WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: The DCEU

In honor of WONDER WOMAN's release.

Man of Steel (2013)

>Ben Affleck, Darren Aronofsky, Matt Reeves, Duncan Jones and Jonathan Liebesman were approached to direct the movie before Zack Snyder was hired, reportedly in part because he was willing to work with WB's deadlines.

>Early drafts featured an extended sequel of Faora and Nam-Ek destroying Hong Kong to pressure Superman into surrendering to them, which was cut due to budget.

>Early drafts featured Zod being exiled to the Phantom Zone in the final battle, but Snyder and Goyer preferred to have Superman kill him. Nolan objected to the idea, but Snyder persuaded him it was necessary to justify Superman's no-kill code to the audience.

>Early cuts opened with Clark Kent arriving at the Daily Planet, with the plot unfolding through three interlocked sets of flashback sequences, but this was changed after being poorly received by test-audiences.

>Snyder planned to include a post-credits scene featuring a shipment of Kryptonite being delivered to Wayne Manor, but Nolan objected to the idea of overtly teasing a sequel.

>Joe Manganiello, Matthew Goode, Colin O'Donoghue and Armie Hammer auditioned for Superman before Henry Cavill was cast.

>Anne Hathaway, Olivia Wilde, Emmy Rossum, Charlotte Riley, Dianna Agron, Kaya Scodelario, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kristen Bell, Lake Bell and Mila Kunis auditioned for Lois Lane before Amy Adams was cast.

>Diane Kruger, Rosamund Pike and Gal Gadot auditioned for Faora before Antje Traue was cast.

>Viggo Mortensen was approached for Zod before Michael Shannon was cast.

>Daniel Day-Lewis, Clive Owen and Sean Penn were approached for Jor-El before Russell Crowe was cast.

>Julia Ormond and Connie Nielsen were approached for Lara before Aylet Zurer was cast.

>Bruce Greenwood, Dennis Quaid and Kurt Russell were approached for Jonathan Kent before Kevin Costner was cast.

>Sela Ward and Elisabeth Shue were approached for Martha Kent before Diane Lane was cast.

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Namek
youtube.com/watch?v=3Pxz3OOA0RY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

>The movie was originally greenlit as a sequel to MAN OF STEEL featuring Lex Luthor and Metallo.

>Josh Brolin and Ben Affleck were approached for Batman, but both declined. Joe Manganiello, Matthew Goode, Scott Adkins, Max Martini and Richard Armitage auditioned before Affleck reconsidered and brought his contributor Chris Terrio to revise David Goyer's script, which he found disappointing.

>Olga Kurylenko, Elodie Yung and Emily Ratajkowski auditioned for Wonder Woman before Gal Gadot was cast.

>Joaquin Phoenix was offered the role of Lex Luthor, but declined. Matt Damon, Bradley Cooper, Denzel Washington and Bryan Cranston were also considered before Snyder changed his plans for the character.

>Jesse Eisenberg was originally approached to play Jimmy Olsen. Snyder had planned to cast a famous actor and then kill Olsen early in the movie to subvert audience experications, but Eisenberg declined. Snyder felt Eisenberg's disdainful attitude was so powerful he changed the entire script to accomodate for a new interpretation of Luthor that would play to Eisenberg's strengths.

>Batman's Knightmare and Flash's appearance were late additions by Snyder, who believed that the narrative was "too linear" and needed more surreal elements, even though he hadn't quite figured out what they meant.

>Christopher Nolan objected to using Superman's death early into the DCEU, but Snyder persuaded him it was important to the movie.

>The movie's disappointing critical reception and below expectations box office performance prompted Warner to change their plans for the DCEU and scrap Snyder's original vision of a dark and gritty deconstruction of superheroes in favor of more conventional superhero adventures.

Suicide Squad (2016)

>David Ayer pitched the movie to WB and was given one month to write the script ahead of filming.

>Early drafts featured Rick Flag as the main character, but this was changed when Will Smith was cast as Deadshot.

>Early drafts featured King Shark, but the character was deemed too expensive and replaced by Killer Croc.

>Tom Hardy was originally cast as Flag, but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. Jake Gyllenhall, Luke Evans, Joel Edgerton and Jon Bernthal were approached to replace him before Joel Kinnaman was cast.

>Bernthal and Jai Courtney also auditioned for Deadshot before Will Smith was cast.

>Oprah Winfrey and Octavia Spencer were approached for Amanda Waller before Viola Davis was cast.

>Shia LaBeouf was approached for Lieutenant GQ Edwards before Scott Eastwood was cast. The character's role was severely reduced in rewrites.

