit. Much worse than either Flash or Arrow. Where does the budget go?

She looks better without makeup.

>A show with superpowers needs more money than a show about a guy with a bow
poor Arrow...your Casey Jones fucking sucked, Amell.

strawpoll.com/gg6dbr5

PATTY TIMEEEE

I'm just imaging railing her up against a bed post now, senpai

not a bad move

next season of arrow should just go back to the basics

Just Oliver and Diggle fighting bad guys

Why do they keep doing this? They're just gonna bleed viewers if every fucking episode takes place in the Waverider or Star Labs. Jesus. I'm really worried about these CW shows next fall. More cuts, actors leaving, running out of villains, etc.

>Superpower costs more money
Gee OP

Feel like Flash should look better than it does having the best ratings of all. But good lord does it look like hot garbage these days. CGI looks so bad and none of has any real weight to it anymore.

Arrow S5 was good though, mentor Ollie works and is an actual progression for the character. Also they tried to do that in S4 and it just makes Felicity more important since there's less characters

I agree. Arrow's supporting cast is fucking huge and fucking pointless.
Just keep Diggle and Black Canary. Get rid of the rest. Thea is basically slowly getting out and Ragman is already out. Mr Terrific is boring and useless, Wild Dog makes no sense, Arthemis is a bad guy now so she's basically out.

Sadly, Felicity will never go away.

>Sadly, Felicity will never go away.
Felicity is awesome. Get over it!

Diggle should be retired now to guest star His stories are boring retreads and his family is a crutch.

The Arrow cast should be:
Ollie
Thea (either put her back as Speedy or make her mayor, but her story is still good based on retiring)
black siren (redemption arc and end game romance)
Felicity (comedic friend, no more love interest in the group, should have kept Malone)
Wild dog (replaces Diggle bromance)
Quentin (CW shows always need a good dad figure)

That's a solid cast and allows room to add or take more.

>She looks better without makeup.
Nope.

stubby bitch

>next season of arrow
I really hope they gonna do season 1 flashbacks.

>make her mayor
That's a great idea!

>stubby bitch
Kneel before Felicity!

This season lacked a huge amount of Thea indeed. Is she done with the show or something?

I think she was busy with side projects like Kingdom Hearts

Oh thank god. She's the reason i occasionally watch.

>Is she done with the show or something?
I hope not. Maybe Willa was busy somewhere else.

>yfw no more barrowman

I haven't watched any of these DC shows, but what's the general opinion of these? Asking because I don't have CW but was thinking of getting the DVD sets to watch these shows instead.

They're mostly fun. Don't expect much, they're still your basic CW teenage drama shows at their core.

Just get Season 1 of the Flash, Season 2 of Legends of Tomorrow and Seasons 1 and 2 of Arrow.

Get Supergirl Season 2 only and ONLY if you enjoyed the silliness of these shows and only if you want a heavy dose of CUTE.

reminder that practical effect>CG

Because Arrow dont have superpowers that need expensive computer graphics, meanwhile Flash have Speed Force that need be render every minute

She was busy being in Kingdom Hearts.