>The movie went through massive reshoots to inject more action and humor and was re-edited multiple times by different companies after middling reception by test-audiences and the disappointing critical and commercial performance of BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE, leading to numerous scenes being deleted, including most content featuring the Joker.

>The abusive relationship between the Joker and Harley Quinn was scrapped in the reshoots in favor of a more conventional romance to capitalize on the characters's popularity with teenage audiences.

Wonder Woman (2017)

>WB originally planned to release the movie after JUSTICE LEAGUE.

>Michelle MacLaren was originally slated to direct, but dropped out due to creative differences. Catherine Hardwicke, Mimi Leder, Karyn Kusama, Julie Taymor and Tricia Brock were also approached before Patty Jenkins was hired.

>WB studie two alternative scripts, one set in the Crimean War and one set in World War I, before ultimately choosing the latter.

>Jenkins was initially adamant that the movie be set in World War II as per the comics, but was convinced otherwise by Snyder.

>Liam Hemsworth and Alexander Skarsgard were approached for Steve Trevor before Chris Pine was cast.

>Nicole Kidman and Cate Blanchett were approached for Queen Hyppolita before Connie Nielsen was cast.

>Eva Green was reportedly approached for Doctor Poison before Elena Anaya was cast.

>Sean Bean was reportedly approached for Ares before David Thewlis was cast.

>The original script was reportedly heavily reworked by on set after the poor critical and commercial reception to BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

>The original ending where Diana abandons humanity for 100 years after Steve Trevor's death was scrapped after negative feedback from test-screenings and a more hopeful ending where Diana remains protective of the human race was added in reshoots.

>Lex Luthor
>Denzel Washington
The butthurt would have been uncontainable.

Uh no. Denzelex wouldn't have acted like Eisenlex, he looks the part more and people still think Lex is black due to STAS

Denzel is cool, his Luthor would've been cool too

>Scott Adkins as Bruce Wayne

He would've been perfect
Would be perfect for Nightwing if he was a bit younger

>Jon Bernthal almost single-handedly carried ANOTHER live action Sup Forums adaptation

How does he do it?

>The abusive relationship between the Joker and Harley Quinn was scrapped in the reshoots in favor of a more conventional romance to capitalize on the characters's popularity with teenage audiences.

-_________-

>Sean Bean was reportedly approached for Ares before David Thewlis was cast.

Sean actually avoided a movie where he dies?!?

that truly would've been amazing.. fuck

>Tom Hardy was originally cast as Flag

any other actor listed for lex would have been better than eisenberg. i'm sad they didn't cast billy zane. he would have been perfect.

Wait, one of the villains is called Nam-Ek, which sounds similar to Namek, the planet from the Dragon Ball Z anime series?

dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Namek

>The movie was originally greenlit as a sequel to MAN OF STEEL featuring Lex Luthor and Metallo.

You what should have been the first movie?

>Jesse Eisenberg was originally approached to play Jimmy Olsen. Snyder had planned to cast a famous actor and then kill Olsen early in the movie to subvert audience experications, but Eisenberg declined. Snyder felt Eisenberg's disdainful attitude was so powerful he changed the entire script to accomodate for a new interpretation of Luthor that would play to Eisenberg's strengths.

Eisenberg's performance would have been better if he had been cast as the Riddler.

Remember how they announced this movie, and how we all pissed ourselves?

youtube.com/watch?v=3Pxz3OOA0RY

Despite Man of Steel, I believed in this movie right up until the credits started rolling, and I sat back and thought about it, and the disappointment hasn't stopped since.

I hope DC gets better. I want DC to get better.

>we could have had Bernthal as Ostrander Deadshot
GOD
FUCKING
SHITTING
CHRIST

FUCK YOU WILL

> Elodie Yung
Thank GOD that bitch wasn't picked.
Horrible Electra & eeven skinner then Gadot.

HERE IS WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED...
> Amy was still picked for Lois
> Olivia Wilde was picked for Faora
> Antje Traue was picked for Wonder Woman much earlier then Gadot. Like 2013 so she wouldn't have retired as she planned to right before getting the call for Mos.

>Nolan objected to the idea, but Snyder persuaded him it was necessary to justify Superman's no-kill code to the audience.
This will never make sense.

>Affleck reconsidered and brought his contributor Chris Terrio to revise David Goyer's script, which he found disappointing.
Can you imagine how shitty Goyer's script was if THAT was what we got?

>>Batman's Knightmare and Flash's appearance were late additions by Snyder, who believed that the narrative was "too linear" and needed more surreal elements, even though he hadn't quite figured out what they meant.
Oh it shows.

>The original script was reportedly heavily reworked by on set after the poor critical and commercial reception to BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.
>>The original ending where Diana abandons humanity for 100 years after Steve Trevor's death was scrapped after negative feedback from test-screenings and a more hopeful ending where Diana remains protective of the human race was added in reshoots.

Johns saved us.

BASED CEREAL LORD, destroying Snyder's shit and telling the Gentry to fuck off.

this is the movie that pisses me off the most

>4:53

Fuck you, faggot.

>elodie yung

oh, what couldve been...

Now we got him as Frank and all is good.

She's as skinny as Godot though

she can buff up, also she is a much better actor (i havent seen wonder woman yet, so bear with me). i thought she was the second best thing about daredevil season 2 (firs tbeing the punisher) and just based off of her acting on the show, she was my dream casting for wonder woman

Looks too Asian for WW.

She is decent as a wise seductress type.
I can't picture her being good as a innocent fish out of water.

she looks racially ambigious, which i prefer for wonder woman because i've always seen her as a mother of the word type of figure, she belongs to everybody and is a true citizen of this world.

idk how innocent ww is supposed to be, butthe wise seductress shit doesnt hurt t.b.h. in dd she was a badass and had taht whole "i alone make all my decisions" shit down. she seems authoritative and strong and sure of herself, which is nice for ww

Suicide Squad is the single worst adaptation of Sup Forums material I've seen in a long time.

Having seen WW I can say Godot's acting is possibly the most solid thing in the movie.

Why must you spread such falsitudes?

>Viggo Mortensen as Zod

>Early drafts featured Rick Flag as the main character, but this was changed when Will Smith was cast as Deadshot.

>Bernthal auditioned for Deadshot before Will Smith was cast.

>Snyder persuaded him it was necessary to justify Superman's no-kill code to the audience.

>In Snyder's mind Superman needs a reason for Superman not to kill
>He can only learn this by brutally killing someone first
He just becomes more and more of a hack the more I read about him.

Does that mean Snyder killed someone? Or wants to kill people?

>Affleck reconsidered and brought his contributor Chris Terrio to revise David Goyer's script, which he found disappointing.
Oh the irony.
>before Snyder changed his plans for the character.
Fuck you you fucking hack.
>Batman's Knightmare and Flash's appearance were late additions by Snyder, who believed that the narrative was "too linear" and needed more surreal elements, even though he hadn't quite figured out what they meant.
Jesus Christ. If WB have any sense they'll never let him anywhere another DC property ever again.
>prompted Warner to change their plans for the DCEU and scrap Snyder's original vision of a dark and gritty deconstruction of superheroes
Looks like they finally learnt their lesson, too bad they let him stay on for JL though
>deconstruction of superheroes
Oh fuck off.

>The original ending where Diana abandons humanity for 100 years after Steve Trevor's death was scrapped after negative feedback from test-screenings and a more hopeful ending where Diana remains protective of the human race was added in reshoots.
Thank fuck for Johns. He probably even let Snyder keep his story credit so the guy could save face. Based cereal king.

I'll always say that BvS felt like three different movies crammed into one shit package. It should have been:
>Man of Steel II
Lex Luther tries to expose Superman as a danger to the world and tries to turn public opinion against him (with shit like the capitol bombing).
>Batman vs Superman
Having failed, Lex manipulated Batman into a conflict with Superman, etc.
>Dawn of Justice
Going off the deep end, Luther unleashes Doomsday in a desperate attempt to kill Superman. Meanwhile, Bats starts finding the metahumans.

>Mila Kunis auditioned for Lois Lane
Thank god that didn't fucking happen.
She was the worst thing in Jupiter Ascending.

>>Batman's Knightmare and Flash's appearance were late additions by Snyder, who believed that the narrative was "too linear" and needed more surreal elements
Can someone fucking explain what is wrong with this?
Seriously what the fuck is wrong with making the film more mysterious, epic and foreboding?

>>The original ending where Diana abandons humanity for 100 years after Steve Trevor's death was scrapped after negative feedback from test-screenings and a more hopeful ending where Diana remains protective of the human race was added in reshoots.
Stupid bastard fucks. Erasing any tangible consequences and weight to the film whatsoever just like the faggot ass Reeves films. Your a fucking childish cancer on this genre.

>but Snyder persuaded him it was necessary to justify Superman's no-kill code to the audience.

When did they even establish this

>Snyder persuaded

Is that like his super power? To convince people his shitty ideas are good? I'm surprised trump hasn't hired him to be a negotiater.

Read the last part of that sentence.

>she looks racially ambigious

Clearly SE Asian

Even Daredevil conceded this and made Elektra adopted instead of natural Greek

That'd be funny.